Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been using Keeper Remulos. His ability is quite strong, more so for the heal mechanic. I'm normally on a PvP server unless I'm realm hoping. If you're fighting a rare or someone is attempting to gank you, just drop the ability and you stand in the flames. It heals you for about 5% max health every second. For the most part you're unkillable during the duration.

just to weight in on this. I've used Keeper Remulos, but not Thissalee.

However - My follower is Meatball mainly because i WQ as bear. He drops +10% damage buffs (which stack) and he has an execute which makes killing mobs a whole lot quicker. Quicker kills = faster WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanious View Post
    just to weight in on this. I've used Keeper Remulos, but not Thissalee.

However - My follower is Meatball mainly because i WQ as bear. He drops +10% damage buffs (which stack) and he has an execute which makes killing mobs a whole lot quicker. Quicker kills = faster WQs.
    There is one caveat to using Meatball: Other players can steal the balls that Meatball drops, even players of the other faction. Not good if you're planning on going into player-dense or FFA PvP areas (which suddenly seem to allow bodyguards now).

7+ Year Old Account
    I see the setup pretty clearly right now:

Naralex (bodyguard)

Meatball
    Sylendra
    Hamuul
    Thisalee
    Mylune
    Remulos

Should I need another starfaller I will use Naralex who is active anyway and I'll go for a Dash/Starfall Warden combo that I keep alive. My ancient will be a resto one so I can happily keep Brightwing shut down. Zentabra unfortunately is the weakest basher and I don't really need a feral. Broll is out of discussion if you don't need a dasher which I won't.
    Last edited by Lyvar; 2017-04-18 at 11:47 AM.

Naralex sleep buff + no stupid npc getting in your way is epic. Best guardian. That 50% nuke is epic cause it works on many WQ mobs etc...I just macro it with my berserk.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Thisalee increases flight form movement speed now (since the hotfixes yesterday?), 430%!

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Thisalee increases flight form movement speed now (since the hotfixes yesterday?), 430%!
    Solves my question of whether to keep using Remulos or make the swap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Sure, Thisalee is a good champion for missions. However, her unique mechanic is kind of clunky (forces you to worry about having high health troops vs any troops, etc.), and unless you are maxing that bonus out with something like 7 health (1 Ancient + 1 Druid of the Grove) on missions you send her on, she isn't all that much better than another Feral follower like say Broll for example.
    Even at worst, she's still a 5% bonus to missions as long as you have a troop on it. If you use a Wardens, it's a 10% bonus, AoW a 20% bonus (assuming you always keep them at 2/2 and 4/4, as I do since it's all I use shrooms on). Clunky yes, but it usually isn't that big of a deal.

Also lol Broll. He's good for alts but literally worthless on mains since, again, Thisalee just gives you up to a 35% bonus (AoW+Keeper). If you manage mushrooms correctly, she's still good.

In comparison, she is by far the best bodyguard option, because no other bodyguard gives you that 10% haste buff. By using something like Naralex as a bodyguard instead of her, you're basically doing close to 10% less damage in the open world, which is huge. The difference between Thisalee and other bodyguard options in terms of value is significantly more than the difference between Thisalee and a different mission follower. If bodyguards annoy you, you can just use her extra action button to set her to only "appear when you are threatened". This causes her to not show up/aggro/fuck up Shadowmeld and only come in to do a massive damage attack when you are at low health or something. You still get the DPS bonus and the bonus from any bodyguard resource items you have equipped on her with her in that mode too, so there's no real downside (aside from the follower slot).
    Except then you're using a Bodyguard, and I fucking hate bodyguards that aggro everything, especially given I can solo pretty much any WQ or any open world content easily.

As far as order resources, what I am saying is that my total income of order resources each week greatly exceeds the 7000 I spend on bonus rolls, plus the resources to send out missions. I started 7.2 with about 80,000 resources and now have 150,000+, despite buying bonus rolls, building the order hall upgrades, and sending out missions as much as I can. That extra bonus roll has no value if you are taking in so many resources that it more than covers it.
    Are you doing Resource WQs or have a BG/Combat Ally with resources on it? I don't and my resources are going down. Adding another 4k cost per week would plummet my resources drastically.

On top of which, I'm also not hindered by a retarded Bodyguard/I have all my followers just doing missions instead, though once I get my 7th champ tomorrow, I might consider just sticking Naralex on me forever unless I really need an extra Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The strongest combat ally follower by far is Keeper Remolus, his charge does 10 million damage easily on a single target (ie. a huge rare), which does significantly speed up kills that actually take a while - or you can basically insta-kill a huge group of mobs (after you collected them).
    Which then means you're outfitting the best class champion we have as a BG instead of a Success Chance Demigod (the only real Success Chance God is Meatball, but like I said, best CLASS champion). It's again why I personally pick Naralex, because he's not that helpful as a mission bitch (spells being the least common thing in missions) and his ability, well, it can be pretty helpful at times.

That and he has Starfall for when you're not doing WQs for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanious View Post
    I just pray you're not wasting Meatball to be your Combat Ally resource/gold generating champion. That's a HUGE waste of a Meatball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    I see the setup pretty clearly right now:

Naralex (bodyguard)

Meatball
    Sylendra
    Hamuul
    Thisalee
    Mylune
    Remulos

Should I need another starfaller I will use Naralex who is active anyway and I'll go for a Dash/Starfall Warden combo that I keep alive. My ancient will be a resto one so I can happily keep Brightwing shut down. Zentabra unfortunately is the weakest basher and I don't really need a feral. Broll is out of discussion if you don't need a dasher which I won't.
    Yup, this is what I'll probably be doing tomorrow (I got the 2x AP research prior to swapping from Wardens, so rip me). I've thought about it and while I have 3x Resto missions up right now, I can always stick Meatball on them (when he's back from his third Challenge Mission...) or an AoW.

SPEAKING OF WHICH BTW, really important to have at least 2 followers outfitted with Duration Reduction for Challenge Missions (I personally use Meatball/Sylendra since they give benefits to clearing more missions faster). When you complete a Challenge Mission, there's about a 30-60m cooldown, and afterwards, you're handed another. Like I said, I got THREE challenge missions this Command Center because they were able to complete each one in about 21 hours (30% reduction on Sylendra, and I think 15% on Meatball, plus another 20% from Travel Form T2 advancement). This is quite a significant gain of AP (> 9M after yesterday/today's AK30). I also opted to just using the two of them for the most part (even if there was a cursed and extra success chance was wasted) to not lose a third champion for an entire day, though sticking a Starfall or Dash Wardens to counter a Slowing or Cursed would be ideal (assuming it doesn't also have an uncontested Lethal). Oh and this is another reason I recommend getting a Starfall and Dash Wardens over 2x SF or 2x Dash or even bothering with a Skull Bash one: Meatball+Sylendra+SF or Dash Wardens should 200% literally any mission, takes care of any cursed/slowing issues as well (again the only exception being an also uncontested Lethal Dash/Starfall on top of Cursed/Slowing Starfall/Dash).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Except then you're using a Bodyguard, and I fucking hate bodyguards that aggro everything, especially given I can solo pretty much any WQ or any open world content easily.

Are you doing Resource WQs or have a BG/Combat Ally with resources on it? I don't and my resources are going down. Adding another 4k cost per week would plummet my resources drastically.

On top of which, I'm also not hindered by a retarded Bodyguard/I have all my followers just doing missions instead, though once I get my 7th champ tomorrow, I might consider just sticking Naralex on me forever unless I really need an extra Starfall.
    That's why you use Thisalee's extra action button to turn on "only appear when I am threatened" mode. That way, she isn't acting like an annoying bodyguard (and you don't have to listen to her awful voice acting all day long), and only randomly appears while you're already in combat for one attack on a mob. With that mode activated, it's basically a free 10% stats buff (and 10% travel form/flight form speed buff) plus the benefits of a bodyguard (100g and 58k AP for every WQ).

No, I don't generally do order resource WQ unless they are needed for an emissary, are Legionfall WQ, or I am cleaning up the map in a zone because I'm close to a paragon cache. You get a lot of resources from paragon caches, a lot of resources from Legionfall Supplies quests, and a lot from looting Broken Shore chests. Yesterday, I was at 157k OR, bought my seals bringing me down to 150k, and was back up to 169k by the time my world quest tour for the day was done. IDK how you are in a negative resource situation unless you are really doing nothing but your 4 emissary quests or something.

Hey - Im currently in the process of leveling Thisalee, Sylendra, Naralax and Moroes - since we got 7 champions available with the new trait + quest.

I will use the following combination of champions:

Meatball (Easy to get through Brawlers guild - Biggest Powerhouse champion out there)
    Moroes (You can spam farm him on Lower kara HC - took me ~ 10 runs)
    Hamuul
    Sylendra (Shrooms <3)
    Thisalee
    Remulos
    Naralax (Bodyguard)

With this setup I have 2x Powerhouse champions in Meatball + Moroes
    I have 2 Feral - 2 Balance (if I take Naralax off BG duty) - 1 Resto (Aow with resto for 2)
    I have 2 Skull Bash - 2 Starfall (Naralax off BG Duty) - 1 Dash (Try get Warden with Dash for 2)

I will swap to AoW and get a resto one, once im done researching back to 4x treants and 3xKeepers - after having upgraded all my champions to 900 ilvl
    (To be fair, I didnt know that you were able to keep the AoW alive like that with the mushrooms - cool trick)
    This will be the same for the Wardens - once I get around to actually doing it

Now I have some questions regarding best setup for equipment.
    Does having 2 champions with reduction to mission work?
    I know they aint additive.. but multiplicative when they are on 1 champion together.
    But how does it work with more champions with futhermore reduction to duration??
    Anyways - assuming it works, my setup would be as following: (feel free to give ideas on ways this could be improved)

Naralax – Shard + Pouch + Ward (Yes these are all Legendaries – until all are obtained, I will use epics / rares, that rewards Gold>Order Resources)

Meatball - Saddle + Carrot + Fetish (Legendary: Imp Tooth or Brooch/Demon in box) (for quick generation of "balls")
    Sylendra - Saddle + Carrot + Fetish (Legendary: Imp Tooth or Brooch/Demon in box) (for quick generation of shrooms)
    Moroes - Ember + Fetish + Doodad (Saddle maybe instead of Doodad)
    Hamuul - Ember + Fetish + Doodad (Saddle maybe instead of Doodad)
    Thisalee - Ember + Token + Fetish (To triple dip on her trait with vitality of troops (T2))
    Remulos - Ember + Token + Fetish (To triple dip on his own trait with T2 troops)
    Last edited by Mooncode; 2017-04-19 at 11:48 AM.

That's why you use Thisalee's extra action button to turn on "only appear when I am threatened" mode.
    Literally had no idea this existed until I started using S'theno (the new bodyguard) for Demon Hunters. She gives a bubble that also gives 100% Haste while it holds. Was an easy choice to give her the gold pouch my alt got lucky with >_>

That said, I'd still argue that a 10% increase in stats is eh for the loss of Thisalee as a mission champion. No one is forcing you to use something else, it's just what I prefer to stick with, while probably using Naralex as my BG/CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncode View Post
    Moroes (You can spam farm him on Lower kara HC - took me ~ 10 runs)
    YEAH? IT ONLY TOOK YOU 10 RUNS?! I'M AT 60+ AND STILL GOING >:C *flips table* Trust me when I say you are an extreme lucky outlier. This thing has a horrendous drop rate.

Overall it looks good. Just make sure at least one of your Wardens is Dash (the other could be Dash but better to be SF because Naralex will be very bad at success rate). The only change I might make is Thisalee to replace Token with Doodad.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

YEAH? IT ONLY TOOK YOU 10 RUNS?! I'M AT 60+ AND STILL GOING >:C *flips table* Trust me when I say you are an extreme lucky outlier. This thing has a horrendous drop rate.

Overall it looks good. Just make sure at least one of your Wardens is Dash (the other could be Dash but better to be SF because Naralex will be very bad at success rate). The only change I might make is Thisalee to replace Token with Doodad.

Sorry D: I know the drop rate is like 1,38% or so... so yeah, I was lucky. Only wanted to point out that he is farmable now... cause alot of people don't seem to realize this. Don't worry, I can feel that you get him soon(ish).

Yeah, good call having a Dash + SF Warden combo.. cause, with the way Im setting up Naralax, he wont really be of much use, except for countering.

Doodad is 10% on every mission.. whilst Token is 15% on missions with T2.
    I can see from the point were I have to send Thisalee out on a mission already filled with 2 other champions, so that she can counter.. but in most cases I will either have the Dash Warden.
    Cant remember if Dinner Guests actually counter abilties, or just gains 15% bonus success like Moroes/Meatball does.

Having 3 Keepers, should enable me to have 1 available always for both Thisalee and Remulos.

But atm, getting 200% on my missions is no problem - Specially with meatballs orbs.
    So its about optimizing as many of them for speed missions.

Literally had no idea this existed until I started using S'theno (the new bodyguard) for Demon Hunters. She gives a bubble that also gives 100% Haste while it holds. Was an easy choice to give her the gold pouch my alt got lucky with >_>

That said, I'd still argue that a 10% increase in stats is eh for the loss of Thisalee as a mission champion. No one is forcing you to use something else, it's just what I prefer to stick with, while probably using Naralex as my BG/CA.
    You do realize that for DHs, S'theno has to do missions to get the 40% success troop, right? Sadly, no items to stack it with though. Outcast with a useful spell goes well with Akama since matron is very much trash (if going for the 2/2/2 counter setup). I also usually hate BGs, and have used the proc/spell uses on my characters but the new champion toggle mode is great.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Now that is good news. Makes my setup much easier.

420->430 is a 2% buff. I do hope people understand that. It's totally unnoticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    You do realize that for DHs, S'theno has to do missions to get the 40% success troop, right? Sadly, no items to stack it with though. Outcast with a useful spell goes well with Akama since matron is very much trash (if going for the 2/2/2 counter setup). I also usually hate BGs, and have used the proc/spell uses on my characters but the new champion toggle mode is great.
    Getting a bit OT but DHs kinda suffer from not having an optimal setup with abilities (as such, my DH has 3 Glaive, 2 Consume, 1 Fel Rush, but also has 2 Fel Rush Shivarra [their version of Dreamgrove Wardens]). I also already have ~4 or so of those items and I tend to not use the brute like crazy since he's literally just 40% success (while the T2 troop is 30%+15% against Minions OR Hazards, or Shivarra is 30%+Fel Rush counter), so they're not all that helpful. If needed, I can always remove her for a bit anyway. Also yes, Matron is fucking trash tier. I'm fond of champs with heavy duration reduction; my other alt being Paladin and she runs with the Holy Paladin who has that, but she also has a useful counter, not trash like Matron.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    420->430 is a 2% buff. I do hope people understand that. It's totally unnoticeable.
    Even still, does it matter if it was even faster? The argument anti-flight people say is that flight doesn't "add to the game" and only "gets you from A to B faster", while my argument is usually "well it's just fun to fly and mess around". The extra speed is sort of the argument that it doesn't really add much and makes you log off sooner, which in essence is kind of a bad thing for the game.

Regardless, I'm not gonna waste Thisalee when Naralex works fine, and has a very useful ability when I need it. In world content, I'm pretty sure nothing is immune to it either (except for like, World Bosses, but that's to be expected).

Deleted
    Im trying to set up my champions now. I will use:

Meatball
    Sylendra
    Hamuul
    Remulos
    Mylune
    and then Naralex + Thisalee as the 6th champion and the other one as bodyguard.

I don't have the extra troops provided by the 7.2 tier of order hall advancements, I went immediately for the extra champion slot. I will however use a resto AoW and try keep it alive with Sylendras item since otherwise I would only have 1 resto.. (Just activated Sylendra so no idea how often I'll get those).

Is the obvious choice to go with Naralex as bodyguard and Thisalee as missionist to have 2 ferals (thisalee + Hamuul) and 2 balance (Remulos + Mylune)? I'm thinking that if I'll go with 1 feral and 3 balance set up, Meatball will cover as a 2nd feral.

Naralex's Starfall seems to be more useful than Dash but that might just be a false statement. Both Naralex's Solar beam and Thisalee's Shapemending are not appealing at all to me. Solar beam is not a counter, just a small increase against spells. And Shapemending is just to much micro management for me to keep enough troop vitality up for it to actually be really really good and even less for it to be an obvious dealbreaker wether to use her or Naralex on missions.

I'm a balance druid btw and regarding the bodyguard traits I don't really need them that much since neither one will make me strong enough to solo kill one of those rare elites marked with skulls on the map on the Broken Shore. The flying movement speed bonus from Thisalee seems quite fun tbh, if it's even noticable that is. So their bodyguard traits isn't that important and they both are/can be hidden so I don't have a npc in my face constantly either way. I don't know if any of them have any fun emote or animation or anything.

After I've finsihed writing the above it occured to me that it makes more sense from mission standpoint to use Thisalee for missions and Naralex as Bodyguard because Meatball have a (even if small) success increase against minions which means it almost replaces Naralex's Starfall. And if I would use Thisalee as bodyguard it would leave me with only 1 counter to Hazards (Dash in Mylune).

I'll post it anyway in case anyone of you have anything to comment to make this easier or if I'm missing something important.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was looking for a Champion to deactivate should I ever get Moroes (with Zentabra, Broll and Brigtwing deactivated) and I guess I agree with Mooncode that Mylune is the best choice to leave out. Any contrary opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    I was looking for a Champion to deactivate should I ever get Moroes (with Zentabra, Broll and Brigtwing deactivated) and I guess I agree with Mooncode that Mylune is the best choice to leave out. Any contrary opinions?
    She is the best one to deactivate imo - but lets for the sake of analyzing, just go through some of her abilities.
    - Remulos, Naralax and Mylune are all Balance.

- Remulos has Skull Bash (Spells) - which Sylendra has aswell.
    - Naralax has Starfall (Minions) - which Hamuul has aswell
    - Mylune has Dash (Hazard) - which Thisalee has aswell.

So each of them have an active counter part with the same counters, that you for sure should have active.
    And we know its possible to fill out with Wardens, to grab those counters we dont have 2 of - keeping them alive with Sylendra shrooms.. So overall, you could disable any of these 3 for moroes.. but lets dig deeper.

Now, lets go through their bonus abilities.

-Remulos has 15% bonus with T2 troops
    -Naralax has 15% bonus against Spells
    -Mylune has 15% bonus with T1 Troops

So on Tier 4.. you can either get 5% more success on T1 troops, or 15% more success on missions with minions for T2 troops.
    T2 upgrades is the only right choice to upgrade on the order hall tree, in my opinion.. as I ever hardly use T1 troops (Thisalee special, makes higher vitality troops more attractive aswell)

So, to conclude on that Remulos > Mylune on their Bonus.. So its mostly down to Mylune vs Naralax

Now, if you plan to do as I do, you would most likely have a constant CA/BG with you, if you happen to get those AP token items... (else, the gold ones are pretty nice in the long run aswell)

In my personal experience, I would preffer the Ability Naralax offers more then the 1 that Mylune offers... simple cause, elite mobs becomes a JOKE... stunned for 10 seconds, whilst taking 50% more dmg. So Naralax > Mylune on the CA traits.

To conclude.. Mylune is mostly going to be the weakest of the 3 Balance Champions we have available... But in the end, its all up to you, who you want to deactivate, once you get your hands on Moroes

- - - Updated - - -

So, I thought it was about time we updated the Champion sheet on Page 1 abit - so I took the time, and made this:

imgur.com/XtzL3u9

Sorry, cant post links/images yet

- - - Updated - - -

Mylune should have been same color as Naralax - woops

I made this Champion sheet, to show what the current best setup would be. Seeing as the one on Page 1 is quiet outdated.

Sorry, cant post links yet - so I hope some 1 will put the image into our thread.

imgur.com/a/oyIBh

NB. This sheet is based on the fact that you play around Sylendra's Shrooms to keep a Resto AoW, and the Wardens alive.
    Last edited by Mooncode; 2017-04-20 at 11:24 AM.