Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    My motto is "Never give Blizzard any real life money."

I have tons of gold.
    I converted them to Game Time and Battle.net balance.

But I don't plan to farm more gold.
    lol

Someone bought the token for $20 that you are buying with gold. So you are, in effect, paying Blizz $20 a month in lieu of $15. Blizz could care less if it comes from your pocketbook or someone else's pocketbook, but since you are paying the gold for the token, you are as culpable for the $20 going to Blizz as the person buying the token.

It's not a bad rep grind at all for revered. I'm already into honored and the invasions that start Tuesday give 1500 rep.

As many others, I'm already at around 2k/12k, thats 8k rep already done with 10k remaining for revered. And its not like I farmed all day for that or anything.
    With invasions starting next week, I'll be flying by the weekend.

You can call all sorts of a thing a grind, but this really is/was rather relaxed.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    There is still a lot of locked and/or gated quests, WQ, items, assaults/invasions, and such. Give it time and be patient.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Well Legion showed promise.. then they went with everyone should have everything again.. no point in grinding that cause I can be 100% sure theres gonna be some lame catch up mechanic to buy/get the rep to exalted in a week or less.

I'm interested in whether the Legion will invade each zone next week or if even that is gated. We need to to defeat a Legion invasion in each zone before we can fly...

I'm already honored on two characters and it hasn't been out for a week.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    I'm interested in whether the Legion will invade each zone next week or if even that is gated. We need to to defeat a Legion invasion in each zone before we can fly...
    It's not gated. They already said they expect players to have flying within 2 weeks of patch release.

I dont get whats the problem... You want rep? Grind. Don't want it? Don't grind. During PTR it was time for complaining about stuff like this.

Yeah I dunno, I'm 200 rep away from revered and I haven't done more than (mostly) keep up with the daily quests and kill a few of the rare spawns. Not sure what the hurry is; you can't get flying til you do all the invasions anyway, and beyond revered there's pretty much dick all to get from the rep unless you're a toy or tabard collector.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honored already and we don't even have access to invasions yet. It's pretty fast.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

How are people almost revered already? I'm barely honored on two characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Read that statement again. Very carefully. If you are giving them money, but it's not from your pocket, you aren't giving them money. SOMEONE ELSE IS
    He said he doesn't want to give Blizzard any money.
    So his statement was right.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    How are people almost revered already? I'm barely honored on two characters.
    Lying or exploit.

But I want it now! Veruca Salt:
    Gooses! Geeses!
    I want my geese to lay gold eggs for Easter

Mr. Salt:
    It will, sweetheart

Veruca:
    At least a hundred a day

Mr.Salt:
    Anything you say

Veruca:
    And by the way

Mr. Salt:
    What?

Veruca:
    I want a feast.

Mr. Salt:
    You ate before you came to the factory

Veruca:
    I want a bean feast!

Mr. Salt:
    Oh, one of those

Veruca:
    Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts
    So good you could go nuts

Mr. Salt:
    You can have all those things when you get home

Veruca:
    No, now!!

I want a ball
    I want a party
    Pink macaroons and a million balloons
    And performing baboons and ...
    Give it to me
    Rrhh rhhh
    Now!

I want the world
    I want the whole world
    I want to lock it all up in my pocket
    It's my bar of chocolate
    Give it to me
    Now!

I want today
    I want tomorrow
    I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
    And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
    Ten thousand tons of ice cream
    And if I don't get the things I am after
    I'm going to scream!

I want the works
    I want the whole works
    Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
    Of all shapes and sizes
    And now
    Don't care how
    I want it now
    Don't care how
    I want it now

Oompa Loompas:
    Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
    I've got another puzzle for you
    Oompa Loompa doompadah dee
    If you are wise you will listen to me

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat
    Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat?
    Blaming the kids is a lion of shame
    You know exactly who's to blame:
    The mother and the father!

Oompa Loompa doompadee dah
    If you're not spoiled then you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee do

[Thanks to ChainsawKarate@aol.com for lyrics]
    Soundtrack Lyrics - www.stlyrics.com W Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory I Want It Now/Oompa Loompa Lyrics

7+ Year Old Account
    How often do the invasions pop? One a day?
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    So it is a win-win then! You don't give them -your- money, and they still get 5 dollars more then they would have normally gotten with a sub. If it is padding then it looks like it is truly working!
    Frankly as long as it's not /my/ 15/20$. That's the principle of it all really. Someone was going to spend money on WoW token anyway. Why not take advantage of their "generosity"?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    I don't know if Legionfall has an emissary daily, but this is obviously Blizzards way of trying to keep people subscribed. Release content and time-gate the hell out of it. Essentially forcing people to pay a minimum of $30 in order to complete the quest chain.
    This is pure stupidity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    May I ask how, assuming there must be some rep gains outside of the story quests and the world quests that I have missed as I'm human, got darkmoon faire buff today and I'm only 5750/6000 after doing every world quest available including pet battles, only thing I know I've missed are the tokens as I've been unlucky, but I doubt you would have gotten 11 rep tokens already.
    I have gotten 10 tokens actually. I've also opened a ton of tongue chests and killed many rares. Plus I used the DMF buff on the tokens which gave me an extra 150 reputation.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I dont get whats the problem... You want rep? Grind. Don't want it? Don't grind. During PTR it was time for complaining about stuff like this.
    The new cool thing to complain about is grinding or time gating. Those are the new words the complainers have latched onto for now. Expect 5-10 threads daily about grinding or timegating to follow the trend. Personally i dont see any of this grinding everyones raving about. I just play.normally and ive been fine. I didnt hit max artifact traits but i got close just playing normallym i havent even done a +10 keystone on my main yet. So im not seeing this horrific grind thats complained about nonstop. The gating has some merit but I dont consider it that big of a deal. I wish the buildings constructed faster though. Thats my biggest gripe.