Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Finally did it after way too many tries, doing it without having slept properly and goofing around isnt ideal :S

As a fury warrior with 895 gear (Gronntooth) otherwise 898 gear with CoF, things i can say, at the kill had 986K DPS, had higher ones but wiped at 1-10% by my stupidity wayyy too many times.

You need a passive AOE trinket, i have Terrorbound Nexus (Scales with all your haste buffs, ends up proccing wayy too many times, did 35m during my kill) a good skorp trinket works also, wiped at 0.5% with wearing both Nexus and Skorp trinket instead of Gronn or CoF.

Spiced Wildfowl Omelet is a must, unless you are 910 + equipped or something then its overkill but its a must overall, the 10% Haste is broken.
    I gotta say using heirloom trinket is probably the best advice out of anything in this entire thread for Fury Warriors (and maybe prot-warrior too). I might give this a go again even though I didn't plan on putting effort into the non-prot challenge skins.

The Spiced Wildfowl Omelet concerns me that it might not be "intended gameplay". *Scratch that it's definitely not intended, enjoy it while you can.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-04-14 at 08:41 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think to defeat that ugly old hag you need a Combination of Gear and managing your Procs, CDs and resources.

I did it today as a 907 Fire Mage.

Legendarys i used:
    Dragons Breath Helm
    - very good aoe damage and interrupt. either use it on the Umbral Imps to get the immune shield down quickly or if Ice nova breaks on the heal imps you can interrupt their cast and they will attack you instead.

Prydaz
    - just for the sake of survivability. I guess you could use Bracers instead of Prydaz for a dps increase but that means a lot more movement and potentially interrupting your cast to move which is quite a big dps loss.

Trinkets:
    Krosus Trinket
    - always kept it for the Umbral Imps. After the second wave of Imps the timing is a bit off but it still makes things a lot easier
    Whispers
    - Well, just hoping for good procs and in some trys this thing really screwed me over. Guess Metronome is also a solid choice

Talents:
    1. Conflagration
    2. Shimmer (in combination with cauterizing blink a good selfheal and a great way to dodge the boulders)
    3. Mirror Images (i felt like RoP can be good in some sitations like getting Umbral and Heal imps down quickly but the movement makes it lose a lot of value)
    4. Alexstrazas Fury
    5. Frenetic Speed (guess Ring of Frost can be used to cc the heal imps but i actually toally did not think about the option)
    6. Flame Patch (it just is the best in 2-4 target situations)
    7. Meteor (i always used Meteor on her absorb shield, which brought it down really quickly)

General Tips:
    Never use your normal interrupt on any of the adds. I used Dragons Breath to sometimes interrupt the channeled heal by the Imps but they at some points spawn only a few seconds before her absorb shield and if you interrupt the mips instead of the boss her channel will kill you.

It basically comes down to this:

- always use Meteor on the Absorb Shield to interrupt the channel as fast as possible (Note: sometimes this overlaps with Umbral Imps, if available use Combustion and everything you have to kill them, otherwise you die)
    - flaming imps don't deal much damage and just die to cleave damage by Ignite and Phoenix Flames
    - use Flamestrike and Dragons Breath to kill Umbral imps as fast as possible
    - root Heal Imps with Frost Nova and/or Ring of Frost to buy some time to kill them before they reach the Boss. Most of the time i froze them and killed one after the other single target. Flamestrikes slows them but also breaks the cc
    - use blink as often as possible to heal yourself and dodge the boulders

One thing i noticed is, that when the healing Imps spawn and she then teleports to the other side of the room, they will first run to her old location and then to where she teleported. I don't know if you can force this somehow but it bought me a lot of time do dps the Boss before i had to handle the adds.

I guess for execution just watch a video but these are some of the obscure things you just have to learn by trying it out. Keep in mind to kill Umbral and Healing Imps as fast as you possibly can and manage your resources so you always have certain abilitys available when you need them.

It probably took me around 15-20 trys, you just have to get a feel for the encounter and the timers and manage your stuff properly. It was a nice challenge and i unexpectedly enjoyed it quite a lot. Even though i don't like the skin but hey,

Cheers and good luck! Hopefully it helps someone.
    Last edited by Lévion; 2017-04-14 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    one year ago i lost chance to eat lunch because i was doing instance and my family ate all

As a Dark Souls player, here is great tip for you: GIT GUD!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    uck me that was intense... i play feral as offspec only (Guardian main).
    After like 30 attempts, i finally managed - 906 equipped, 910 weapon.
    Talents and gear:

Full size image:link
    Last edited by Wengel; 2017-04-14 at 05:26 PM.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Deleted
    After a good ~90 attempts managed to kill her as an Outlaw Rogue with the following talents and gear equiped:
    imgur.com/a/49Svg (I can't link images yet)

I took slice and dice because I really, really hate the inconsistency of Roll the Bones. So far all the kill vids I've seen for Outlaw rogues just involve them getting 2-6 buffs back to back which I didn't want to wait for.

The key to this fight is to alternate cooldowns for every 5 imp pack she spawns. At the start use Curse of the Dreadblades + Adrenaline Rush and then the wave after use Kiljaeden's Burning Wish to quickly clear the 5 imp pack. The pack after use Curse again (and/or Adrenaline Rush when its up), etc.

"For fans of the Souls series, approach this with the same mindset."

What, apply Lightning to my fucking monstrous Zweihander and proceed to wipe the arena floor with the bosses' ass? Because that's basically the mindset of a Souls player.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Of course handling imps is always a lot easier when you have luffa
    most of the damage done to adds was done by brutal slash and thrash spam was mostly to fish for shadow thrash procs to take advantage of predator

10+ Year Old Account
    is this undoable with ilvl below 900? because if so fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    Did it with 895, Gronntooth though, otherwise around 898 with a 865 CoF.

I mention CoF cause i wiped many times at the last 1-5% because of my own panic/rushing.

It is although as a fury warrior much harder without certain legendaries, mostly the survivability ones, Bracers or Prydaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    most of the damage done to adds was done by brutal slash and thrash spam was mostly to fish for shadow thrash procs to take advantage of predator
    Yea I got it without Luffa (used Cinidaria and Kil'Jaedens Burning Wish) with CoF as my second trinket at a 907 ilvl but I still feel the added range to thrash would have been really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    It is doable, just super hectic and difficult. Did it today with a 894 equipped UH DK.

Now, to the person who contributed some more tips for the UH DK strategy, DerelictNekropolis. Have a few contradictions to his statements, so felt the need to even create an account and express them.

Quoting him - "So yeah, control the adds, and you'll win the fight. It's really not about how fast you kill her all the time, but how well you control all the imps."
    Seriously? Didn't anyone notice the damage increase buff she gets bit by bit, which stacks and stacks and can get pretty troublesome later on? I'm talking about this one - w.wowhead.com/spell=235140/agathas-vengeance (can't post a full link cause it's the first post, geez). And as far as wowhead goes, it is an aura, which increases the dmg of her imps as well. So how the hell is this not a fight about how much damage you can dish out? I mean, it is only logical to presume, that the higher your ilvl/better legies you have, the more damage you can deal, the faster you're gonna kill her and the less chances there are that you'll screw up on some RNG shit. You can predict some stuff and plan, but the longer ANY fight goes, and the more random things happen, the more discrepancy there is, which leads to skews in your perfect strategy and rotation. And I don't consider UH DK as a non-RNG class, we do have a lot of different things, which may play out well, or play out badly. So yes, I agree that add management here is important, but unless you wanna wipe at some 20-40% while doing everything perfectly with the imps and wondering how the hell she kills you, you gotta press her with damage enough, to make the kill happen soon.

For example, at some points of the fight, I HAD to explode the fuming imps on their own, so that I could damage the shield and interrupt, or that annoying smoldering one, which is dishing a whole lot of fking dmg while I kite the fuming one. Again, if you got the gear, you prolly just faceroll this shit, but if no, well you've got to be extra careful with everything, and not all advice works for lower ilvl. Or it may just happen so that she gets the shield up and summons umbrals, and all the while you dodge the meteors and kill umbrals to start working on the shield, you receive dmg, buffed by that stacking thing of hers, which hurts. Plus smoldering. Plus, if you use free death strike at some point to heal, you waste a gcd. Well not totally waste, you stay alive, but there are times when you need dmg, and that DS doesn't hit for a lot, it's just for the healz.

To elaborate on another bit, talents. Epidemic. Yes, I know how much damage this thing can dish out if you run to that EM and the tank gets a huuuge crowd and you get the plague on and spam epi and yeeey huge dps numbaz!! But for Christ's sake, it's good when they are grouped and there are a lot of them. Yes, it does happen in this scenario, but not always, and the aoe dmg on this talent, even having them grouped, is not good because there's just not enough of em. Plus, it costs you a rune, it's not like it's a free blood boil right? I tried with it and it didn't work for me, so I took the Blighted Rune Weapon, which is normally kinda bad as well, but in cases when I didn't have Apoc up, or any other good stuff to get her shield down FAST, I used this and spammed clawing shadows, it did the trick. Oh yes, I forgot to say I don't have Drought and my legies are - sephus, death march and acherus drapes - this is all I had at my disposal to try and get this boss down, so no real good spec-wise ones and please, don't tell me those are great legies, just because sephus is good here, seriously, bracers are just godly, even after the nerf, and those shoulders? Sick burst. Also, for aoe, you take that defile and it is usually good enough, although you want often to single target some important targets too. This is all considering I don't have the ultrahigh dps where I can just aoe all the shit out of those adds. It did help that with death march I had my defile more often then usual, but it was not the winning condition. Also used the food suggested here, not sure how much it helped, but I guess the 10% haste buff is good, considering that other food won't give you anywhere near this kind of pure stats.

All in all, it's a nightmare. You can get the first phase right, only to find a fuming imp at some point detonate without following you after that teleport of hers, NEAR or UNDER HER, which complicates things. A friend of mine got hit by a meteor TWICE, don't ask me how. Also, I'm not too certain which type of imp does it, I think it's the umbral ones, but sometimes you get a nasty 50% move speed debuff, which, after looking at the death recap, had a description of something like "The imps have stayed long enough to get empowered for 10.000% damage". Those umbrals were still hitting me for 5-6k, nothing much really, but the 50% slow is hell, considering you're dealing with other stuff or just thinking you're OK running out of that meteor. Unless you quickly wrath walk out, you're screwed. Lastly, can't see any mentions of green fell pools she starts to spit in phase 2, not sure if they are an issue, I was running around too much anyway, and concentrated on other things, so couldn't really see the dmg they do, but they're there, for the sake of listing all the abilities. Oh, oh, almost forgot - can anyone confirm that the servants ONLY HEAL her? I got the feeling she got her energy meter up faster, if I let them channel on her more than usual. I think they are important to kill as well, again, considering a lower ilvl and your dmg output, when you really don't want anything adding additional survivability on her.

Can't say I am wholeheartedly with all the people complaining it's pure ilvl faceroll, there are some important stuff/mechanics happening, but I do think they could've done it better, to make chances more even or more standardised so to say. I mean, it's understandable, that if you can't do it (or anything else really), then you get better gear/improve your character and try it again, it's kinda like raid progression, or progression in any rpg, and that's OK, but hey, why the hell then advertise it as a test of PURE SKILLZZ. Just don't give people false hopes, there would've prolly been less rage if that was the case. Oh, and double-check all the bugs as well, pretty please? Cause after a few tries, I don't even wanna start my affli warlock one, not to mention the tank challenge.

Finally did it today after 40 tries. Unholy DK (iLVL 893) with Prydaz & Sephuz legendary. No video since I didn't even know I could do it.

Items Used:
    - Flask of the Countless Armies
    - Defiled Augmented Rune
    - Drums of the Mountain
    - Lavish Suramar Feast
    - Potion of Prolonged Power

Talents
    - Ebon Fever, Epidemic, Clawing Shadows, Sludge Belcher, Spell Eater, Necrosis & Defile

Tips
    - RNGesus
    - I rarely killed Fuming Imps as I placed them on the sides, but got really messy near the end.
    - Keep calm, I got hit by boulder once and got back up. Don't make that mistake.
    - Gear makes a big difference, but there's a bit of skill in it. It's possible to do it lower ilvl but have to avoid a lot of damage taken.
    - Pre-Pot
    - Used Drums at near the end (5%-10% HP)

Elemental (903 equipped)

Finally. Changed my stats to a 30/30/70 ratio and suddenly she was down. Whisper/Metronome + Sephuz/Pants. Very proc dependent. Sometimes 65% before the first shield, sometimes 80%. P1 without ele

Full Disclosure: I cheated. There has been many fire mage strategies posted already. I mostly followed them so there isn't much to add on that part.
    The cheating part comes from Command Center and Spiced Wildfowl Omelets.

Command Center procs regular Azsuna bonuses - Meteors, whelps and Protection of the Court. Very useful, especially if you can get the last one to proc, but keep in mind you still have to move somewhat in p2 so unless you manage a proc right beneath Agatha it's not an insta-win proc. Well, I'm sure good players can use it so it's an insta-win proc, but if you are that good I doubt you need the proc.
    (Note: this phenomenon has been noted already by players on other realms who had Command Center and Mage Tower up simultaneously in the past [I think it's somewhere in East Asia - they have 3 different region servers there] but Blizzard hasn't done anything to it yet. To be fair, having them both up isn't exactly a common occurrence, yet.)

Spiced Wildfowl Omelets basically gives you 10% haste and 10% movement constantly. I personally think it's even more useful, or at least reliable, than Command Center buffs, but that's just opinion. Other players have also noted this long before, so it might not be long before some changes are made.

Needless to say, neither of this is exactly intended gameplay, so we'd see if these get fixed in the coming days.

902, Helm/Belt, 43 traits. Lowest was 28% after ~40 tries. First try this morning, I got her to 8%. Boss died in 4 tries.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-04-16 at 04:57 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Has anyone else been almost 1 shot during Agatha, for no reason? Like your health just drops by like 3 mil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Has anyone else been almost 1 shot during Agatha, for no reason? Like your health just drops by like 3 mil?
    I think it's because of the current "bug" that allows you to make use of the Command Center buff.

Sometimes it summons whelps to help you, and Agatha summons extra shadow crash to attack them.

Combine that with sometimes invisible marker on the ground, you'll get exploded by damage.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Hi All - Completed on Fury warrior average ilvl 900

First, this post is for the fury warriors who like myself, DO NOT have the whirlwind Najentus legendary belt.

I find the previous guides are not helpful, unless you have that belt.

Legendaries:
    I would say you need either pyradaz neck or healing bracers (i had the bracers) for the healing on this fight. My second legendary was the Ceann-Ar helm, although honestly, id say any second legendary will do.

Talents:
    War machine (same as other guides)

Double time: IMO the reason i would take this, is sometimes (this is more for phase 2, as the boulders can screw up your patch locations) you can get bad patchs from the fuming imps, and that charge can just save you from the boulders (did for me on multiple occasions). In addition, i had healing bracers, so charge = rage = healing.

Avatar: i would suggest ignoring wrecking ball and go with avatar. The burst on the imps are too important, and wrecking ball will not cut it (in my experience) unless you have the legendary belt.

The last talents use the same as previous guides.

Gear itemization:
    GO FOR MASTERY, i had 60% increase damage from enrage, since the food spiced wildfowl omelet will compensate for any haste lost. For me, it was definitely the imps/add control, we DO NOT have the luxury of the legendary belt to blow CDs and two whirlwinds and the adds die. TRINKETS: Same as suggested, gronn-tooth warhorn and terror bound nexus (great mastery trinket).

Tips/tricks:

Note: I am ignoring fuming imps here in this explanation below, either kill them before they explode or let them explode in a good place.

Phase 1
    IF Agatha IS NOT casting dark fury: KILL Umbrial imps --> smouldering --> servants --> Agatha
    IF Agatha IS casting dark fury: KILL Umbrial imps --> smouldering --> BREAK the shield (interrupt cast) --> servants (fear them or let them channel) --> Agatha

Phase 2
    When she teleports in phase 2, from either side of the room, i found a good rule of thumb is the following
    - Agatha IS NOT casting dark fury WITH NO umbrial/smouldering imps present: KILL Servants (they tend to be running back to her, so piercing howl and kill them) --> Agatha
    - Agatha IS casting dark fury WITH NO umbrial/smouldering imps: Agatha to break shield and interrupt --> Servants
    - Agatha IS casting dark fury WITH umbrial/smouldering imps: KILL umbrial --> smouldering --> Agatha to break the shield to interrupt --> Servants --> Agatha

This is just experience, i am sure other methods works.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Sounds like you got hit by a boulder.

Or if its happening by not 1 boulder but during her lower %, is just the amount of synced damage.

Or it could be the Umbral imps.

If you are near the Umbral imps when they teleport they do a slowing ability that also damage for a good 700K on my Fury Warrior, so easy 2mil out of nowhere if you are in between them when they "Relocate"

GO FOR MASTERY, I had 60% increase damage from enrage since the food spiced wildfowl omelet will compensate for any haste lost. For me, it was definitely the imps/add control, we DO NOT have the luxury of the legendary belt to blow CDs and two whirlwinds and the adds die.
    You're overstating the strength of the belt. Whirlwind deals damage in three separate instances. The belt causes the WW to strike one additional time, for 4 total instances. This means that WW without the belt hit for 75% of the damage of belt WWs. I have the belt, I've done the challenge at ilvl900 and I was not simply WW twice with BC and clearing out the adds. The videos of warriors you see doing this are very geared and their ability to clear out the adds so quickly is a lot more to do with their ilvl930-940 weapons then the WW belt.

For anyone who is interested, I completed the challenge with the WW belt and Sephus using Convergence and an 860 Arcano Crystal and without the help of the Command Center adds (which is frankly quite broken and trivialised the achievement for those of us who earned it the way it was intended). After quite a few attempts I got a feel for when the add spawns were coming and when I could use a BC just for damaging Agatha and have it back up for the next adds spawn.

I completed the challenge without either Prydaz or the healing bracers. I believe having 43 points in your weapon is critical for the extra heal from OF. This heal isn't reliable but if you get lucky it can save an attempt for you which will cut down on your over all attempts. The is very little margin for error without Prydaz or the healing bracers since any mistakes that cause you to take more damage will cause you to fail, even if it's not right away but over time since you're just behind on your healing and you can't catch up. This is especially challenging since even just a bad spawn of imps can cause you to take too much damage if they're spread out and you can't kill them all quickly enough, you will just take too much damage. This makes the boss very tightly tuned since you're not doing 1 million dps like the mythic geared warriors you've seen in videos.
    Last edited by fearmemortals; 2017-04-21 at 08:08 AM. Reason: formatting

Well i accidentally deleted my post somehow, so its back.

First, this post is for the fury warriors who like myself, DO NOT have the whirlwind Najentus legendary belt. (No command center buff either!)

I find the previous guides are not helpful, unless you have that belt.

Legendaries:
    I would say you need either pyradaz neck or healing bracers (i had the bracers) for the healing on this fight. My second legendary was the Ceann-Ar helm, although honestly, id say any second legendary will do.

Talents:
    War machine (same as other guides)

Double time: IMO the reason i would take this, is sometimes (this is more for phase 2, as the boulders can screw up your patch locations) you can get bad patchs from the fuming imps, and that charge can just save you from the boulders (did for me on multiple occasions). In addition, i had healing bracers, so charge = rage = healing.

Avatar: i would suggest ignoring wrecking ball and go with avatar. The burst on the imps are too important, and wrecking ball will not cut it (in my experience) unless you have the legendary belt.

The last talents use the same as previous guides.

Gear itemization:
    GO FOR MASTERY, i had 60% increase damage from enrage, since the food spiced wildfowl omelet will compensate for any haste lost. For me, it was definitely the imps/add control, we DO NOT have the luxury of the legendary belt to blow CDs and two whirlwinds and the adds die. TRINKETS: Same as suggested, gronn-tooth warhorn and terror bound nexus (great mastery trinket).

Tips/tricks:

Note: I am ignoring fuming imps here in this explanation below, either kill them before they explode or let them explode in a good place.

Phase 1
    IF Agatha IS NOT casting dark fury: KILL Umbrial imps --> smouldering --> servants --> Agatha
    IF Agatha IS casting dark fury: KILL Umbrial imps --> smouldering --> BREAK the shield (interrupt cast) --> servants (fear them or let them channel) --> Agatha

Phase 2
    When she teleports in phase 2, from either side of the room, i found a good rule of thumb is the following
    - Agatha IS NOT casting dark fury WITH NO umbrial/smouldering imps present: KILL Servants (they tend to be running back to her, so piercing howl and kill them) --> Agatha
    - Agatha IS casting dark fury WITH NO umbrial/smouldering imps: Agatha to break shield and interrupt --> Servants
    - Agatha IS casting dark fury WITH umbrial/smouldering imps: KILL umbrial --> smouldering --> Agatha to break the shield to interrupt --> Servants --> Agatha

This is just experience, i am sure other methods works.

I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    You're overstating the strength of the belt. Whirlwind deals damage in three separate instances. The belt causes the WW to strike one additional time, for 4 total instances. This means that WW without the belt hit for 75% of the damage of belt WWs. I have the belt, I've done the challenge at ilvl900 and I was not simply WW twice with BC and clearing out the adds. The videos of warriors you see doing this are very geared and their ability to clear out the adds so quickly is a lot more to do with their ilvl930-940 weapons then the WW belt.

For anyone who is interested, I completed the challenge with the WW belt and Sephus using Convergence and an 860 Arcano Crystal and without the help of the Command Center adds (which is frankly quite broken and trivialised the achievement for those of us who earned it the way it was intended). After quite a few attempts I got a feel for when the add spawns were coming and when I could use a BC just for damaging Agatha and have it back up for the next adds spawn.

I completed the challenge without either Prydaz or the healing bracers. I believe having 43 points in your weapon is critical for the extra heal from OF. This heal isn't reliable but if you get lucky it can save an attempt for you which will cut down on your over all attempts. The is very little margin for error without Prydaz or the healing bracers since any mistakes that cause you to take more damage will cause you to fail, even if it's not right away but over time since you're just behind on your healing and you can't catch up. This is especially challenging since even just a bad spawn of imps can cause you to take too much damage if they're spread out and you can't kill them all quickly enough, you will just take too much damage. This makes the boss very tightly tuned since you're not doing 1 million dps like the mythic geared warriors you've seen in videos.
    The only way this is worth confirming, is for you to go and do the challenge without the belt and let me know what you think. I would have traded the Ceana Ar helm for that najentus belt any day. I certainly would not want to downplay how effective that belt is, in this challenge.

Since I did this without the legendary belt, and every fury warrior 9 times out 10 I inspect having the artifact skin also having that najentus legendary belt, it therefore must be very worthwhile?

Go to fury warrior video time 1:23 in this thread (who is using the belt)

This is normal rotation when Agatha spawns all those imps --> Enrage active, Wrecking ball active, Frothing beserker active and battle cry active =

One whirlwind – 2,080,379, 1,007,599 (extra whirlwind I think is the 999,198 and another target with 482,210), since I do not have the belt, so clarify me if I am wrong. However, that would mean that extra swing would hit all other imps + Agatha in close proximity, so anywhere between 3-8ish imps taking that extra damage I would say is significant and would make dealing with the adds significantly easier.

Even if you are lowered gear, you need to look at the extra swing/one time hit on up to 3-8 targets, builds up in cumulative damage. The extra one time hit over 3-8 targets would be anywhere between 1.5million - 4million + damage every time (damage will vary based on extra hit being from BC, frothing beserk, wrecking ball, enrage etc). The imps only have 3mill health i think.

Since there are ample guides with warriors completing with belt, I don’t see many threads without the belt, I wonder why?