Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    ISIS sees everything as a "message from God". They, usually their imams, interpret events and tell everyone how ISIS is doing in the eyes of God.

Dabiq is the town were the Koran says the final battle before the Apocalypse is supposed to happen. When ISIS took over Dabiq it was a sign from God that they were on the right track, now that they've lost Dabiq it's telling them that ISIS is no longer on the right track and must return to the right track.

Every time one of these lone wolfs drives a truck into a crowd, that's a sign from God ISIS is on the right track.

If this bomb did major harm or ISIS loses Mosul then that's a sign from God they're on the wrong track. Every time a drone kills a leader it's a sign from God that leader was on the wrong track.

The religious don't think like you and I.
    i think you might be partially wrong.

their idea is that they are going to lose this fight eventually. that when they're about the be wiped out, that's when god will start armageddon and take the faithful to heaven. their loss is certain, but they're going to be surprised when no god comes to save them in their last moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    While I agree that ISIS needs to be dealt with: It is even sadder that there are still people who realize that the families of todays isis, their children, especially, will form the next isis a couple of years from now. Last generation was Al Quaida. Bombing them is only a short term solution, and in the end, nobody wins.

People are finite resource. Even fanatics will lose their energy when enough of them are killed. Rome had a problem with zelots that it solved by the total destruction of Jerusalem, the lesson is still valid today- kill enough and the problem ends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    People are finite resource. Even fanatics will lose their energy when enough of them are killed. Rome had a problem with zelots that it solved by the total destruction of Jerusalem, the lesson is still valid today- kill enough and the problem ends.
    Massada and Carthage are indeed two extreme examples of Roman pragmatism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink
    did ISIS thought they are going to win?
    As far as I can tell, no. It is something akin to a pyramid scheme. The people at the top can siphon off a fortune, but then they can bail and 'continue the resistance' whenever it becomes to hazardous for them.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Sometimes its not about winning but just doing as much damage and killing as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    it wasn t hard to predict they would get bombed "the sh$%@t out of them" by the next us president regardless who won
    The problem is that under ISIS ideology it doesn't matter to them how bad their odds are or how futile their attemps may be. They think the end times are upon us and expect to be wiped out almost to the last man before a miraculous turn of events...

An anti-Messiah, known in Muslim apocalyptic literature as Dajjal, will come from the Khorasan region of eastern Iran and kill a vast number of the caliphate’s fighters, until just 5,000 remain, cornered in Jerusalem. Just as Dajjal prepares to finish them off, Jesus—the second-most-revered prophet in Islam—will return to Earth, spear Dajjal, and lead the Muslims to victory.
    “Only God knows” whether the Islamic State’s armies are the ones foretold, Cerantonio said. But he is hopeful.
    On this theory, even setbacks dealt to the Islamic State mean nothing, since God has preordained the near-destruction of his people anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You are claiming they made oil prices go DOWN by LIMITING production?

I think you need a remedial course in economics, son.
    If you think that, you need a remedial course in GLOBAL economics.

Look at the bigger picture, ya numpty.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    If you think that, you need a remedial course in GLOBAL economics.

Look at the bigger picture, ya numpty.
    What's a numpty? Just curious....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they got a couple billion more Muslims to convert to their violent ways. I don't see them running out any time soon.

not all muslims are religious fundamentalists though, there are those who take it seriously and those who take it too far, I'd like to think most level headed muslims don't see me as their enemy because i don't believe the same thing they do. but we aren't exactly medieval combatants during one of the crusades either.

isis or terrorists in general seem to be a perpetual problem, you can bomb them but when they retaliate its civilians who usually die, so they can just keep bombing shopping centres and busses and demoralizing pretty much everyone and there isn't really a whole lot you can do about it. most of these groups if they manage to get insurgents into a country are going to be extremely secretive. small groups or individuals acting for a larger group, conventional war is one thing, what we have today is just propagation of fear.

they don't have to win, they just have to keep bombing things every so often to show they still exist.

Reminds me of what Genghis Khan did to the Khwarezmian Empire, the man was absolutely horrific in his thoroughness to write a wrong
    Last edited by Peebuddy; 2017-04-17 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Did they think they would win? Yes, otherwise they wouldn't even have been created. The more interesting question is what will happen when they are gone? I'm pretty certain another group will take up that same position and the wheel will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    A few? Yes. The others? They will grow up and understand that food on table is better than blowing up shit and stuff.
    thats not true - if you were rising in country where your family dies because some fat oil baron decided its time to make some money you wouldnt want food on table - you would rise with desire to hung him on tree by the balls and skin him alive.

the fake notion that "america is bringing freedom" is something that only muricans belive - rest of world is not stupid enough

- - - Updated - - -

thats a bit ... not true . it all depends on the hate of occupant . my country Poland has a very long history of fighting with occupants - first for over 120 years under ocupation of russia,prussia,austria , then nazi germany , then 50 years of soviet ocupation and it still never broken their spirit. hell one of our national hero's Piłsudski would be considered as no other then terrorist as he were blowing up trains of occupants. same with people during warsaw uprising in 44' - after all nazis were ruling the country so people going against them were terrorists eh ?
    history is written by winners - if nazis win and wrote books those people for sure woudl be portrait as terrorists fighting with "legal " goverment

it all depend on point of view - for them US is not a saviour its occupant and occupants deserve to die for death and destruction they bring.

so easy assumption like this are .... simply wrong.

hate against occupants runs really really deep in many generations to come.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-04-17 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isis is not real period -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats not true - if you were rising in country where your family dies because some fat oil baron decided its time to make some money you wouldnt want food on table - you would rise with desire to hung him on tree by the balls and skin him alive.
    I'm talking about the Daesh combantents from the EU, as answer to the post that I quoted.

Deleted
    Isis accused of using chemical weapons in Iraq.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/worl...vMN/story.html
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mid...-idUKKBN17I0B8

Quick! Someone blame Assad!!!

Neither losing nor winning, they exist to be a thorn stuck on our sides.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any winning or losing with such an ideology. There's always going to be some crazy nutters out there that subscribe to it even if we blow up all of their strong holds. They're practically rooted all over the world and only need internet access to spread their vile message.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I don't think there's any winning or losing with such an ideology. There's always going to be some crazy nutters out there that subscribe to it even if we blow up all of their strong holds. They're practically rooted all over the world and only need internet access to spread their vile message.
    And that message is "if enough of us are killed, then Allah will show up in person to smite all the infidels!" So yeah...there's no reasoning with that, there's no destroying that. You certainly can't bomb that out of existence, they're lining up and volunteering to die. The only way to fight a message like that is for the other people in the region to realize how ridiculous it is.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    it wasn t hard to predict they would get bombed "the sh$%@t out of them" by the next us president regardless who won
    No one takes up war efforts knowing that they're going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The fact that multiple nations in the region are using ISIS, AL Qaeda, and other radical groups is the real issue. They could be wiped out in a heart beat, but then we are talking some Saddam Hussein levels of mass murder. However we don't dare point that out, because then we'd have to look at ourselves for using such groups in the past or in the future.
    yea the next batch of seasoned fighter ready to mess the middle east are the Kurds, now they are useful because no one want to risk it's soldiers but when this Syria affair end what about them? A fully trained bunch who will advocate a kurdish nation? GL with that.

Point is the west need to stop using groups for proxy wars and also need to hit (even with secret service killing mission) those who foot extremist bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.