Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    True, but where is proof of a Trump connection? You specifically said he was connected. So where is your proof?
    Trump would have to be the most incompetent business man on the planet if had spent decades trying to make deals in Russia without making connections. He bragged about his contacts with oligarchs, generals and "top-level" Russian government in 2015 after all.

What he did with his connections is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No, if they voted for the reason you stated second they're not guilty of misandry but rather being misinformed.
    There's plenty of evidence to show that he's a misogynistic asshole. If you can't find it, you aren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hilldog was not the kind of person I would want in the white house, she allowed her husband to humiliate her in front of the world and she stayed with him for the "presidential perks". Shes not a strong woman. A strong woman would have never stood for that shit show and filed for divorce the second it went public.

It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with being a self serving cunt.
    Wow, what does that say about Melania then?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Wow, what does that say about Melania then?
    That she shouldn't run for pres from what I read.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Saying that misogyny played a role isn't the same as saying that everyone who voted against Hillary was a misogynist. Similarly there was clear support for Trump from racists and white supremacists, that doesn't mean all Trump supporters are racists.

It makes it very difficult to discuss or tackle social issues when overly-sensitive snowflakes like yourself take everything so personally, before bursting into tears (very appropriate avatar by the way) try stepping back and asking if a statement is actually being directed at you, or if you're just putting yourself at the center of things to feed your victim mentality.
    While I do agree with your point, there is a subtle commentary that she's saying that shows she still just doesn't get it. She didn't actually say that everyone that voted for her was misogynist but clearly that was the implication by her for those that voted Trump. Maybe not all the way woman hating pigs, but that it played a part in everyone that voted for him.

Which is plainly stupid. Further, by this rationalization, and not really looking at the real reasons people didn't vote for her, and maybe it isn't just her, but the media people that asked this question, just goes to show that people still don't understand. Probably the very same reason we get constant Facebook deluges of fake Trump impeachment stories 15x per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    being a shit candidate played more of a role.
    Pretty much.

Were there people that voted against Hillary because she is a woman? Yes.

Were there people that voted for Hillary because she is a woman? Yes.

Misogyny may have been a factor but it was a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Women are still only 20% of the legislature in DC though, and there are Muslim countries that have had female heads of state before us.

I'm not saying that opposing (candidate) makes one sexist, or that we should vote for someone because they are a woman, but the days where women were expected to not have careers or be leaders are getting farther and farther behind us. If we continue onward, with women underrepresented at high levels of governance and still find ourselves having never had a woman leading us, we at least need to ask ourselves why.

The numbers will in all likelihood even out over time. By the time Millennials are as old as Boomers are today, this may not even be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I really just want her to stay in the woods for the good of the Democratic Party.

Clearly, we should worry more about being first in things like this and rush to elect officials based on gender, race and sexual orientation!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post

Will the Left finally concede that Obama was elected simply because of race? Or is this type of thing only an issue when their candidate loses?

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Will the Left finally concede that Obama was elected simply because of race? Or is this type of thing only an issue when their candidate loses?
    Nope, he wasn't elected simply because of his race. But his race did play a part on it, both for those voting for and against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with being a self serving cunt.
    So your argument is that the woman who spent 30+ years serving as a public servant in various capacities is "a self serving cunt" and is worse in that regard than the "billionaire" businessman who has routinely lied about his philanthropic work and participated in fraudulent activities included but not limited to construction and vending contracts, the Trump Foundation, and Trump University?

I don't see how that could possibly be true.

- - - Updated - - -

If being black was such a boon for being elected as president, you think there would have been a black president before Obama or even a black major party candidate before him.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course misogyny played a role she had a misogynist standing next to her most of the time

you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's just not helpful or productive. Hell, most of the GOP arguments are pretty easy to knock down anyway, there's no need to go all, "I'm offended!" over them. Just defeat them the regular way.
    Exactly, Trump is such a flawed character, he's easy to defeat if you don't throw your credibility out the window by making stories up and throwing around any insult you can at people who might support him. For some reason people just aren't learning, and are instead doubling down on what made them lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Clearly, we should worry more about being first in things like this and rush to elect officials based on gender, race and sexual orientation!
    That is definitely not what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-2016-election

The core of identity politics. It's never your fault, it's always your opponents who are bigots. Trumps re-election is almost certain since the democrats have chosen not to correct their course.
    I bet you came in your pants when you saw this. Passive/aggressive outrage. "Playing a role" doesn't equal "the entire reason why". Don't be a drama queen.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Trumps re-election is almost certain since the democrats have chosen not to correct their course.
    /sees polling numbers
    /sees how early it is into trumps term

suuure, keep telling yourself that. more OT it played about as significant a factor to her losing as the people who didn't vote for her because they think she's a lizard person from Absolon 34. go off and die in the woods Hillary, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post

I reject your implied definition of misogyny.

It isn't just overt "because she is a woman." It can also be in the explanation of the reason. If you didn't support Hillary because of a reason you would overlook in a male candidate ... that can be viewed as misogyny (even though I personally think that term is too used and too watered down).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Did misogyny play a role in her losing the nomination to obama in 2008 and 2012 also? Or was she just the weaker candidate?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Did misogyny play a role in her losing the nomination to obama in 2008 and 2012 also?
    She didn't run in 2012 ... the DNC just picked Obama. And possibly.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-2016-election

The core of identity politics. It's never your fault, it's always your opponents who are bigots. Trumps re-election is almost certain since the democrats have chosen not to correct their course.
    Eh, he isn't out of the woods just yet. When your approval is sub 50%, it's not hard to imagine losing to anyone really.

But, I agree that we have heard from Hillary every single possible reason that she might have lost, save one: Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Did misogyny play a role in her losing the nomination to obama in 2008 and 2012 also? Or was she just the weaker candidate?
    She made similar HUGE tactical errors in 2008, as she did in 2016. She never got on the Jeremiah Wright angle, for one. Any competent politician would have SMOKED Obama by pushing that story hard.

She ignored the fact that he launched his campaign from the living room of domestic terrorists. That should have been a huge deal, and was a huge mistake for him to make.

She also let him get away with his message of being the only no vote to the Iraq war. Sure, people were weary of the war, but being the only Senator to vote against it comes off as irresponsible, if you have even an ounce of respect for the rest of the Senate.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-04-18 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Eh, he isn't out of the woods just yet. When your approval is sub 50%, it's not hard to imagine losing to anyone really.

But, I agree that we have heard from Hillary every single possible reason that she might have lost, save one: Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

She made similar HUGE tactical errors in 2008, as she did in 2016. She never got on the Jeremiah Wright angle, for one. Any competent politician would have SMOKED Obama by pushing that story hard.

She ignored the fact that he launched his campaign from the living room of domestic terrorists. That should have been a huge deal, and was a huge mistake for him to make.

She also let him get away with his message of being the only no vote to the Iraq war. Sure, people were weary of the war, but being the only Senator to vote against it comes off as irresponsible, if you have even an ounce of respect for the rest of the Senate.
    Every single thing you suggested here was NON STOP FUCKING WALL TO WALL COVERAGE ON FOX NEWS and it didn't stop obama from winning the primary, being elected and or being reelected. Do you really think that would have made a single fucking difference if hillary did it?