Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I do believe a lot of negative posts are unneccessary, but I also think they are understandable at the same time.

I think WoW was a game that became popular at the right time, it basically reinvented the gaming industry and opened new means to meet people. It was built upon a well known world and game was very accessible to all sort of players. The game had quite an big impact on my life, it helped me to create relationships across the borders and some of them are pretty healthy to this day!

As life goes, you simply can't experience the 'thing' with same enthusiasm as before. Even when you get new additions. I mean I used to play a lot with Lego and even if I buy a new piece as 25 years old, I no longer can immerse myself into playing with it. I have fun building it, but that's it.

I think the same happened when it comes to WoW. Sometimes I miss playing it, turn it on and quickly realize I just can't immerse myself again. Just as it happens with Lego. Sure I do believe the game became a mess more less due all the expansions adding stuff which is both blessing and curse. On one hand you get new stuff to play with, but on the other hand it makes it even more messy and complicated to balance.

What I am trying to say is, the inability to deal with the nostalgia is causing the frustration. I do believe some people desperately want to have fun, but they can't and are looking for false excuses and means to deal with them. If I was playing Legion 5 years ago, I would probably say it is the best expansion ever, but I grew up, my priorities changed and I just no longer have fun playing the game. I played the game since 2006, it is 11 years since I started, it is natural to no longer feel the 'spark'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard ruined something I loved, why should I not give them shit for it?

They've actively gone out of their way to make stupid decisions, I don't give a shit why they did it - it doesn't change anything.

Deleted
    TBF Blizzard deserves some NOT all shit for some of their more incompetent decisions, partly due to their own behaviour. Blizzard shouldn't be making rookie mistakes and I do think some devs need to get off Twitter and actually play

NEVER!

*Gives Blizzard this:*

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    So don't Noone is forcing you to spend money on it. Take a break or stop entirely. If at some point you really feel like playing again, it will be enough justification for spending money. It's an easy decision, really.
    I haven't for a good while now.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Even though I do believe a lot of negative posts are unneccessary, but I also think they are understandable at the same time.

I think WoW was a game that became popular at the right time, it basically reinvented the gaming industry and opened new means to meet people. It was built upon a well known world and game was very accessible to all sort of players. The game had quite an big impact on my life, it helped me to create relationships across the borders and some of them are pretty healthy to this day!

As life goes, you simply can't experience the 'thing' with same enthusiasm as before. Even when you get new additions. I mean I used to play a lot with Lego and even if I buy a new piece as 25 years old, I no longer can immerse myself into playing with it. I have fun building it, but that's it.

I think the same happened when it comes to WoW. Sometimes I miss playing it, turn it on and quickly realize I just can't immerse myself again. Just as it happens with Lego. Sure I do believe the game became a mess more less due all the expansions adding stuff which is both blessing and curse. On one hand you get new stuff to play with, but on the other hand it makes it even more messy and complicated to balance.

What I am trying to say is, the inability to deal with the nostalgia is causing the frustration. I do believe some people desperately want to have fun, but they can't and are looking for false excuses and means to deal with them. If I was playing Legion 5 years ago, I would probably say it is the best expansion ever, but I grew up, my priorities changed and I just no longer have fun playing the game. I played the game since 2006, it is 11 years since I started, it is natural to no longer feel the 'spark'.
    Very nice post and a good point of view. I agree with you. For me it still has the spark, after all these years. But I understand how it's not the same for everyone. Maybe the spark comes back so you continue (and conclude at some point) the story of WoW Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    I haven't for a good while now.
    And it's perfectly fine Hopefully the desire to play comes back. If not, good luck with other things you have going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Blizzard ruined something I loved, why should I not give them shit for it?

They've actively gone out of their way to make stupid decisions, I don't give a shit why they did it - it doesn't change anything.
    Perhaps instead of giving shit, you suggest something constructively. If it sounds reasonable and your opinion is shared by many, who knows what will happen. Giving shit rarely accomplishes anything

Deleted
    Perhaps instead of giving shit, you suggest something constructively. If it sounds reasonable and your opinion is shared by many, who knows what will happen. Giving shit rarely accomplishes anything
    Criticizing Blizzard doesn't accomplish anything either, so disappointed customers (and ex-customers) might aswell put out a good rant instead of treating Blizzard nicely some more. I would argue that at this point it is even more helpful to just truthfully show your own disappointment and resentment towards Blizzard's current practices without putting silk gloves on all the time. Be angry! It's justified at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    Criticizing Blizzard doesn't accomplish anything either, so disappointed customers (and ex-customers) might aswell put out a good rant instead of treating Blizzard nicely some more. I would argue that at this point it is even more helpful to just truthfully show your own disappointment and resentment towards Blizzard's current practices without putting silk gloves on all the time. Be angry! It's justified at this point.
    It accomplishes if it's reasonable and would improve experience for good portion of playerbase. You seem to think that the game is at some breaking point and we need to be angry. It's not. There are plenty of us who enjoy it very much and love every second of the expansion. If you want things to change, suggest and explain why it would be better. I would never even consider whining rants of angry kids, and guess what, you would never too. Was there ever a time that you listened to "advice" given to you that way?

It's not about being nice to someone who deserves or doesn't deserve it. It's about acknowledging you dislike something, acknowledging that other people might like it and then suggesting in a clear non-emotional way a change. It might happen or it might not, depending on many factors. The fact that you personally (and few others that agreed with you) dislike something does not mean that it has to change. It only means that there is a part of the game that you don't like. Which is perfectly normal and fine.

Deleted
    It accomplishes if it's reasonable and would improve experience for good portion of playerbase. You seem to think that the game is at some breaking point and we need to be angry. It's not. There are plenty of us who enjoy it very much and love every second of the expansion. If you want things to change, suggest and explain why it would be better. I would never even consider whining rants of angry kids, and guess what, you would never too. Was there ever a time that you listened to "advice" given to you that way?
    It actually is. Not a single person is enjoying every second of this expansion, obviously. You are being disingenuous by insinuiating that a rant can only consist of "whining" and being put forward by "angry kids". And yes, there have been times when people angrily and passionately told me their honest opinion about something, which had a better effect than calmly and boringly explaining something. The problem is that Blizzard does not listen to any advice whatsoever, no matter how you present it.

It's not about being nice to someone who deserves or doesn't deserve it. It's about acknowledging you dislike something, acknowledging that other people might like it and then suggesting in a clear non-emotional way a change. It might happen or it might not, depending on many factors. The fact that you personally (and few others that agreed with you) dislike something does not mean that it has to change. It only means that there is a part of the game that you don't like. Which is perfectly normal and fine.
    You are continually being dishonest by describing the people who are currently happy with the game and agree with you as "plenty", but describing the people who currently aren't happy with the game and would agree with me as "few", without actually knowing any numbers.

Deleted

It's been said a million times already that people gave real and constructive feedback during beta that was completely ignored. There are things in the game that are not just a matter of "some people like them, some people don't", they have been complete and utter failures.

Legendaries are a classic example, people gave tons of feedback during beta, asked for them not work in raids etc etc. Guess what, they were completely ignored and you saw the shitshow that followed. Blizzard admitted they fucked up, continue to hotfix them every 2nd week and still can't balance them properly.

Class balance, the same. People were pointing out for instance before 7.1.5 that hunters were shit tier, blizzard ignored them, released the patch, hunters cried and quit left and right and then they did a measly hotfix 2 weeks later.

Mob scaling with ilvl, boy is this a good one. Not only did they try to conceal that from patch notes, they also got it 100% wrong, only to revert it 2 days later after the outrage that occured.

I can keep going but, do you see the trend here? The past years Blizzard seems incapable of releasing something that works properly even after ton of real feedback from the community. So, while I don't really enjoy the 10-year-old rage rants, when they do stupid shit, people will give them shit, it's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Isn't the solution just to make it like pre-Legion invasions.

Reduce or remove the exp gained to avoid people spamming it to level so they can still continue to sell their $60 boost.

Invasions don't give rep anyway so they can still "force" players to grind rep in broken shores/isles whatever, to pad that "played time" to their shareholders.

Introduce a diminishing returns for nethershards to avoid farming to buy 880 gear.

Simple and easy solution. Blizzard wins with their $60 boost, shareholders get good news with the time played metric and players can earn the achievement without having to sacrifice their daily routine.

But they removed the requirement already so... *shrug*
    You firstly assume that the pre-legion invasion format is right for everyone, which it isn't.
    Personally I agree the new format isn't very dynamic, but neither was it in my opinion fun spending more time travelling hoping to be there before something died.
    The original format was far from perfect, so it shouldn't be presented as something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    You are continually being dishonest by describing the people who are currently happy with the game and agree with you as "plenty", but describing the people who currently aren't happy with the game and would agree with me as "few", without actually knowing any numbers.
    And those with a gripe regularly hold up the vocal representation as proof of numbers when it has been made clear that those positive about something have less reason to scream and shout about it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-08 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Blizzard gets all the crap they deserve, because its their customers opinions who give it to them.

Wonder if OP works for bliz or just a fanboi.

Well said actually. Most people who complain don't have an actual solution, let alone one that would work.
    The only advice I can give is for people who complain constantly to just take a break and go outside. The game doesn't need your feedback to move forward and your constant whining is making others feel like the problem you are complaining about actually matters.
    Its just a game and it works fine. There are some problems of course, but you crusading against them does not get them fixed.

Just relax and play, or stop.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Agree with TS; Blizz is absolutely perfect and can do no wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    My solution, set it for 2pm > 8pm or even 3pm > 9pm

I have managed to do Azsuna and Highmountain so far and if they keep rotating the other two between these shitty times I am never going to get the other 2 done.
    What about people that work evenings then? They get fucked? People are at work at any and every point of the day, hence why blizzard made it rotate, just because it is inconvenient for YOU at some points doesn't mean its the same for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Agree with TS; Blizz is absolutely perfect and can do no wrong!
    beep boop yes give blizz your monay

Deleted
    I will stop giving Blizzard "shit" when they stop making retarded changes to the game and i will continue to praise them for the good things they do. I'm a customer and i will tell them my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    tl;dr: Complain, because otherwise, Blizz doesn't know, but offer a solution, don't just rant for the sake of ranting.

The goal of the thread is to minimize, even by a 1%, the unjustified / unneeded negativity towards Blizzard's decision by providing facts and a little bit of a rant.

I'm a tank / healer / DPS (melee, ranged) raid-leader with almost only shit legendaries and very bad luck on almost all characters. I used to have back / boots on my DK for a long time, which resulted in unbelievably bad numbers.

Facts:

- Blizzard is a business, it is part of Activision-Blizzard, which has a board and investors, the team over at Blizzard must return money to their investors, therefore,

- Blizzard's focus is money

- Blizzard must keep a balance between money & happiness, otherwise people will not see it worth it to play, a small introduction to the principles of value vs. pricing: http://www.infoentrepreneurs.org/en/...ct-or-service/

Rant:

I strongly believe that, due to how long they've been with the company, the people over at Blizzard have a natural desire to create a joyful game, otherwise you simply wouldn't be able to last thing long in a company and still smile, it's just impossible. Hard to believe they're mimicking and faking emotions, even a small part of them. Therefore, I believe that our interests as players are taken into consideration. They've introduced new systems to the game, and while some have been in other games, such as D3 (Legendaries, Kadala, farming), WoW has a totally different dynamic, in short, they're still learning, hence why you see them tweaking.

Knowing this, you can expect more mature systems in the next expansion. Remember Garrisons from WoD? We still have them, just that they're called Class Halls, but they're just so much better. They learned and listened.

Some systems, they don't respond to the raggedit, mmowarriors and ecockbattlenet forums, simply because, have you considered the simple and pure fact that, out of millions of people, just a fraction of them post here? They need to take decisions for everyone's best interest and can't respond to everything that a part of the community sees as problematic.

Facts 2:

- Blizzard listens. If you deny this, then you're not following the changes they make and the communication they give, examples:

a) Legendaries. They updated / buffed / nerfed many legendaries, if not all, in a patch, after community feedback.
    b) M+ Grind. If you think 7.2 is a M+ grind, boy, you're wrong, currently, numbers-wise, it's simply stupid to farm M+, the returns are so low and with
    ToS releasing only after 1st of June (confirmed with their 11 weeks route), you simply don't have to, there's no reason to, even if you go hard, when
    you hit the paragon trait level 2-3-4, it's just a 200 increase for a huge amount. This means that you just have to play the game and it'll come, with
    AK.
    c) Invasions. They realized the timings were off and thy removed it from the achievement.
    d) Sentinax. They buffed it and stealth nerfed it (Come on, 15k an hour was way too much, what, you're gonna hit 900 in 5-6 hours of mindless
    farm?), after community outcry that there were no shards.

- The world doesn't revolve around you. Stop thinking that, because your class got nerfed, it's so bad and "How can Blizz do this?", don't be such fatalists, classes' performance come and go with the release of updates / raids, they can't always be equal or stay on the same spot, or even close to their original spot, it's an ever-changing dynamic.

Negatives from Blizzard:

- Pricing on account services (server transfer and such). I feel as if they're trying to milk it, to be fair, it doesn't make sense for a race change to be as much, it's just such a minimal change to do and it impacts very little on your gameplay.

- Pricing on faction change could be better adjusted in terms of realm's population balance. A higher price is okay if it's to stop the one-sideing of a faction, atleast in theory. Still, I feel it's too expensive.

- Warforge & Titanforge adds a dynamic to the game that feels unfair and it actually is. What they need to achieve is a "surprise moment" for the gear dropping, it needs to be rewarding & exciting.

- Legendaries RNG. Unfortunately, I could write a chapter on this. It is not fine to allow such powerful items to drop randomly (the slot), given that people work for them. I said this and I'll say it again: People like the drop of a legendary, it makes you scream, give us a legendary shard, which we can exchange for any legendary we want. The problem with this? People will stop playing after they got their BiS. Find a balance between keeping people hooked and feeling like they completed something, but make it so that they always want to get others. Solution? Fucking delete damage addons. Just kidding, but most people, who are not interested in progression raiding at the hardcore level, don't realize the fact that almost all legendaries are very powerful as of now, for certain situations. I have ring / belt / wrists / helm / boots / cape on my frost DK. I use boots on Elisande and it's a DPS increase. Wonder how? Well. The solution is simple: Make the non-interesting legendaries more interesting and impactful. Look, I get it that Sephuz is an okay legendary, but no one's going to fucking want to use it if they got something else with an effect on it.

-- cont Rant:

In conclusion, give Blizzard some breathing room, they're doing it for the money, but rest assured that their Business Intelligence dept. knows how to handle things and can find a balance between things, enjoyment translates into money, there's no arguing to that.

I'm expecting replies "But what about X and Y situation when they did this?", "Yea m8 for sure, live in your own world", "Haha, this guy, he started playing in Legion", "No, if only it was this way, this situation of legendaries affected me, my retarded friend got 4 BiS while I'm on 8 and still got nothing good", realize how subjective and unhelpful they are, if you've got a suggestion, let them know in a structured way and always provide a possible solution.

But if we all acted rationally, we wouldn't be called humans. It's fun to complain sometimes, but all I see is threads of just complaining, with no clear structure, no clear solution, no clear intent, for the sake of validating your own pain with the outside world.

Every person of intelligence knows that the best ideas come from uncertain places.
    While a reasonable and constructed well, I'll still "Give shit" If you will, because no matter how large the company our demands stay the same. Good gameplay, good lore and story, good content, If their size makes It so that their content Is more focused on milking us then they should be a smaller company again. Or at least without a "Board" or Investors, they're blizzard. Their money comes from putting high prices on products and knowing fans will still buy It, cause "Loyal fanS" I hope they wouldn't but hey, wer'e still paying how many dollars for Hearthstone expansions, and that's only like 120-150 cards per expansion, and you have to RNG buy them with the packs and you need at least 200+ packs to be guaranteed you get all of them, and around 50 packs as I recall costs about 50 bucks.

How's that reasonable? Or WoW having expansions costing 50 bucks, and then a sub fee? Because fanboys, they thrived on fanboys for so long.

My point Is, If their Investors, shareholders are holdnig them back as It seems they have been since they became Activision Blizzard, maybe they should become just Blizzard again. It's no cooididence we get more content that gives us the Illusion of progression (Flipping artifact power... lol) rather then Interesting good content to keep us engaged, exploring, wanting to discover mysteries and solve them. It's no coincidence this has happened around the time Cataclysm came, when cata Itself has been the start of WoW catoring to casuals and giving freebies to everyone, having a store where you buy mounts and pets, and now we have half of a F2P game of WoW, with Wow tokens.

Don't forget how many people because they had many, many garrisons working for up to 14+ months got enough gold In that time to buy a sub for 2+ years with tokens alone. Not only does that not could as a sub, It's unfair to people who couldn't get that themselves (I admit I'd be glad to have 2+ years of sub just with tokens) because there are many, many people who play WoW ONLY because "I have wow tokens so I'll keep playing until I run out" - that, should tell you that at least 1 mil of the wow population If not more only runs of of wow tokens and would've quit long ago and made WoW look more dead than It is, and they knew It. And gave this "Solution" In WoD so that people woudn't quit during the content draught as badly as they did.

The game Is held by duct tape, fanboys who are too stubborn to stop playing - who don't want to hear or be shown flaws of the game over 12 years of play and the hardcore collectors, and ofcourse bot users and gold sellers. Point Is, why do people stay..? Cause most of them, which I estimate realisticly around 4 mil If not less, stay only cause "Well I'm a giant fanboy, hi hi" or "I have tons of tokens, why not?" does that alone not tell you WoW has a problem, and Blizz does nothing to fix that?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

There's nothing wrong with criticizing the game as long as you can do it in a way that says "I'm an adult with a well thought-out opinion" instead of "I'm a 9 year old with nothing better to do that scream at some people I don't know online."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    "I'm an adult with a well thought-out opinion"
    https://youtu.be/gAYL5H46QnQ?t=33s