10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yes, and? Hide, wait until he stops making noise, he starts casting an AOE curse ability, move to the next cover. Once you get the hang of it, it stops being a problem.
    ...I've long since gotten past that part. You're preaching to the choir. I know how to do it, I just found it frustrating and not particularly engaging in anyway.

Did ether of the DLC's fix the issue with farming the items for the covenants? Would love to platinum the game but don't want to spend 20hours farming knights.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Did ether of the DLC's fix the issue with farming the items for the covenants? Would love to platinum the game but don't want to spend 20hours farming knights.
    There's a +3 version of the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring. Other than that no. Not sure whether they fixed it in a patch or not though.

I'm sorry for wasting my time trying to help you out then, I'll keep that in mind next time you start whining that you are not fond of the dlc cuz you are getting fucked over in whatever part. Best of luck mate ~
    Someone's being extra salty today. He's not whining jeez, he's simply stating an opinion that he doesn't like the Angels going pew pew before we can do anything about them (I don't like that part either). Once he got past that part he's liking it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    is gwyn stealing lordship from the furtive pygmy in that statue? I always headcanoned that the curse of hallowing was more than just the fire fading. Maybe its all explained, my knowledge of Dark souls lore isn't that vast.
    I was curious about that statue as well. I guess we will find answers later at the end of the DLC.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-03-30 at 02:14 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry for wasting my time trying to help you out then, I'll keep that in mind next time you start whining that you are not fond of the dlc cuz you are getting fucked over in whatever part. Best of luck mate ~
    I mean I didn't ask for help. I was merely voicing a complaint against the DLC. I thought you were trying dismiss my complaint by insinuating that I just didn't know how to do it. I was letting you know that I'm aware of how to tackle it and have already beaten that part. I just didn't find it enjoyable.

Sorry you wasted your time, but your help was unsolicited so that's not my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There's a +3 version of the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring. Other than that no. Not sure whether they fixed it in a patch or not though.
    Thx for the info that makes me sad

Ill reinstall and play the DLC sometime soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Done. Really good DLC despite its lore shortcomings (unless there's some uber hidden implications, waiting for the Vaati video any day now), probably the hardest piece of Dark Souls content. On the same level as Artorias and Crown of the Iron King. Only thing that irritated me was the camera lock-on during the Midir fight, everything else was stellar. I even thought that the Angels and the Giants were ok, they are fresh wares in the Souls universe to satiate our pain fetish.

Oh and the Splitleaf Great""""""""""""""""""sword"""""""""""""""""" you can buy early on from the hag is pretty much Dark Souls 1 Black Knight Halberd v2.0, and that was objectively the best weapon in the whole game. The reach, speed, moveset and damage make it a top tier choice. Just saying, if anyone is on the verge of starting anew.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-03-30 at 08:25 PM.

Edited: Finally, just managed to kill every boss in the bloody dlc >.< Lil tip for any pyros going against the freaking dragon, Pestilent Mercury + Izalith Staff, it's a pretty cheesy way to kill it, but it works.
    Shit my main is a pyro, is this DLC harsh against fire? Maybe I should try a faith build for the lightning arrow.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Is the darknoob sword still good? I used it with a quality build for the main game but read it's been nerfed slot. I haven't played any of the dlc yet but I want to come back now that there's 2 dlc and I'm wondering if I should respec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally beat the DLC. Overall I'd say it's solid but not nearly up to the quality of Artorias of the Abyss or The Old Hunters like people have been saying. First boss is decent but nothing spectacular, second boss is infuriating, optional boss is good but not quite up there with Kalameet I'd say, and the final boss is spectacular in design, but for whatever reason I found him to be very easy.

Combined with the frustrating angel and archer parts and I'd say this DLC is solidly above the Dark Souls 2 DLC but definitely not up there with AoA or Old Hunters.

The weapons are pretty dope though and the Ringed Knight set is badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Is the darknoob sword still good? I used it with a quality build for the main game but read it's been nerfed slot. I haven't played any of the dlc yet but I want to come back now that there's 2 dlc and I'm wondering if I should respec.
    Is ok for pvp and the moveset is great but there are other weapons that actually do twice the dps. Sellsword twinblades is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Is ok for pvp and the moveset is great but there are other weapons that actually do twice the dps. Sellsword twinblades is an example.
    Thanks. I like the straight sword move set a lot and I plan on just jumping back in to play the dlc so I don't want to change too much if I don't have to. It's been months though so I'm probably in for a rough start before I get used to it again. Just seems so slow after Nioh.

Anri's straight sword still good? I put off doing the Ashes DLC, as I couldn't really get too far with my luck/anri, what's the new OP pve setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Anri's straight sword still good? I put off doing the Ashes DLC, as I couldn't really get too far with my luck/anri, what's the new OP pve setup?
    Sellsword twinblades and Splitleaf greatsword seem to be the 2 strongest weapons.

PVP Weapon Tier List updated with Ringed City DLC (taken from DS3 Reddit): https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/...new_tier_list/

But as always with these tier lists there is plenty of contention.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    This dragon fight is fucking awful. I'm either gonna give it a pass or just cheese it with the wolf knight sword. I don't know yet. I'm not a quality or dex user. There's nothing I really want from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still holding off on getting the dlc for this game. It's not a fun game. It's just Bloodborne with a dark souls coat of paint on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the DLC this weekend. I agree with Mister Cheese, and I did not beat the Dragon because I honestly saw what I would have to do and did not feel like fighting it. If the Dragon had been involved in the story more, or I actually cared about it then maybe...but fighting a big dragon by slashing at its toes isn't super fun to me (especially after other games have done dragon fights in a much more interesting way).

The final boss was pretty fun though. It did remind me a lot of a Bloodborne boss, especially in Phase 1. I heard that they based the fighting style on Guts in his Berserk Armor, which is a pretty cool final homage...although the final fight of the last DLC didn't do much for answering any questions or closing any lore loops. The only thing you get is a couple of lines of dialogue regarding an event you already knew was happening. So I'm not sure what the point was...with Ashes of Ariandel at least you were ending the forced stagnation of the Painted World and letting fire burn away the corruption. With the Ringed City you are...getting painting supplies? =/

Anyways, the level design was awesome and the progression was great. This had, for me, the hardest Dark Souls DLC areas in the series (very close with DS2's). The one area between the 2nd and 3rd bonfire cause me A LOT of headache in the start. And the hidden areas were pretty cool. The Lapp storyline was lame imo.

Overall, if someone was on the fence about this DLC then I would recommend a pass. Outside of new weapons there is not much point in this DLC. Maybe I missed something and its just me though.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    Just returned to the game, not interested in pvp. But is tank builds good for pve? I remember in Dark souls 1 and 2 i just put up shield and became indestructible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I finished the DLC this weekend. I agree with Mister Cheese, and I did not beat the Dragon because I honestly saw what I would have to do and did not feel like fighting it. If the Dragon had been involved in the story more, or I actually cared about it then maybe...but fighting a big dragon by slashing at its toes isn't super fun to me (especially after other games have done dragon fights in a much more interesting way).

The final boss was pretty fun though. It did remind me a lot of a Bloodborne boss, especially in Phase 1. I heard that they based the fighting style on Guts in his Berserk Armor, which is a pretty cool final homage...although the final fight of the last DLC didn't do much for answering any questions or closing any lore loops. The only thing you get is a couple of lines of dialogue regarding an event you already knew was happening. So I'm not sure what the point was...with Ashes of Ariandel at least you were ending the forced stagnation of the Painted World and letting fire burn away the corruption. With the Ringed City you are...getting painting supplies? =/

Anyways, the level design was awesome and the progression was great. This had, for me, the hardest Dark Souls DLC areas in the series (very close with DS2's). The one area between the 2nd and 3rd bonfire cause me A LOT of headache in the start. And the hidden areas were pretty cool. The Lapp storyline was lame imo.

Overall, if someone was on the fence about this DLC then I would recommend a pass. Outside of new weapons there is not much point in this DLC. Maybe I missed something and its just me though.
    You're supposed to attack its head. Not its legs. I mean you could but it would take forever. It's a solid fight overall, you're missing out by not doing it.