Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    How could you forgot to mention my boy Kharazim?!
    He's such a badass that he is like a blur when going in and out of melee, so what you see on the front lines is just your own imagination. ;-P

While we're talking about Uther, anyone else remember back when he could use all of his abilities while his trait was active and could just walk into the enemy core and finish it off by himself, with absolutely no counterplay? Some of the balancing in the beta was incredibly silly. I guess that's why it was the beta, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't change him that much, his playtstyle and main build wasn't really changed.

With nerfs to Diablo and Tyrande, it was the meta shift that killed him. It went from CC and burst combos to long brawly fights. He is god at dealing with burst, but his long cooldowns limit him in dealing with sustain damage.
    I used to play a Tankther before they removed the talent which increased the healing he took. With him healing himself, ad another healing he was very hard to kill and he could lock people down with his stun and auto attack reducing the stun cd...I did not play a conventional Uther.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I used to play a Tankther before they removed the talent which increased the healing he took. With him healing himself, ad another healing he was very hard to kill and he could lock people down with his stun and auto attack reducing the stun cd...I did not play a conventional Uther.
    Well, it seems you like to explore all kinds of quirky builds.

Here are some changes mentioned by Dunktrain and Bakery on Townhall Heroes:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...uther_changes/

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems you like to explore all kinds of quirky builds.

Here are some changes mentioned by Dunktrain and Bakery on Townhall Heroes:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...uther_changes/
    I play some awkward builds. My Li Li is more like a ranged tank than a healer. Honestly I like to challenge the game by trying to make inventive builds, which is one of the reasons I love Li Li because she can do so much, heal, do damage and even tank some herself. Honestly I am kind of scared if they mess with her.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

http://heroes.blizzplanet.com/blog/c...-2-0-summit-qa

A little Q&A by one of the attendants of the summit.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    http://heroes.blizzplanet.com/blog/c...-2-0-summit-qa

A little Q&A by one of the attendants of the summit.
    Wait, there's some talk about fragmenting in there. Can it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Wait, there's some talk about fragmenting in there. Can it be?
    What's fragments for those who aren't that familiar in other moba's

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    At least he will be more playable than he currently is. I was fine with him not being the best of the best when it came to healing, but oh boy, his damage numbers when compared to pretty much every other Support is completely atrocious, despite being among the two only melee Supports along with Rehgar. Ever since Malfurion got his rework ages ago, there has been a bit of a power creep going on among Supports, but Uther has not changed a lot in terms of power since then. He got new talents, sure, but in the grand scale of things, he is pretty much the same power wise while other Supports have managed to find their niches that work in the meta.

It also doesn't help that Malfurion has been pretty much the top Support since his rework, having a ridiculous amount of tools, and also an ultimate that competes with Divine Storm, while still being able to put out more than enough healing for the job. Plus, you really only pick Uther for Divine Shield, so if Divine Shield falls off the meta, he no longer has a place as a Support pick, since DStorm makes Uther no longer function as a solo Support (not to mention that he is not popular enough in duo Support comps). I can count on one hand where I have seen Uther being played when doing Hero League this season and one of them was me playing him just to see if he was sufficient enough to do the job, which he was not in the end.

If they can make the guy tankier with some actual damage, that will at least be a step in the right direction.
    I've been putting in a lot of time in Uther lately and I mostly agree with your statement. His damage is mostly not there unless you pick up the fire aura talent and/or holy shock but then you are giving up on spell shield and shrink ray. I don't exactly agree on the divine shield part. While I agree that divine shield is a great talent but if you happen to get stuck with a team with little or no CC divine storm can be a big help in that department. I can agree in an ideal team where CC part should already be covered by a non-support divine shield is probably your better pick.

I have been trying many different builds with Uther. I like him for the most part because there is nothing fancy with him. You kind of get what you expect. That being said I do agree his sustain isn't that great unless you are picking up all his healing talents at which point by the end he does catch up a little bit but early on his healing is really lacklustre. One of the things I like about him is his versatility. If you are dealing with someone high burst he of course has things like righteous defense, divine shield, and/or holy shock + benediction. If you are dealing with more sustain you have harden focus (my only gripe is that this comes late). Your team low on CC? Pick up the fist of justice and/or divine storm. Need a cleanse? Got that covered. Need some extra damage? Fire Aura and Holy Shock can help.

The one talent that I come back to a lot is holy shock. I know this is giving up shrink ray which is also a nice talent but I find holy shock more versatile. Before going into a team fight you can juice up your next holy light by 50% if you use it offensively first. This way your first heal is going to heal 1.1K+ then you can benediction for an offensive holy shock then use another juiced up holy light for 1.1K+ again. That is some huge burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What's fragments for those who aren't that familiar in other moba's
    It's their name for "disenchanting", if you're familiar with the term in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially, talk of "disenchanting" or "fragmenting", means that you will be able to destroy/let go of items from loot boxes you do not want, to convert them into shards to buy something else with them.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially, talk of "disenchanting" or "fragmenting", means that you will be able to destroy/let go of items from loot boxes you do not want, to convert them into shards to buy something else with them.
    Ah that's good so more rewarding for those who play a lot, hopefully skins are including in there

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ah that's good so more rewarding for those who play a lot, hopefully skins are including in there
    If it happens, it would be wildly awesome. I would also be concerned about Blizzard: it's a massive let go of money for them if they do that.

I would also be concerned about Blizzard: it's a massive let go of money for them if they do that.
    this new loot system will make them so so so much more money vs the current system, I really wouldn't be worrying about them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    this new loot system will make them so so so much more money vs the current system, I really wouldn't be worrying about them lol
    Care to elaborate on that? How exactly does this make them more money?

Care to elaborate on that? How exactly does this make them more money?
    how does a system that encourages players to gamble with lots and lots of small purchases (loot boxes) while preventing players from being able to buy exactly what they want directly make more money vs direct purchases?

how does a system that disconnects the currency you spend (irl cash) vs the currency you buy things with (gems) make more money?

do you think overwatch makes more money than hots currently?

Heroes timeline announcement today, best guesses is that it's a developer update that shows the progression of where heroes was to where heroes is now and possibly into the future.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    how does a system that encourages players to gamble with lots and lots of small purchases (loot boxes) while preventing players from being able to buy exactly what they want directly make more money vs direct purchases?

how does a system that disconnects the currency you spend (irl cash) vs the currency you buy things with (gems) make more money?

do you think overwatch makes more money than hots currently?
    Oh, I haven't even thought of buying loot chests, that's why it did not occur to me. It's completely out of the picture for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Heroes timeline announcement today, best guesses is that it's a developer update that shows the progression of where heroes was to where heroes is now and possibly into the future.
    Seriously can't wait for Monday and next hero reveal.

Seriously can't wait for Monday and next hero reveal.
    Same! It's going to be a good month
    I am the lucid dream

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they have that. I already have most heroes, and I have absolutely no interest in most of the ones I do not yet have(Medivh, Morales, Vikings...) so most heroes from the chest will already be shards, be nice to convert the ones that aren't to shards as well. Same with mounts, I have pretty much all the mounts I want already, the ones I'm missing are things like the Champion banner mounts that I absolutely do not want, so being able to convert stuff like that to shards is a win as well. Then there's sprays and emojis, and fuck all those, I'd rather have shards. I hope they add this feature indeed.

Deleted
    Afaik, the 'disenchanting' is an automatic process only for duplicates and can not be manually initiated.