Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

So, WQ leeching appears to be a big thing now

Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.

Deleted
    What can you honestly expect? The world quests themselves are so fucking boring, now try and make someone do them 10000 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    Appropriate name and unsurprising.

It's a minor issue to be honest, and I don't blame them for doing it. If it bothers you, you can leave the group and get a new group with WQF in seconds.

kick them whenever you're group leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account

It was happening the entire WOD expansion when areas had percentage based tasks to complete a quest. Apexis crystals. Invasions, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    But...but...but...flying makes the game better. Everybody said so!
    /s

Also, I can't help but appreciate the irony of your name in this topic.

Deleted
    It really doesn't matter... If everybody is doing it nothing will be done so they will act

I know, it's great. Been doing it since long befor flying came out though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    But...but...but...flying makes the game better. Everybody said so!
    /s

Also, I can't help but appreciate the irony of your name in this topic.
    If server hop isn't banned WQGF won't be

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    If it bothers you, you can leave the group and get a new group with WQF in seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    kick them whenever you're group leader
    That's what I do too.

Also, the matchmaking addon got us a little spoiled, we don't have to group up for every WQ, some are better to do alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    who groups for world quests??

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You just invite randoms and they do it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Most people? It makes em much much faster like literally finish in 15 seconds on some

Its also ripe for abuse for bots it would seem. I've had people join my groups 1000+ yards away and have under 1.5 million health. I immediately remove them.

That's why I just go solo for all my world quests,I'm all for group play but it's been a leechfest since day one,and world quests are trivial anyways

Deleted
    Sometimes I do it unintentionally because something distracts me and I forget I'm in a group. I don't think it's a big deal really. Being in a group of 5, it's still faster than doing it solo, even with the occasional leech here and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    That's why I just go solo for all my world quests,I'm all for group play but it's been a leechfest since day one,and world quests are trivial anyways
    Well going solo you're still slowing yourself down. You won't even notice the leeches if you are busy doing the quest.

This behavior does not affect you in any way shape or form. Not that I condone it, but still, that person on his mount doesn't affect you AT ALL. Just suck it up and move on, you would have killed X creatures anyways. How does 1 person sitting on their mount hurt you? Next you will complain about that person sitting in trade chat, on another server, who isn't helping you. After that, the refugee in Kekistan, who is cooking his dinner, why isn't he helping you.

Oh, the horror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Sometimes I do it unintentionally because something distracts me and I forget I'm in a group. I don't think it's a big deal really. Being in a group of 5, it's still faster than doing it solo, even with the occasional leech here and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Well going solo you're still slowing yourself down. You won't even notice the leeches if you are busy doing the quest.
    The quests are already superfast. Woo, it takes me 1 minute vs 3!! Uh... OK.

Aside from a few that make you pick up things yourself to give credit, pretty much every aspect of WQ is better/faster in a group.