Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You would think the US would have caught up to the European powers by with the whole genocide of the natives thing, but appears not. Got to go kill more innocents.
    Interesting, considering European major powers built colonies there in the first place and started the genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Americans need to stop ripping on our European brothers and sisters. A few disgrunteled Europeans are irrelevant.

We'll never have a better, truer group of allies than Europe. We're not just friends. We're family.

It's natural to get periodically pissed at your family. It's not acceptable to demean and detest them.

Americans and Europeans built the modern world together... and for all it's failings, it turned out pretty damn good.

The USA is both.

And because it's both, that makes us an extremely easy target for criticism and putting all the blame on us for everything that happens. When you're the only big dog left on the block to take care of shit, everything that happens (good or bad) falls back on you.

The world LOVES to hate on us and criticize us for everything we do. But if we weren't the ones out there doing it, then no one would be. And the world would be a much more fucked up place as a result. Of course, you won't see many non-Americans agreeing with that because they're usually so far up their own asses, they can't see anything right in front of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Americans need to stop ripping on our European brothers and sisters. A few disgrunteled Europeans are irrelevant.

We'll never have a better, truer group of allies than Europe. We're not just friends. We're family.

It's natural to get periodically pissed at your family. It's not acceptable to demean and detest them.

Americans and Europeans built the modern world together... and for all it's failings, it turned out pretty damn good.
    if you didnt notice mate, its also 70% of the eu mugs who are having a go at americans, i come from uk and i got no issue with the america like some of these people do.

its the goverments and the elites that people should be hating, not the america itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

The problem is european govs and media paint a picture were america goes around for the sake of protecting it's interest abroad and poor little unwilling european countries get to foot the bill and shoulder the burden making them seem to be dragged around by big bad imperialistic uncle sam; obviously that is a lie, euro countries get their slice of the cake a pretty good deal imho because alone we will never ever had the power to do so not even in the wet dreams of nationalistic Marie Le Pen and Farage.
    In the end there are thing that need to be done european had the simple choice to do it alone and enter the competition or jump on america bandwagon and get a smaller slice in exchange of smaller costs, the alternative that was set in place was EU but it didn't work and the same govs and media that blame imperialistic america also blame imperialistic EU.
    It's like that in europe, when trying to understand it you need to imagine each state in us with a governor like trump and a fox as the state television.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The USA is both.

And because it's both, that makes us an extremely easy target for criticism and putting all the blame on us for everything that happens. When you're the only big dog left on the block to take care of shit, everything that happens (good or bad) falls back on you.

The world LOVES to hate on us and criticize us for everything we do. But if we weren't the ones out there doing it, then no one would be. And the world would be a much more fucked up place as a result. Of course, you won't see many non-Americans agreeing with that because they're usually so far up their own asses, they can't see anything right in front of them.
    its very true - if it wasnt for US we wouldnt have any of major wars in the world for past 30 years.

which makes US biggest world's villain not saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its very true - if it wasnt for US we wouldnt have any of major wars in the world for past 30 years.

which makes US biggest world's villain not saviour.
    Cry about it some more will ya?

Typical mumbo jumbo spewed by American hating hipsters.

Also, refer to the very last sentence of my previous post. That sentence applies to you.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-04-17 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    The problem is european govs and media paint a picture were america goes around for the sake of protecting it's interest abroad and poor little unwilling european countries get to foot the bill and shoulder the burden making them seem to be dragged around by big bad imperialistic uncle sam; obviously that is a lie, euro countries get their slice of the cake a pretty good deal imho because alone we will never ever had the power to do so not even in the wet dreams of nationalistic Marie Le Pen and Farage.
    In the end there are thing that need to be done european had the simple choice to do it alone and enter the competition or jump on america bandwagon and get a smaller slice in exchange of smaller costs, the alternative that was set in place was EU but it didn't work and the same govs and media that blame imperialistic america also blame imperialistic EU.
    It's like that in europe, when trying to understand it you need to imagine each state in us with a governor like trump and a fox as the state television.
    We are getting to pay the price as the wars in the middle east are wars we got dragged in as we opposed them. We also are paying the price as the refugee crisis is at our not their doorstep. Perhaps you simply want to agree with everything i don't.

Also speak for your own nation only please, i dare to bet you never even seen more than 5 news broadcasts from any other nation. Since that line is absolute fabricated garbage if you want to turn it into a generalization. You're free to pin point where that bullshit you're spewing is present on this http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws you can even switch it to english.

But yes i guess in a country where the media is controlled by one of the biggest jokes in politics that used to run your nation, perhaps that's why you get that impression again, Italy is luckily not representative for the entire EU region.

The mightest nation that's ever existed very simply, doesn't need people White Knighting it and defending it's honor against slams, no matter how large or how smal.

That's how this loser thinks.

countries like Russia have to *look* powerful to compensate for extreme weaknesses. The US is incredibly powerful in actuality, which means that standing up against every insult to us is kind of... well. beneath us.

It is the privilege of the world's only superpower to be able to be able to pick its battles.

There is really no "choice" to be made as Europe is not just an active participant in Pax Americana, but it's vice architect.

Badmouthing us doesn't matter so long as the tangibles are in our mutual interests. To put it another way: talk is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    if you didnt notice mate, its also 70% of the eu mugs who are having a go at americans, i come from uk and i got no issue with the america like some of these people do.

its the goverments and the elites that people should be hating, not the america itself.
    If you're from the UK, you should know how it works. Ignore the rubble of peasants. They're not worth the attention and no matter what you do, you'll never elevate them out of the metaphorical dungheap of their station.

- - - Updated - - -

That is... quite the fantastically horrible and fortunately inaccurate description of the European mindset or how the EU works and operates.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    We are getting to pay the price as the wars in the middle east are wars we got dragged in as we opposed them. We also are paying the price as the refugee crisis is at our not their doorstep. Perhaps you simply want to agree with everything i don't.

Also speak for your own nation only please, i dare to bet you never even seen more than 5 news broadcasts from any other nation. Since that line is absolute fabricated garbage if you want to turn it into a generalization. You're free to pin point where that bullshit you're spewing is present on this http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws you can even switch it to english.

But yes i guess in a country where the media is controlled by one of the biggest jokes in politics that used to run your nation, perhaps that's why you get that impression again, Italy is luckily not representative for the entire EU region.
    the bullshit is that every nation in europe don't gain anything beside burdens from america defending it's interests around the world, everyone gain a slice of the cake you can go and see how many companies around europe gained from iraq post war rebuild or what is the percentage of oil business, yes even belgium gain from it.

We opposed them? lol what a politicians say to not be crucified on tv talk shows but behind the scene everyone is bantering their percentage.

I wonder if any european has done a little search to see what really their nation gain and lose from america partnership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That is... quite the fantastically horrible and fortunately inaccurate description of the European mindset or how the EU works and operates.
    this is the reality that european have desperately trying to avoid, we have the natural disposition to blame other but never take action ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Neither.

It is a World Cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    the bullshit is that every nation in europe don't gain anything beside burdens from america defending it's interests around the world, everyone gain a slice of the cake you can go and see how many companies around europe gained from iraq post war rebuild or what is the percentage of oil business, yes even belgium gain from it.

We opposed them? lol what a politicians say to not be crucified on tv talk shows but behind the scene everyone is bantering their percentage.

I wonder if any european has done a little search to see what really their nation gain and lose from america partnership.
    Yes we oppose them, go look back at the second Iraq war and see what happened there when Bush jr asked for support.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

this is the reality that european have desperately trying to avoid, we have the natural disposition to blame other but never take action ourselves.
    You're from Italy right? Please tell us what did Italy and Europe gain from Iraq, Libya Afghanistan and syria.
    Or in general, please tell us what did Europe gain from us foreign policies till 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The only major problem in the middle east I can think of that we had a major part in was Iran... which was mainly a British endevour.
    So you had a civil war and now you pretend to be two nations, but to the rest of us you still look really, really similar as much as you pretend otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Part of the problem is that when European countries withdrew from their colonies, they sort of left us to clean up their mess, which meant that all the hate that those people had toward Europeans just transferred over to us.
    Yes, because you kept having colonies (well, you call them "territories", but they effectly are colonies, really) all the while presuming moral high ground.
    "No taxation without representation, was it?" But taxation by the USA does not count, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The only major problem in the middle east I can think of that we had a major part in was Iran... which was mainly a British endevour.
    ?
    Right ok...

Iran in 53 which was an us/uk operation whether you like it or not, supporting Saddam against Iran post revolution, supporting what would become the Taliban (and what would develop into internationally active terrorist groups) in Afghanistan, blind support to the house of saud, blind support to Israel, support to the military junta in Egypt, removal of Saddam creating a huge power vacuum, removal of gheddafi, proxy war in syria.

And this is what I can think of on the spot. I'm sure there's more.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Here's a former prime minister of Denmark's take on the matter:

When he implies a lack of moral greatness is in Europe he is probably mostly thinking of his terms as prime minister and his own governments at the times moral value.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, because you kept having colonies (well, you call them "territories", but they effectly are colonies, really) all the while presuming moral high ground.
    "No taxation without representation, was it?" But taxation by the USA does not count, right?
    People living in territories don't pay federal taxes. Sure, they don't have representation either, but this is easily remedied by simply moving to the mainland US, which many have chosen to do, and enjoy the full privileges of US citizenship. How many subjects of the British Empire were able to do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    You're from Italy right? Please tell us what did Italy and Europe gain from Iraq, Libya Afghanistan and syria.
    Or in general, please tell us what did Europe gain from us foreign policies till 1990.
    And when he's done that don't forget to subtract all the refugee costs that Italy now needs support from the EU from to handle and the negative effects it has on trade and tourism in the south.

Some people on these forums think if you aren't allowed to speak negatively about anyone else you're just "hating", downright stupid.

Deleted
    The USA maintains its own power in the world. It is not a world police as it doesn't force bad nations back nor a world saviour as it doesn't save weak nations from horrible events.

Let me explain:
    At first, some 100 years ago, USA decided to impose its power in the Americas. Have you ever wondered why Cuba had an embargo? Why USSR managed to bring nukes there? Why Castro even got in power? Because of the USA.
    After Spain was outsted from Cuba, USA imposed a leader that become a dictator but they looked the other way. That's why Castro even got so much support. Why he got in power and why Cuba allied with the USSR.

But that's quite a bit of time ago, let's look at something more recent, Iran, Irak and Afghanistan.
    The USSR attempted an invasion of Afghanistan so the USA armed the groups there and supported them with training made by the CIA. One such group would later be known as Al'Quaeda.
    Iran, another issue. You might not know, but Iran was once quite a developed country, and modern too. Sure, maybe not as modern as Western countries, but still, women could drive and go out without headscarves and such. The CIA created a revolution however that imposed a dictator. People hated it, but those that rose against this were the extremist groups, who won and made Iran what it is today, a place where half of the population lives covered head to toe and supressed by the other half.
    Irak, another issue. USA first supported Iran in its war against Irak when Irak was attacking Kuweit. Then, when they lost power in Iran, they supported Irak against Iran. And eventually, they decided there's weapons of mass destruction in Irak and attacked it. And there were not. And due to the mess created, ISIS/Daesh rose. And we're still dealing with that.
    Saudi Arabia, one of the allies of the USA, supported by the USA as it's one of their allies... financed ISIS, Al'Quaeda and the civil war in Yemen that is happening now. All because the USA supported them.

I have other examples too, but for now I think this is enough. The Middle East is a mess due to USA. If they're the world saviour... I doubt it.
    The USA always supported their interests, no matter who got hurt. There was a single exception to this, Yugoslavia. Where indeed they fought against Slobodan Milosevic without it benefiting them as far as I know. There indeed their intervention might have saved quite a few.

So overall, that's the whole deal, if you're an ally of the USA and follow the leader so to say by always doing what you're supposed to, the USA will help you, no matter if you're good or bad. If you're not a friend to the USA, the USA will do everything to oust/destroy/force you to submit, no matter if you're good or bad.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-04-17 at 10:32 AM.