Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The internet overhypes things. The game is great. It's not perfect, and it has it's problems, but it's worth playing.
    Yeah but is it worth the 60-90 bucks it costs? I mean I couldn't play single player for over a week because of a bug, and there are a fuckton of other game breaking bugs that I luckily never ran into. Don't get me wrong even with the bugs and the cringe moments and other moments that bring you out of the game I still enjoy the game but lets face it, they rushed this shit out. Its the worst game in the series and the only thing it arguably does better is the jumpjets in combat, but that ended up making cover shitter and less effective and make some specs less effective than those that are more mobile.

Imo anyone who hasn't gotten the game yet needs to wait to purchase it till they fix most of the bugs. I assume EA is at fault for releasing such a buggy game(as well as the me3 ending) and they need to learn people aren't going to put up with this shit of waiting for 2-4 patches in a single player game before its in an acceptable state.

[QUOTE=prwraith;45327743]I'm a little annoyed by the end of the game you don't find out who killed Jan garson, who the benefactor is, what grand plan the benefactor had, other than re-seeding humanity

Reyes is the illegitimate son of the Illusive Man and he killed her.

Also has anyone gotten Jaals friend that sends her kids running goods for the resistant to sell them anything? She just keeps telling me she might if I take out the Khett base on the south road, cleared the whole zone and even went back to respawn camps just to be sure it wasn't some little shit she was talking about and she still says the same thing.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2017-04-11 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That is utter bullshit because they have emphasized time and again that this isn't the start of a new trilogy. Like literally every other interview Mac Walters did since they started dropping details on the game... "This is a standalone game..." "This isn't the start of a new trilogy..." "This game has a different structure than the Commander Sheppard trilogy where each game built upon the last..." Etc.

Not to mention that even if it was the start of a trilogy, that is a shit argument... "Its ok if the story is garbage guys... Its just the first game! We just need to pay them $360 for the games and all their DLC over the next half decade to get the full experience and then it will be good!"
    The game may not be part of a trilogy, with it lays the foundation for any Mass Effect game to come. They can't go to Milky Way after ME3 ending, so they had to lay out practically all of the setting again, with just soem basic concept taken from the OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Drack is going to be a Great Granddad. and in the dialog all of Kesh's eggs are healthy. soo 1000+ krogan babies incoming. unless she didn't lay that many.

think Drack may be the oldest Krogan? Okeer was over 1k years old as well but didnt seem as "weathered"
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

That is utter bullshit because they have emphasized time and again that this isn't the start of a new trilogy. Like literally every other interview Mac Walters did since they started dropping details on the game... "This is a standalone game..." "This isn't the start of a new trilogy..." "This game has a different structure than the Commander Sheppard trilogy where each game built upon the last..." Etc.

Not to mention that even if it was the start of a trilogy, that is a shit argument... "Its ok if the story is garbage guys... Its just the first game! We just need to pay them $360 for the games and all their DLC over the next half decade to get the full experience and then it will be good!"
    It might not be for a trilogy at all. There's always a possibility of a quadrilogy or pentalogy. And, better to say something is standalone and then have it balloon into something bigger than say it's a trilogy from the start and not have enough material on hand to actually make up for that statements.

I also don't really see how it's a "shit" story, considering an alien race of reapers that for whatever reason come to fuck things up every 50k years isn't all that much better.

After reading all the reviews and such, I thought this would be a massive let down, but hey low and behold, it's actually pretty good. Not amazing, but a good 8/10 so far.
    I really should stop judging games before I play them.

Actually he only said this at the start. They even put emphasis that Ryder wouldn't be the protagonist in future games set in the Andromeda universe. But then later changed their tune, saying that Ryder may or may not be the protagonist of future games. That it depended on how well was Ryder received, that the story wasn't set in stone.

That's a very cynical way to look at it, and way to put words in my mouth that I never said.

first off, the story is not "garbage". Must we come back to this? I said the story wasn't as good as that of the original trilogy. This doesn't mean its "garbage" as you put it. "Return of the Jedi" wasn't as good as "Empire Strikes Back". It had a lower box office performance, and a lower critical reception, because it just wasn't as good as its predecessor. Does this mean "Return of the Jedi" was a garbage movie that flopped? not at all. It was still a pretty good movie, it just wasn't as good as the predecessor, no more, no less.

The story in andromeda is smaller in scope, its not as epic, and part of the reason for that, is because on top of having to tell its own story, it also had to lay the foundations for every other story to come later on, both in DLC, and in full games. On top of the genre being different (Andromeda no longer being a Space Opera Epic, and being more along the lines of Space Western Adventure. So..... basically going from Star Wars, to Firefly) which created different expectations.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account

That isn't actually what they've said. Not being the start of a planned trilogy doesn't mean there won't be sequels if EA considers it a good financial move to do so. Ultimately that's all that matters for whether there'll be any more.

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/...14282161274882

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teishou View Post
    It might not be for a trilogy at all. There's always a possibility of a quadrilogy or pentalogy. And, better to say something is standalone and then have it balloon into something bigger than say it's a trilogy from the start and not have enough material on hand to actually make up for that statements.

I also don't really see how it's a "shit" story, considering an alien race of reapers that for whatever reason come to fuck things up every 50k years isn't all that much better.
    Right, the actual plot to the OT wasn't anything special. What was special were all the little moments (like Sovereign on Virmire, or Legion sacrificing himself on Rannoch) and all the characters we met along the way.

I think Andromeda made a good start in that regard. It feels like the beginning of the next grand Mass Effect adventure.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    That is utter bullshit because they have emphasized time and again that this isn't the start of a new trilogy.
    Like when they explicitly stated that there won't be a A, B or C ending that you just pick between in ME3.

Can people stop trusting anyone working for EA already? This is going to be another cashgrab or they wouldnt launch us into a whole new galaxy. We would play as one of the random yaahoos while Shepard goes MIA or something.

I am a little saddened by Biotics, i used to play Adept in ME2/3, but it just feels so weak here, had much better succes with a Tech build. Pull / Throw does look fun in a wide open space though.

Do you usually go with several favourite switchings in combat? I feel like i am penalized too much for switching rapidly. I ended the game with a infiltrator / soldier build, snipe when far away and then go ham with soldier and a shotgun, but for biotics where i'd like more than 3 skills, the enforced cooldown seems so long, when i used to have 5 or 6 skills availible in previous games.

Overall i enjoyed the game, skipped quite a few of the "Pick up / find 6 items" quests, might do a more complete NG+ after more patches, have had some wonky issues with models getting stuck, NPCs just floating away etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    After reading all the reviews and such, I thought this would be a massive let down, but hey low and behold, it's actually pretty good. Not amazing, but a good 8/10 so far.
    I really should stop judging games before I play them.
    Like some of us mentioned previously in this thread, the game is good. It lacks polish and has a bunch of technical issues, but its a solid game. I think a 7 or 8/10 is an accurate rating for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SaneyBoo View Post
    I am a little saddened by Biotics, i used to play Adept in ME2/3, but it just feels so weak here, had much better succes with a Tech build. Pull / Throw does look fun in a wide open space though.

Do you usually go with several favourite switchings in combat? I feel like i am penalized too much for switching rapidly. I ended the game with a infiltrator / soldier build, snipe when far away and then go ham with soldier and a shotgun, but for biotics where i'd like more than 3 skills, the enforced cooldown seems so long, when i used to have 5 or 6 skills availible in previous games.

Overall i enjoyed the game, skipped quite a few of the "Pick up / find 6 items" quests, might do a more complete NG+ after more patches, have had some wonky issues with models getting stuck, NPCs just floating away etc.
    Biotics are super strong. Tech might do my damage, but Biotics gives you battlefield control. I upgraded my Annihilation field to Lift unshielded enemies and maxed out its radius. It takes a lot of enemies out of the fight completely.

As for profiles, I really only used 2. I had one for Remnants (Sentinel- Overload/Incinerate/Backlash) and one for everything else (Vanguard - Charge, Annihilation, Turbocharge).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun with the game I beat it after a week, that ending hints at a sequel or least some DLC, i went with Vetra for the romance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to regret going logical/professional for dialogue in my NG+.

Casual/Empathetic is so much more entertaining.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Also. Had fun going adept and using singularity. Throw and charge. Made use if alot of out of pitfalls to take care of alot of Non shielded stuff

I haven't tried empathetic yet, but the sarcasm lines are brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account
    So there is a theory about who the father of Vetra is. https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ras_father_is/

I don't really see to many spoilers but don't read it if you care about such things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

I went Casual > Emotional > Professional > Logical (with a few minor exceptions where it seemed to fit more). Super Casual Ryder is way more endearing to me than Shepard. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I went Casual > Emotional > Professional > Logical (with a few minor exceptions where it seemed to fit more). Super Casual Ryder is way more endearing to me than Shepard. =)
    Have yet to play Scott Ryder, but Casual/Emotional Sara Ryder is to me, the second best Bioware protagonist ever. Right after Sarcastic Hawke.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneyBoo View Post

I've always been a tech guy but biotics are strong in this game. I don't think you can sit back and just sling sci-fi magic missile but biotic combos do a crazy amount of direct and collateral damage.

I don't anything about long range biotic use except pull/throw is fun. Mid/close range biotic use is awesome though. Annihilation, charge, lance, every thing better be running from you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    So Drack is going to be a Great Granddad. and in the dialog all of Kesh's eggs are healthy. soo 1000+ krogan babies incoming. unless she didn't lay that many.

think Drack may be the oldest Krogan? Okeer was over 1k years old as well but didnt seem as "weathered"
    And i keep wondering what would happen if Drack or some Urdnot clan memeber would mention Wrex (and how awesome - or not he is). Becasue we know by the time when MEA starts Wrex is already a leader of Tuchanka,,