10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    He's his own meme
    I am going to use it until the playoffs are done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what to say anymore. Tonight was almost as heart breaking for me as Blair Walsh's wide left field goal vs Seattle a couple years ago. How the hell does Toronto control room call that high stick a good goal? Like seriously, give me a fucking break. And on top of that, they put the whistles away right after literally giving Anaheim life. I don't like to blame the refs and considering we had 5 powerplays earlier in the game I shoulden't but how the fuck do the Ducks get away with everything post 4-3 goal. Sam Bennett playing like a man possessed getting mugged and several cross checks go uncalled. My head says don't blow a 4-1 lead but my heart says give me a fucking break stripes. Fuck Toronto reviews, they can go fuck themselves for all I'm concerned. Tonight, game 2, 2015 game 3, 2000 fucking 4. Fuck everything. I hate that sports are so important to me!

Well came back down 2-0 in the 3rd to win 3-2 in OT. We now control the series 3-0, it's really hard to believe.

There were some crazy bounces in this game for whatever reason. Fiala was a beast in overtime. It took him 3-4 tries to get one in, but the dude just kept at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn that flames game was heart breaking... As usual during the series it's like there is new hidden rule book coming out. At least leafs, senators and my sweet Habs are in front now.

Also wtf is happening with the hawks lol, i mean Preds are good but 3-0 vs hawks, that's a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Damn that flames game was heart breaking... As usual during the series it's like there is new hidden rule book coming out. At least leafs, senators and my sweet Habs are in front now.

Also wtf is happening with the hawks lol, i mean Preds are good but 3-0 vs hawks, that's a surprise...
    Joey and Subban have pretty much taken Toews out of this series. Until last night, and that was on the PP, Kane has been a non-factor. Our 4th has been flying around just laying hits everywhere. Hossa just hasn't been that good either tbh. Outside of a short stretch in the second last night, we've pretty much shut them down, and then when something does get through Rinne has been there.

I'll be honest, having watched every series against them we have played since this run they have been on, Chicago just doesn't have the depth it once did. We are actually deeper than they are, and that's with Wilson being out the entire series. I think the years of needing to let guys go to stay under the cap may have finally caught up.

Also Chicago just hasn't had an answer for our top line. When Forsberg/Joey/Arvy have been on the ice, it's pretty much been tilted one way.

Now that's from a Nashville perspective, Chicago fans may see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't even know what to say anymore. Tonight was almost as heart breaking for me as Blair Walsh's wide left field goal vs Seattle a couple years ago. How the hell does Toronto control room call that high stick a good goal? Like seriously, give me a fucking break. And on top of that, they put the whistles away right after literally giving Anaheim life. I don't like to blame the refs and considering we had 5 powerplays earlier in the game I shoulden't but how the fuck do the Ducks get away with everything post 4-3 goal. Sam Bennett playing like a man possessed getting mugged and several cross checks go uncalled. My head says don't blow a 4-1 lead but my heart says give me a fucking break stripes. Fuck Toronto reviews, they can go fuck themselves for all I'm concerned. Tonight, game 2, 2015 game 3, 2000 fucking 4. Fuck everything. I hate that sports are so important to me!
    It's really fuckin sad and depressing that at least 2 of the games in this series have been stolen by shit officiating in the last 10 minutes. We're outplaying the Ducks, last night was probably one of the best performances by the Flames in ages and still we get fucked in the end.

That high stick was blatant and should have been waved off. Completely fuckin disgusting officiating.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It's really fuckin sad and depressing that at least 2 of the games in this series have been stolen by shit officiating in the last 10 minutes. We're outplaying the Ducks, last night was probably one of the best performances by the Flames in ages and still we get fucked in the end.

That high stick was blatant and should have been waved off. Completely fuckin disgusting officiating.
    Game 1 and 2. Calgary while trailing gets penalties in the last 10 minutes. Game 3, Anaheim while trailing gets no penalties in the last 10m and are rewarded with a goal that should have been called off. Sure we shouldent have blown the lead but the referees sure picked an odd time to throw away their whistles especially considering what happened in the previous 2 games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Joey and Subban have pretty much taken Toews out of this series. Until last night, and that was on the PP, Kane has been a non-factor. Our 4th has been flying around just laying hits everywhere. Hossa just hasn't been that good either tbh. Outside of a short stretch in the second last night, we've pretty much shut them down, and then when something does get through Rinne has been there.

I'll be honest, having watched every series against them we have played since this run they have been on, Chicago just doesn't have the depth it once did. We are actually deeper than they are, and that's with Wilson being out the entire series. I think the years of needing to let guys go to stay under the cap may have finally caught up.

Also Chicago just hasn't had an answer for our top line. When Forsberg/Joey/Arvy have been on the ice, it's pretty much been tilted one way.

Yeah good to see PK doing good with Preds, is been a good playoff player with us. i'm just surprised the 2 first game were won so hard by Preds, hawks have changed for sure but damn i still surprise me it's not closer.

also Rinne seems to be on fire.

I'm kinda sad i didn't watch the series now, but to many Canadian team in playoff this year XD.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2017-04-18 at 06:23 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post

I see it differently. I think you're jumping to conclusions based on a small sample size of Nashville just playing better/harder game 2. I don't think you can win 50 games in this league without really good depth. We certainly look slower at times, but games 1 and 3 could have easily gone the other way, and could be a 2-1 Chicago lead. But even if we get swept it's not doom and gloom. People said the same thing about our cap situation/losing too many guys after we were bounced in the 1st round in 11 and 12, but then preceded to win 2 cups in 3 years. We still have a very good, young core in their prime, the Bowman's are really good at their job, and we are generally seen as an attractive FA destination.

I do think it's time to move Seabrook if possible, I don't think he's worth the 6.8 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I see it differently. I think you're jumping to conclusions based on a small sample size of Nashville just playing better/harder game 2. I don't think you can win 50 games in this league without really good depth. We certainly look slower at times, but games 1 and 3 could have easily gone the other way, and could be a 2-1 Chicago lead. But even if we get swept it's not doom and gloom. People said the same thing about our cap situation/losing too many guys after we were bounced in the 1st round in 11 and 12, but then preceded to win 2 cups in 3 years. We still have a very good, young core in their prime, the Bowman's are really good at their job, and we are generally seen as an attractive FA destination.

I do think it's time to move Seabrook if possible, I don't think he's worth the 6.8 anymore.

Yall need some serious help on the 3rd and 4th man, they are pretty rough. Hartman has been flat out exposed in this series multiple times ( to the point other fans didn't want him suspended for the punch to Smith). Game 1 was an outlier, and frankly one we probably shouldn't have won. That's a style of game we simply don't play, and generally leads to us getting beat. Games 2 and 3 were much more of our style. Game 2 we started to get in your guy's heads, could see it with both of dumb penalties that Kane and Hartman took. You've seen it on Toews face throughout the series, frankly I never thought I would say it, but Joey has gotten the better of him in this series.

I don't think Chicago is dead and done as a team by any stretch, but your 3rd and 4th lines aren't what they normally are in the playoffs this season. I think that got you in trouble in OT tbh as Coach Q played the top 2 lines for most of the 3rd and the tank was pretty empty in OT.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-04-18 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said this year would be the year where you see if you can win with big contracts on your payroll. Chicago has too many and it's starting to handicap them. LA is in the same situation because you can only sign so many bad contracts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really just of the opinion that one series isn't indicative of anything, other than maybe bad matchups and bad coaching. 82 game regular season is a much larger sample size and the Hawks were very successful with the 18 skaters they sent out there. The better team will lose in a series a lot of the time, just like I think no matter the outcome of the series, the Caps are a better team than the Leafs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really just of the opinion that one series isn't indicative of anything, other than maybe bad matchups and bad coaching. 82 game regular season is a much larger sample size and the Hawks were very successful with the 18 skaters they sent out there. The better team will lose in a series a lot of the time, just like I think no matter the outcome of the series, the Caps are a better team than the Leafs.
    The playoffs really are where how good you are matters. How many points you can farm against bottom feeder teams in the regular season doesn't mean you are a great team. Washington is only better due to points accumulated during the season, those points don't matter in a first to four wins series.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On paper yeah they are

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The playoffs really are where how good you are matters. How many points you can farm against bottom feeder teams in the regular season doesn't mean you are a great team. Washington is only better due to points accumulated during the season, those points don't matter in a first to four wins series.
    Yeah but my point, just because they lose 4 out of 7 times to the Leafs doesnt mean the roster isnt good enough to win a cup. If you can form a roster that wins 60 games in a 100 game series against any team thats pretty damn good, but it also means it would be pretty damn easy for 4 of those losses to come in 7 games.

The reason I only put so much stock in the regular season is because sometimes teams overachieve during a long stretch of hockey that sets them up for a better record than they really are, Columbus comes to mind here. Other times teams that were kind of rough and underachieving at the start of the season get much better as the season goes on, so by the time the playoffs hit they are much better than their record indicates. Yeah sometimes you have teams that just have that perfect series and beat someone they shouldn't, but to me usually all of that is on paper, and there really wasn't that much difference.

Should Chicago have been favored over Nashville coming into this series? Absolutely, the regular season doesn't mean absolutely nothing. Should it have been so much so that everyone just assumed Chicago would just walk on through? No. We have pretty much underachieved all season, coupled with a ton of injuries early ( look at our waiver wire activity at the start, we were just trying to find bodies), and you have a match up that was much closer than the regular season indicates.

Rinne has been much of our issue this season, but reports have come out that he had his eyes checked and contacts redone a couple of weeks ago. How true is it? Don't know, but considering some of the goals he had been giving up it wouldn't shock me at all. He was letting in lots of shots in that he normally would stop, many of them from the blue line unscreened. Possible he can pick the puck up better now and that made a world of difference? Certainly. The real reason? Eh who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    If his vision was getting worse and it got redone recently. Then it would do wonders. Considering the issues with depth that come with even a little visual impairment.

Maybe he just played like crap all season to intentionally throw off the opposition so when they met anyone in the playoffs they would take more low quality shots while expecting everything to go in the net and then frustrating them?

But in all seriousness, if that was the issue why wouldn't he have done it sooner? Kind of a disservice to the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    He already had visual impairment. Inside your mind, you don't think it's your eyes. Might think you're getting a bit slower. Noticing that it is your eyes failing you is the hardest thing to pick up actually. It is a slow process that you won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    He already had visual impairment. Inside your mind, you don't think it's your eyes. Might think you're getting a bit slower. Noticing that it is your eyes failing you is the hardest thing to pick up actually. It is a slow process that you won't notice.
    Well and sometimes people are hard headed and just won't go get it checked. It's amazing the number of people you will run into that need glasses and won't go because they just flat don't want them. I also suspect he was probably having some other issues, we've heard rumors that his hip flairs up on him sometimes, so it's possible one issue was being covered by another.