Deleted
    Few patches and a price dump and i most likely wont be able to resist the game any longer.

MAGA: Make Andromeda Great Again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Just did the Moshae rescue mission. The atmosphere was very similar to the Collector ship from ME2: a mix of mystery, fascination, horror and disgust. And the reveal about the Kett being transformed Angara was similar to the one about Collectors being descendants of the Protheans. So far I am really impressed with the story and its delivery.
    But the Collectors were Protheans in the same way the Kett were Angara, but by infusing tech instead of genes to biomorph. How are you impressed with a clear copypaste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    But the Collectors were Protheans in the same way the Kett were Angara, but by infusing tech instead of genes to biomorph. How are you impressed with a clear copypaste?
    Except it isn't a 'clear copy/paste' because the motivations are completely different. The Kett see what they do as a gift, as a means of bettering not only themselves but other species as well. Achieving greatness through genetic augmentation that is beyond anything we saw in the previous games. Remember the Cardinal who you had to fight to save the Moshae? She was originally a 'lesser' species who was grateful for the exaltation process and even begged you to spare the facility where it took place, as she considered it holy. In exchange she freed all the remaining Angarans.

The Collectors, on the other hand, were little more than mindless servants of the reapers. There was no exchange or concept of being made better, they were indoctrinated and later transformed unwillingly into what we know as the Collectors. As was pointed out in the games, by the ME2/ME3 timeline they are more tech than Prothean - essentially the Prothean equivalent of the husks we see humans turned into.

So yeah. Not the same at all.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-16 at 11:21 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except it isn't a 'clear copy/paste' because the motivations are completely different. The Kett see what they do as a gift, as a means of bettering not only themselves but other species as well. Achieving greatness through genetic augmentation that is beyond anything we saw in the previous games.

The Collectors were little more than mindless servants of the reapers, and were essentially the Prothean equivalent of the husks we see humans turned into. There was no exchange or concept of being made better, they were indoctrinated and later transformed unwillingly into what we know as the Collectors. As was pointed out in the games, by the ME2/ME3 timeline they are more tech than Prothean.

So yeah. Not the same.
    Don't take everything Gravath in particular says too seriously, just a tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Don't take everything Gravath in particular says too seriously, just a tip.
    Because responding to one thing that he said = taking everything he says too seriously.

I'm not a fan of misinformation in general, and it does a disservice to the game and its story to say 'lolcollectors 2.0' because it really isn't anything like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    When what's being posted is outright false, chances are high it's being done just to bait people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Well we know all kett are not angaran and we know all collectors are prothean. so its not entirely the same in that regard. But it is similar to what the reapers were doing in taking races and turning them into mind less husks. The kett said they have done this to countless races so expect to see more variation if we venture to other parts of the Andromeda galaxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Anointed's sync kill is way more BS than the Banshees sync kill...
    Ascendants put out an orange field that kills you if you're caught in it. Evade out of it and he can't sync kill you. Fiends on the other hand are bullshit.

Personally I think sync kills are a bogus mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

The kett are a similar concept to the Collectors, but different enough that I wouldn't call them "copy and paste."
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I am prety much done with the game now and after playing I really do feel like I just played Dragon Age: Inquisition with guns. But at least with DA:I their ping /scan mechanic was better.

The levels feel like a chore to get through. It doesn't flow that well, its pointless busy work. At least in Witcher 3 even the side quests and wanton discovery was present. This I just wanted to get through each zone as fast as possible.

There are still a number of horrible bugs present. Like the voices being to quite, a quest giver running away when you are in a conversation with them, and the conversation widow highlighting walls and over head shots. As well as bugged out Kett drops

Its an okay game, still despite its flaws, but I really prefer the smaller linear content from games now days. No more open world please. After playing through Witcher 3 and DA:I consecutively from 2014 to 2015, I never wanna play another open world again. And ME:A should have never went this route. I am burned out.

Take away the bugs and open world chores of it, I say this game can still be pretty fun. The combat is awesome best bit of the game, using Bio-tech was fun, just throwing your enimies around got a few laughs. I actually liked the story I know a lot of people didn't. But I got some fun out of it,

And like typical Bioware I love their characters. they always seem to make interesting characters in their games. Cora, Peebee, Vetra, Drack, Kallo, Gil, Suvi and even SAM I loved interacting with. Only Liam and Jaal annoyed me or I just found boring. Even Lexi, who I know who is played by my future never to be wife Natalie Dormer,churns in a boring dull character. But I digress. Characters, combat and story is what I loved about this game and which is what Bioware games are best at and I am glad.

Also I wanted to romance two people and I couldn't, first I wanted Lexi, then realised I couldn't, then Suvi who only flirts with other women, so I said f*** that I aint having no one else, first Bioware game my character went unloved haha :P

Good game, wouldn't know how to rate it, not good at rating video games, glad I played it once, never wanna play it again.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-04-16 at 02:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ascendants put out an orange field that kills you if you're caught in it. Evade out of it and he can't sync kill you. Fiends on the other hand are bullshit.

Personally I think sync kills are a bogus mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

The kett are a similar concept to the Collectors, but different enough that I wouldn't call them "copy and paste."
    It's seems that skills that make you temporarily invul don't block sync kills because I'm always getting killed on my vanguards or asari adept. I've been pulled out out of charge or the Ascendant has amazing timing. Every time I've been killed on my adept I've been been a few paces ahead of the target while dodging away because I'm priming it with my Annihilation aura.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Has anyone been able to give the space stoners weed on Kadara to the guy in pain?

So far I am really impressed with the story and its delivery.
    I am too. But I am even more puzzled at why has this story been so harshly criticized to this drastic extent. Some critics I actually respect such as Angry Joe have called the story "Tepid" or "Average", while others have gone much further, going from "Garbage" to "Insulting SJW shit".

I mean, I get it, different opinions, blah-blah-blah, but I fail to see how can so many people hate this particular story. Granted, while I liked it, it didn't blew me away. I consider it inferior to ME2, and 3. About on-par with ME1. But it wasn't "bad" in any way shape or form. I stand by my analogy that Andromeda is kind of like Return of the Jedi when compared to Empire Strikes Back.

Empire Strikes Back is considered by many to be the best sequel ever made. Return of the Jedi had a lesser performance, and lesser critical reception. In almost every regard, it was an inferior movie to its predecessor, but it was still a GOOD movie, that was entertaining, and well worth the watch.

Same deal with Andromeda's story. I consider it on-par with ME1, inferior to ME2 and ME3, but still quite enjoyable. And the gameplay is simply the best in the entire franchise.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I am too. But I am even more puzzled at why has this story been so harshly criticized to this drastic extent. Some critics I actually respect such as Angry Joe have called the story "Tepid" or "Average", while others have gone much further, going from "Garbage" to "Insulting SJW shit".

I mean, I get it, different opinions, blah-blah-blah, but I fail to see how can so many people hate this particular story. Granted, while I liked it, it didn't blew me away. I consider it inferior to ME2, and 3. About on-par with ME1. But it wasn't "bad" in any way shape or form. I stand by my analogy that Andromeda is kind of like Return of the Jedi when compared to Empire Strikes Back.

Empire Strikes Back is considered by many to be the best sequel ever made. Return of the Jedi had a lesser performance, and lesser critical reception. In almost every regard, it was an inferior movie to its predecessor, but it was still a GOOD movie, that was entertaining, and well worth the watch.

Same deal with Andromeda's story. I consider it on-par with ME1, inferior to ME2 and ME3, but still quite enjoyable. And the gameplay is simply the best in the entire franchise.
    I think some of the hate could be due to the new dialogue wheel. Sometimes there are choices you think are one way like the "you kill her I kill you" for Ruth sounds like your going to threaten the Rokar when it actually means I'll let you kill her then I'll kill you.

getting a lot of mileage out of that two-shot angaran pistol. It hits as hard as the isharay. i should throw the plasma charge on it next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    It's seems that skills that make you temporarily invul don't block sync kills because I'm always getting killed on my vanguards or asari adept. I've been pulled out out of charge or the Ascendant has amazing timing. Every time I've been killed on my adept I've been been a few paces ahead of the target while dodging away because I'm priming it with my Annihilation aura.
    Yeah, once the sync starts, you can't evade out of it. Not what I meant. I definitely know that pain, got grabbed by a fiend a half a second after I charged a different target in order to get away from the thing.

When you're in that orange circle, you have about a second to gtfo. If you're quick enough, he won't grab you.

I do wish that there was a way to save allies being sync killed. Like stagger them hard enough with a sniper rifle or combo them with a power or something and he'll drop your friend. Dragon Age: Origins had this mechanic by allowing you to use shield bash to make creatures drop whatever character they've overwhelmed. (I think it was called Overwhelm anyways.)

- - - Updated - - -

Just did the Moshae rescue mission. The atmosphere was very similar to the Collector ship from ME2: a mix of mystery, fascination, horror and disgust. And the reveal about the Kett being transformed Angara was similar to the one about Collectors being descendants of the Protheans. So far I am really impressed with the story and its delivery.
    Oh there's more in store for you yet.

Just wait.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I do wish that there was a way to save allies being sync killed. Like stagger them hard enough with a sniper rifle or combo them with a power or something and he'll drop your friend. Dragon Age: Origins had this mechanic by allowing you to use shield bash to make creatures drop whatever character they've overwhelmed. (I think it was called Overwhelm anyways.)
    Cobra rpg or for ascendants breaking the orb will stop a sync kill in progress. Of course breaking the orb isn't always possible that quickly. During a sync kill orb will be behind the ascendants as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So, there are a few loose ends with the story. I'm curious what people think is going to content covered in DLC and what'll be covered in a second game.

Major spoilers ahead!
    So, we have, from what I can remember off the top of my head, the last ark carrying basically the rest of the milky way species. We have the Ryder twins mother waiting to be taken out of cryo once we have a cure. We also have the threat of the Kett who have been exalting clusters in Andromeda, along side with the mysteries that are the Remnant who seem to be a civilization who could very well still exist but abandoned the Helius Cluster. Also the people who opposed the Remnant and created the scourge to stop them. Not to mention the Remnant appear to be far more advanced than the Protheans ever were. We also don't know the fate of the Milky Way, as far as we know, canonically speaking, the Reapers still could have won.

Personally I think we'll see DLC covering the final Milky Way ark and finding a cure for the Ryder mother. I feel like the Kett are going to be the bridge to the second game and taking the fight to them. The Remnant seem like they're a much bigger mystery that is going to cover the saga of however many games ends up taking place in Andromeda (my money is on a trilogy again). The fate of the Milky Way we could very well be out in the cold on for a really long time. I get the impression Bioware wants to avoid a canon ending for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    So, there are a few loose ends with the story. I'm curious what people think is going to content covered in DLC and what'll be covered in a second game.
    Use goddamn [spoiler][ /spoiler] tags please!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Use goddamn [spoiler][ /spoiler] tags please!
    Relax. No need to be so harsh and abrupt over something so simple.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

In my eyes, the story is on the level of ME2. And I liked Return of the Jedi better than Empire Strikes Back; the latter was too action-heavy to my taste.

Then again, I probably have only seen half of it so far. But I can already see many ways they can make the Remnant, the Kett and, possibly, the villain behind the both I don't know anything about yet, just as epic as the Protheans, the Collectors and the Reapers in ME1-3.

Oh there's more in store for you yet.

Just wait.
    I have some suspicions... Will see!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.