Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you have an actual point?

The first day yes the world gets a little tougher relative to what it had been for those people in extreme high gear levels. From that point on, the world gets easier as people get better gear.

The first day is forgotten about after that first day. A year from now, do you really think people will care if the system is working as intended?

I get more much more powerful, mobs get a little more powerful. Im still getting stronger than the mobs, and its still taking me less time to kill them.

A lot of this issue lays in the ilvl inflation. Go back to TBC days, over the course of the entire expansion, even if you were in sunwell gear, mobs still were not 100% trivial, and especially the ones on the new zone isle of quel danis. They made the mobs tougher. Just like in Timeless Isle, just like in Tannan Jungle, Just like in Isle of Thunder, Just like in Orgrilla, Just like in Skettis, just like in Icecrown, Just like in the Firelands quest zone.
    It's hard to understand my point when you intentionally misquote me to push your agenda.

You should never be so powerful in current content that you can 1 shot everything you touch. Thats just bad gameplay, and we will agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

You just put words into peoples mouth and try to bait a reaction. It's sad and worn out.

I do not understand why so many are whining. You people literally wanted scaling. You wanted timewalking dungeons, some even want timewalking RAIDS!? You want old world Azeroth to scale???? You wanted zones to scale as you leveled up.

So please be quiet, you wanted it and got it.

I would not be unhappy with this, if there was a cap. ... Like things scaled up to 110. And then capped. If the gear scaling ended at like 900. Then that would be fine.

Challenge to promote me wanting more power. I get that power, and I'm rewarded with things being easier again. I can go back to farming things easily and all is good. But if it scales endlessly... then there is actually no reason to ever continue getting gear. It will only make things harder unless I itemize absolutely perfectly. Even then its just going to be ... less fun.

Part of the fun of wow, is the challenge. But part of it is also out gearing that same challenge. You feel more powerful, things go down easier, farming becomes less problematic, and becomes routine. Big impossible challenges become soloable, which is incredibly fun. Those bears who one shotted you in your dps set, and required a tank set, now can be taken down with the extra dps and armor in dps mode (with some skill) ... and that's rewarding. Very rewarding. If you find its never possible to do that, they have taken away a key enjoyment factor out of the game. Progression games are all about that, progression. Over-gearing things is fun. Undergearing things is also fun to the right people. Like some folks walk into challenge modes at 800 ilvl. or less. Some people never do challenge modes, they just are die-fests. some people just do world quests, and love overgearing things, its like super fun to squash things. Some people avoid world quests like the plague... and hate that they ever have to do them. Scaling is just removing a fun channel. (assuming it is endless)

I strongly recommend they have some cap on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I do not understand why so many are whining. You people literally wanted scaling. You wanted timewalking dungeons, some even want timewalking RAIDS!? You want old world Azeroth to scale???? You wanted zones to scale as you leveled up.

Nope. I very much doubt anyone wanted current content to be scaled. Every thing you asked for was old content.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

How do you manage to let these thoughts go from your brain to your fingers without you catching the fact that the people making contrary arguments aren't the same people? You understand that not everyone other than yourself is a monolithic contradictory being, correct?

Person A - Wants scaling

Person B - Doesn't want scaling

Person C (You) - thinks person A and B are the same person for some reason.

I didn't really notice the difference, stuff dies just the same to me, maybe if I used a stopwatch I'd notice a slight difference but I haven't encounter a mob where I have been thinking that it took an unusual long time to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Scaling doesn't bother me. I get gear to make bigger numbers in dungeons and raids.

I don't gear my character to feel more powerful out in the world. People do that? Like, get gear just to see how easy they can quest now and one shot kobolds? Meh, to each their own, but I don't see how this change "OMG NEGATES GEAR, I FEEL WEAK?!?!112!"

Doesn't really change anything for me.
    Some people don't want farming to take forever. Some people don't raid. Or even 5-man, or anything but do World quests, and farm. Not everyone plays for the same reasons as you.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's why I said it could just be a communication mixup. It's clearly an answer to a problem, and it's good that they are looking for it - it just seems like a work-in-progress project added to the game without good supervision and control.
    Yep, agreed. The fact that there are ANY bugs and that they didn't test it is what bothers me. I would like more transparency from Blizz as this does go against what they have said in the past, I just happen to agree that this is a needed change.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's hard to understand my point when you intentionally misquote me to push your agenda.

You just put words into peoples mouth and try to bait a reaction. It's sad and worn out.
    No you are just being overly dramatic, along with the rest of the vocal minority.

Point: You STILL will be getting more powerful relative to the outdoor world with item level increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    ]
    You should never be so powerful in current content that you can 1 shot everything you touch. Thats just bad gameplay, and we will agree to disagree.
    The question is whether or not said quests are "current content". The rewards for it seem a bit low for players of 900 ilvl - and those are the ones who have problems with sudden difficulty spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jastall View Post
    nice try, but i'm a heroic raider and i find this annoying for several reasons. First it's dropped out of the blue without any mention in patch notes. Second ion explicitly said in a q&a that they didn't want to do such a thing. Third because blizzard is trying to fix a problem (ilvl inflation) with another problem (mob scaling). Fourth because it's broken that i can unequip a ring and see mob health drop by 40%. Fifth because the very concept of an mmo is gaining power; what's the point if monsters also do? Sixth because if you're geared this doesn't even add a lot more challenge, it's purely tedious. And seventh because if you're a tank/healer mainspec you are royally fucked by mobs that you finally got a decent time to kill on, now becoming twice as long to dispatch.

It's a stupid change, and has no place in this game. I don't say this often, but this is not something blizzard should just tweak. It should be removed entirely. Gear scaling is fine for solo scenarios to preserve some amount of challenge. It doesn't belong anywhere else.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

You should never be so powerful in current content that you can 1 shot everything you touch. Thats just bad gameplay, and we will agree to disagree.
    You just put words into peoples mouth and try to bait a reaction. It's sad and worn out.[/QUOTE]

It's Jaylock though. Why even waste time talking to him when all he does is troll?
    There is no agenda there. It's just baiting and trying to upset people.

If this is actually successful, I wonder how long it will take Blizzard to realize that it is FAR simpler to achieve the same effect by vastly decreasing the iLvl variance between modes (like a Normal mode raid giving 900 gear and Heroic giving 905... Or less). It achieves the same effect.

There is also a slippery slope here that they could take for Tanks and Healers. If they start to alter the scale based on spec (which they might) then we could easily find ourselves in a game where gear has very little meaning... At least, less meaning than it has with this change.

No one ever asked for them to make the current world scale after your item level, to make gear pointless, to make it worth removing your own gear when you quest so that you'll kill things faster.
    No one ever asked for this crap.

pretty dumb decision, but easily countered just remove a high ilvl shitty itemized ring and you dont have mobs with 35% more hp that i can promise you a ring doesnt give me 35% more dps. kinda insane that we have to remove gear to be effective.

losing 3% haste sure as hell is a good trade to get mobs at 900k hp instead of 1.3 million.

But i am sure blizzard will hotfix it so the scaling cant be stopped and our killing power remain at a tolerable level by making it count shit in your bags as well tomorrow.
    Last edited by araine; 2017-03-29 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    pretty dumb decision, but easily countered just remove a high ilvl shitty itemized ring and you dont have mobs with 35% more hp that i can promise you a ring doesnt give me 35% more dps. kinda insane that we have to remove gear to be effective
    They are probably just going to make it scale to your bag ilvl to counter than in the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    If this is actually successful, I wonder how long it will take Blizzard to realize that it is FAR simpler to achieve the same effect by vastly decreasing the iLvl variance between modes (like a Normal mode raid giving 900 gear and Heroic giving 905... Or less). It achieves the same effect.

There is also a slippery slope here that they could take for Tanks and Healers. If they start to alter the scale based on spec (which they might) then we could easily find ourselves in a game where gear has very little meaning... At least, less meaning than it has with this change.
    ooooooo, this would be interesting. You'll see people complain about the small difference in "no skill lfr vs try hard mythics" but I would really like a change like this. Keeps gear from over inflating as well :P
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The question is whether or not said quests are "current content". The rewards for it seem a bit low for players of 900 ilvl - and those are the ones who have problems with sudden difficulty spikes.
    Current Content: Anything related to the Legion Expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    ooooooo, this would be interesting. You'll see people complain about the small difference in "no skill lfr vs try hard mythics" but I would really like a change like this. Keeps gear from over inflating as well :P
    Which is why they need to do a massive item squish, bring things back down to TBC levels, and then don't inflate ilvls so much between tiers of content.

I personally don't mind it but I think the biggest issue here is the lack of communication. It's not anything I am going to quit over but it is aggravating. I felt squishier last night and die a bit more because of my mongo frost pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    They finally did it, many have predicted it but its finally here, only Blizzard can break World of Warcraft, good job Blizzard, what is next Diablo? never mind you've already did that

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No one ever asked for them to make the current world scale after your item level, to make gear pointless, to make it worth removing your own gear when you quest so that you'll kill things faster.
    No one ever asked for this crap.
    removing gear is a no brainer right now losing 3% haste which does nothing and some 150k hp to stop mobs from getting inflated hitpoints by 35-40% is a no brainer