Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Aff just got nerfed.

Malefic Grasp While channeling Drain Soul, your damage over time effects deal 40% increased damage to the target. Affliction Warlock - Level 15 Talent.

From 70 to 40%.

ouch

Deleted
    demo too. ~-20% imp dmg. blizz fucked us up and try to farm ap for the shitty destru weapon.

7+ Year Old Account
    good, fuck affliction

and don't even get me started on this clunky shit spec deprived of its class fantasy, aka demo

Quote Originally Posted by LuluLoco View Post
    demo too. ~-20% imp dmg. blizz fucked us up and try to farm ap for the shitty destru weapon.
    Yep, time to start saving AP for sure. I'm not investing a single point until I figure out how bad this is going to be for these specs.

Demon doesnt get just nerfs. Hand of guldan has its damage almost x3.

I imagine they're just shifting damage around like they typically do during PTR's. Generally takes a few builds for things to star making sense.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Malefic Grasp While channeling Drain Soul, your damage over time effects deal 40% increased damage to the target. Affliction Warlock - Level 15 Talent.

From 70 to 40%.

ouch
    Notice Haunt got buffed as well. The three choices in the lvl 15 talents are much better balanced. Haunt for priority add burst, wia for council fights, MG for single target. The overall damage of all specs will be handled at the end of the 7.2.5 ptr cycle. Relax friend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demon doesnt get just nerfs. Hand of guldan has its damage almost x3.
    Was going to post the same. It shifts damage from imps to the caster, which helps on AOE and isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluLoco View Post
    Well, its not 20% of total imp damage, its 20% of imp bonus damage, about 6% of their damage. But hey, HoG got buffed by almost 200%!

Haunt is the clear cut choice now the down time even without mob dying is 5 seconds which is just enough time to cast your dots

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Notice Haunt got buffed as well. The three choices in the lvl 15 talents are much better balanced. Haunt for priority add burst, wia for council fights, MG for single target. The overall damage of all specs will be handled at the end of the 7.2.5 ptr cycle. Relax friend

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to post the same. It shifts damage from imps to the caster, which helps on AOE and isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Yep, Im agree with that. Great help to AoE in exchange for a 2% nerf per lvl of the Imps trait. Probably its worth.

More demo changes are needed IMHO, specially with the "must go" talents and the terrible target switching. But in fact this change helps the target switching.

Let's hope they change the set bonus too

Quote Originally Posted by jojoushi View Post
    Let's hope they change the set bonus too
    This is my problem with the current change. The T20 set bonus effectively pigeon holes us into MG - with the current changes, this set will be extremely weak.

The only thing I can think of here is that in a future build they're increasing our baseline dot damage and that change was making the 70% MG entirely too strong. If this is the case, this would actually be a really good change, as it could effectively keep MG pretty much where it is now, while increasing our multi-dot capability.

Without any changes to our baseline dot damage, however, this change is pretty brutal.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a change to our tier set. Blizzard doesn't think things through...

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    good, fuck affliction

and don't even get me started on this clunky shit spec deprived of its class fantasy, aka demo
    Fuck whatever spec you play as well you salty cry baby.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-04-19 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I wrote "ouch". I'm not freaking out. No need for me to relax. I'm as relaxed as can be. Obviously not the end of the tuning anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Well, its not 20% of total imp damage, its 20% of imp bonus damage, about 6% of their damage. But hey, HoG got buffed by almost 200%!

I'm happy about the HOG buff. It always seemed like a spell that should do much more dmg, maybe just cause i like the name of the spell

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I imagine they're just shifting damage around like they typically do during PTR's. Generally takes a few builds for things to star making sense.

There is nothing that makes sense about this. at 40% MG just doesn't look attractive, WiA still takes too long to be useful on most fights, and Haunt still looks like crap. Add in Conduit nerf, which if course can be circumvented by Effigy, but there is NOTHING about affliction that makes it look like it needs raped this hard, especially since most of how good we looked these past 2 weeks was an FA bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a little overboard but idk, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Seems a little overboard but idk, we'll see.
    Affliction is a bit ridiculous at the moment though... both in single target and cleave / aoe.

P.S all hail Nobby.

The thing is that fixing the bug with Fatal Echoes will already affect our dps by ALOT . Which is smth that shouldn't have existed in the first place,i'm not whining or implying it's a nerf.

Nerfing Malefic Grasp to 40% combined with the fix to Fatal echoes seems to be a fatal blow to our ST dmg though.

I like the change to Haunt at least.

If they also reduce the ramp up for WiA,then i'll be happy because all the talents in that tree will have their use instead of going blindly into MG.

And the Tier 20 set Bonuses... i'll wait and see but for now it just looks horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    There is nothing that makes sense about this.
    Affliction is increasingly being pushed into being a ST turret, and a big player in that is how strong MG is in relation to the dots. It makes perfect sense that they nerfed MG is they intend to push affliction back to being a multi-dot spec again.

But again, we're only seeing this one builds changes and not the big picture. So of course just this build in a vacuum doesn't make sense.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.