Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not every little feature or bit of WoW is=PAY DA BILLS. You sound like an overly bitter old man(I doubt you are). Settle down bro.
    Every feature of wow is quite literally to make money with the idea of more money always in mind. Any pro-player move they make is only to mollify the masses long enough for them to purchase the next expansion and make them even more money - rinse and repeat.

All games are business, blizzard is just one of the bigger scumbags out there.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I don't even know why people are this upset about it? It is going to get nerfed, just like everything that the majority of the players couldn't/didn't want to handle(ie 30 corrupted essences @EN).

Wait for a month or two, see the challenge nerfed, see the ilvl prizes increase overall and complete whatever you couldn't. I've kept up with content at a top rate for the first 3-4 months, untill I figured out that this trend of making content easier/making the rewards a lot better is going to continue throughout this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Way to miss the point entirely.
    He used the same explanation blizzard gave us and it makes more sense than anything else you guys say.

Other than your "blah blah elitist price blah blah only 0.1% should have it blah blah"

Omg Blizz stop gating things behind gear checks, pls remove gear from the game so I can outskill all these raid bosses thx

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Gear made all the difference in the Green Fire quest though. I know, because after trying many times I finally completed it with better gear.

I suspect it's the same deal now. Casual players will probably have to wait for next patch to have a good shot, while fully Mythic geared people right now will say it's quite easy.
    Green fire was mostly about control/mechanics/tactics which is why there were videos of people completing it in all kinds of ilvls(some even almost naked). Most artifact scenarios are straight up impossible without 900+ ilvl, advanced artifact, certain legendaries.
    Last edited by Livevil; 2017-04-06 at 05:59 PM.

Nothing about the encounter is trivial, even with gear its very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If it were scaled with gear a lot of people who complain now but have the chance to complete it in a couple months with more gear wouldn't be able to complete it at all.
    Then thats it, Who cares if they aren't able to complete it? Its supposed to be a challenge, not something you out gear.

I completed the Resto shaman one last night at 899. I'd say my biggest problem with it is that the RNG is bad enough to where sometimes you just can't heal someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Lol no he's probably right. If they went with the gear scaling they probably would have tuned it to be as difficult as it is currently in about 905-910 gear which is still really difficult. It took me over 80 attempts to get the frost dk skin with item level 905. It was difficult. The dark phase of Xylem hit me for about 1 mil every second so I only had 4 seconds to get to and kill each add. It was crazy hard as it should be. Sub 900 it's probably impossible though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You say that, but there are a LOT of people out there who stand 0 chance of completing this because they don't understand their class on a level that is required to complete it.
    Or rolled a protection paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    If they made it scale with gear, all the godawful players who are already whining(because they also have bad gear) would keep whining forever, because they'd never be able to overgear it and stomp it. Making it scale with you would be a pretty bad idea for Blizzard.
    That really depends on a lot on where the difficulty is set at, doesn't it? Look at the Green Fire quests. People seemed to LOVE those, despite their difficulty. Now imagine if that was actually still challenging today? Warlocks would still view getting Green Fire as a milestone for their character. It's not THAT hard, it just takes a little bit of work.

Deleted
    Rhok'delar demon killing challenge called and said hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So the kids over at acti-blizz said the artifact/solo dungeon is going to be VERY HARD .. Thing is its not very hard mechanic wise, it actually feels super scripted (but hay it is PvE) and all that is hard about it would be RNG to get that one specific legendary that completely trivializes the encounter ..

Hard = RNG loot .. cool story

Edit: Quick examples not intended as a comprehensive list: BM= Legs / Affi = Ring / and so on

Like some have said: They could have just as easily tuned it to YOUR current ilvl as to put the focus on mechanics (skill) but NOOOO they went the other way and made the mechanics easy to learn (say 3 to 5 attempts) and put all the weight on gear .. Thing is before the next tier opens up (t20) RNG determines who has the gear TODAY!
    TLDR: I'm pissed because I can't beat this challenge and will project my short-comings onto the creators.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    by that logic, EVERYTHING, in pve is easy, because you can just come back to it with next tier gear. mythic augur/elisande/guldan/helya? all trivial from the get go, because you can just outgear them later on...
    Mythic Imperator was so easy, game sux blizz i killed him so fast with my legendary ring

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Those saying green fire was only skill based are totally delusionnal or have memory issue.

Green fire had a tight enrage (doom curse) and required insane burst to kill felhunters fast enough. Doing it without ToT gear was WAY HARDER than challenge are now and after ppl gets their ToT heroic gears, they roflstomped greenfire like nothing.

It's the same with the challenge. Insanely hard and overtuned for 7.0 gear. It will get easier and easier with the gear of ToS rolling on. (And the 7.3 after that).
    Finally, someone with half a brain.

Green fire was mechanically simple. Enslave pit lord. Sacrifice imp to dispel the DoT on yourself. Use pit lord to interrupt mega cast. Use gateway to drop aggro and stop chaos bolt.

Those were the mechanics. The rest of the fight was attrition and being able to nuke down the adds - especially the fel hunters before they could dispel your pit lord. If you couldn't kill the massive amount of hp the boss had in 10(or 20 if you used the purification potion) minutes, you die. The mechanics were simple, but unforgiving - just like mage tower. Green fire was no different, just less people tried to get it therefor less people were angry.

Deleted
    Those saying green fire was only skill based are totally delusionnal or have memory issue.

Green fire had a tight enrage (doom curse) and required insane burst to kill felhunters fast enough. Doing it without ToT gear was WAY HARDER than challenge are now and after ppl gets their ToT heroic gears, they roflstomped greenfire like nothing.

It's the same with the challenge. Insanely hard and overtuned for 7.0 gear. It will get easier and easier with the gear of ToS rolling on. (And the 7.3 after that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIq2umtapA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rzpYpTnNo

You're wrong, just sayin. (inb4, I already got 2/3 skins)

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    He used the same explanation blizzard gave us and it makes more sense than anything else you guys say.

Other than your "blah blah elitist price blah blah only 0.1% should have it blah blah"
    The fuck are you on about? I never said anything about only 0.1% should have it. I dont even hold that position.

- - - Updated - - -

Green Fire was scaled so that you could do it without literally a single piece of 5.2 gear, which is when the event came out. I personally had no gear from Throne of Thunder when I completed it myself.

Sorry but you're just wrong. Not to mention all the people who did it naked as an even harder challenge. Until you can show me people doing these challenges in 790 gear or naked, then its not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Gear made all the difference in the Green Fire quest though. I know, because after trying many times I finally completed it with better gear.

I suspect it's the same deal now. Casual players will probably have to wait for next patch to have a good shot, while fully Mythic geared people right now will say it's quite easy.
    It made it way easier, but it wasn't a requirement at all.

I've done 3 of them so far:

Frost mage - Twins fight, far from a gear check. Constant kiting, interrupting, prioritizing adds, knowing when to use CD's, soaking runes while kiting.

Havoc DH - Also far from a gear check. Interrupting, constant dodging, knowing when to interrupt, situational awareness.

Fire Mage - Only one you can classify as a gear check. You just need enough DPS to burst through her shield and kill the adds. Not very much to deal with mechanically compared to the other 2.

Yeah you need gear to beat them but how exactly do you expect them not to be trivial to mythic geared players? Sounds like whine because you went in there expecting to beat it with LFR gear, sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Havoc DH - Also far from a gear check. Interrupting, constant dodging, knowing when to interrupt, situational awareness.
    makes me wonder if you even did the challenge, even if we assume you can perfectly execute p1 (and not encounter some of the bugs there) and never go low enough, where couple extra hundred HP from gear would make the difference between death and getting leech off, the entire p2 is a gearcheck, you need enough dps to kill the boss before the platform is covered AND you need really good burst aoe dps on the adds before they reach the boss/get into the purple stuff, the worse gear you have and boss takes longer, the better burst aoe you need, because when the 4th adds come, you dont even have enough room to kite them away. and no, the adds dont just "fall over" to fury and beam, they have like 5,7M HP, its not trivial gearcheck, moreso, if you have subpar legs (like boots) you can make it as 895, if youre lucky on crits or procs on both boss and adds and use every single thing to your disposal, like BL drums, but with just an average luck, anyone sub 900 and average ilevel weapon will have serious trouble with p2 and difference between his kill and his p2 wipes will be mostly about getting RNG gods on his side.

and yeah, I killed it, with 903, could have performed better (and not forget drums like an idiot) but there were clear limits, that couldnt be outskilled if you didnt have the numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I've done it with 896 equipped, without healing bracers (fury warrior -> Agatha).
    You have to set up a Playbook and stick to it. The fight isn't a joke and will not be with ilvl 910.
    If you fuck up in Phase 2, you are screwed unless you are super lucky (happened to me once, but not when i downed her).

I can see that this will get easier with ToS-Gear, but I guess the majority of players won't get higher than normal gear, which ranges from 900-910.
    It's still a challenge for many players.

Also, its amusing that so many people (obviously the most of them fail at these challenges) refer to green fire. I recall seeing something similiar in Warlock forums about itemlevel/gearscore. I think its time some people accept that they are not as pro as they believe to be.
    Well I know that I am not a pro, but I think that my skill is decent. So I'll wait until I am about 890-900 for my first try to estimate if I just have to practice or if I have to get better gear. With my warlock, I did both - because my gear just got better over time and I could not spend my whole game time with 100% running the encounter. To add, my gear was mostly TI basic gear, with some items upgraded, and occasional LFR pieces from ToT / SoO. I guess I was somewhere about 510 item level then, I don't remember exactly. But on the other hand, warlock was always just one of my many alts, so I basically had to learn playing Destro from scratch, playing Demo or Affli before on a very casual level (mostly world content, professions and RP, occasional LFD/LFR). I surely had a bunch of trys to get the encounter (about 50, I guess), also because I had to get things into my muscle memory first.

Mage is my main, so I expect that I will do better. But I want to get to 890 first.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-04-07 at 01:43 PM.