Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wow so they have already been down for like 3-4 hours huh?

<sigh> to bad wifey and I were looking forward to playing today.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    So yes World of Warcraft is just a game. Every game is. If they aren't? There is a big issue.
    Right, it's just a game that people pay money to play and they should be rightly compensated when the service they paid for is disrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    wow so they have already been down for like 3-4 hours huh?

<sigh> to bad wifey and I were looking forward to playing today.
    take her to a nature park instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Right, it's just a game that people pay money to play and they should be rightly compensated when the service they paid for is disrupted.
    Actually they don't have to compensate. Go read the ToS and EULA. They can bring the servers down at any time if they please and do not guarantee you constant uptime. The reason for the no guarantee is due to things like this and possible emergency maintenance periods. No MMO is exempt from it and it happens from time to time.

Hell they can even close your account if they want and not give you a reason why.

But hey take out a lawsuit on them and demand what is probably less than 1 dollar back from them. Not like it would cost you more in legal fees or anything for a losing case would it?

Only reason they did for Warlords is because the service was disrupted for a number of days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-16 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb1ward View Post
    Can you stfu, this has nothing to do with politics...Stop trying to insert politics in every single post like a liberal idiot.
    That is like saying, "Far be it for me to judge your stupid religions or dumb beliefs."

You say they has nothing to do with politics but then throw a general political term Liberal in there. It's amazing how clueless some people are.

You could have at least changed it to Social Justice Warrior or Bleeding Heart. That is not political at all.

Or better yet just say, "leave politics out of this." and it it right there.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

Exactly .... and I suggest you write that letter, put the 50c stamp on it and demand your 3c refund IMMEDIATELY.

Or in my case... 60 gold refund.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not sure of any dailies currently in game? Everything seems to be based around the 3 day window these days. Even the broken shore stuff builds up to the point I can do a stack at once if I miss a day.
    Not entirely true. Many quests show up more than one day in a row. By not doing it before the quest is reset, you are missing out on the daily spawn of that quest. If you notice, besides some of the Elite quests, no quest spawns for more than 24 hours anymore.

This is NOT a DDOS.

DDOS doesn't take that long.
    It can be routed easily.

Not sure of any dailies currently in game? Everything seems to be based around the 3 day window these days. Even the broken shore stuff builds up to the point I can do a stack at once if I miss a day.
    Yes, the Broken Shore world quests. Not sure what you mean about them building up - there won't be 8 of them up if I log in after the normal reset time.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    you guys realise they havent even gotten their website up and running again.

aka you think these forums are bad, WAIT for the QQ on the Diablo Forums about all the HC Characters who will be whining their toons died.
    I believe they have actually done rollbacks for HC characters when stuff like this happened in the past and those characters were dead when they logged back in. Since the problem was SERVERSIDE not client side. It's a rare exception to their "no rollback for HC" rule.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Snowflakes don't survive down here... however we do get the special honour of only getting 6 nights a week to play as it stands.
    The shutdowns on tuesdays, are usually an hour, that's hardly a "night lost" decently overdramatic. It's fine as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe we can just play hearthstone or sc2 or diablo 3 or overwatch instead?

oh wait, someone thought it was a good idea to HAVE THEM ALL LINKED

wtffffff
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is NOT a DDOS.
    Tend to agree, what ever happened took out the BNET/Character servers and left the WoW instance and world servers completely unaffected.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Well looks like its time to finally install yooka laylee

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The shutdowns on tuesdays, are usually an hour, that's hardly a "night lost" decently overdramatic.
    And hour in the middle of raid times ... --> a night lost.

Tend to agree, what ever happened took out the BNET/Character servers and left the WoW instance and world servers completely unaffected.
    Actually most DDoS would target mainly just the BNET servers since doing so would hit just about every game.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Man. I was enjoying a nice ERP session with four gnomes. I was of course, a big, burly Draenei man.
    Dude no. DON'T go into anymore detail!

It depends on the situation and game. But in Blizzard's case they do not have to compensate you or anyone else. If you read all the small print? Summed up it pretty much says you rent the game and it also says these types of things may happen. Such as servers going down, and unexpected down times.

This also was not Blizzard's fault. They were attacked by "Hackers" and are very much the victims in this case along with the players. In comparison to a launch issue where the servers went down due to a fault of their own. Which they compensate players for usually.

If anyone owes you anything? It is the criminals responsible for the attack itself.

Remember the servers will be shut down at some point when the game ends. Could happen in 10 years. They will not plan to give refunds to all players when that happens. Again read the small print.
    Last edited by Epicon; 2017-04-16 at 01:48 PM.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

10+ Year Old Account
    Bnet only shows in the tray with only an exit option and can not connect online or through website still. Any ideas yet?

And hour in the middle of raid times ... --> a night lost.
    Raid isn't everything, just because you can't raid that night, doesn't mean it isn't a night you can play anymore. Also, most of the time the shutdown is 11pm-midnight, or midnight-1am. Raids could easily be done that night, people just prefer not to take the risk. Which is fine.

But there are 6 other nights perfect for raiding, and tuesday just happens to be better for anything else, still works well for other things.