Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    There is no forced pvp on pve servers, unless you walk into pvp areas - but it gives you 20 seconds to get out before you get a target, so its really your own fault if you don't listen to the game (and even in those areas like the pvp towers, there is rarely actual pvp going on in the first place - only the arenas really have PvP, and you don't fall into the black rook or drogbar arena "by accident").

I was never forced once to do PvP when I didn't want to. But how would you know? You don't even own Legion. The door is that way.
    Problem is in fact, that PVEers are being baited into PVP zones, cuz there are PVE activities there. That's, what I call forced "accidental" PVP. Classical example - Dalaran's FFA PVP zone. Yeah, there is way to avoid PVP there, but it's unreliable. That's, why it's called "accidental" PVP. Blizzard promise you, that PVP won't happen without your permission, but when it actually happens due to some unintentional or intentional bugs/glitches - all Blizzard say is "oops" or blame you for doing something wrong. And there is strong evidence, that Blizzard do it intentionally. They just need to find way to bait defenceless PVEers into becoming easy victims for so called WPVPers (i.e. gankers), just because it's not interesting for this so called WPVPers to fight against players with similar PVP capacities - i.e. against each other. They just need easy frags. And I don't want to be easy frag for so called WPVPers. Simply because I pay my money not for being 3rd grade customer.

So, when there is LFG tool and there is no PVE-only filter (actually this should be DEFAULT behavior, cuz player, who play on PVE server, may not even know about PVP servers) or it doesn't actually work properly - that's, what is forced "accidental" PVP, I described above. Blizzard just assume, that you won't notice, that you're on PVP server, and PVP will happen as the result. I don't know, what goal they try to achieve via doing it. May be they think, that I will all of a sudden like PVP? They they're fools. Especially Holinka.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-04-19 at 10:32 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no the bodyguard can be disabled by anyone by paying 50 eye, and why i need to buy bodyguard to begin with? I play on a pve server for a reason, you guys switch to a pvp server if you like it so much.
    No, it can not be disabled. thats the whole point of the bodyguard. I am not talking about the guards. i am talking about buying for own, personal bodyguard who will accompany you for 5g. that one stays active no matter wether the guards are there or not.

Just view the 5g as cost for buying the recipe. Its really only a very minor investment.

I play on a PvE server by choice. I don't particularly like PvP realms. But I don't bitch about things, especially when its things that are under my own control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, there is way to avoid PVP there, but it's unreliable.
    No, its not. Buy your own personal bodyguard and you are guaranteed to not get any PvP. Srslym people, why do you keep re-iteraing wrong information?

To be abundantly clear: the personal bodyguard and calling in the guards are two different things. Calling the guards can be disabled again by someone bribing them away. That isn#t reliable. Buying your own personal bodyguard for 5g makes you pvP free for 5? minutes. Guaranteed. Without any way to break it. thats more then enough to get any profession quest done down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    No, it can not be disabled. thats the whole point of the bodyguard. I am not talking about the guards. i am talking about buying for own, personal bodyguard who will accompany you for 5g. that one stays active no matter wether the guards are there or not.

Just view the 5g as cost for buying the recipe. Its really only a very minor investment.

I play on a PvE server by choice. I don't particularly like PvP realms. But I don't bitch about things, especially when its things that are under my own control.
    i repeat i got the bodyguard for 5g few day ago (7.2) and when the zone wide announcement appeared i got flagged and attacked, i don't know if it's a bug or intentional fact is this area can flag you.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

then still bugged, because last time i got in there i got the bodyguard and then when someone had send them away i got flagged and attacked in the staging area
    No idea, I had no problem fishing for three hours straight three weeks ago with a timer set to 10 minutes to remind me to get a new bodyguard.

There is no forced pvp on pve servers, unless you walk into pvp areas - but it gives you 20 seconds to get out before you get a target, so its really your own fault if you don't listen to the game
    That's incorrect. If you invite anybody from any PVP server you'll often get phased from the PVE server to the PVP one (which instantly enables your pvp) even though you're the group leader and everybody else in your group is on the same PVE realm as you.

On one of the highest population PVE realms in EU i get phased off constantly, often many times per day onto PVP servers for no obvious reason.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-04-19 at 10:40 AM.

I don't know, how to give you better definition of "accidental" PVP. I guess, it's - when instead of doing, what he should do - i.e. instead of completely disabling PVP on PVE servers and allowing manual PVP flagging only - game developer intentionally leaves large amount of holes in game mechanics, that can result in PVP with very high chance.

So. Simple thing. Why can't PVP flag be set MANUALLY ONLY on PVE servers? Is it really THAT HARD? You have FFA zones. Ok. But FFA zone means players from different factions can kill each other. No problems here. But it doesn't mean, that PVE players should be flagged without their permission. No PVP flag - nobody can hit you, no matter is it's FFA zone or not. Is it really that hard to understand? And the sole fact, that game developer refuses to follow server rules (i.e. PVP is allowed for flagged players only and fagging is manual only) - means, that ahe wants to force PVP on players, even on PVE servers, simply because he INTENTIONALLY leaves holes for PVP in his system.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-04-19 at 11:07 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

If you don't want to PVP, then don't walk into FFA PVP zones. Its that simple. No-one is forcing you to participate in PVP by any means.

By your own admission you don't even own Legion, so any comments from you are pure speculation and ranting without actual knowledge of the state of the game.

If it's simply for world quests, the world quest group finder addon has an option to exclude pvp server groups.

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    I'm not sure if this filters by PVE/PVP servers but iirc it does. Main function is to filter by US/BR/OC

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/localized-groups
    This should be default.

PvE/PvP server split is a good idea, too. Not gonna lock people out - just put it at the bottom in foldable group. If people unfold it, then they know what they're doing and it's on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Just leave after joining if it flags you and remember the realm name, then look for another server not on that realm.
    When I notice that, often, I'm already dead. Yesterday did world boss, in the middle of world boss guy swoops in and kills me. I'm not gonna leave the group in the middle of a world boss. I resurrect, kill boss, leave group, but for some reason don't switch server and get killed again. So it's already too late the moment I'm on the PvP server, cause at that point I'm attackable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    I'm not sure if this filters by PVE/PVP servers but iirc it does. Main function is to filter by US/BR/OC

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/localized-groups
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    If it's simply for world quests, the world quest group finder addon has an option to exclude pvp server groups.
    I shouldn't be required to use an addon to play the game properly. It's easy for Blizzard to just add a filter. Seems to me like Blizzard wants to grief players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    That's incorrect. If you invite anybody from any PVP server you'll often get phased from the PVE server to the PVP one (which instantly enables your pvp) even though you're the group leader and everybody else in your group is on the same PVE realm as you.

On one of the highest population PVE realms in EU i get phased off constantly, often many times per day onto PVP servers for no obvious reason.
    Yes, and that is what the whole thread is about. That the only way to get into PvP on a PvE server is by being phased onto an PvP server (for various reasons), and that this loophole should be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

So. Simple thing. Why can't PVP flag be set MANUALLY ONLY on PVE servers? Is it really THAT HARD? You have FFA zones. Ok. But FFA zone means players from different factions can kill each other. No problems here. But it doesn't mean, that PVE players should be flagged without their permission. No PVP flag - nobody can hit you, no matter is it's FFA zone or not. Is it really that hard to understand? And the sole fact, that game developer refuses to follow server rules (i.e. PVP is allowed for flagged players only and fagging is manual only) - means, that ahe wants to force PVP on players, even on PVE servers, simply because he INTENTIONALLY leaves holes for PVP in his system.
    Simply stay out of that zone. You get a loud audio and textual warning that if you don't stay out you will be flagged. Its completely your own fault if you allow yourself to be flagged.

Not flagging people in those zones would result in all sorts of griefing/trolling options. Have one flagged player do PvP and annoy the crap out of other player by obscuring their visions with a gigantic Mammoth mount (with a second, non-flagged player), for example.

Btw, PvE servers don't mean no PvP at all. IIRC you still get forcibly flagged when entering enemy capital cities (no idea, I haven't tested this in quite a while).

Aside from the very rare trap groups for griefers of which overall I have not ran into much issue with jumping into PVP server groups. Adding the filter would just increase the chances of finding a group for myself so in that case I would support it. That said OP would of still spent money on a transfer on this years old issue that has yet to be resolved so why should the devs care.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-04-21 at 07:28 AM.

It could be a nice feature if it worked both ways, even though it's a minor annoyance to join a hippie server and being unable to zerg a jerk tagging mobs you're about to kill for WQ.
    Last edited by saradonin; 2017-04-21 at 08:13 AM.

Simply stay out of that zone. You get a loud audio and textual warning that if you don't stay out you will be flagged. Its completely your own fault if you allow yourself to be flagged.

Not flagging people in those zones would result in all sorts of griefing/trolling options. Have one flagged player do PvP and annoy the crap out of other player by obscuring their visions with a gigantic Mammoth mount (with a second, non-flagged player), for example.

Btw, PvE servers don't mean no PvP at all. IIRC you still get forcibly flagged when entering enemy capital cities (no idea, I haven't tested this in quite a while).
    It's PVE servers, so:
    1) PVE players have priority
    2) PVE activities have priority
    3) Nobody cares, what PVPers do on PVE servers
    4) Wanna PVP - transfer to PVP servers™

Also about faction cities. I've been saying it for a long time already - for not PVP-flagged players all other faction's settlements should be phased into PVE locations, like it's done for Highbank stronghold on Twilight Highlands. Simply because being PVP-flagged via aggroing other faction's guards - violates "Only you can PVP-flag yourself" rule.

It's PVE servers, so:

Also about faction cities. I've been saying it for a long time already - for not PVP-flagged players all other faction's settlements should be phased into PVE locations, like it's done for Highbank stronghold on Twilight Highlands. Simply because being PVP-flagged via aggroing other faction's guards - violates "Only you can PVP-flag yourself" rule.
    This sounds terrible for a player like me. I enjoy playing on a PvE server, but also find PvP quite fun. I DESPISE ganking of lower level players, and therefor don't play on a PvP server, as that is quite rampant. (I do have a few maxed toons on PvP servers, and stranglethorn was terrible.) But to think going into PvP areas and getting PvP rewards SHOULDN'T flag you is kind of dumb? MAYBE if they made it so you literally get ported out of the area/can't do the World quest if you don't manually flag yourself it'd be fine. You can't have PvP rewards for something with zero risk of PvP.

Deleted
    It's PVE servers, so:

1).They do. There is exactly 5 PvP WQs up at any time, and a whole lot more PvE WQs. The other location is Dalaran Underbelly, which can be completely negated.
    2.) They do. See above. this is the same point.
    3.) True, nobody does, so why is this even important?
    4.) Absolutely. So what?

Tbh if you don#t want faction cities to be hostile then the whole alliance/horde concept should be removed from the game. its fine to be on a PvE Server, but it should simply not be possible to stroll into enemy capitals. At least a bit of sense lore-wise and mechanics wise should remain.

Enemy captial cities are far away from any questin areas, if you go there, you delibertely choose to participate in PvP. City raids would be completely ridiculous if the opposing faction can not even defend themselves (ok, they are already ridiculous).

A PvE server should not mean that your actions have no consequences. If you go into an enemy capital you should be flagged. This hardcore "But its a PvE server" stance is as toxic as any other hardcore or extremist view.

Btw, there is no "PvE" realm. Blizzard calls this realms "normal" realms. There is no mention that there would *never* be any Pvp on these servers in official blizzard docs. The best reference is "The technical difference between a PvE realm and a PvP realm is that no players are flagged for PvP combat outside enemy territory" from a green (MVP) post on the forums. World PvP Quests are "enemy territory", if you so will, and thus perfectly fit normal realms 8as well as flagging in enemy capitals).

No, its not. Buy your own personal bodyguard and you are guaranteed to not get any PvP. Srslym people, why do you keep re-iteraing wrong information?
    You know, unlike dumbasses who play on pvp servers because it was "cool" despite having 99/1 ratios and now are crying because they are crossrealm bonded with 1/99 ratio server and experience the actual pvp server gameplay, pve server players actually chose their server because they DON'T want any accidental pve to happen. So, the 5g extra fee a player has to pay is actually justified because?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You know, unlike dumbasses who play on pvp servers because it was "cool" despite having 99/1 ratios and now are crying because they are crossrealm bonded with 1/99 ratio server and experience the actual pvp server gameplay, pve server players actually chose their server because they DON'T want any accidental pve to happen. So, the 5g extra fee a player has to pay is actually justified because?
    I do play on a PvE server normal realm, too. And you know, I like it that way.

But getting butthurt over some PvP that is completely avoidable is just ... butthurt. Just write the 5g up to costs for the quest and don't go there when you don't need to be there. The few occasions you really ned to get there are fine. Its not like 5g is an investment.

I really like that I had to farm the ratstallion mount there and the way it was designed, with people running away when the guards where deactivated and baiting people into the empowered mages AE to get some easy eyes.

So, should things like the rat mount be completely removed from normal realms, too? People would cry thunder why they can't get it.

And again, its "normal" realms, there is no such things as "PvE" realms. Blizzard never advertised them as completely without PvP, just as largely without PvP. Which they are.

I do play on a PvE server normal realm, too. And you know, I like it that way.

But getting butthurt over some PvP that is completely avoidable is just ... butthurt. Just write the 5g up to costs for the quest and don't go there when you don't need to be there. The few occasions you really ned to get there are fine. Its not like 5g is an investment.

I really like that I had to farm the ratstallion mount there and the way it was designed, with people running away when the guards where deactivated and baiting people into the empowered mages AE to get some easy eyes.

So, should things like the rat mount be completely removed from normal realms, too? People would cry thunder why they can't get it.

And again, its "normal" realms, there is no such things as "PvE" realms. Blizzard never advertised them as completely without PvP, just as largely without PvP. Which they are.
    The fact that you fail in basic spending your money does not mean it is ok, sorry. 5g is a 0,003% of a game's month cost. Why do pve players that specifically chose to play pve server have to be extra taxed for not being engaged in pvp? Or, why do blizzard even get such absurd ideas, that is the real question.
    No, I wasn't speaking of pvp rewards, of course pursuing those should flag people. I was talking about having to visit fucking underbelly for pure pve stuff, like profession or class quests.
    And please, stop using false semantics, since the servers were called "pve" and "pvp" when most people started playing wow. Sneaky renames that a current team of incompetent morons made are irrelevant.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-04-21 at 10:31 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    beside the op, what wowisdead is describing is the general design of wow legion, i play on a pve server i'm forced to go into the dalaran sewer for profession quests that is bad design and blizzard refused to disable sewer pvp from pve server or make the flagging switch mechanic rule over everything else.
    On pve servers nothing should flag you unless the switch is enabled or you zone into an opposite faction capital.
    you can get a bodyguard at the entrance of the underbelly....

Formerly known as Arafal