Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Make past season's elite transmog available

I invite everyone to a reasonable discussion about this topic.
    There is a new topic about it on the eu forums as well. Some of the reasons behind this can be:
    -A person that sees the new pvp transmogs at the launch of the season and really like them, but never played pvp, that person will never be able to get them, since he cannot build enough experience in 1 season because the time is too short.
    -A person that didn't play for a while, starts playing again and he played some pvp in the past and decides to start playing seriously, but he started at the middle or near the end of the season and has no time to gain them.
    -A person that is almost similar to the previous one, has casualy played pve and now wants to play pvp and during 1 entire freaking season, he wasn't able to find the right partners to do this with.
    -There shouldn't be any reason to be honest, since their pve counter parts are still obtainable anytime after the current tier becomes irrelevant.
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-05-02 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Personally i'd love to obtain last seasons elite transmog, but i see good points from both sides of the discussions on this subject.
    I'd like the idea of being able to buy last seasons elite transmog if you hit 2000+ rating this season or next, but keep the tabard/weapon enchant for people who got the rating within that season.

Would be interesting to see if blizz does anything with old elite sets or leave them how they are.

Totaly agree with you man. Tabard and enchants for those who deserve them, as well as top-level mount.
    But, they should just make the sets available. Not easy, NOT RNG, but available.

This was already talked about with blue posts within, https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2671741?page=1 you can jump thru blue posts.

The posts there make no sense... They already took a decision based on those posts? That's pathetic.
    Also... they took the decision over 1 day ? That's an outrage... There were 0 valid posts about why the pvp sets should stay not accessible. Only cries and fake stories. That's because there is no real reason. This subject was treated badly from the beginning.
    I still think this should be up for debate and that they should reconsider. Current tier set looks like dogs**t, why do I have to be forced to wear that instead of picking what I want ? Past season is past season. Mythic gear is still available to pvp f**kheads after the expansion is over, that's why they are so over privileged and fail to see the truth.

I still think it's dumb that you can go farm old mythic/heroic raid sets but can't get middle of the pack pvp rewards from past seasons. Such a waste of good looking sets.

But they've already confirmed they won't, just going to have to accept it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    I invite everyone to a reasonable discussion about this topic.
    There is a new topic about it on the eu forums as well. Some of the reasons behind this can be:
    -A person that sees the new pvp transmogs at the launch of the season and really like them, but never played pvp, that person will never be able to get them, since he cannot build enough experience in 1 season because the time is too short.
    -A person that didn't play for a while, starts playing again and he played some pvp in the past and decides to start playing seriously, but he started at the middle or near the end of the season and has no time to gain them.
    -A person that is almost similar to the previous one, has casualy played pve and now wants to play pvp and during 1 entire freaking season, he wasn't able to find the right partners to do this with.
    -There shouldn't be any reason to be honest, since their pve counter parts are still obtainable anytime after the current tier becomes irrelevant.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615233423
    they did plan to, and people complained to shit, to the point they caved and decided not to

so asking them to bring something in they planned to but so much backlash they decided not to, is very unlieky
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I still think it's dumb that you can go farm old mythic/heroic raid sets but can't get middle of the pack pvp rewards from past seasons. Such a waste of good looking sets.

But they've already confirmed they won't, just going to have to accept it.
    This is not true. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can buy every single piece of PvP gear and use it for transmog - except the limited editions which are similar to the rewards from challenge modes in MoP/WoD NOT old mythic/heroic raids.
    This comparison between old mythic/heroic raids and the elite recolours of the PvP gear doesn't even make sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    This is not true. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can buy every single piece of PvP gear and use it for transmog - except the limited editions which are similar to the rewards from challenge modes in MoP/WoD NOT old mythic/heroic raids.
    This comparison between old mythic/heroic raids and the elite recolours of the PvP gear doesn't even make sense.
    yes it does

1 set from mop, does not make up for every elite set from every past season ever...
    and yes you can go back and get mythic (he said heroic because he ment before heroic) sets after the raid is over, but you cannot get elite sets after the season is over

normal/heroic= normal pvp sets can get both
    mythic= elite, but you cant get elite, but can get mythic?
    btw like mythic and elite pvp ,there is complete sets you can only get from there, that are not recolours
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-04-08 at 07:12 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes it does

1 set from mop, does not make up for every elite set from every past season ever...
    and yes you can go back and get mythic (he said heroic because he ment before heroic) sets after the raid is over, but you cannot get elite sets after the season is over

normal/heroic= normal pvp sets can get both
    mythic= elite, but you cant get elite, but can get mythic?
    btw like mythic and elite pvp ,there is complete sets you can only get from there, that are not recolours
    wut? Next you're going to tell me all raids are closed for good after 5 months or so. Like PvP seasons are. Raids are not over once someone clears them. PvP seasons are only active for a limited time. It's a participation reward from being active during THAT ONE SEASON. Unlike hc/mythic raids that likely lasts forever the only ones I can think of that didn't were old Nax, ZG/ZA and those deaths in TotC.

HOWEVER, if you were active DURING THAT ONE season and achieved the elite recolour, then I fully support you being able to re-buy it now that the wardrobe is here. Similar to the Legion system where the 2k achievement grants you access to buy the box with the elite gear.

TLR; mythic/hc gear is not the equivalant of elite gear.

You can't buy any of the elite sets, so far Challenge Mode sets/weapons are the only PvE sets you can no longer obtain in anyway. And even with challenge mode gear I wish they just let you get them during any expac with a different Challenge Mode achievement, but that's a different topic.

Elite sets required a 2200 rating and conquest points to buy during a season. Getting the rating was the easy part. The hard part was playing enough to get the conquest points (which had a weekly cap) to complete the set before the season ended.

wut? Next you're going to tell me all raids are closed for good after 5 months or so. Like PvP seasons are. Raids are not over once someone clears them. PvP seasons are only active for a limited time. It's a participation reward from being active during THAT ONE SEASON. Unlike hc/mythic raids that likely lasts forever the only ones I can think of that didn't were old Nax, ZG/ZA and those deaths in TotC.

HOWEVER, if you were active DURING THAT ONE season and achieved the elite recolour, then I fully support you being able to re-buy it now that the wardrobe is here. Similar to the Legion system where the 2k achievement grants you access to buy the box with the elite gear.

That's their point, why does PvE get to stay around but PvP doesn't? What about the people who cleared mythic/heroic raids when they were relevant? People can still get that gear. I don't see why it should be different for PvP.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-04-08 at 07:40 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can't buy any of the elite sets, so far Challenge Mode sets/weapons are the only PvE sets you can no longer obtain in anyway.
    As I tried to write in my post, this is the ONLY thing you can compare the elite PvP gear with. And when I wrote "except the limited editions" I meant elite recolour.

Elite sets required a 2200 rating and conquest points to buy during a season. Getting the rating was the easy part. The hard part was playing enough to get the conquest points (which had a weekly cap) to complete the set before the season ended.
    If you had 2.2k rating I think you'd have a conquest cap of about 2500-2700 per week and you needed like 27k conquest points to be able to buy it (in addition to the rating requirement ofcourse). Each MoP season lasted between 22 and 33 weeks according to this.
    But, again: if you managed to buy it back then, I think you should be able to re-buy it now incase you deleted it or smth.

7+ Year Old Account

i dont need to say anything cause not a cat did

TLR why does pvp get tons of exlusive teir sets for being around during that time well PVE's sets are just "oh come at any time and get it"
    either have mythic gear no longer obtainable when the next raid comes out, or have elite sets able to be obtained later

7+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, fingers off my past accomplishments. In Legion your 2.2k rating gained by playing your mongo melee comp equals 1.5k in WoD/MoP.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

TLR why does pvp get tons of exlusive teir sets for being around during that time well PVE's sets are just "oh come at any time and get it"
    either have mythic gear no longer obtainable when the next raid comes out, or have elite sets able to be obtained later
    You know, I thought a lot about this and while it seems crystal clear in my head, I realize I wont be able to change your mind. But, I will reply with what I believe anyway:

Again you're comparing elite gear with mythic/hc gear. Time limited vs not time limited. And this is very important for me: this is gear you can "achieve" if you're active at one specific point versus gear that just is. PvE has exclusive tier sets for being around during a specific time aswell: namely CM and old Nax if you like so this whole thing "butt butt mythic and elite gear?"! goes out the window.
    Why can you not get the card back from reaching rank 20 in season x of Hearthstone now? Because you didn't reach the required rank at the time. Can you get the current seasons card back/elite gear? Yes!

I believe the reason for elite gear, again exclusive tier sets as you put it, is an incentive for you to work towards something in PvP in one specific season. Now this might not apply to others, but it applies to me: I don't care much for the rating or PvP itself, but I like to collect all this stuff in the game, as I suspect you do too, and what is to prevent me from scraping up all of the rewards from previous seasons if I participated during one season and never again?
    This is what it boils down to for me in the end. Entitlement. How can I feel entitled to be handed something so easily that someone else worked for at another point in time? How can I sled to the north pole and claim I discovered it today? (That is a ridiculous example, but as is the whole "bring back elite gear"-thing for me). I am very content looking at other people with old seasons PvP gear knowing full well that some worked extremely hard to get the showoff while others simply got it by playing passively. I envy their looks, but would never expect to be given this simply because it was a reward that was CLEARLY limited unlike mythic/hc raids.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-04-08 at 08:42 AM.

Are you kidding me ???? Challenge modes were available the entire expansion and very hard to obtain, it is not even nearly an accurate comparison. The most accurate comparison is Mythic Raiding. No one said anything about heroic, heroic is for the below "2000" rating.

Now that I think of it, I got a new suggestion.
    Make the set transmog obtainable the entire expansion for both PVP and PVE and then make them unobtainable. OR none!
    You guys have this entitlement feeling about this matter because you ALREADY GOT the pve counterparts for 0 effort. But there is and was a ton of effort put into mythic transmog sets as well when they were current. It's not only the pvp-ers that worked for their transmog. They just made a bad move for not allowing them to be available afterwards in the first place. But, we can get over this, let them just make them available now and NOT for free as I've stated, for hard work ofc, because they are past sets and should be irrelevant as PVE sets are.
    This is rly unfair for PvE players that want to start playing pvp competitively and target a specific set transmog and can't reach it in 1 season because it wasn't enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Hell no, fingers off my past accomplishments. In Legion your 2.2k rating gained by playing your mongo melee comp equals 1.5k in WoD/MoP.
    Hands of your f**king accomplishments????? What about the mythic raider's accomplishments when the tier was relevant??? 100 % invalid point. Make either both exlusive or none.

Edit: What's really wrong about players wanting to play more pvp? Don't you guys like more competition or what ? This change will bring new players to the pvp field. The faster we can get over this, the faster we can meet in combat. I personally dislike the current season transmog 100 %, but I would like to work for the last season's transmog. Why the hell not ? It's past! You want your prestige and entitlement? Go work for the current season gladiator reward and show it off. That is truly something to show off. Not gear transmog.
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-04-08 at 08:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me ???? Challenge modes were available the entire expansion and very hard to obtain, it is not even nearly an accurate comparison. The most accurate comparison is Mythic Raiding. No one said anything about heroic, heroic is for the below "2000" rating.

Now that I think of it, I got a new suggestion.
    Make the set transmog obtainable the entire expansion for both PVP and PVE and then make them unobtainable. OR none!
    You guys have the ease of thought about this matter because you ALREADY GOT the pve counterparts for 0 effort. But there is and was a ton of effort put into mythic transmog sets as well when they were current. It's not only the pvp-ers that worked for their transmog. They just made a bad move for not allowing them to be available afterwards in the first place. But, we can get over this, let them just make them available now and NOT for free as I've stated, for hard work ofc, because they are past sets and should be irrelevant as PVE sets are.
    This is rly unfair for PvE players that want to start playing pvp competitively and target a specific set transmog and can't reach it in 1 season because it wasn't enough time.

Hands of your f**king accomplishments????? What about the mythic raider's accomplishments when the tier was relevant??? 100 % invalid point. Make either both exlusive or none.
    Mounts from old mythic raids get reduced to a 1% drop rate. I agree that they should be completely removed and possibly the mythic tier sets too.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me ???? Challenge modes were available the entire expansion and very hard to obtain, it is not even nearly an accurate comparison.
    Elite PvP gear was available the entire season. Irrelevant. It might be very hard to obtain if you're new or easy to obtain if you know the game.
    Besides, CMs were pretty darn easy to complete in MoP with all of the gem sockets near the end. If you want mythic/old hc gear removed, thats another topic.

No one said anything about heroic, heroic is for the below "2000" rating.
    lol, what? Perhaps today, but old elite gear is from the past (seasons).

You weren't up to the competition, so you prepare yourself and work harder the next time.

You weren't up to the competition, so you prepare yourself and work harder the next time.
    No thanks. I was really only a few points short in last season on my own(-50), and I'd like to get ready for the competition in the next season of course, but the current transmog is looking bad. I want a past season's transmog to work towards it. The reason I wasn't able to get the last season's transmog is because I kept losing partners because they give up playing. The game is not as it was before and because of that, some things need to change with it.

Edit: I didn't have the entire season available like you say, I returned at the start of season 2 when I saw the transmogs and they kept making changes to my class and people just wouldn't want a mediocre class to join them when they can have op comps with high ratings. I tried to find a reliable partner, but I just couldn't, why must I be punished when I struggled on my own and I almost got it ? There wasn't enough time for me. But that's not the point, the point is: why aren't they treated the same as the pve counterpart? If I don't have enough time this season, I should be able to work for it in the next one. In the mean while, who wants limited time rewards, can still work for GLAD.
    Because they failed with this system when they trivialized elite pve transmog, they should implement different seasonal rewards for pvp, other than elite season transmog.

I say again, elite gear transmog shouldnt be time limited. I agree you guys need to work towards something rare as well, you have that limited time Reward: Gladiator achievement. I am respecting that and hands off that topic(as well as tabard and illusion). But, anything below that is not an achievement, so don't spill me bs about your "prestige". There's no prestige in having those transmog sets, it's the illusion of prestige because how it works right now, and it's a fixable problem.
    I've been a heroic raider while WOTLK was current, I got my Invincible when it was current, now every dips**t runs around with it, not to mention the elite transmog. I worked my a** off for that accomplishment. As well as I was a mythic raider in WoD(when I returned), I worked my ass off for the blackhand and archimonde mounts when they were current, even if they trivialized obtaining them by the end of the expansion, I'm not mad... I'm ok to share. But, again, every dips**t can get it now since there is still a 1 % drop chance (which is not the case for pvp). And those mounts are real achievement to get. You really need to dedicate time and commitment to a guild to obtain 1 out of 20 before tier is considered irrelevant and they get droped to 1 %.
    Getting the pve elite transmog while the tier is current is a privilege of the moment, it then gets trivialized why????
    I still want reasons to play this game and one reason is pvp now, and what I want is unobtainable for invalid reasons. I just wish they bring a reasonable solution to this situation they put us in.
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-04-08 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    I can see both points but I feel like if you achieve 2.2k (maybe 2.4k for previous sets) you should be allowed to purchase any 2k elite set in the past outright. award people for skill, not farming CP / Honor etc. Be nice to have something which you just earn for skill base. so if you get 2k early in the season, you earn to have the look way before anyone else.

with CM gear, I think this should all be unlocked with new expansion with a new way of getting it or scale up the dungeon maybe? unfair on new players, people who re roll (dh's etc)

- - - Updated - - -

quite a valid point tbh.