Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrobe View Post
    I am no fan of momentum. Pre-7.2, I ran Demonic, even in raids. It was a fun spec with decent numbers on most fights, and stupid numbers on some fights (skorp). I don't have the eye beam legendary yet and just recently got AotHG (currently using bracers / AotHG). Since 7.2, I've switched back to Felblade/Demon Blades/bloodlet build because I couldn't get close to the same numbers as before and my guild just started to get into Mythic raiding.

I'm hoping they bring Demonic back up because I really enjoyed it, but not holding my breath.
    Demonic is simming very close to CB/Nem (in some cases higher). I'm not sure why you think it is lower now as the new traits actually gave it a decent buff. Try simming a 3310313 build compared to the standard 2220311 build and you should see similar results. For demonic I used AotHG and for me the shoulders simmed highest although I'm sure belt/sephuz would work too.
    Last edited by Murdnunoc; 2017-04-18 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdnunoc View Post
    Demonic is simming very close to CB/Nem (in some cases higher). I'm not sure why you think it is lower now as the new traits actually gave it a decent buff. Try simming a 3310311 build compared to the standard 2220311 build and you should see similar results. For demonic I used AotHG and for me the shoulders simmed highest although I'm sure belt/sephuz would work too.

Granted, I've gotten more gear / AP levels since 7.2 launched, in fact I just unlocked the final new trait a few days ago. I just resimmed myself in my currently equipped gear; Demonic (3310333) is slightly ahead, 1% difference, in ST vs what I am currently using (2230311). Mythic+ / MT fights are 3330313, likely due to the bracers that I've currently got equipped. Thanks for the suggestion to resim!
    Last edited by Blackrobe; 2017-04-18 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    No offense, but it sounds like you're playing the wrong class, mate. The simplistic rotation is intentional. It's not changing. You gotta understand that not everyone is looking for complex gameplay. Not everyone even raids, outside LFR. It really sounds like you would prefer playing a Rogue.
    I may agree with you on pve side, you can learn fights, tanks can move bosses on a more comfortable spot and so on but... But..
    in arenas you'll never face a static player and you can't play momentum correctly. We have only one dps spec and if you don't let also pvp players to play it optimally, there's a big problem imho.

Let's be real here. The only class you need to face the demon threat are warlocks. Demonhunters all flash that's fun to play but I mean warlocks and warriors just do it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Latest PTR update:

Blade Dance Strike all nearby enemies for (576% of weapon damage [ 3.000 * 96% of weapon damage + 288% of weapon damage ) Physical damage, and increase your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 sec. 35 Fury. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.

What's this mean? Tooltip change? Or actual change to the skill?

I'm more interested in the prepared buff - could be wrong, but to me an extended/stackable buff momentum change could be coming....
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    I'm more interested in the prepared buff - could be wrong, but to me an extended/stackable buff momentum change could be coming....
    Nah, they just overbuffed Prepared in the last build and now are tunning it.

If our "major overhaul changes" are bringing DB to 100% that would be kind of sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the only way of momentum be ressed is if demon speed reset the fel rush charges and if it get buffed to 25%.

Also, the change to Blade's dance is a nerf or a buff? Seens like a nerf..but ehh..too late in the night to do maths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    Latest PTR update:

Blade Dance Strike all nearby enemies for (576% of weapon damage [ 3.000 * 96% of weapon damage + 288% of weapon damage ) Physical damage, and increase your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 sec. 35 Fury. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.

What's this mean? Tooltip change? Or actual change to the skill?
    Tooltip change. The math works out to be exactly the same. 3*96 = 288, 288 + 288 = 576.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Imo the only way of momentum be ressed is if demon speed reset the fel rush charges and if it get buffed to 25%.

Also, the change to Blade's dance is a nerf or a buff? Seens like a nerf..but ehh..too late in the night to do maths.
    They could increase the buff duration, which could greatly increase uptime. The thing I hated most about the momentum build was simply keeping track of momentum's short windows VS my GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Through all of Alpha and 7.0.5, when Momentum was a thing, where was the people that claimed DH was simple?
    Everywhere, much to my annoyance. People were completely ignorant of the nuances of the momentum build that gave it a high and rewarding skill ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Tooltip change. The math works out to be exactly the same. 3*96 = 288, 288 + 288 = 576.
    What exactly is the point of doing that break down? Are they changing perhaps the way the ability interacts with targets? Like first 3 targets?

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    What exactly is the point of doing that break down? Are they changing perhaps the way the ability interacts with targets? Like first 3 targets?
    Go and hit something with Blade Dance & First Blood - the ability does different amounts of damage per hit depending on the part of the cast that you're in IIRC
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-04-19 at 10:46 AM.

So i take my time end donwload the PTR, try 10 times the ST rotation... end up I realized we lost lost about 5% on overall damage.

I try it with belt + fury nerfed ring....

All the 10 trys on the dummy take 4 minuts, just time for the CD of meta come back

on ptr, all the trys end up with 780k overall damage.

On live, same gear, rotation and skill points, 820k overall damage.

I holpe that blizzard dont nerf us that hard, and give us some more stuff to manage fury (the new set i belive will not be that solution...will see)

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    It lets them change the damage dealt independently of weapon damage, when before it had to be a predetermined percentage of weapon damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    when its all done, the ring will actually give -fury lol.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    when its all done, the ring will actually give -fury lol.
    The ring will add 0.001 to 0.999 Fury to each attack. It will be super useful to mathematicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha 10/10

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotzz View Post
    So i take my time end donwload the PTR, try 10 times the ST rotation... end up I realized we lost lost about 5% on overall damage.

I try it with belt + fury nerfed ring....

All the 10 trys on the dummy take 4 minuts, just time for the CD of meta come back

on ptr, all the trys end up with 780k overall damage.

On live, same gear, rotation and skill points, 820k overall damage.

I holpe that blizzard dont nerf us that hard, and give us some more stuff to manage fury (the new set i belive will not be that solution...will see)
    Don't forget that on live, its all RNG, you wont be pulling 820k every time. I found that from testing it myself that it was a slight increase to my dps and that was only with the ring legendary because the shoulders are not working on the ptr, but again, RNG is RNG.

At least there won't be such a huge difference between pulls and if we fall behind, blizz will just do an all round buff like they usually do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
    We cant get more f***ed.. doesnt get much worse... :P doesnt matter that much from now on tbh
    Can't get more fucked than being in top 5 damage specs?