Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Is there something official about subs dropping off or is this more of a "feels" situation?
    Honestly, I've seen more people coming back than leaving, anecdotal evidence goes both ways. Patch wasn't rushed regardless, every time there's unforeseen bugs that pop up after live release people jump on the "RUSHED" bandwagon instead of the, "programming is a fickle mistress that can fuck you over without you knowing" bandwagon.

Deleted
    This patch was so rushed, it isnt even funny anymore. And what for? An empty island with nothing to do, broken bosses for several days, untested class features (Shaman summons), untested world features (ilvl scaling) and lots of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I just can't understand why people would listen to that troll after all these years. All he does is releases controversial videos/opinions to get clicks. People still fall for it?
    He's entertaining, he gives good practical advice, his production values are good, he doesn't talk down to you, he strikes one as upbeat while not being completely wired like many youtubers and streamers.

Not sure where you are getting controversial out of it either. Most of his opinions boil down to "relax, the sky isn't falling." Compare that to any of the forums here and he's pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Well they usually avoid testing the last boss in order to make it more challenging in the race. Otherwise the strats would be out on live day one. But they usually have somebody watching the fight to make quick changes and fixes.
    I get that but they obviously have internal testing. Did seriously nobody stop and think "Gee all of the top guilds are doing this... maybe we should make sure that thing that they're doing doesn't glitch out the fight"

Deleted
    Is there something official about subs dropping off or is this more of a "feels" situation?
    The signs are obvious and everywhere. Of course someone who enjoys the game doesn't even think about noticing the signs, nor even want to see them.

Deleted
    I agree. Buggiest patch in a while (thinking since 4.1?). It is obvious they rushed it to be out in March to boost Q1 sub numbers for shareholder reports.

Edit: characters not accessible for hours in some realms...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    He's entertaining, he gives good practical advice, his production values are good, he doesn't talk down to you, he strikes one as upbeat while not being completely wired like many youtubers and streamers.

Not sure where you are getting controversial out of it either. Most of his opinions boil down to "relax, the sky isn't falling." Compare that to any of the forums here and he's pretty reasonable.
    He's a known click-baiter. Always picks up a semi-controversial state and goes on a rant about it.
    Why do you think Blizzard never invites him to their streamer/youtuber events? It's because he's constantly negative and makes huge issues about things that are not really issues in the first place.

In short, he's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This patch was so rushed, it isnt even funny anymore. And what for? An empty island with nothing to do, broken bosses for several days, untested class features (Shaman summons), untested world features (ilvl scaling) and lots of frustration.
    Alt catchup, new dungeon, dungeon revamp, pet battle dungeon, new Artifact traits, new class campaigns (the start of all of them anyway). On top of that the ilvl scaling was on PTR... people just didn't notice, just like most sane people didn't notice on 7.2 release. I can't speak on the shaman summons but it seems intentional though they could have mentioned it sooner, we did have a ninja pull cause our ele shaman didn't know.

Also, I spend a few hours every day on that "empty island" world quests, rare elites and now sentinax faming, not so empty.

Never trust a guy with a Trump picture

Quote Originally Posted by Progressiv View Post
    Never trust a guy with a Trump picture
    Personally I never trust anyone :P that's how you get syphilis

10+ Year Old Account
    because people just use the PTR to play new patches early instead of reporting / searching bugs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Alt catchup, new dungeon, dungeon revamp, pet battle dungeon, new Artifact traits, new class campaigns (the start of all of them anyway). On top of that the ilvl scaling was on PTR... people just didn't notice, just like most sane people didn't notice on 7.2 release. I can't speak on the shaman summons but it seems intentional though they could have mentioned it sooner, we did have a ninja pull cause our ele shaman didn't know.

Also, I spend a few hours every day on that "empty island" world quests, rare elites and now sentinax faming, not so empty.
    And what you do as geared main on that island? It has no purpose, no meta achievement or rare mount/pet/toy drops to farm like in the previous iterations. I simply have no reason to visit the place beyond WQs and the time gated quests which pop up sometimes. Class campaigns are gated and will be for the next 2 weeks. New artifact traits are hardly new content, its just a continuation of the carrot-on-a-stick approach Blizzard is afraid of changing yet. I finished the pet battle dungeon on hardmode on the first day, without "wipes" - first try. There's no revamped dungeon, maybe you should look what this term means. And the new dungeon was also finished on the first day - beyond that, it doesnt even have good loot for my spec. And please stop protecting undocumentated changes, which Blizzard sweared to stop doing 3 months ago themselves. They themselves said no feedback came, which was disproven the second their blue post went live.

This said, 7.2 is rushed and too much content is time gated. If this is their new approach to content patches, then there's no reason to play at all.

I can't speak for Legion, or even WoD, but I know that from Wrath up through MoP there was a considerable amount of feedback provided from the PTR and often glaring issues were ignored until those issues went live.
    there were always massive issues even in vanilla and tbc, most of which took months to be fixed and new patches had to be downloaded, lets be thankful we have hotfixes at almost daily basis after the patch. I remember the rogue poison bug, that went through tbc beta, where the level of the poison was based on ilevel of weapon instead of char level, thus was pretty much undispellable by 70lev chars, when weapons had 100+ ilevel... and that took months to be fixed for some reason (even tho at the same time, earthbind bug, where the initial tick brought people from stealth, got its own patch in like 2 or 3 weeks...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's never been much participation on the PTR. Why? Because there's no reason. And until Blizzard gives players a good reason to participate in them, they'll remain fairly uneventful. In its current iteration, it exists as a way for players who are not currently subscribed to play WoW.
    And some of the people who are most motivated to find bugs are motivated so they can find the bugs, keep them to themselves and then exploit them on live before the get patched...

And what you do as geared main on that island? It has no purpose, no meta achievement or rare mount/pet/toy drops to farm like in the previous iterations. I simply have no reason to visit the place beyond WQs and the time gated quests which pop up sometimes. Class campaigns are gated and will be for the next 2 weeks. New artifact traits are hardly new content, its just a continuation of the carrot-on-a-stick approach Blizzard is afraid of changing yet. I finished the pet battle dungeon on hardmode on the first day, without "wipes" - first try. There's no revamped dungeon, maybe you should look what this term means. And the new dungeon was also finished on the first day - beyond that, it doesnt even have good loot for my spec. And please stop protecting undocumentated changes, which Blizzard sweared to stop doing 3 months ago themselves. They themselves said no feedback came, which was disproven the second their blue post went live.

This said, 7.2 is rushed and too much content is time gated. If this is their new approach to content patches, then there's no reason to play at all.
    You act like they haven't always time gated, they've had just as much gating since at least tbc. And by dungeon revamp I mean difficulty shift, it's a great thing in my eyes.

I've been farming legion supplies off the rares for rep and getting nethershards for the new toys and shit, spending excess on maybe getting a legendary from the relinquished gear and anticipating the 2500 needed for an upcoming quest. Just because you don't see usefulness in something doesn't mean that no one else does.

Stop trying top bring everyone who enjoys the current game down.

Oh, and I'd be happy with even harsher ilvl scaling.

Raging at them for fixing shit. Are you for real OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You act like they haven't always time gated, they've had just as much gating since at least tbc. And by dungeon revamp I mean difficulty shift, it's a great thing in my eyes.

I've been farming legion supplies off the rares for rep and getting nethershards for the new toys and shit, spending excess on maybe getting a legendary from the relinquished gear and anticipating the 2500 needed for an upcoming quest. Just because you don't see usefulness in something doesn't mean that no one else does.

Stop trying top bring everyone who enjoys the current game down.

Oh, and I'd be happy with even harsher ilvl scaling.
    Oh the thing with the dungeons with should be in since day 1 of Legion? This is not a dungeon revamp. And no, things havent been so excessivly time gated as in Legion, NEVER. There was some minor time gating, but not to this level that you log in day 1 and just have 1-2 hrs of fresh new content to perticipate in. Toys and the things you'd usually get off rare mobs on the other versions of Broken Shore are also locked behind rep and Nethershards this time. You failed to explain what a geared main can do on Broken Shore. Like I said, there's no meta to work for (be it like the IoT one, or a mad one like on TI), rare mobs have no purpose beyond dropping more Nethershards, which you've no use for as a main.

And if you're getting down by reading some hard facts about the current patch, then you probably should avoid reading forums at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    How dare they fix problems in a timely manner!
    To be fair, it should be fixed befor it leaves the PTR.

Stop defending this shit with "how dare they fix bugs, hurr durr!" and stupid comments like that. This patch is a massive internal failure from their QA department and in any other business, heads would have rolled... shape the f* up blizzard, it's still a commercial product you have here and there is NO reason for this kind of failure in testing the most basic shit out. 95% of the bugs WE found should never hit the street if you have SOME kind of quality assurance in your company, period!

I totally agree with OP and for the ones that dont, wait until you start working in a competitive environment and you'll see how shitty blizzard handled this!

Oh the thing with the dungeons with should be in since day 1 of Legion? This is not a dungeon revamp. And no, things havent been so excessivly time gated as in Legion, NEVER. There was some minor time gating, but not to this level that you log in day 1 and just have 1-2 hrs of fresh new content to perticipate in. Toys and the things you'd usually get off rare mobs on the other versions of Broken Shore are also locked behind rep and Nethershards this time. You failed to explain what a geared main can do on Broken Shore. Like I said, there's no meta to work for (be it like the IoT one, or a mad one like on TI), rare mobs have no purpose beyond dropping more Nethershards, which you've no use for as a main.

And if you're getting down by reading some hard facts about the current patch, then you probably should avoid reading forums at all.
    Nice picking and choosing what to respond to. I clearly stated that I farm the rares for supplies, and supplies are turned in for rep, so therefore rares equal rep. And I stated my use for shards but you chose to ignore it, you just want your point of view to be true when it's not.

How soon we forget isle of queldanas gating, even the raid was gated. Or the two months icc was gated before you could even do heroic. Yea, I'll take this gating over that.