Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    But you are very clearly in the minority
    Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone missed the meeting where they told everyone why players like to get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I can see your point but the timing feels so similar to how I was killing things pre patch. But then again I'm at 876 so maybe I'm not high enough item level to really see that big a difference yet... but then at the higher item level you still do more damage anyways so I feel like it would cancel out.
    It's not horrible like I said, but if every mob takes 2-5 seconds longer it adds up over a world quest to an extra 1-2 mins when the opposite should be happening, it's an RPG my character should get stronger not weaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they didn't log in yet and tried it for themselves? Oß or have not thoroughly read or understood how this scaling is supposed to work - or because even the smallest change in killing speed pisses them off

I logged in for several hours. I felt like I was getting killed pretty fast somewhere on the Broken Isles. I thought it was just me but with the complaints popping up it made sense.

It's not horrible like I said, but if every mob takes 2-5 seconds longer it adds up over a world quest to an extra 1-2 mins when the opposite should be happening, it's an RPG my character should get stronger not weaker.

Or in this case, just not getting stronger at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Why are they mandatory? If you want to raid, then you can pretty much only do raids when you have gotten the entry gear lvl. After that, you don't need anything from the open world.... Order hall resourses? Not needed to raid. AP? You get it much faster by doing dungeons and raids. Gear? Gear is again much easier to get in dungeons and raids. You are not missing out on anything related to raiding, if you completly ignore WQs.

Now if you want to experience the story and get gadgets, then we are having a completly different story, but then Blizzard is merely putting up requirements for you to get what you want and that is the job of any game.
    Daily chests are really important for legendaries (I think I got almost half of my legs from there) and now we will have to see if is worth it (hope not) to do AP world quest (because of the new trait maybe they are better that m+)

Quote Originally Posted by anklestabber View Post
    Citation needed.
    Scroll up.

This is a brutal kick in the nuts for healers. Blizzard has already said they have over tuned it and are dialing it back, but this is still rough on the healers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    People really didn't read the post, didn't they?
    The moment i read the topic my initial reaction was totally the same as 99,9% of the people "Aww man Blizzard really want to fuck us/Gear is now not relevant/etc./etc"

Then I read the full post and I am actually agree with the direction.
    I really relate to the comment that for the time I cast my first spell on some mob someone else can come and oneshoot it and continue to one shooting everything else around me until i manage to cast a single spell. And this forces me to run like idiot, trying ot catch the pace of that warrior/dh/dk/etc and spam my instants in hope I can get a tag on quest mob. And vice versa - when I play my DH toon I can outrun almost everybody and annihilate the mob before the other person even touch it.

And also people really need to read this line "Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger."

If people can look at this side of the coin, where most of the changes this expansion where about class "fantasy" that, class "fantasy" this, this is like "world fantasy".
    What I mean is that Legion is our biggest threat. Demons should feel powerful. You shouldn't roflstomp demons like Varian. You should be the one roflstomped like Vol'Jin if you get aggro on two or more demons.

P.S. Well for Broken isles maybe this shouldn't be the case, but for Broken shore im up for that with 2 hands
    Well this wouldn't be such a problem if we didn't have so much ilvl inflation. There's already a 50-60 ilvl difference between items in EN and those in ToS (in the same difficulty ofc), and the expansion isn't even done yet, not counting the power increase of stuff like AP. Of course players will trivialize world content if, in the space of a single raid tier, they go from doing 300k DPS to doing 700k++.

Plus, Blizzard can't decide on a model where the player constantly grows in power while also increasing the power of mobs. That defeats the whole purpose of the continuous power growth AP is supposed to represent unless most of your gameplay is spent in instances, which is not the case for most players.

Make the mobs on the Broken Shore and those coming from invasions tougher, yeah, certainly. But those murlocs and harpies out in the world? I should be demolishing them now. Not to mention seeing mobs lose 40% of their health when I take off a ring is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Sorry, no.... it is the same boss. Do you think you're fighting two different sets of bosses if you walk into a heroic 5 man, and then into a mythic one?

No, what you actually do when your ilvl goes up is take on more challenging instanced content. Same as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that common sense doesn't align with your view of the game.
    FYI, it's said right there in the blue post:
    The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it. If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger. But you should always be getting more powerful in relative terms, and upgrades should always matter. From some reactions so far, it sounds like we may be off on that tuning. And as noted above, the fact that unequipping items can ever be helpful is a bug that we'll be investigating and fixing.
    You're supposed to get more powerful, you're supposed to outgear outdoor content and make it easier and faster and they recognize that and encourage it, the fact that it's sometimes not happening correctly is a bug. That's not the point of getting gear for some people (overgearing outdoor content), but regardless it's a side effect of getting better gear. Obviously to get even more powerful gear, or to actually have a challenge, you need to take on higher level/ more challenging content but that's not what we're discussing, we're talking about outdoor world content specifically.

Different people play the game, and enjoy it, in different ways....who knew that millions of people could enjoy different things and have different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe they didn't log in yet and tried it for themselves? Oß or have not thoroughly read or understood how this scaling is supposed to work - or because even the smallest change in killing speed pisses them off
    Kinda what I'm thinking. I think people are just looking at the numbers are coming to a conclusion that it must take longer. Perhaps it does... by like a second or two maybe? Something negligible at least. Even with the elites that take 30~ seconds or so that's without popping a CD like I usually do. Things still drop really easy but maybe I have Arms warrior privilege or something cause our burst is ridiculous lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I think someone missed the meeting where they told everyone why players like to get loot.
    At least a few times an expansion Blizzard has a what the fuck where they thinking change. This is just the newest installment in that trend.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Everything will be fine, chill the fk out.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It adds up, 2-5 seconds per mob over a WQ gets annoying pretty quick, it's just counter productive.

I've also been on and tested it, if I take one of my rings off mobs go from 1.5 million health to 1 million health. It's bad design when it's more enjoyable to play with less gear on.

But you are very clearly in the minority, accept that. Also you can take the snark out of your comments, it's completely counter to civil discourse.

That being said, I don't see how taking a few extra seconds for a quest you've done a hundred times is "progressive."
    *Eats Popcorn*

Minority? We're not talking Politics mate. Must I really say it in a kindergarden tone for you?

O

P

I

N

I

O

N

S

!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    With this fuckign change i simply put my healer and tank characters to sleep and play only a dps. Cause fuck to do WQ and stuff with a healer and scaling power level. Fuck it. Well done Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    extra 500k becomes negligible when you start getting better gear. Even with the scaled up mobs you're more than likely still killing them faster than a lower ilvl person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Oh give me a ********* break, this is so much bull****.

Guess I wont be playing my mage anymore, was brutal enough just after dinging 110. Guess I wont be finishing Suramar either, thanks Blizzard assholes.
    it barely effects you unless you're above 880 ilvl... which id assume you're not if you havent finished suramar.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

It adds up, 2-5 seconds per mob over a WQ gets annoying pretty quick, it's just counter productive.

I've also been on and tested it, if I take one of my rings off mobs go from 1.5 million health to 1 million health. It's bad design when it's more enjoyable to play with less gear on.
    MoP did it with the dailies, and no one complained about that. We've done similar shit with the Apexis Crystals. We've gone through the same shit over and over before. If WQs make you just now realize that, then...damn...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    With this fuckign change i simply put my healer and tank characters to sleep and play only a dps. Cause fuck to do WQ and stuff with a healer and scaling power level. Fuck it. Well done Blizz!
    Git gud then....

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    extra 500k becomes negligible when you start getting better gear. Even with the scaled up mobs you're more than likely still killing them faster than a lower ilvl person.
    I disagree, I've literally done it myself I kill stuff faster taking a piece of gear off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    MoP did it with the dailies, and no one complained about that. We've done similar shit with the Apexis Crystals. We've gone through the same shit over and over before. If WQs make you just now realize that, then...damn...
    You have to add some personal slight to every comment? The point stands it's bad game design to make characters weaker in an RPG. Also when did they do this before? When was ilvl scaling in the game before?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I've literally done it myself I kill stuff faster taking a piece of gear off.
    Well yeah duh lol... rings (minus legendaries) don't add that much to your overall power so now you take off a big chunk of health and things become "easier". You'd tack on an extra what.. 2 seconds with the ring?