Thread: Sacrifice 7.2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Exactly, I can't imagine anyone playing a Demon Hunter who knows what Altruis did, and still would pick him. And to top it off, right after getting freed, Kayn is willing to work with the Wardens, while Altruis is pissed that he got locked up too.

The problem with this new lore that illidan wasn't really a bad guy, is the dialogue and what we know of at the time. The Naaru even led the assault on his black temple. His forces attacked Shattrath, enslaved the broken, allied with demons, enslaved dragons and was harnessing the souls of the Black Temple. And to top it off, when we first meet the guy, he doesnt say "You fools are ruining everything" he basically bad guy monologues and we kill him. His downfall, his lack of communication played huge part.
    And not just that, but like, if they have a problem with enslaving people and forcing unpleasant factions (the fel orcs) into servitude against an insurmountable enemy, they really should go be paladins, not demon hunters. They're in the wrong line of work. Surprised Altruis was willing to subject himself to something so morally reprehensible as using fel power with a demon soul inside him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    And not just that, but like, if they have a problem with enslaving people and forcing unpleasant factions (the fel orcs) into servitude against an insurmountable enemy, they really should go be paladins, not demon hunters. They're in the wrong line of work. Surprised Altruis was willing to subject himself to something so morally reprehensible as using fel power with a demon soul inside him.
    I look at Atlruis and with that little bit of RP in the back of my mind, I think... this motherfucker who was Illidari, goes to the 'heroes' and tells them how Illidan and his illidari are evil. Gets them to kill a bunch of Illidari, including Varedis. As a demon hunter, Varedis' fate makes me hate Altruis with a passion even more.

My wish list for the end of Legion:
    Bring back Arthas
    Bring back Medivh
    Bring back Garithos
    Kill Sylvanas (I've stopped counting. Plot armour is too strong)
    Kill Illidan (again)
    Kill Khadgar
    Kill Maiev
    Kill Bolvar
    Bring back Tirion and kill him again

What have you given?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-04-02 at 02:23 AM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The overuse of sacrifice and preparedness has reached ridiculous heights lol
    Need some new lines, like: "I've prepared everything, what have you?" and "You are not sacrificed!" oh and maybe "My life is prepared to sacrifice the Burning Legion." Oh ye and "Lord Prepared sacrifices the way." Yeah, that'll do.

I'd rather he remains the anti-hero that he was; this savior BS is too nauseating for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vraul Jawrip View Post
    What have YOU given?
    Tirion's life...

What have YOU given?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bring back Arthas
    Bring back Medivh
    Bring back Garithos
    Kill Illidan (again)
    Kill Khadgar
    Kill Maiev
    Kill Bolvar

What have you given?
    My wish for the End of legion:

Torture, Fuck, And Kill Sylvanas

Kill Illidan

Torture Malfurion, while fucking his Wife infront of his Princess Peach Looking ass

Praise Anduin for becoming a badass

Give Khadgar some Chocolates and Flowers so he could give them to his Crush

Go back to Draenor, and grab some warm milk, eat some cookies, celebrate my Bday there, AND BLOW IT THE FUCK UP....

Oh, and I'd like to Hook up Illidan with Maiev, While Fucking jains infront of Kalec's Power ass

Oh, and I'd like to slap Wrathion in the face, and tell him this: "Legion threat? WHAT'S THAT?! DEAD? OK"

I'd also like to Bed Alexstrazsa, and Rezz Vol'jin"

We good?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Need some new lines, like: "I've prepared everything, what have you?" and "You are not sacrificed!" oh and maybe "My life is prepared to sacrifice the Burning Legion." Oh ye and "Lord Prepared sacrifices the way." Yeah, that'll do.
    Illidan ... I pray that this, the final plea of the Army of the Illidan has reached you intact. The thousand years' Illidan has reached its peak, but the Illidan is far from over. This Illidan represents our ultimate sacrifice. It must reach the Illidan. He ... is the Illidan. None of us asked for this illidan, but it is what Illdan has deemed. Succeed, and the Illidan may yet endure. Fail, and all Illidans ... will burn.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-02 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bring back Arthas
    Bring back Medivh
    Bring back Garithos
    Kill Illidan (again)
    Kill Khadgar
    Kill Maiev
    Kill Bolvar

What have you given?
    Can we kill Anduin while we're at it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can we kill Anduin while we're at it?
    no my friend
    if we gonna kill someone
    it's MALF and his **** wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

illidan is a virgin? come on im sure he banged those concubines in the black temple

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    hmm i dont know man, been infused with fel energy for the rest of your life just to kill the legion is pretty big sacrifice. Once the legion is gone everyone will turn on the demon hunters to kill them, lol ironic isn't it. You can say the undead made even bigger sacrifice but they didnt chose this life, you can say that you fought all those bosses to save azeroth but you know your future, you know that when all evil is gone you will live in peace, they wont. The only other bigger than the dhs are the shadow priests, because void lords duh. So yeah illidan and the dhs sacrificed their future so that the rest can have one, here to hoping that if he turns to the light he will be as cool as when he was fel infused
    Hm i don´t know i´m a warlock and i also willingly choose to taint myself with fel energy to protect/get power (and thus protect azeroth) so i also gave up many many things.
    And i was there and defeated all the things which came befor elegion so i have more sacrifices on my counting lst than any fucking demon hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fabersoul View Post
    illidan is a virgin? come on im sure he banged those concubines in the black temple
    i thought he banged lady vashj
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

i'd bang her, but the one i wanna bang the most is sylvanas hands down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I look at Atlruis and with that little bit of RP in the back of my mind, I think... this motherfucker who was Illidari, goes to the 'heroes' and tells them how Illidan and his illidari are evil. Gets them to kill a bunch of Illidari, including Varedis. As a demon hunter, Varedis' fate makes me hate Altruis with a passion even more.
    Where do you get that Altruis says the Illidari is evil? Why would he rejoin the Illidari, if he considers them evil? All he ever says is that Illidan has lost his focus on the Legion, and that he wants different leadership for the Illidari. Which they get when you start a DH, as it is you.

How do you think he was recruited? Illidan talks of sacrifice constantly, and the idea of the Illidari is to embrace the power of the demons to kill demons. All we know of what Illidan did while at the Black Temple was to deal with the Nathrezim home world. So during the entire time from when Illidan goes to Outland and the portal is reopened, he attacks one Legion planet. In the meantime, he has attempted to enslave any beings in Outland who did not align with him for their own reasons (like Kael and Vashj). He also captured one of the most significant kinds of demons, but instead of destroying it or absorbing the power he is using the blood to create an army of Fel infused orcs that are never utilized as part of his assaults on the Legion.

So yeah, I picked Altruis. Kayn has the classic voiceline of "Lord Illidan knows the way." and "Trust in Lord Illidan's plan." while Altruis says "Don't follow anyone blindly. Think for yourself." and when recruiting Altruis,
    I honestly think Illidan would have liked Altruis more than Kayn as a person, as Kayn is a blind loyalist and thus is easier to use.
    When you pick Altruis, you get akama to join the Illidari for real, whereas with Kayn you only recruit his shade which is said to be all his wickedness and evil.
    So if Illidan was okay with enslaving stuff to win, he should've joined Arthas way back and just converted every living being on the planet to scourge. One army of entirely disposable beings serving one King. Its basically exactly what he tried in Outland anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Haha I like Illidan and all but I don't understand why they keep pushing this you were ignorant & killed your own salvation argument in people's faces and expect he'll still be popular enough to carry the narative of the Legion. They should've watered it down a bit so people can recover a little from Xer'a questline and don't switch from liking him to hating him.

I hope Blizz knows what it's doing with him cuz I actually like the character and don't wanna see him end up like Thrall. #SaveIlly
    Honestly I liked the narrative of him being an asshole for good reasons, they ruined it with the whole child of light bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Randyboob View Post
    Where do you get that Altruis says the Illidari is evil? Why would he rejoin the Illidari, if he considers them evil? All he ever says is that Illidan has lost his focus on the Legion, and that he wants different leadership for the Illidari. Which they get when you start a DH, as it is you.
    It'd be even worse if he didn't consider the Illidari evil, as that would mean he intentionally asked the adventurers (us) to murder his ex-friends and comrades who were working against the Legion just because he disagreed with the leaders. The result, now that we know the full picture, is disastrous (Kil'Jaeden / the Legion stay around for some more years causing more destruction to the multiverse and some) but I guess it wouldn't be fair for him to say it was his responsibility as Altruis probably couldn't see that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Randyboob View Post
    So yeah, I picked Altruis. Kayn has the classic voiceline of "Lord Illidan knows the way." and "Trust in Lord Illidan's plan." while Altruis says "Don't follow anyone blindly. Think for yourself." and when recruiting Altruis, I honestly think Illidan would have liked Altruis more than Kayn as a person, as Kayn is a blind loyalist and thus is easier to use.
    When you pick Altruis, you get akama to join the Illidari for real, whereas with Kayn you only recruit his shade which is said to be all his wickedness and evil.
    So if Illidan was okay with enslaving stuff to win, he should've joined Arthas way back and just converted every living being on the planet to scourge. One army of entirely disposable beings serving one King. Its basically exactly what he tried in Outland anyway.
    If only Altruis' message was that good. However, what he showed in the Vault of the Warden and Outland (with the new background knowledge we have) made it sounds more like "Don't trust anyone. Whatever you think is correct". Outland stuffs asides (since it might not be fair to judge him based on his mistakes years ago when the story might not be going the same direction as it is), the guy refused to trust the Wardens, threatened us when / if we decided to go with Kayn and refused to work with us even with the Legion already started invading Azeroth (which means cooperation is more needed than ever). That doesn't imply something as nice as "Don't follow anyone blindly. Think for yourself"

Additionally, there is a difference between having no issue with enslaving people to win, and going with murdering them as the first option. If that was the only option - and a viable one, Illidan might (or might not) have gone for it . However, that wasn't. Illidan, in his own twisted way, still care a tiny bit for Azeroth - or he wouldn't have saved our force at the Dark Portal.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It'd be even worse if he didn't consider the Illidari evil, as that would mean he intentionally asked the adventurers (us) to murder his ex-friends and comrades who were working against the Legion just because he disagreed with the leaders.
    Altruis guided you to find the artifact needed to kill Varedis and told you about him, but the quest to kill him was not from Altruis. The quests Altruis offers result in the death of a single illidari, who is a dreadlord.

I dont judge a demon hunter for leaving a faction that accepts demons to their ranks, nor for killing that or any other demon (the dreadlord was even killed by Illidan himself during WoTA)

To be fair the essence of being a demon hunter is supposedly self-sacrifice not sacrificing others. There is a difference between sacrificing your own soul and humanity (elfhood?) by using fel power and taking in a demon soul, and then using that power to enslave and corrupt good-aligned races (Maghar Orcs and Shamanistic Broken). Of course a true Illidari would argue that such evils are necessary to destroy the Legion so there is no problem, but its entirely conceivable that a demon hunter like Altruis might think "hold on I corrupted my soul to save others from having to suffer the same fate, not to force corruption on them- maybe Illidan has lost his way". Far from being paladin-like that kind of attitude actually seems more in keeping with the whole demon-hunter schtick of "we sacrifice everything so others don't have to" line than the Illidari, whose motto should really be "We forced the innocents of Outland to sacrifice everything to stop the Legion, who have you enslaved and corrupted?".

One of the few things I don't like about the Legion is over the top redemption of Illidan and how I am "guilty". No. Just no.

Deleted
    They are portraying Illidan as too edgy. Being banished so many times and death should have taught him to play nice with other people.