Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Here I was thinking of resubbing for 7.2...NOPE level scaling mobs are my least favorite thing in any RPG.
    I remember in Oblivion picking my main stats as ones I would level up which also causes you to level up. Everything ended up outscaling and one shotting me.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Based on their track record they have no idea what good design even is.
    They obviously do. Especially compared to WoW forum armchair devs.

Did they change the scaling to be based on your max ilvl? I'm usually around 905 but with legendary shuffling and equipping bad stat items I can get to 914.

This did nothing to change the hp of mobs. Then I swapped to some older gear and dropped to 892, mobs still at the same hp as @ 914.

So essentially if you want to play a way lower ilvl offspec you are essentially having to fight an uphill battle? Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    Did they change the scaling to be based on your max ilvl? I'm usually around 905 but with legendary shuffling and equipping bad stat items I can get to 914.

This did nothing to change the hp of mobs. Then I swapped to some older gear and dropped to 892, mobs still at the same hp as @ 914.

So essentially if you want to play a way lower ilvl offspec you are essentially having to fight an uphill battle? Lovely.
    Yes, it's based on your max bag ilvl, not equipped. They made damned sure to fix that fast enough as you could tell from their initial statement saying it was a "problem". If you've read enough dev posts you knew immediately that what they meant was the problem to be fixed was players nullifying their idiot ilvl scaling system not the stupid idea that the world gets stronger because you do.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still in disbelief they actually implemented this.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    I'm still in disbelief they actually implemented this.

I'm still in disbelief that people are too fucking stupid to see how insignificant of a change it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I'm still in disbelief that people are too fucking stupid to see how insignificant of a change it is.
    Have you done the math? You do know its possible to get an upgrade and yet become less powerful in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Have you done the math? You do know its possible to get an upgrade and yet become less powerful in the world.
    I have faith that they'll fix any discrepancies like that. Bliz KNOWS power progression is important, they're going to preserve it.

Deleted
    I have faith that they'll fix any discrepancies like that. Bliz KNOWS power progression is important, they're going to preserve it.
    That is what PTR is for

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    That is what PTR is for
    Not the way Blizzard uses it.

Why do you think mobs having 50% increased health is insignificant? It slows you down. Its a stupid step by Blizz.

They went back on their word come on blizzard would never do that.

I'm ilvl 887 nothing special and mobs seem to be about 24% stronger then before so overall I have been nerfed. Killing stuff much slower then before i thought the point of an mmo is to get stronger and own shit, guess not. Must have the greater rift dev on the team now. There is no place for scale health of mobs. Now every upgrade is basically offset that isn't how the game is suppose to be designed.

My rant and i don't care if you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Why do you think mobs having 50% increased health is insignificant? It slows you down. Its a stupid step by Blizz.
    Because killing mobs is still

faceroll as fuck

They have learned nothing from Oblivion
    Jokes aside, I hate it. I just want to get this old shit done, we've been doing that crap since fall last year, I don't see why they want us to waste even more time with it, when we finally had minimized it. It hasn't been fun for months. Give us a break :P.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-31 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    such a baddddd idea...holy shit really? I actualy like feeling powerul wearing "Deathplate Armor of the Chaos God" and one shotting wolves in the wild in contrast with wearing full greens and taking me a bit of time per mob. Like really why would they do this? There is no sense of power anymore...
    If you don't one shot wolves in the wild you are probably wearing full greens
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because killing mobs is still

faceroll as fuck
    Makes me wonder those that are complaining about this change are relying too much on their gear and maybe still don't understand their class properly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would guess that it's not an upgrade then, if swapping one piece of gear for another one makes you less powerful - it's a downgrade.
    You can argue that "it's an upgrade on 5+ minutes fight but it's a downgrade on 5+ seconds fight" which is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What's the stupidest is that they did this to solve what problem exactly?

Of people overkilling a mob with a single Chaos Bolt? Why is that a problem? It's not. Of people not being able to kill things with Chaos Bolt if there are other people around who use instants??? That's it? That's been around for years, we all learned to live with it (you just use instants as well, or, if you don't want to, you come later when people who throw around instants are done with their quests). Moreover, how does your stupid change fixes the problem? If you reduce the power difference significantly, nobody likes it because, well, they are now - significantly - weaker. And if you reduce it insignificantly, mobs are still dying before the cast of Chaos Bolt completes. What makes you think you can even find a middle ground here??? You have been failing at finding middle grounds for years, you end up pissing both sides.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. The idiot who came with the idea is, well, stupid. It takes all but 3 minutes to pepper this idea full of holes. Of course, it failed, how could it not.

I don't know. I haven't bought Legion due to similar reasons (xpack is way too MOBAish), so this feature doesn't bother me, at least now. I don't think, feature itself is bad. What I think about - is whether it's appropriate for actual endgame content or not?

I.e. I really want to return to old xpacks and finish some stuff, I skipped in the past. For example some of my characters are leveled via 5ppls, cuz leveling character via quests only - is a little bit boring and sometimes you just want to experience some true MMO stuff. And you just can't interleave leveling via quests with leveling via 5ppls - locations obsolete way too fast, when you do 5ppls, cuz one 5ppl run = 1-2 levels. That's why I usually tend to level 2 characters at once - one via quests and one via 5ppls.

But I don't think scaling is appropriate for current actual endgame content, cuz it kills all sense of progression and turns game into MOBA. Same as with CRZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoenova View Post
    They went back on their word come on blizzard would never do that.
    Blizzard also promised no CRZ in actual content. And many other things, like fair personal loot forever. And what now? CRZ is here. Need before greed with auto need pressing and ability to give loot to other players are here.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What's the stupidest is that they did this to solve what problem exactly?
    They are trying to solve the ilvl hyperinflation problem. They just have many difficulty modes with their own gear and forced move to the next tier in every patch. It's the same reason they had to do the ilvl squish.

It's a hack to try to patch over the symptoms. What they really need to do is to address the cause, which is that the fundamental game design of WoW just cannot cope with this number of difficulty levels and forced progression pace.