Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The problem with that is that those numbers are highly inaccurate. A lot of their data relies on others submitting data and such via their addon. I wouldn't be surprised if like 1% of the WoW population runs it or even knows of that website.

Does everyone have to try to find some reason to spell doom and gloom for something that isn't needed?
    Do.. you understand statistics and sampling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I know right. And take a look at this!

That's even less than guild recruitment! Sport is dead. Fitness is dead. Cancel subscription to sport.
    This is a very specific gaming forum about one game. And almost as much people are interested in sports than guilds (huge part of wow)

The game's in great shape now and bustling with activity. I estimate sub numbers to be at around 8m

Maybe because the patch was nothing but more busywork, and no real content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

I rest my case.

Why didn't you post these?
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The game's in great shape now and bustling with activity. I estimate sub numbers to be at around 8m
    Radical bait.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    This is a very specific gaming forum about one game. And almost as much people are interested in sports than guilds (huge part of wow)
    Most people on this forum already have guilds.

Go to page 1 of the recruitment forums and tell me the average amount of posts per thread.
    Go to page 51 and tell me the average amount of posts per thread.
    Go to page 501 and tell me the average amount of posts per thread.
    Go to page 1001 and tell me the average amount of posts per thread.

Same trend stretching back years.

You all blow your load to fast. Slow down and smell the roses. Go see the sun and hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I know right. And take a look at this!

That's even less than guild recruitment! Sport is dead. Fitness is dead. Cancel subscription to sport.
    Uh.......... do I even need to explain why that comparison is complete shit....?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Uh.......... do I even need to explain why that comparison is complete shit....?
    Read my above post. I don't care if you think it's shit. I'm pointing out that it's a shitty metric to use because I actually took time out to look at the recruitment posting history.

I think you are very, very confused as to what 100% correct means when using sample data.

Even if we pretend that this data is accurate (horde only graph you posted that shows July twice and people playing Demon Hunters in Apr 2016 lol?), activity levels now are still higher than they were the last months of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by garethrogue View Post
    * insert FFXIV expansion CGI trailer *
    Sick CGI trailer bruh, not sure what that was suppose to proof :')

Anyway I tried FFXIV on release and quickly got bored of the 2.5s gcd and the weird looking moves and or combo's, while flashy and all it didn't really appealed and felt slow but to each their own ( not even gonna comment about the button bloat at max lvl, that shit was over the top )

Also not sure what the reason was to post this, if people didn't ran from WoW to FFXIV on release they are not gonna do so for the 2nd expansion pack neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    If 1% uses that addon then that is perfect!
    I don't use that addon, 99% of the population don't either, so, good job i guess? I am still playing but i won't show up in those number, but maybe the 10k people that use it will!

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I don't use that addon, 99% of the population don't either, so, good job i guess? I am still playing but i won't show up in those number, but maybe the 10k people that use it will!
    The addon doesn't just count the people who are using it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    can we just stop with these "wow is dying threads" they are 13 years old now, its just... god...

cause even this data is horrible
    cause guess what, that number is actually rather high, because near the release of legion lots of people resubb, so that "super low number" was most likely 6-8 million

example of what it most likely looked like, we are not back down at the lowest of the low that wod was, we are just near the level that people were swarmed in getting prepped for legion

so stop trying to act like we are at worse numbers then wod...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-04-18 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe addon isn't accurate but it dosent change the fact patch as for now is nothing special, also i dare say, it's main opponent (for me at least) as middle patch is 5.2, which was much better and offer more (but it was back when there was not all rng, they just introduced warforged back then, and look where we are now )

Unless I'm missing something, I notice two things: 1. average activity levels per class are still quite a bit higher than the end of WoD despite OP's claims 2. this is with an additional class, meaning per class activity would be even higher if not for Demon Hunters skewing the post-Legion data for other classes.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Wasn't one key complaint about Legion is that it's too alt-unfriendly. I'm sure if they frontloaded everyone with hours of content, the altoholics will be throwing their collective toys out of their prams.
    Case and point. Staggered content or not. Blizzard will never satisfy everyone. NEVER!
    Of course, but that wasn't my point. My point was that they made stealth ilvl scaling change, which made plenty of people angry(see official forums) and rest were like "okay then...". They tried to make content harder than it was before. Which was senseless and strictly very stupid.

No surprise. The extreme amount of gating in 7.2 fucking sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean there seems to be some good money in much shorter games too. A game of hearthstone can be picked up whenever you want and the games are really quick. Same goes for Overwatch, short matches and you can jump in and out. When it comes to a MMO the time investment is usually higher and some people just can't devote some of the hours required anymore.
    Funnily enough, since the birth of my daughter around a fortnight ago, I've been experimenting to see exactly how well these games work. The bottom line is that Hearthstone, by MILES, is the easiest to play. You get short breaks, you only need one hand, and I can do other things with a baby and still play to 100%. No other game really allows that (as far as Blizzard is concerned).

I only play Overwatch and Heroes a little, but you lose a game if the baby cries. As a result, I don't play them at all anymore.

Surprisingly, Diablo 3 is good to dip in and out of. You can't keep up with a season or anything, of course, but you can dive in for a level, do some bounties, and then chill out. It's a horrible E-Sport, however.

World of Warcraft has actually gotten much better, thanks to the wonderful World Quest system, but I essentially need to entirely forget about group play. A dungeon takes up to twenty minutes, and I just can't guarantee that I'll get the time. Even queuing for LFR can be painful because I don't know when I'm needed, and I dislike AFKing through an instance of any type. Raiding is completely out.

When you consider the amount King makes from its games like Farmville, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch, as well as sheer volume of games that can be found on platforms like Facebook, I think we can see where gaming is going.

I hope I'm wrong because I love MMORPGs, but it's hard to even describe World of Warcraft as one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I mean I kind of LIKED being able to choose some items I got through the justice badge system or reforging items to try and get a bit more stats I did want on an item. I wish crafting was way better than it is so there would be something to work towards. It is a bit TOO much on the RNG side of things now.
    A lot of great things were done with crafting in this expansion, but the rewards at the end just aren't worth it. The game potentially should be delivering an expansion-through questline for items of greater power, or new recipes as we move on (similar to Mists). Crafted legendaries are a good step in the right direction, but a pain with the limit we have on 'em.