Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Have you thought about how it affects melee? No, of course not. You don't think outside of the box.

You know what happens if I run into the caster backline as a melee? My healers can't see me.

Use your brain for once before creating your daily rant threads.

It affects everyone equally, it's a fucking PvP brawl and it's supposed to be stupid. Don't act like it's some "anti-ranged" conspiracy.
    Your ignoring the fact that its objective based PvP .. Meaning you have point that needs to be captured and held .. Now you try to think about what that means .. Melee rush target point while ranged run AWAY from whatever point melee rush ..

I don't know if you ever played AB or objective based PvP but in case you did not: Stay NEAR the flag .. not +25yrd - +30yrd away (at which point you can't see the point and have ignored the objective) ..

You don't NEED to run into the caster backline, you just need to have them move a bit back and away from the flag ..

Normal AB: Caster back line can AE/Interrupt cap from +40yrd away and if with pet much further away.
    Brawl AB: Caster back line is rendered impotent of interrupting cap and have become a liability to objective defense.

Granted no team is 100% ranged (though I have been in more than one BG with +90% melee many times), the strategy against ranged has become much easier.

Imagine a Brawl concept that equally reduces attack range for RANGED as well as MELEE by xx%?

At the end of the day attack range was reduced JUST FOR RANGED ...

Suggestion: While attack range is reduced for ranged, reduce attack speed for melee by xx% .. Now lets see how you feel?

Its frigid cold right? That's why visibility is reduced right? So should attack speed go down!!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-04-09 at 01:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Your ignoring the fact that its objective based PvP .. Meaning you have point that needs to be captured and held .. Now you try to think about what that means .. Melee rush target point while ranged run AWAY from whatever point melee rush ..

I don't know if you ever played AB or objective based PvP but in case you did not: Stay NEAR the flag .. not +25yrd - +30yrd away (at which point you can't see the point and have ignored the objective) ..

You don't NEED to run into the caster backline, you just need to have them move a bit back and away from the flag ..

Normal AB: Caster back line can AE/Interrupt cap from +40yrd away and if with pet much further away.
    Brawl AB: Caster back line is rendered impotent of interrupting cap and have become a liability to objective defense.

Granted no team is 100% ranged (though I have been in more than one BG with +90% melee many times), the strategy against ranged has become much easier.

Imagine a Brawl concept that equally reduces attack range for RANGED as well as MELEE by xx%?

At the end of the day attack range was reduced JUST FOR RANGED ...

Suggestion: While attack range is reduced for ranged, reduce attack speed for melee by xx% .. Now lets see how you feel?

Its frigid cold right? That's why visibility is reduced right? So should attack speed go down!!
    Exactly, no team is 100% ranged. You're not at a disadvantage. If you do get a 100% caster team, then shit happens. Just like having a team with no healers. If melee are rushing into you, then your melee should kill the overextenders that are obviously out of the range of their healers by about a mile.

I wouldn't be so arrogant, nearly every thread you make makes me wonder even more if you actually play this game or not. My favourite one recently was "Are melee really melee?" it's a good laugh in the morning.

There's no anti-ranged conspiracy, you're probably just shit at it. May I recommend Demon Hunter? It's gotten pathetic, how do we know you don't just stand there holding down the S key whilst crying about dying to melee all the time?
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-04-09 at 03:25 PM.

Exactly, no team is 100% ranged. You're not at a disadvantage. If you do get a 100% caster team, then shit happens. Just like having a team with no healers. If melee are rushing into you, then your melee should kill the overextenders that are obviously out of the range of their healers by about a mile.

I wouldn't be so arrogant, nearly every thread you make makes me wonder even more if you actually play this game or not. My favourite one recently was "Are melee really melee?" it's a good laugh in the morning.

There's no anti-ranged conspiracy, you're probably just shit at it. May I recommend Demon Hunter? It's gotten pathetic, how do we know you don't just stand there holding down the S key whilst crying about dying to melee all the time?
    Wait you don't think this expansion is pro melee?! Hahaha .. and who is 'we' it's just you clearly mad and refusing to actually use thought instead of hate ..

And yes the game has made ranged less ranged-like by heavy pruning and reducing ability to stay at range and made melee more ranged-liked by giving them more gap closers (as well as more ranged abilities) than ranged have gap-makers ...

Then again you seem to be oblivious about objective based PvP dynamics AND have just outed yourself by stating Legion is not anti ranged ...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-04-09 at 08:49 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you don't think this expansion is pro melee?! Hahaha .. and who is 'we' it's just you clearly mad and refusing to actually use thought instead of hate ..

And yes the game has made ranged less ranged-like by heavy pruning and reducing ability to stay at range and made melee more ranged-liked by giving them more gap closers (as well as more ranged abilities) than ranged have gap-makers ...

Then again you seem to be oblivious about objective based PvP dynamics AND have just outed yourself by stating Legion is not anti ranged ...
    You seem oblivious to how a melee functions.

I've explained how PvP brawls aren't melee focused, but you're simply ignoring it because you want to blame the game for your problems as a player.

You'll never get good at the game with that mentality, the problem is you, not the game. Come back once you've grasped that fact.

I've explained how PvP brawls aren't melee focused, but you're simply ignoring it because you want to blame the game for your problems as a player.

You'll never get good at the game with that mentality, the problem is you, not the game. Come back once you've grasped that fact.
    You suffer from a logical fallacy seeing how your rebuttels are attacks on my character, motive, and skill, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. Thus you have lost.

This is a forum for sharing ideas and opinions, it is not at all mandatory that I agree with you nor you agree with me, and in such situation we attempt to put forward an argument that is not built on character attacks. If you have no such reply then do not reply. Your insistence on continuing to reply using attacks on everything other than the substance of the post, reveals you have no intention in contribute positively to these forums, at which point I would ask the moderators to lock the thread and deal with you.

Thanks
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-04-10 at 06:19 AM.

Your opponent was right, the fog favors melee.

You say "You know what happens if I run into the caster backline as a melee? My healers can't see me.", but it is the exact same for ranged. When a melee connects and they start kiting, they get out of range of their healers as much as a chasing melee gets out of his.

The fog shortens effective distance. Apart from shenanigans with pets that might sometimes skate around the mechanic, the reduction in distance favors the melee, period. (Think of the fog as a weaker version of stealth. You won't deny stealth favors melee, will you? Because without stealth, ranged can start shooting from afar and with stealth everyone can only start shooting when close - and that's why melee are balanced to hit harder, because they hit less often. It's the same here, just weaker.)

That said, I am not at all saying that this is some part of a grand plan on the side of Blizzard to prop melee. I am sure one of the brawls will favor ranged. All I am saying is that these brawls don't have a lot of thought put into it. Hence the weird effects - which I guess are part of the point with these brawls, but whatever, they all look meh to me (hey, let's make everyone 15x the normal size, it's going to be fuuuuuuuun! that's about the level of these brawls).
    Last edited by rda; 2017-04-10 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And that's no exaggeration.
    That would be a first for you.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

It's a brawl, it's not supposed to be super balanced or even fair. It's a fun thing to do for people who enjoy PvP.

If you don't enjoy it- don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    It's a brawl, it's not supposed to be super balanced or even fair. It's a fun thing to do for people who enjoy PvP.

A complicated concept for some of the people on MMO champ apparently.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly this ^

I don't really enjoy PVP but I had a laugh poking around in the brawl. It was fun to try something a little different. It obviously wasn't supposed to be strictly balanced or taken seriously but it was pretty funny. Why so srs?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

No problems with that.

My problem is that current PVP is shit and needs big changes, and that they aren't doing anything to fix it.

We have these brawls solely because all of them taken together take miniscule amount of dev time to do. That's it. If you enjoy them at the moment, great. That won't last because, well, current PVP is still shit and brawls fix nothing.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-04-10 at 08:51 AM.

No problems with that.

My problem is that current PVP is shit and needs big changes, and that they aren't doing anything to fix it.

We have these brawls solely because all of them taken together take miniscule amount of dev time to do. That's it. If you enjoy them at the moment, great. That won't last because, well, current PVP is still shit and brawls fix nothing.
    We have these brawls, because like many other things it was widely popular in another Blizzard game, in this case Heroes of the Storm.

I enjoy PvP and these are just a break from the norm and something fun and fresh to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not feel any difference to a standard arathi, except that the players seem to play more offensive because your sight is extremely restricted.
    However I loved the change they did with the "participation quest".
    The fact that you only have to participate 3 brawls and not WIN 3 brawls made a huge difference for me regarding my motivation to queue again.

How about the fact that it requires more team work? It is not as easy to call incs. Have to call them when the enemy is on top of you. Also have to continue to move forces from base to base without calling incs. Have to almost anticipate the next inc. I have been having a blast with this brawl and look forward to the next.

Don't enjoy it?

GET THE FUCK OUT.

You realise you can see clearly, and interrupt easily up to 40yrds in the brawl right? Ranged can chill back the exact same way they do in normal AB.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your opponent was right, the fog favors melee.

You say "You know what happens if I run into the caster backline as a melee? My healers can't see me.", but it is the exact same for ranged. When a melee connects and they start kiting, they get out of range of their healers as much as a chasing melee gets out of his.

The fog shortens effective distance. Apart from shenanigans with pets that might sometimes skate around the mechanic, the reduction in distance favors the melee, period. (Think of the fog as a weaker version of stealth. You won't deny stealth favors melee, will you? Because without stealth, ranged can start shooting from afar and with stealth everyone can only start shooting when close - and that's why melee are balanced to hit harder, because they hit less often. It's the same here, just weaker.)

That said, I am not at all saying that this is some part of a grand plan on the side of Blizzard to prop melee. I am sure one of the brawls will favor ranged. All I am saying is that these brawls don't have a lot of thought put into it. Hence the weird effects - which I guess are part of the point with these brawls, but whatever, they all look meh to me (hey, let's make everyone 15x the normal size, it's going to be fuuuuuuuun! that's about the level of these brawls).
    Maybe if you ever read the entire post for once, that situation would imply you have 100% ranged on your team.

If a melee is chasing you into oblivion a mile away from his healers, blame your team for not killing him.

Maybe if you ever read the entire post for once, that situation would imply you have 100% ranged on your team.

If a melee is chasing you into oblivion a mile away from his healers, blame your team for not killing him.
    What I said does not require AT ALL 100% ranged on my team.

It is a bit rich of you to suggest I didn't read something when you are talking complete nonsense.

I understand you hit 2.2k once three years ago, but from the level of cockiness you are displaying on the forum one would expect at least a named glad. I suggest you stop pretending you know it all and start paying attention to what others are saying. (And my ratings are better than yours, just so we are completely clear.)

Just give it some time. I prefer melee anyway, but it is not that unbalanced.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I said does not require AT ALL 100% ranged on my team.

It is a bit rich of you to suggest I didn't read something when you are talking complete nonsense.

I understand you hit 2.2k once three years ago, but from the level of cockiness you are displaying on the forum one would expect at least a named glad. I suggest you stop pretending you know it all and start paying attention to what others are saying. (And my ratings are better than yours, just so we are completely clear.)
    I don't give a fuck about your rating. I barely ever played arena, it's not a valid argument when it has nothing to do with fucking arena.

You're wrong in this regards, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

The fact you don't know how to kill an overextending melee who their healers cant even SEE is proof your rating means nothing here.

If a melee runs into your backline, they cannot be healed. If your team cannot kill him, then you and your team have issues.