Poll: Who gave up more?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DKs lost more, DHs sacrificed more.

Both classes do spend an awful lot of time telling you just how much they lost/sacrificed...

We won't really see the downside of being a DK or DH because it would limit gameplay, but I highly doubt DHs would ever be allowed into Darnassus or DKs into Silvermoon.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2017-04-17 at 10:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im a worgen dk and i lost my chance on a tophat, i have lost everything!! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    What, do you think calling a bad argument bad is me trying to make myself sound smart? I'm really not, honestly. I'm telling you to look up a word in the dictionary because you seem to not understand its meaning.
    Dictionary definitions back up what I'm saying.

This was a question of who sacrificed more. The question was not "Who willingly damaged themselves more". It's not "Who surrendered their lives by their own consent."
    And the DKs didn't sacrifice anything. Because they never had a choice in the matter. Simple as that. They didn't chose to forsake their afterlife in exchange of being raised as undead warriors. DKs lost a whole damn lot. DHs sacrificed a whole lot. Big difference.

My DH loves S&M, but her blindfold kept falling over, got jizz in her eye and went blind from it. She's more annoyed than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My DH loves S&M, but her blindfold kept falling over, got jizz in her eye and went blind from it. She's more annoyed than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    +420 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Bearing their class narration-intro in mind, one might argue that the Death Knight PC willingly give up their life in the name of fighting the Scourge. It's left in nebulous territory and never really expanded upon however, so it's hard to say whether their death was the result of a willing "last stand" sort of circumstance or of they simply got unlucky and became some ghoul's plaything.

Demon Hunters are more straightforward in that sense. We know they willingly made the sacrifices required to become what they are and fight the Burning Legion. And while technically alive, one could argue that they have effectively killed the elf that they themselves used to be.

My vote goes for Demon Hunters, but only because the Death Knight origins are so uncertain.

7+ Year Old Account
    DK's didn't really sacrifice anything. They were killed, and then brought back against their will. They are what they are, they didn't really sacrifice anything. DH's willingly chose to bind themselves to demons, knowing what the outcome would be.

I freely admit I chuckle to when I play on my DK and the DH makes the comment about sacraficing everything.

From this thread it seems a lot of people don't agree that the DKs sacrificed much, which I find odd.

I mean the whole story of the DK is that they sacrificed their lives to try and hold back the scourge, while it's true they did not choose undeath, they did choose to put their lives and, in a way, their souls in danger by trying to stop the scourge (they knew death and being raised into undeath was a very real possibility). Once they get their free will back and helped defeat Arthas they chose to remain in undeath, as opposed to dying their 'final' death, to remain as Bolvar's and the Scourge's wardens, despite the fact that in Wrath it's explained that DKs actually suffer pain when they aren't inflicting violence, now grant it they often are involved in warfare, but it's not like back when they were part of the scourge where they actively seek out victims to torture (admittedly they do still engage in this, but usually it's part of the greater good, not something they actively seek out).

I'm not going to get into the argument of who actually sacrificed more, but yeah if there is any 'class' that can laugh at the NPC DH statement of "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?" it's the DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I freely admit I chuckle to when I play on my DK and the DH makes the comment about sacraficing everything.

From this thread it seems a lot of people don't agree that the DKs sacrificed much, which I find odd.

I mean the whole story of the DK is that they sacrificed their lives to try and hold back the scourge, while it's true they did not choose undeath, they did choose to put their lives and, in a way, their souls in danger by trying to stop the scourge (they knew death and being raised into undeath was a very real possibility). Once they get their free will back and helped defeat Arthas they chose to remain in undeath, as opposed to dying their 'final' death, to remain as Bolvar's and the Scourge's wardens, despite the fact that in Wrath it's explained that DKs actually suffer pain when they aren't inflicting violence, now grant it they often are involved in warfare, but it's not like back when they were part of the scourge where they actively seek out victims to torture (admittedly they do still engage in this, but usually it's part of the greater good, not something they actively seek out).

I'm not going to get into the argument of who actually sacrificed more, but yeah if there is any 'class' that can laugh at the NPC DH statement of "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?" it's the DK.
    You're not gonna get into the argument, huh? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    You're not gonna get into the argument, huh? Ok.
    No, they both sacrificed a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't help but find it funny that every time I talk to a DH NPC they say "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?".

Bitch, I'm an Undead Death Knight.
    My family (presumably) died to the plague during Warcraft III. I myself died.
    Then I was raised against my will as a Forsaken.
    Then I died again, and was raised against my will by the Lich King.
    Then I was forced to kill what few friends I had left in the starting area.
    All of which is not considered to be a sacrifice. Sacrifice is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals to a higher purpose, in particular divine beings, as an act of propitiation or worship. The DK... just got screwed. So in the Essence of the Question "Who sacrificed more?" The DH was the only one of the Two who willing gave up something of theirs to obtain what they wanted /needed.

Edit: Whenever I hear that "I've sacrificed Everything......" I always think.. "Nothing and I've got this Shiny Sweet Weapon for My efforts" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs haven't really sacrificed anything but generally I'd say their lives are more shit compared to DHs. Being raised from the dead against your will and made to commit atrocities probably isn't very fun while DHs took it upon themselves to sacrifice themselves to fight the greater evil out there, knowing they would be misunderstood and shunned from society. Least now DHs can presumably be accepted now. I feel like DKs are still not widely accepted and probably never will. At least not by the Alliance or paladin orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Mages gave up the cozy comforts of a peaceful Dalaran in their safe purple dome to interact with the world.
    This... sooooo much this. We just want to sit and Study our Arts, leave us alone, No... I will not come to you, to port you to another Continent (idc that "But... you're a mage it will take you a few seconds") No you may not have our Magey Snacks.

The true question should be : Who is more edgy?

and add two more options: Sylvanas and Illidan xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

DH, legit did nothing and cry for buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You can make your posts as big as they want and try to look as smart as you want, but this simple fact is inescapable: DKs had things stolen from them. The Lich King took their afterlife, their sense of self, damned them to a cursed existence. Nothing in there was the DK's choice, therefore there was no sacrifice from his part. The Demon Hunters, in the other hand, are shunned by the Night Elven society, seen as evil-doers, hunted by the Wardens, and wage a never-ending battle of wills in their minds against the demon inside them, and all of that happened because they chose so. The DK didn't sacrifice a single thing.
    In a Nutshell, they gave their lifes to destroy the Legion just like Dk in life gave their lifes to destroy the Scourge.

Just like a soldier, both accepted whatever could happen to then in the path to destroy their enemy, the difference is that DH like to rubber in others faces while Dk suffer in silence.

Being a Dk and a Dh is just the result of everything they gave.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-04-17 at 03:42 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    In a Nutshell, they gave their lifes to destroy the Legion just like Dk in life gave their lifes to destroy the Scourge.

Just like a soldier, both accepted whatever could happen to then in the path to destroy their enemy, the difference is that DH like to rubber in others faces while Dk suffer in silence.

Being a Dk and a Dh is just the result of everything they gave.
    Except that everything about their undead situation happened without their consent. They did not chose to become Death Knights.

Deleted
    If you want to be edgy af just play an undead holly priest, burning yourself everytime you use your holly power, that's what i call a real sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except that everything about their undead situation happened without their consent. They did not chose to become Death Knights.
    That depends on the Dk, right now the majority which are the fallen soldiers of the Broken isles accepted the Undeath to defeat the Legion.

Veterans however, the original Knights of the Ebon blade, were forced
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4