Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I usually dream about being born a few hundred or thousand years into the future in the hope that we will be a little less primitive.
    The carefulness of "where to do it so I don't time travel into a cement wall", so you pick a low enough mountain top/hill top... to the entire world on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Trump is a Zionist, so he must be goyimphobic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Trump is a symptom of the problem, not the cause. A cyst is a symptom of an infection.
    I'd label Trump more as the result rather than symptom
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Does that count for muslims too? Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists tend to be muslims.
    Yea for me it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the blame is to be put on the media. They never show the positive side of anything, it's always negative. They give too much attention to the terrorists and the rest of the bad people in the world and not enough to the good, decent people. This results in people making up a stereotype and developing a phobia because of what the media shows them.

Trump just took that to his advantage and he used it. Seemed liked it worked out pretty well too because he is now our president. Just shows how selfish and narrow minded people can be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

Being against affirmative action is the logical course for a white supremacist.
    Any sane person would be against AA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Any sane person would be against AA.
    So the people who formulated AA are insane? Not following your logic here.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

how was the increased measured?

I would say it's more people blowing shit up, driving over citizens, setting off pressure cookers, than an angry cheeto that would increase xenophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    The increase in xenophobia is directly linked to the increase in media/news consumption. Sensationalist headlines and acts of terrorism anywhere in the world get more attention than happy/feel good stories, so they are given more and more time. It makes the world seem more dangerous and horrible than it is. When people are frightened, their empathy decreases and they become more fixated on protecting themselves and those like them.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Deleted
    Where the fuck were you all when Obama was in office? If someone is responsible for people not accepting each other based on skin color, it's Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, Trump is not to blame for people noticing xenophobia more. He just brought more attention to the fact that it has existed and will continue to exist long after we are all dead.

He is, he's supposed to be an example. Do you think he's a positive or a negative example?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

It's funny to see people crying about xenophobia in the west. Try India, Asian, or African countries to see some real xenophobia.

Asians are some of the most racist people but no one seems to care really. It can only be the evil white man apparently.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-04-10 at 04:12 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    He is, he's supposed to be an example. Do you think he's a positive or a negative example?
    He still is NOT the reason for more xenophobia. He merely brought it out in the open and did exactly what the Liberals do all the time. Said it was alright to be that way and that nobody can tell you not to be that way. If the liberals can do it for their pet projects, why can't the conservatives?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    He still is NOT the reason for more xenophobia. He merely brought it out in the open and did exactly what the Liberals do all the time. Said it was alright to be that way and that nobody can tell you not to be that way. If the liberals can do it for their pet projects, why can't the conservatives?
    Everybody's fault except for theirs. I thought conservatives were supposed to be for personal responsibility.

Xenophobia was already there. Trump probably just made it so that people felt they could act upon it and be proud of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    It's funny to see people crying about xenophobia in the west. Try India, Asian, or African countries to see some real xenophobia.

Asians are some of the most racist people but no one seems to care really. It can only be the evil white man apparently.
    Asians get called out all the time for their racism. But guess what? Americans are able to influence Americans.

I guess we don't need to worry about crime too. Somalia has a horrible crime rate, so why should we care about ours?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Everybody's fault except for theirs. I thought conservatives were supposed to be for personal responsibility.
    The thing is, xenophobia was around LONG before liberals and conservatives in this country. You can't blame it on someone who merely brought attention to it. Xenophobia exists all over the world.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

yes Trump is at fault for everything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Where the fuck were you all when Obama was in office? If someone is responsible for people not accepting each other based on skin color, it's Obama.
    Try the founding fathers. Racial animus has existed since the Deep Southern Slave Lords stepped foot in Charleston, South Carolina from Barbados. This ideology and way of life has meandered and amended its way to today's modern conservative ideology espoused by Goldwater, Buckley, et al. Federal nullification and white supremacy.

- - - Updated - - -

how was the increased measured?

I would say it's more people blowing shit up, driving over citizens, setting off pressure cookers, than an angry cheeto that would increase xenophobia.
    A review of all law enforcement accounts of the crimes across the US. No, it's the same ignorance as immigration waves in US history.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

It's quite plausible that racists are emboldened by those in power preaching their views. So an increase in xenophobia following Trump's election points to Trump.