Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I am not the one whining for a nerf to ANY class/spec. Fury does the same dmg whether they are in arena, rbgs or bgs. The difference is player skill and because turds in bgs can't handle a Fury warrior it should be nerfed? If they are "GOD" of pvp right now (as the title states) then they would be dominating rated and casual, arena and bgs.
    This.

Amazing how a spec can go from literally the worst in the game (S1 was absolute hell in any form of PvP including casual. Maxing prestige then was a hell I'd never like to do on a spec that bad again.) to "OP PLZ NERF" simply because of damage that other specs are capable of dishing out? You guys can cry mobility but anybody with half a brain understands that this spec is entirely shut down by roots.

You guys cry about the health but refuse to look at the fact that even while talented we take more damage and also have no real defensive CDs outside enraged regen - which is pretty awful unless you can spam bloodthirst on a target and/or combo it with furious charge. That self healing you're crying about? I'm pretty sure any sane fury warrior would trade it for real defensive that can't be entirely countered by a root, stun, disarm or just being outranged.
    Slaugtherhouse is the reason you see fury warriors able to barely sustain themselves at 1% and see the above to l2p to deal with that. You guys aren't complaining about drain soul because people have the common sense to interrupt it.

There's a reason you don't see this spec super high represented on the ladder.
    Arms is far more powerful, brings far more utility, is harder to kill and fits better with more comps in general.

My shadow priest is slowly starting to catch up in both AP and gear. That thing feels like far more of a threat than my fury warrior has this entire expansion.
    I can switch arms and be far more of a threat in rated PvP.

Just because you find a class annoying does not mean it's overpowered. A class that's "easy to play" but viable does not mean it's over powered.
    The stats don't lie. Fury is an easy to play spec that belongs to one of the more popular classes played in the game. If the spec were actually overpowered we'd be seeing a large % of them above 1800, but it's arms that's dominate. Feral, Ehnc, and Ret have higher representation than fury - nerf them?

Stop with the hyperbole and look outside the random BG box.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    This.
    Just because you find a class annoying does not mean it's overpowered. A class that's "easy to play" but viable does not mean it's over powered.
    The stats don't lie. Fury is an easy to play spec that belongs to one of the more popular classes played in the game. If the spec were actually overpowered we'd be seeing a large % of them above 1800, but it's arms that's dominate. Feral, Ehnc, and Ret have higher representation than fury - nerf them?

Stop with the hyperbole and look outside the random BG box.
    One day youll wake up and realize that the people who pay the bills for this MMO deserve to have fun, too, and that it isn't people who Arena, who are miniscule portion of the even the PvP base, much less the player base.

stop with the hyperbole and look outside the LOLDETHMATCHBAWKS.

Deleted
    Arms is better in random bgs, atleast for me. Prot stance helps you against more competetive players and healing debuff fixes healers

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    This is sort of my point. By the time he gets to the point where he is OP as the Warrior (he'll NEED full AP weap and at least 8% ilvl boost if he wants to go around melting faces) it'll take a while. AK 20 won't be enough for him to get the 35 traits he needs unless they nerfed the amount required in 7.2.

Not saying he'll be bad, but he definitely won't be going in and killing everyone like a geared up fully AP'd Warrior can. Especially in world PvP where he'll probably get 2 shotted by geared people.
    You get 26AK instant now though, if you can send over enough resources to your alt. Buy the 20 AK token, then buy 5 researches from the vendor, then do the quest.

But yeah, it takes atleast one week to get to the gear lvl needed to start doing the high numbers. And with friends boosting in M+, getting the AP needed isn't too time consuming either.
    This requires friends/guild mates who want to drag your fresh 110 ass through m+ for gear and AP though, so perhaps not for the average Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    One day youll wake up and realize that the people who pay the bills for this MMO deserve to have fun, too, and that it isn't people who Arena, who are miniscule portion of the even the PvP base, much less the player base.

stop with the hyperbole and look outside the LOLDETHMATCHBAWKS.
    So you are saying "People who don't know how to play deserve to have fun too!" This means that the call for a nerf to Fury is only justified by people who don't know how to play their own class. This makes sense..... when I face a class/spec that wrecks me it should be auto-nerf because that was not fun for me? Well my Fury warrior is pretty low ilvl and artifact so should the rest of the world be nerfed to cater to me?

This is the "everyone is a winner" mentality that is ridiculous. If you don't know what you are doing in PvP you SHOULD get smacked around until you learn how to play. I do not queue bgs to hold hands with the other team and make sure they are having fun. I go into a bg ready to annihilate and make sure you have a bad night
    Last edited by Bearilla; 2017-04-13 at 02:43 PM.

So you are saying "People who don't know how to play deserve to have fun too!"
    No, you're the one making the (unproven, terrible, and incorrect) assumption that people who dont like rated Deathmatchbox "dont know how to play".

This means that the call for a nerf to Fury is only justified by people who don't know how to play their own class. This makes sense..... when I face a class/spec that wrecks me it should be auto-nerf because that was not fun for me? Well my Fury warrior is pretty low ilvl and artifact so should the rest of the world be nerfed to cater to me?

This is the "everyone is a winner" mentality that is ridiculous.
    No, this is the "i'm a paying customer and if the game isn't fun for me i wont be a paying customer anymore" mentality. When enough people aren't having fun, you dont make enough money to support the game anymore. PvP participation has tanked hard this xpac. It's not rocket surgery as to why.

If you don't know what you are doing in PvP you SHOULD get smacked around until you learn how to play. I do not queue bgs to hold hands with the other team and make sure they are having fun. I go into a bg ready to annihilate and make sure you have a bad night
    Then you're a griefer. Gotcha.

I go in to win, but it matters to me that the other guys are having fun. (You can have fun and still lose, strange concept, i know). One sided roflstomps aren't fun for anyone.

No, you're the one making the (unproven, terrible, and incorrect) assumption that people who dont like rated Deathmatchbox "dont know how to play".
    I think it is fair to say there is a higher density population of unskilled players in random bgs than in ranked arena/rbg. However, I have no statistics to back this up. This is based off of personal experience.

No, this is the "i'm a paying customer and if the game isn't fun for me i wont be a paying customer anymore" mentality. When enough people aren't having fun, you dont make enough money to support the game anymore. PvP participation has tanked hard this xpac. It's not rocket surgery as to why.
    So what makes your experience more valid than mine or anyone else's? Just because YOU don't know how to handle a class does not mean the world is oblivious also? Maybe it is a l2p issue.... but no, it can't be user error, right? I mean you know how to counter EVERY class/spec minus Fury because there is ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTER.... GET REAL!

You really think you are going to hurt Blizz by not renewing your sub? People are going to continue to play even if PvP has tanked. We know this because we are living it right now. For you to think Fury war is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back is pretty funny.

Then you're a griefer. Gotcha.

I go in to win, but it matters to me that the other guys are having fun. (You can have fun and still lose, strange concept, i know). One sided roflstomps aren't fun for anyone.
    I guess I don't know what a "griefer" is..... if you mean I play to win, then yes, that is me!

So if happiness of everyone in the bg matters to you how do you make sure the other team is having a good time? Do you message them post game and discuss the match?

I appreciate a good game. I never said a game has to be a "one sided roflstomp", I said I go into games with the intent of smashing the other team. If it is a close game, cool. If it is a one sided win for my team (Horde), Alliance better go back to the drawing board because I am not hitting the brakes to make sure they are having a good time. If my team gets annihilated and I did my part (taking flags/bases, focusing heals/efc, peeling for heals/fc), then they need to pull their heads out and stop wasting time on MMO-Champ QQing about Fury wars.
    Last edited by Bearilla; 2017-04-14 at 04:01 PM.

I think it is fair to say there is a higher density population of unskilled players in random bgs than in ranked arena/rbg. However, I have no statistics to back this up. This is based off of personal experience.
    Not even going to try to argue that. A "higher density" of less-skilled players doesn't mean that everyone who plays BGs (even just Randoms, not RBGs) is unskilled. I hate rated play because it breeds a cancerous "community". I'm interested in strategic gameplay, not tactical gameplay, so i loathe Arena and have never played it for more than a few games to get some CQ points.

So what makes your experience more valid than mine or anyone else's? Just because YOU don't know how to handle a class does not mean the world is oblivious also? Maybe it is a l2p issue.... but no, it can't be user error, right? I mean you know how to counter EVERY class/spec minus Fury because there is ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTER.... GET REAL!
    You... uh... are inventing whole swathes of things i've never said. At all. I made no mention (at all, in any posts in this thread) of a particular class or balance issue. I am talking, and have been talking, this entire time, about the general issue of "we only tune for 3v3" making the activity that the VAST MAJORITY of PvPers participate in worse. Nothing more. I have no firm opinion on any particular class other than monks and DHs, and it isn't "those classes are unmanageable" so much as my personal disagreement that they get CC baked into offensive actions, which should just not ever be a thing. CC should come at an opportunity cost.

You really think you are going to hurt Blizz by not renewing your sub? People are going to continue to play even if PvP has tanked. We know this because we are living it right now. For you to think Fury war is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back is pretty funny.
    Again, you're inventing things ive never said. I have no strong opinion about Fury. (Except wPvP but that's not super relevant because wPvP is pure Herpaghonnachipilaids). I dont think Fury is going to be the "straw the broke the camels back" (never said any such thing) - in fact, its not any particular class. Its just the general un-fun that PvP has become.

Here's a hint at how bad subs are dropping, and how much of an affect it is having: Blizzard no longer even tells their own shareholders how many subs there are or how profitable WoW actually is. People who are leaving because they aren't having fun IS an issue.

I guess I don't know what a "griefer" is..... if you mean I play to win, then yes, that is me!
    No, it means you're a jerk who takes pleasure in ruining other peoples' fun. I.E. you have fun by ruining other peoples' fun.

I'd rather play with blind people who are using PS4 controllers than have a single griefing dickbag on my team.

Again, you're inventing things ive never said. I have no strong opinion about Fury. (Except wPvP but that's not super relevant because wPvP is pure Herpaghonnachipilaids). I dont think Fury is going to be the "straw the broke the camels back" (never said any such thing) - in fact, its not any particular class. Its just the general un-fun that PvP has become.

No, it means you're a jerk who takes pleasure in ruining other peoples' fun. I.E. you have fun by ruining other peoples' fun.

I'd rather play with blind people who are using PS4 controllers than have a single griefing dickbag on my team.
    You are posting in a thread titled "Fury warrior is the god of PvP right now! Both in instanced as world pvp". My whole argument was that Fury is not OP and you commented on a post from Schwert agreeing with me that Fury is not OP. Granted he did mention arena presence in his post (I believe this is what your argument is focusing on) but I was only including rated to prove my point.

IF Fury is so OP then it would be dominating rated. Because it is not dominating rated how could it possibly be dominating casual? IT DOES THE SAME DMG IN ALL INSTANCE BASED PVP REGARDLESS! Getting onto a forum to bitch about a class you (in general not you specifically) don't know how to handle in a BG is a joke. Just a bunch of whining children.

Balancing around 3's is what they do. I don't necessarily agree with it (and I never said I did) but I don't think they are going to change their ways, so I deal with it. Most of my time is spent in random bgs also.

I never said anything about making sure MY team had a bad time (seems like you are assuming this)..... my original statement was more for imagery but I do aim to absolutely destroy. To me this means the person on the receiving end will not be having a good time. If me winning means the other team is unhappy then that is what it is. I have much more fun winning than losing. So if I have to choose I pick me being happy over my competition. Sorry not sorry I guess.....

hi I am a mage, my attack consists of spamming frostbolt. A few seasons ago I could break 2200 in 2s as double mage by opening and spamming instant ice lance.

IF Fury is so OP then it would be dominating rated. Because it is not dominating rated how could it possibly be dominating casual? IT DOES THE SAME DMG IN ALL INSTANCE BASED PVP REGARDLESS!
    That is not a valid comparison. In rated play, the players involved are generally more aware and capable of shutting down a player. For instance, in an unrated random BG a fury warrior can use their damage coolddowns and for the most part tunnel a player. In rated play, as soon as they use offensive cooldowns they will get rooted, stunned, cloned, etc until those cooldowns are over. Same general thing can be applied to arena where at lower ratings it is easy to dominate as a DH, fury, frost DK, etc because you just get to open on people without recourse. In higher rated play, you get shut down with something as simple as a root.

Then there is the skill level of the warrior. Just because they are a warrior does not mean they understand how to use their abilities effectively, how to be in the right position, which target is weak, etc.

Essentially all things are not equal as you suggest between unrated and rated play. All things are not equal between low rated and high rated play either. All things are not equal between some team compositions of the opponent and the warrior.

I think the main counter for fury warriors are roots. The reason why fury warriors are strong in random BGs is because roots are extremely weak this expansion. They break way to early from damage, and I think it's also one of the reasons some ranged specs are so miserable to play this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    That is not a valid comparison. In rated play, the players involved are generally more aware and capable of shutting down a player. For instance, in an unrated random BG a fury warrior can use their damage coolddowns and for the most part tunnel a player. In rated play, as soon as they use offensive cooldowns they will get rooted, stunned, cloned, etc until those cooldowns are over. Same general thing can be applied to arena where at lower ratings it is easy to dominate as a DH, fury, frost DK, etc because you just get to open on people without recourse. In higher rated play, you get shut down with something as simple as a root.

Then there is the skill level of the warrior. Just because they are a warrior does not mean they understand how to use their abilities effectively, how to be in the right position, which target is weak, etc.

Essentially all things are not equal as you suggest between unrated and rated play. All things are not equal between low rated and high rated play either. All things are not equal between some team compositions of the opponent and the warrior.
    I agree with you that not all players are equal. The one variable that has not changed is the warrior. So, from what you are saying, Fury should be nerfed because not all players are equal and even though they are easily shutdown by good players, bad players don't know how to deal with them. This is blowing my mind!

The abilities that a warrior has do NOT change regardless of who is behind the keyboard. Even though person A may be able to play war better than person B, the character/spec has the EXACT SAME abilities. They do the EXACT SAME damage regardless of who is hitting the buttons. If the class/spec was truly OP then it would be dominating rated as well as casual. It is not my fault that I can use cooldowns and a person just sits there. THIS DOES NOT WARRANT A NERF!!!!!! This is a l2p issue. That is like saying that a class should be changed because not all people know how to play it optimally.

This is RIDICULOUS! You have to see how ridiculous this is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I think the main counter for fury warriors are roots. The reason why fury warriors are strong in random BGs is because roots are extremely weak this expansion. They break way to early from damage, and I think it's also one of the reasons some ranged specs are so miserable to play this expansion.
    This tends to hold true against most melee classes, but I don't think roots are too weak there are also alot of slows which hurt warriors. But warriors are extremely good at sticking on ranged, and they have a ton of burst. The trick is really peels peels all day and night. Keep those melee as far away as you can kite them around pillars. Never group up fury warriors can cleave extremely well. But yeah in random bgs they tend to dominate along with other melee classes. In an unorganized environment it's a lot harder for ranged to survive against somewhat "all in" classes/specs like fury warrior. You generally don't get the heals or the peels to fight them effectively.

And in terms of world pvp, they haven't balanced for it in a long time. Kinda sad but WPVP is dead currently. Atleast in the sense of raiding major cities and things like that. Ganking is still a thing but that's hardly something relevant to the PvP meta.

I agree with you that not all players are equal. The one variable that has not changed is the warrior. So, from what you are saying, Fury should be nerfed because not all players are equal and even though they are easily shutdown by good players, bad players don't know how to deal with them. This is blowing my mind!

The abilities that a warrior has do NOT change regardless of who is behind the keyboard. Even though person A may be able to play war better than person B, the character/spec has the EXACT SAME abilities. They do the EXACT SAME damage regardless of who is hitting the buttons. If the class/spec was truly OP then it would be dominating rated as well as casual. It is not my fault that I can use cooldowns and a person just sits there. THIS DOES NOT WARRANT A NERF!!!!!! This is a l2p issue. That is like saying that a class should be changed because not all people know how to play it optimally.

This is RIDICULOUS! You have to see how ridiculous this is, right?
    I am not sure how you think that I am calling for warrior nerfs? You are making some very sophomoric mistakes in logic that make it difficult to have a discussion with you. I honestly feel like you are trolling. When you say the abilities do the exact same damage regardless of who is behind the keyboard, you completely ignore everything I just pointed out. Hitting button A on disc priest does X damage. Hitting button A on disc priest while they have pain suppression up does X*.6 damage. That is a pretty large difference and totally dependent on the person behind the keyboard.

If that is too much for you to grasp, then I am walking away from you now.

I don't pvp often, therefore I'm not very good at it. I think I'm a pretty good warrior though, generally speaking.

But whenever I do random BGs or the brawls I find that I am absolutely dominating. I do an absurd amount of damage while simultaneously healing a ton with furious charge and enraged regeneration. Then to top it off I have so much mobility with heroic leap and 2 charges.

Was on a team in EOTS with 5 Fury Warrs, the score was 1500 to 460. Of course it's only casual pvp, but I feel like it's bad enough to make people just not want to play pvp at all. It's insane.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I don't pvp often, therefore I'm not very good at it. I think I'm a pretty good warrior though, generally speaking.

But whenever I do random BGs or the brawls I find that I am absolutely dominating. I do an absurd amount of damage while simultaneously healing a ton with furious charge and enraged regeneration. Then to top it off I have so much mobility with heroic leap and 2 charges.

Was on a team in EOTS with 5 Fury Warrs, the score was 1500 to 460. Of course it's only casual pvp, but I feel like it's bad enough to make people just not want to play pvp at all. It's insane.
    They could probably do with a little tweaking but in general most of the "Omg OP!" is from lack of coordination to stop them from just training people. I'm not a fury warrior but I'm a frost DK and a perfect example of this is when people let me sit ontop of them or stack up. I absolutely shred just about anything. However a good ranged that can kite me or a strong healer that knows when to run or stun/root me I get destroyed. It's really all about keeping melee from dpsing and in turn healing.

However yes fury warriors (melee in general) could do with a bit of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    hi I am a mage, my attack consists of spamming frostbolt. A few seasons ago I could break 2200 in 2s as double mage by opening and spamming instant ice lance.
    lol i remember those days, i f hated facing 2x mage as a ret in 2s (i also ran 2x dps).

In regards of rated pvp= Arms by far better as several ppl above pointed out, and very strong atm (best melee atm in my humble opinion for 3s)

In regards of casual pvp= Fury wars are not as op as other specs...on my alt DH every time i face 2x war team in a skrimish, i ask my partner to let me 1v2, and so far i never lost 1v2 2x fury or fury/arms or 2x arms war team. On my main Ret, i dont have issue 1v1 war either. my point its L2play issue (as some1 else pointed out above).

Every spec has a hard counter, I am sure BM hunters can /lol at a fury war while running around pillar LOSing war, as pets raping war's butt.

Deleted
    Got my Fury warrior up to par with pvp and artifact talents within a week and wrecking faces as we speak.

What I like most of all, even more than the amazing damage output, is the survivability. I always thought warrior was the one class that needed a pvp healer. Well, not anymore :P

It's almost like battles are fought by WARRIORS, not a bunch of druids in chicken form and w/e other nonsense other classes do.

When warriors are strong games are fun and fast. When wizards are strong you usually sit in cc while they kite you and/or just never f'king die. I may be biased as an ex-warrior main but here's to hoping warriors remain at the top because I'm still having flashbacks to the horrors of MoP. And the mmo-c MoP-loving circlejerk wishing for MoP locks to come back certainly doesn't help, with those same people telling you how 'warrior is ez mode, feel bad about yourself'. Irony is lost on them.