Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    If you want us to do that we'd probably need to be spending a trillion per year on the military
    it's not about wanting or capacity, it's about recognizing that what the US does is for it's own good, not any greater good. the OP uses the word world savior which is a bit over the top and which implies a greater good or selfless cause or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Has the US or any super power in history done so... ever?
    Nope, not once. Be glad we aren't pissing in your corn flakes but instead of the cornflakes of relative non-entities
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Without us and France you would not have Independence.

2 can play that game.
    If you want to go back over 200 years to the beginning of this country before it was even a country sure....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If you want to go back over 200 years to the beginning of this country before it was even a country sure....
    So you're just going to set an arbitrary decade as to how far we can go back?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sure who 'us' is.....
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I'm still not sure who 'us' is.....
    really? You can't extrapolate that US stands for United States?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    really? You can't extrapolate that US stands for United States?
    I mean it's in reference to him saying

Without us and France you would not have independence
    The notion that without the United States the United States wouldn't have independence is one of those mindbogglingly stupid comments I assume people don't make on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    European wars have died down primarily because of the EU making European nations inter-dependent on each other. Not because the US's dick waving.

The greatest crisis Europe has faced in decades is the direct fault of the US as well.
    Yeah okay. Keep telling yourself that, but without America or Russia you would all be speaking German.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Yeah okay. Keep telling yourself that, but without America or Russia you would all be speaking German.
    You're right, without my great grandfather fearing for his life in America he probably would have kept speaking his native language of German and my family might have taught it to me along with English. But alas, America has a long history of hating other cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You're right, without my great grandfather fearing for his life in America he probably would have kept speaking his native language of German and my family might have taught it to me along with English. But alas, America has a long history of hating other cultures.
    You're right we have a long history of hating other cultures when we are the largest melting pot in the world. Gtfo.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww man, the germans would be speaking German?
    Terrible!

You're right we have a long history of hating other cultures when we are the largest melting pot in the world. Gtfo.
    You don't understand American history very well do you? The US has hated the Irish, Italians, Germans(including Austrians like my great grandfather), eastern Europeans in general, Native Americans, African Americans, Japanese, and Chinese.

I'm probably forgetting a couple as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You fit the stereotype of this place, https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitAmericansSay/

10+ Year Old Account
    You fit the stereotype of this place, https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitAmericansSay/
    Well if the Turkish vote the other day is anything to go buy we seem to better at integrating than most of Europe, Among the US's Turkish voters only 15% voted yes, I think Germany had 60% vote yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the Turkish vote the other day is anything to go buy we seem to better at integrating than most of Europe, Among the US's Turkish voters only 15% voted yes, I think Germany had 60% vote yes.
    I, too, enjoy irrelevant factiods.

p.s
    Spain and U.K where very low.

Wasn't a typo it was all me?! I wasn't even the one who made the fucking typo it was Zenkai and are you seriously saying that people don't make typos within their own languages? If so that's the most retarded shit I've heard. If you are a fast typist your brain doesn't even differentiate in the moment between words that sound the same so you just automatically type without thinking. It has nothing to do with "native"

Britain may be in Europe but it's not called European English it's called british English, just how parisian/metropolitian french isn't called fucking European French, stop being fucking asinine.

Oh my America was in this alone wasn't they... oh wait no European countries were doing the same.
    Sorry if it wasn't you but him, but I have a 0 tolerance policy regarding typo excuses. Usually I don't comment on that, but when he gives someone else shit, I'll chime in. A typo is wn't or wno't or hey, why not wont, but two typos in one word with only 4 letters is laziness and he can't talk his way out of that. Stand by your own mistakes, but don't embarass yourself with cheap excuses like that. Yes, that was the "general you" and not you personally. :P

Yes, but Europeans give their countries shit for that as well. Unlike in the US, where the holy religion of "moar bombs" forbids any and all criticism of all things that go "Kaboom!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't you but him, but I have a 0 tolerance policy regarding typo excuses. Usually I don't comment on that, but when he gives someone else shit, I'll chime in. A typo is wn't or wno't or hey, why not wont, but two typos in one word with only 4 letters is laziness and he can't talk his way out of that. Stand by your own mistakes, but don't embarass yourself with cheap excuses like that. Yes, that was the "general you" and not you personally. :P

Yes, but Europeans give their countries shit for that as well. Unlike in the US, where the holy religion of "moar bombs" forbids any and all criticism of all things that go "Kaboom!"
    It's actually bad grammar to use 4 in a sentence instead of spelling it out "four." It's also bad form to spell out a number (two) and then four words later using "4." It's pretty lazy of you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wait wait wait. No one except Europe?
    You mean: "No one except the only place that actually borders the area"?
    It's not like they have anywhere to run.
    But yes, Australia and the US really handled the refugee crisis well!

Now they just need to handle their own education well and we perhaps we'll be spared from posts like yours.
    Turkey isn't having the issues that Europe is having. Neither is any non EU country that also borders the area where conflicts are driving refugees away. In the distance they go to get to places like Germany, they could've gone to anywhere in North Africa, India, Russia, maybe even China, and everywhere in between those places and Syria, yet the EU are the only ones experiencing these issues. That was because your politicians sold you out and gave them the best offer available which enticed them to go out of their way to go to Germany rather than countries that were closer. I find it funny that you insult American education, yet you don't seem to understand that there are a lot of other countries within a 2300 miles radius of Syria (which is about the distance to get from Syria to Germany).

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say it wasn't Europes fault. It's there now and we back them, not much that can be done about that. We need allies in the middle east and the Kurds are too fractured.
    Sorry, I thought you were saying that the only thing Europe did was that.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's actually bad grammar to use 4 in a sentence instead of spelling it out "four." It's also bad form to spell out a number (two) and then four words later using "4." It's pretty lazy of you.
    I'd be actually impressed by that lecture if you did it in German...

Btw, it's not bad grammar, it's bad form to not spell out numbers below 10. I've never had anyone tell me it's bad grammar before. It's kinda neat to see you nitpicking my post, proves the old truth that whenever someone goes grammar nazi on someone else, you can spot a mistake in his post. :P

I am lazy. I'm not hiding it. But I'm not inventing some bullshit reason to look better because of it, because I don't actually give a fuck if you like my numbers spelled out or not. This isn't my native language. But I'm also usually not one to nitpick other people's grammar... I'm picking on the dude that uses things like typo as an excuse or - worse - dyslexia. Boy, is he lucky he didn't say that. I'd still be all over his post two pages from now... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Turkey isn't having the issues that Europe is having. Neither is any non EU country that also borders the area where conflicts are driving refugees away. In the distance they go to get to places like Germany, they could've gone to anywhere in North Africa, India, Russia, maybe even China, and everywhere in between those places and Syria, yet the EU are the only ones experiencing these issues. That was because your politicians sold you out and gave them the best offer available which enticed them to go out of their way to go to Germany rather than countries that were closer. I find it funny that you insult American education, yet you don't seem to understand that there are a lot of other countries within a 2300 miles radius of Syria (which is about the distance to get from Syria to Germany).

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I thought you were saying that the only thing Europe did was that.
    Turkey has refugees from Syria in the millions. What the fuck are you on about?