Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Trump is good if you want to learn the basics of HS. I watched him a lot early on, and will say he helped me become much better in Arena. If you want to learn about things like card value, efficient trading, building a curve, etc. Trump's the guy to watch.

He's nowhere near the upper echelon of players. I don't think he's ever even finished top 10 in a ladder season(correct me if I'm wrong). He hasn't come close to winning any major tournaments unless you count the super early ESL days around 2013/2014 when there were only like 5 pro players.

There are waaay better players out there to watch and that has reflected on his Twitch viewership. He used to be in the 20k+ range but now he's in the 5-7k ish range. He's amusing but not as entertaining as others, he's a decent player but nowhere near as good as others.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Rate Trump as a Hearthstone player. Should I be listening to his advices?
    Do you regularly hit legend?

If yes, then he is not the best out there.

If no, then you could likely learn a lot about value and appropriate play from him.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is one of the best players in the world so why not.

Deleted
    I never watch streams of HS players unless you count the recorded YT video's as 'stream'. That said, I do like Trumps videos although I agree with some of the people here that he sometimes overanalyzes stuff and is really slow in making decisions. He's certainly not a bad player and can teach everyone a thing or too. But he sometimes misses the bat so hard by saying some cards suck while they are really good. For instance; he rates the Rogue quest 1 star saying it's not good etc. Yet he gets rekt by it over and over again even with his "Handlock" counterdeck.

Not saying the other HS players are any better to watch though. I mean, Amaz is always yelling and screaming, Thijs usually saying "guys this, guys that" and gets lucky. Noxious is funny with his out of the box thinking but I can never take serious. Kolento is skilled but sometimes hard to follow. Savjz.. (or whatever he's called) I just don't like that guy.. dunno why.

The only HS videos I watch a lot are those from Kripp. Mainly because he gets so salty and resembles my play style. I myself can get rather salty as well with this RNG fest of a game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I don't think he's ever even finished top 10 in a ladder season(correct me if I'm wrong).
    95th in Nov '14.
    19th in May '15.
    23rd in Dec '16.

No source but I have the stats on my comp. Also they are only for the name "Trump" and there is more than one Trump out there.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-04-15 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't watch streams, his YouTube videos I find pretty entertaining and informative, and his editor is great. Sure he's had some famously wrong predictions, but he's usually pretty accurate, and the way he rates cards is sensible and a lot of work is put into it.
    I always respected Trump and my aggro shaman was directly copied from his deck (it's awesome).
    I think he is pretty good and lovable.

BUT after seeing this video Trump was mocked and completely made fun off by Amaz xDDDD
    I know he was just joking around and it was day 1 of the expansion so basically everything was pure predictions but Godam was it funny. Ahah

Trump even said in one of his videos "after the Amaz duel i can never see this card the same way. F0rever scarred"
    Pure Gold Spoilers Amaz won 5-0

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-04-15 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    He is one of the best players in the world so why not.
    He's really not. He's one of the more popular streamers(still in quite a large decrease), but his play-style is outdated and there are very many better players in both Arena and Constructed.

It hurts to see Trump's plays sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    He's really not. He's one of the more popular streamers(still in quite a large decrease), but his play-style is outdated and there are very many better players in both Arena and Constructed.

It hurts to see Trump's plays sometimes.
    Yep he's still all about "value" but really Hearthstone is a tempo driven game now. In the early days of HS sure it was value based but now its all about getting board early and putting pressure. Trump is still too reckless with his life total and too greedy with how he plays his cards, so yeah he'll have a massive card advantage but it doesn't mean anything when he's sitting at less then 10 HP and a full opponent's board.

I used to like his free to play journey, bit of shame to tune and see he is doing a new one with Quest Rogue.... It's not even that it's quest rogue he is just taking a tried and tested deck (with 2 legendaries) and doing nothing innovative.

This "discussion" is a joke. Perhaps, if you don't like the guy's personality, it's simply a matter of opinion and not a personal flaw of Trump's. He is a very nice guy, never complains about RNG (fuck you Kripp), and understnds the game for what it is. He's analytical but fun, and way better at the game than people on this forum, I'd bet on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    As a streamer wastes too much time stuttering and stalling. Too slow for me sorry.
    I don't mind some analytical stuff, but a lot of Trump's just goes on without any real intent. It's why I much prefer Krip, whose other commentary is more sensible and reasoned in most cases.

That said, I'd watch Trump for days before I watched Amaz for a minute. Someone jumping around like a fucking Duracell bunny on a Jolly Rancher IV drip just makes me want to puke.

I suppose the lesson is that good players don't necessarily make good streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering he said that Dr Boom wasn't going to see much play and has been wrong about a number of other cards since then, I wouldn't listen to a word that windbag says.
    All the top streamers are wrong about big cards, almost every expansion. There's so many videos of it.

HS's meta is really hard to predict, there's a lot of moving parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.