Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People mostly play pretty races.

I think maybe a half human / half dragon would get a lot of people playing them.

Or perhaps a female ethereal

But hmm ogres? Probably not. Too ugly. Few would play them. And the sexy thin female ogre would not be a credible ogre.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    What's with this obsession over having a race of idiots? I mean, I get that's what the majority of people playing World of Warcraft can relate to (fat, dumb, ugly) but it's getting ridiculous.
    Straight fire here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Ogres to the Alliance!
    If they can make a good story out of I'd be interested to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    ogres to alliance would e fucking joke, some kind of revenge of the horde getting the elves, Prefer that they never become playable than make this shit happen

we need stop talking about this, since the devs are smocking some rly bad thing to write the lore, they actually can do this, because they will think is cool and edgy or whatever reasons
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-04-09 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    What's with this obsession over having a race of idiots? I mean, I get that's what the majority of people playing World of Warcraft can relate to (fat, dumb, ugly) but it's getting ridiculous.
    If you have seen Cho'gall i am pretty sure your fatter IRL.
    He has a full six pack.

And a race that survived past 3 wars and had there home world blown up and still have a decent number around cant really be that dumb in warfare.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-04-09 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    Since the Stonemaul Ogres are still officialy a faction in the Horde will there ever be a possibility for them to be playable race? High Elves are also a faction within the Alliance but they are exactly the same as Blood Elves with blue eyes so i can't really see them being playable for gameplay reasons and because Blood Elves can already get blue eyes as death knights so they become 100% High Elves. The main reason why the horde Ogres can't be playable is because of their models, and the funny thing is that its acctualy easier to design Female Ogres to be playable rather than Males as you see in this picture a very accurate representation of a female Ogre which has all the characteristics of the Warcraft male Ogres without being ugly. If they ever manage to do somethng with the male models but i can't really think of what they could do then they would be playable.

Kill this abomination with fire. Ogre look like ogre. Hopefully one day we'll get them in. I want an ogre lock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    He has a full six pack.

And a race that survived past 3 wars and had there home world blown up and still have a decent number around cant really be that dumb in warfare.
    Blame Blizzard they portrayed Ogres as two-dimensional idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ogres to alliance would e fucking joke, some kind of revenge of the horde getting the elves, Prefer that they never become playable than make this shit happen

we need stop talking about this, since the devs are smocking some rly bad thing to write the lore, they actually can do this, because they will think is cool and edgy or whatever reasons
    Nah, its a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    He has a full six pack.

Considering he's a fictional character, that's hardly surprising. Other races have suffered the same or worse but still managed to evolve their tactics, technology, etc. Ogres just try to smash everything they see.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if this is a good idea in the end, or if Blizzard would have the manpower to do something like this, but with the odds of Azeroth potentially being destroyed increasing (the Legion, but more likely the Old Gods/awakening of Azeroth herself), and the scenes in the comic that were teased right before the expansion showing an old Anduin leading a force made up of various races, there is a possibility that they could just throw open the doors to a bunch of races that have been common throughout the Warcraft story.

Races like Ogres, Naga, Murlocs, Ethereals etc. with the justification that we'd need all the help we could get to take the fight to the Legion/Old Gods/Void Lords and if the planet were to be destroyed or made inhabitable with the world-souls awakening, it could be a way to get some of those races included into the factions or game. Again, not sure if it makes sense or could be done but it was something I've been pondering as the story has been moving forward, largely because I really would love to have Ogres in as a playable race.

I don't have any interest in playing an ogre, but it wouldn't be all that crazy for them to be playable. I'd definitely prefer the females to look more like the males than like the picture the OP posted, though. Trolls, draenei, and orcs already fall into the trope of the males looking like monsters and the females looking like humans with body paint.

I thought so but in wod they missed the perfect oppertunity to introduce them

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    People mostly play pretty races.

I think maybe a half human / half dragon would get a lot of people playing them.

That is a human with a skin condition.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    That is a human with a skin condition.
    I believe that's what they call "Psoriasis".

Maybie Ogres could come as a neutral race, then you choose your faction. Ogres in Horde will be like your regular Ogres, in the Alliance, they will be Stormwind's shock troopers, dumb, but strong shocktroopers nonetheless. :/

As a side note, I don't understand the fuss with Ogres, ah that's because they are huge. If anything, I would like new races *smaller* than Humans, Humans are not a small race, lots of race *including* playable races should be smaller.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-04-10 at 02:44 AM. Reason: IF anything Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Maybie Ogres could come as a neutral race, then you choose your faction. Ogres in Horde will be like your regular Ogres, in the Alliance, they will be Stormwind's shock troopers, dumb, but strong shocktroopers nonetheless. :/

As a side note, I don't understand the fuss with Ogres, ah that's because they are huge. In anything, I would like new races *smaller* than Humans, Humans are not a small race, lots of race *including* playable races should be smaller.
    If Ogres went to the Alliance, the Horde race could be a small one. As if is now, the Horde/Alliance size ratio tips largely to the Horde.

If Ogres went to the Alliance, the Horde race could be a small one. As if is now, the Horde/Alliance size ratio tips largely to the Horde.
    If I understood you right, let's begin to say that I have nothing against Horde being taller than Alliance races.

Just that Humans are somewhat a small race at the moment, only a few races are smaller, definetly not alright in my book.

Ogres would again be a race taller than humans, I want new races smaller than humans for a change, instead of

"which overtaller race could we imagine to introduce in WoW now? Let's see. Playable dinosaurus! But those averaging 20 feet tall at least."
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    If I understood you right, let's begin to say that I have nothing against Horde being taller than Alliance races.

Just that Humans are somewhat a small race at the moment, only a few races are smaller, definetly not alright in my book.

Ogres would again be a race taller than humans, I want new races smaller than humans for a change, instead of

"which overtaller race could we imagine to introduce in WoW now? Let's see. Playable dinosaurus! But those averaging 20 feet tall at least."
    ^^
    Well for one, there is nothing that says we ahve to have smaller races, secondly Humans are slightly smaller than middle of the pack as far as body mass goes.So they definitely aren't "tiny."

As far as height for Ogres goes, some are around the height of Humans, while others certainly are massive. We could just go with one of the smaller clans.

Well for one, there is nothing that says we ahve to have smaller races, secondly Humans are slightly smaller than middle of the pack as far as body mass goes.So they definitely aren't "tiny."

As far as height for Ogres goes, some are around the height of Humans, while others certainly are massive. We could just go with one of the smaller clans.
    I always envisioned Ogres being massive and taller than humans personally. Small Ogres would not be alright imo, because imo being taller and massive is the point. So I guess that Ogres could be implemented, and alas this would be yet again another race taller and bigger than humans.^^

there is nothing that says we ahve to have smaller races
    Of course, generally speaking people actually want taller races than the average human for the most part.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you want a taller race take the vrykul, those make way more sense, and would fit much more to alliance than ogres

and the horde don't wanna or need a small race, we have goblins and they are barely played, we don't need Homogenize the factions, they are different, for different tastes and should stay like that, we already have belfs and worgens to make things different, and thats enough