Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why are people complaining about the removal of Invasion requirements?

For flying achievement?

I agree it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, surely a better solution would've to make the invasion timers identical to the previous Legion Invasions like everybody expected so nobody misses it BUT I don't understand why people are complaining about those unhappy with the Invasions... Invasions was a core feature of 7.2 and Blizzards choice of timing is inexcusable (EU apparently was 3am-8am today) so something obviously needed to happen

Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain. It might sound like a good thing but considering 99% of players ideas i see on this site are completely retarded (sorry for using that word) I'd prefer them not to cave in every single time.

because simply put you cant make everyone happy.

because they could have made them more frequent instead, giving us more to do.

this just shows they don't want to give us things to do, they want us sitting and doing nothing apparently. i have no fucking idea why either, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain. It might sound like a good thing but considering 99% of players ideas i see on this site are completely retarded (sorry for using that word) I'd prefer them not to cave in every single time.
    People didn't want them removed though, they wanted them to be accessible reliably by people not able log on at 4 am or during the work day. Yes they know eventually they will happen when they are on but its a shit system. The decision to remove them from the achievement is less giving into player demand and more Blizzard refusing to admit their system is trash.

Because its simply stupid to remove it, why can they not use the pre legion patch invasion way? Its a knee jerk fix to something they are too dumb to think past to tfix.

Deleted
    It doesn't fix the problem of their ridiculous times of popping up. It just removes a problem of their long term frequency affecting something else.

Deleted
    Actually I probably didn't make myself too clear, I was more thinking "Why are people blaming other players over this"

They do not reward reputation for legionfall though. The very first one does - once.

I recognize some of the names were complaining that you had to do them..... not all... but yeah...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    They do not reward reputation for legionfall though. The very first one does - once.
    It's weekly though

Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain.
    Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if it starts to lose subs.

Corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the timing of the invasions is perfectly fine. The burning legion is a constant threat so it makes sense that they can invade us at any time, catching us off-guard. The actual rewards from the invasions aren't mandatory, making it perfectly fine for a person to miss an invasion. It would appear that so much of the uproar from the community about the timing of the invasions draws from some perceived need to complete EVERY invasion and never miss a single thing ever. Obviously the requirements to complete an invasion in each zone precipitated this to some degree, but I think the real culprit is a "must do everything" mindset that many players have. This xpac has really shown how alive and dynamic the world can be, and in an ever changing world, it's impossible to experience every single event that occurs (much like the real world). My advice is to enjoy the world at your own pace and find your own experiences. After all, it is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because they could have made them more frequent instead, giving us more to do.

this just shows they don't want to give us things to do, they want us sitting and doing nothing apparently. i have no fucking idea why either, it's ridiculous.
    You're supposed to work during the day, prepare dinner when you get back, do stuff with friends/family, play other games (that are much better) and play WoW a little when your friends get on. That's it, if you're doing more than this, you're playing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    I think that the timing of the invasions is perfectly fine. The burning legion is a constant threat so it makes sense that they can invade us at any time, catching us off-guard. The actual rewards from the invasions aren't mandatory, making it perfectly fine for a person to miss an invasion. It would appear that so much of the uproar from the community about the timing of the invasions draws from some perceived need to complete EVERY invasion and never miss a single thing ever. Obviously the requirements to complete an invasion in each zone precipitated this to some degree, but I think the real culprit is a "must do everything" mindset that many players have. This xpac has really shown how alive and dynamic the world can be, and in an ever changing world, it's impossible to experience every single event that occurs (much like the real world). My advice is to enjoy the world at your own pace and find your own experiences. After all, it is just a game.
    except they arent off guard its a set schedule that just doesn't work for 75% of people with jobs

This is not true at all. Right at the start of the blue post it talks about people and work and putting an achievement that required you to be on during a specific time was pretty stupid. If they did each zone twice a day then maybe but once is a no. It has nothing to do with with people complaining enough get with the real world kid.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

I still think the more elegant solution was to make invasions last longer than 6 hours.

Why not make them last 18 hours and when the invasion in one zone ends, another one immediately gets attacked?
    This way the frequency of invasions stay the same (~every 18 hours) yet people can do them when they want.

It would also make more sense story wise. What kind of army attacks for 6 hours then randomly f*cks off doing nothing for 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    People didn't want them removed though, they wanted them to be accessible reliably by people not able log on at 4 am or during the work day. Yes they know eventually they will happen when they are on but its a shit system. The decision to remove them from the achievement is less giving into player demand and more Blizzard refusing to admit their system is trash.
    Invasions spawn at random hour every day, just because they spawned at 9 am on the first day, and players who work couldn't do them, that doesn't mean you should complain straight away. I mean come on, so you will get flying few days later, big deal. And now they removed the requirement because of it... what's next, "i play 15mins per day and i can't get revered with legion offensive, remove that too".

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You're supposed to work during the day, prepare dinner when you get back, do stuff with friends/family, play other games (that are much better) and play WoW a little when your friends get on. That's it, if you're doing more than this, you're playing it wrong.
    Sounds completely fucking dumb to me mate. There's plenty for me to do when I get back from work.

Then again, I don't spend my time on the forums circle jerking about WoW and how "bad" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    I still think the more elegant solution was to make invasions last longer than 6 hours.

Why not make them last 18 hours and when the invasion in one zone ends, another one immediately gets attacked?
    This way the frequency of invasions stay the same (~every 18 hours) yet people can do them when they want.

It would also make more sense story wise. What kind of army attacks for 6 hours then randomly f*cks off doing nothing for 12 hours.
    Like Blizzard said, invasions disrupt normal gameplay in the zone. Making them last longer or be more frequent would still piss off a lot of people.