Poll: I support

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What reason is there to believe that she isn't telling the truth? Not likely that he actually had a gift bag with a scented candle and she decided to lie about it.
    it's on the internet
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What profile would that be that you'd actually have your measurements on public display or even in the profile?

I promise *crosses fingers* to totally not use the information to send you creepy af gifts.
    Several places, actually. Modelling sites, Adult sites, Cosplay sites, LARPing sites, one of my Anime forums (for whatever reason, has them) various other forums.

I honestly don't care about receiving some gifts, if I know why I'm getting them and I know the person decently well enough (as well as it being sent through a means that would check the package for me, in case it is something dangerous).
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Nancy" sounds like your standard "I've a vagina, I'm special" kind of woman and a bit of a prude. Does she really think there's any other reason other than intimacy to date a 41 year-old chic? Much less one so full of herself?

It was a bit odd for a first-date gift.

Pretty much. It also serves as a lesson for guys: How to know if it's worth paying for your date's dinner: She accepts the edible panties you bought her. :P
    So since she's 41 she can't find a relationship and has to have sex on 1st dates. Your view of age and dating is fucking retarded..

She isn't full of herself. She just wants to develope a relationship and isn't only looking for sex......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    So since she's 41 she can't find a relationship and has to have sex on 1st dates.
    If that's what you took from what I said, you should probably work on your reading comprehension. "Intimacy" isn't just sex. And there's no valid reason to look for an intimate relationship if intimacy is a taboo subject, even on the first date.

Your view of age and dating is fucking retarded..
    Her getting bent out of shape over some panties is fucking retarded. If you're 41 and get nervous/offended by the topic of sex, you've no fucking business dating in the first place.

She isn't full of herself. She just wants to develope a relationship and isn't only looking for sex......
    Well she sure "works hard to look fabulous every day" and is very specific in the requirements men have to meet in order to date her.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lmfao. Some men are absolutely terrible at dating, what an asswipe.

Good for her, no reason to be upset about a douchebag though.
    Pretty much. Hapless older man looking desperate; not exactly a scary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If that's what you took from what I said, you should probably work on your reading comprehension. "Intimacy" isn't just sex. And there's no valid reason to look for an intimate relationship if intimacy is a taboo subject, even on the first date.

Her getting bent out of shape over some panties is fucking retarded. If you're 41 and get nervous/offended by the topic of sex, you've no fucking business dating in the first place.

Well she sure "works hard to look fabulous every day" and is very specific in the requirements men have to meet in order to date her.
    By intimacy I was thinking you were implying sexual since you were defending an act the implied a sexual encounter on the first date. It's not a matter of being bent out of shape or uncomfortable but unless it was specified or discussed (which it wasn't based on what we know) then it is beyond inappropriate. There is plenty of reason to be offended and bent out of shape. Start bringing lingerie to women and asking them to wear it on first dates and see how many positive reactions you get...

And you should be specific in what you are looking for in a partner or you are pretty much asking for the relationship to not work out.

7+ Year Old Account
    By intimacy I was thinking you were implying sexual since you were defending an act the implied a sexual encounter on the first date.
    I see, so buying her panties implies first date sex. Interesting. Sounds more like she's just a prude who overreacted to what was clearly a bad move on his part.

It's not a matter of being bent out of shape or uncomfortable but unless it was specified or discussed (which it wasn't based on what we know) then it is beyond inappropriate.
    This lends into what I was saying. Unless you're a religious nut, not being able to open and honest, especially about sex, at that age makes you a horrible potential partner.

Start bringing lingerie to women and asking them to wear it on first dates and see how many positive reactions you get...
    As I mentioned, I'd take it a step further. I'd bring edible panties and lay them on the table. If she gets "offended" and leaves, at least I don't have to buy her dinner. I've no time for people who are too prudish or weak-minded to discuss basic biology, even on the first date. Hell, one of the first things I inquire about is her grooming habits, as I don't date chics with bush. I prefer a woman who's frank, open and honest. Though in fairness, I would have stopped talking this particular chic long before the meeting in person phase, as just by her comments she sounds like a cunt.

And you should be specific in what you are looking for in a partner or you are pretty much asking for the relationship to not work out.
    Absolutely, but the things listed in the OP are more often than not red flags. Admits to knowing she's attractive, doesn't want a man who might embarrass her or who is less "proper" than her, and wants a man with money. Any one of those is a "swipe left" moment.

Why would the sight of semen be scary to a 41-year-old woman? Sex as a whole is way more disgusting than a little seed in a kleenex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    People that describe situations as creepy as fuck, are themselves the creepiest as fuck people on Earth.
    That makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao. Some men are absolutely terrible at dating, what an asswipe.

Good for her, no reason to be upset about a douchebag though.
    Yeah this guy sounds like some kind of moron...
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

The gift is pervy. In all honesty this probably never happened and the girl just want to make up a story to get fame and paint men in a sexist color to justify her not being married at 41 to her parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Pretty much. Hapless older man looking desperate; not exactly a scary thing.
    Also some people, both dudes and chicks, tend to use an inflated ego as a self defense mechanism for having low self-esteem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    The gift is pervy. In all honesty this probably never happened and the girl just want to make up a story to get fame and paint men in a sexist color to justify her not being married at 41 to her parents.
    That projection though .

It's okay to say you disagree with her without giving everyone an obvious insight into your own psyche.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Who cares if she's not married? Marriage rates are going down, people are opting out of the institution because they're disillusioned with it.

No one is a failure for not being married by a certain age, we shouldn't be pressuring people to get married anyway. Like having kids, it should be okay to not want marriage or children if you don't want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    For a first day random meeting? Perhaps Todd was hoping he'd get a promiscuous female partner. But from that angle I don't understand Todd's line of thought. Either he assumed she would be fine with it in which he seems to be grossly uneducated on how to attract a woman or he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere anyway.

Frankly the fact Todd would go out of his way to buy lingerie for a woman he doesn't know or didn't know he could 100% get sex (or whatever it is he wanted, female companionship, someone to model for him) from is just an example of desperation and poor wealth management skills.

Edit: And honestly the idea that she simply wrote this for attention seems far-fetched. Though I guess any fabrication from the internet is to be taken with a grain of salt, touche.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-04-16 at 10:55 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Also some people, both dudes and chicks, tend to use an inflated ego as a self defense mechanism for having low self-esteem.

- - - Updated - - -

That projection though .

It's okay to say you disagree with her without giving everyone an obvious insight into your own psyche.
    How can I argue with a doctor? That's an interesting surname; is that French?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    How can I argue with a doctor? That's an interesting surname; is that French?
    Oui oui monsieur bagette!

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares if she's not married? Marriage rates are going down, people are opting out of the institution because they're disillusioned with it.

No one is a failure for not being married by a certain age, we shouldn't be pressuring people to get married anyway. Like having kids, it should be okay to not want marriage or children if you don't want them.
    Marriage was largely encouraged as a religious institution. Nowadays like you said people are getting disillusioned with it and divorces are both messy and expensive.

Last I remember the divorce rate in the US was something like 50 or 60% or so but I could be mistaken.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Total creeper. I don't do diddly-sht that personal on the first date unless the woman initiates it.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Hearing this would make any willing woman drop him.

Creep. If she was reluctant to meet without extensive chatting first, why would he think she'd go for that?
    I actually think that particular statement is FAR creepier than the gift bag itself. I would probably laugh off a gift bag like that on a first date and while I would find it weird, I don't necessarily think it would be a deal-breaker for all women in that scenario. Some people move really fast on first dates, even if it is not a good idea to do so.

Telling a woman that "some women would go to any length not to be alone" is just over the top creepy. It's passively aggressively insulting by implying that he viewed her as one of those desperate women, and implies he's just out to see what he can get away with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sounds like a made-up story to me...
    Uh why? Why would she make this up? That's a sexist take on this.

I actually think that particular statement is FAR creepier than the gift bag itself. I would probably laugh off a gift bag like that on a first date and while I would find it weird, I don't necessarily think it would be a deal-breaker for all women in that scenario. Some people move really fast on first dates, even if it is not a good idea to do so.

Telling a woman that "some women would go to any length not to be alone" is just over the top creepy. It's passively aggressively insulting by implying that he viewed her as one of those desperate women, and implies he's just out to see what he can get away with.
    yea thats worse than the gift in the first place. his words show it wasnt just a miscommunication, he was really just out to be a creep.