I actually hope they leave the the visible ring on Lucio or at least make it a toggleable option. It was nice playing a DPS character and seeing his ring. I thought to myself, "go there for healing." Plus I have zero idea how large of a radius 10m is, not a clue, so it's really helpful to me.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

i got impatient and bought 24 loot boxes and got lucky and got all but 3 of the new skins, 2 of the new intros and a bunch of the new sprays and voice lines. not a bad haul at all..
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    I actually hope they leave the the visible ring on Lucio or at least make it a toggleable option. It was nice playing a DPS character and seeing his ring. I thought to myself, "go there for healing." Plus I have zero idea how large of a radius 10m is, not a clue, so it's really helpful to me.
    My only issue is that it stays on his corpse.

So at a glance, it LOOKS like Lucio is still in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My only issue is that it stays on his corpse.

So at a glance, it LOOKS like Lucio is still in that area.
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that. It would be better if the ring went away on his death. Maybe that's a bug or an oversight on Blizzard's part.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

I am tempted to get the reinhardt skin and maybe 1 other one
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    yep, im fucked this season.
    after a massive losing streak down to 2293.

i still cannot understand how people dont understand that flaming will automatically result in a loss.
    either because someone will eventually start throwing because of how angry the player got, or because everyone cant really focus anymore resulting in bad play.
    just had a match with someone completely throwing the game because he wanted our tracer to switch while she was doing absolutely fine.

we almost won the first round, but naaaah, "FUCK THIS TRACER! IM NOT TANKING ANYMORE!" switches to junkrat and jumps around the map while flaming the chat.
    tracer leaves, everyone else right after.

then im lonely standing there for half a minute trying to realize what the hell just happened.
    the enemy team repeatedly asked me to leave, i just waited for the penalty timer to finish and left the game.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Turned on the Overwatch Pit Championship (never really watch tournaments normally) only to see Mercy on both teams on king of the hill!

I've told people for a year that Mercy is great on KotH and people never listened, I wonder if this will finally get people to rethink it...

So happy to not see a single Ana on either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, faced my first "boosted" enemy team.

They had a Widowmaker player essentially carrying the entire team. Evidently
    the WM was a Master ranked player.

That was a really bad game. The Mercy kept on boosting her, and if we tried to
    make swarm tanks (Winston or D.V.A.) to get the jump on her, her team would
    just swarm around her to protect her.

Is that not a form of cheating? Cause it is unfair as fuck to run into that.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-04-15 at 06:26 AM.

Of course it's not cheating, it's smurfing.

Eventually that guy will have too high of an MMR to continue doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Of course it's not cheating, it's smurfing.

Eventually that guy will have too high of an MMR to continue doing that.
    To be fair, it's bad form for a host of reasons; they deliberately drop their rank by ruining matches for people (and not friends, usually), just so they can "crush" the lower-ranks. If they get up too high again, they'll crash their rating again by throwing games. It ends up meaning that they're abusing the ranking system to ruin matches for other players.

Frankly, it SHOULD be a reportable offense, and the kind of thing that permabans an account if they determine that they've got another "main" account. I don't have a problem with alternate accounts, I have a problem with smurfing, just to be clear. Nor is it an issue with them getting placed in Gold with their new account and rapidly rising because they're really good; that's the rating system working, I'm only talking if they take measures to maintain their artificially low rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, it's bad form for a host of reasons; they deliberately drop their rank by ruining matches for people (and not friends, usually), just so they can "crush" the lower-ranks. If they get up too high again, they'll crash their rating again by throwing games. It ends up meaning that they're abusing the ranking system to ruin matches for other players.

Frankly, it SHOULD be a reportable offense, and the kind of thing that permabans an account if they determine that they've got another "main" account. I don't have a problem with alternate accounts, I have a problem with smurfing, just to be clear. Nor is it an issue with them getting placed in Gold with their new account and rapidly rising because they're really good; that's the rating system working, I'm only talking if they take measures to maintain their artificially low rank.
    If they're actually throwing games to get that low then yeah that's an issue, those are fairly rare though and people just assume they're that typeof smurf automatically as some kind of excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the "new" way of eliminating ties is...interesting.

Also hilarious because Winston just jumps on the point and BAM-game over.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Can't you just do the same thing then?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

makes you wonder if blizzard devs even have half a brain making these changes... what a joke.

Deleted
    Blizzard devs, kappa.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

But you can a) do the same when you're attacking, and/or b) keep at least one person on the point to contest.
    If you can't do that and yet the enemy team can, then you deserve to lose, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    But you can a) do the same when you're attacking, and/or b) keep at least one person on the point to contest.
    I thought their original way was better. Whoever does it faster/held the point longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of progress counting, but I wish it went off of full saved ticks rather than actual max percentage. It feels a little cheesey when we defend first, they fight normally and get like 4%, and then on our turn we just send a Sombra back there and she gets 5% and we win without even fighting for it. Yes, they could have done the same and yes it's their fault for not leaving someone on the point, but that doesn't really make it feel any less gimmicky.

I mean, I'll take the win but I feel like the way it's done is just asking for some goofy gameplay. If they had done it with full, saved ticks the it's more a matter of playing normally and whichever team got closer wins, so you don't draw when you fought hard and got 2/3 ticks while the enemy barely touched the point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    If you can't do that and yet the enemy team can, then you deserve to lose, no?
    1. It's sometimes bugged even if the entire team is on the point, the enemy will still get the cap.
    2. It's still unfair to force your team to camp the point because maps aren't designed to be fought on it, but rather the choke point before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Can't you just do the same thing then?
    Most of the times its because the team attacking actually won, capped at a much faster time. The team that did it faster then just has to touch the point to verify that they won. No issue with this.