Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Crap.... that's a good thought... but a King as follower? Sadly doubt it would happen.

I think we're going to get Yrel and Turalyon as our Legendary Followers.

Yrel needs to come back into our lives.
    Blizz already said that Yrel won't be coming back...

But, I don't see them as pally Followers either.

I'd Love to see Anduin get taught by Turalyon, only for him to die, Making Anduin the New High Commander Of The Army (Hence The High-King Title).

I'd ALSO Love to see An Illidan/Anduin vs Sargeras fight. Just think about it!

Illidan throws the Spirit bomb at Sargeras, Sargeras lives, Shoots Illidan, Blows up Velen, Making Anduin pissed, only for him to Unleash His Full Wolf/Light Potential, making him Infused with the Light. Think about it, Us Empowered by Azeroth's Titan, A Wounded Light-Infused Illidan, And a Light Infused Titanic Anduin Battling, And Defeating the Dark Titan on Argus, just before the Fel-planet blows up.

It would be AMAZING! And that would then start the Whole Void Story-line, as well as the Future Comic BS afterward....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. Priests trained a select group of warriors, teaching them how to use the light to enhance their capabilities on the battlefield. Thus some knights became paladins while the priests remained priests.
    Wasn't Uther a Priest before he became a pally?

I kinda forgot. LOL
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-04-21 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

I hope these new class/race combos will be a new feature in the next expansion.
    Anduin is a Priest who can use a sword. Pretty much breaking the priest mold by using a weapon they aren't allowed to but no. He wouldn't become a paladin. Now Nelf Paladins being available in the future then I can see forsaken which is basically (Using the Orb of Deception) The counterpart to Nelf I see getting it to balance out the class and race system. Yet if it doesn't happen then It's very doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only hope that he does. I'm getting pretty tired of the timid priest who doesn't want to fight anyone because violence is bad. I haven't been playing for a while so maybe he changed. Anduin becoming a paladin would be the coolest thing to happen in a while. Anduin finally nutting up and taking up the sword to kick some ass. Put that damn little baby rattle wand in your old toy box and learn how to swing a damn sword already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    based on the pally order hall i can see Nelf Pallies becoming a thing... its odd but hey it kinda works like sun walkers i guess. Undead pallies should have been implemented vs holy cows after the fall of the LK. Would have been easy to do 1 or 2 quest about how with the death of LK some fallen paladins are feeling the pull of the light again, so you have awoken as forsaken, and your first quest is to get your old libram.. so yeah.
    Its not odd at all see that Elune may be a deity of the light or have some connection to it....you did the Xera quests right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealslayer View Post
    Yeah, I get that. I still don't understand how Anduin becoming Paladin from Priest is a reason why they should allow Undead or NE Paladins.

OP's example being "Well, Anduin did it. Why can't Undead or NEs?"..
    Did you do the Xera quest? then you know elune is a being of the light or possibly connected to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Its not odd at all see that Elune may be a deity of the light or have some connection to it....you did the Xera quests right?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you do the Xera quest? then you know elune is a being of the light or possibly connected to it.
    Yeah.. I don't think you're getting what I'm not getting here.

Cool, being of light, or connected to it.
    What does that have to do with Human (Anduin) being Priest > Paladin and Undead / NE also turning Paladin?

10+ Year Old Account
    So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

Not.. really the same thing, yet it is in a way. Not all can become a paladin just because they are a priest. The whole step from Priest to Paladin was as a majority, a human/Alliance thing only. Doesn't mean all does it, or think of it, or want it. Story wise.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't believe this is correct. Priests trained a select group of warriors, teaching them how to use the light to enhance their capabilities on the battlefield. Thus some knights became paladins while the priests remained priests.
    It was both:

"The Holy Order of Northshire Clerics was devastated during the First War. Seeking to create an order that would suffer less attrition in battle, the Archbishop of the Church of the Holy Light, Alonsus Faol, along with his apprentice Uther, recruited noble knights (to train in the ways of the Light) and members of the priesthood (to train in martial combat). In Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme, Uther was appointed the first of the paladins. He was followed by Saidan Dathrohan, Tirion Fordring and Turalyon (candidates recommended by Alonsus Faol himself)[6] as well as Gavinrad (a candidate proposed by Lord Anduin Lothar.)[7] The Order of the Silver Hand was thus born."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Night elf priests use light in the form of moon light, not the holy light of the humans (not represented properly in game).
    Undead priests bend and twist the light in a perverse way - it is not the same holy light of the humans (not represented properly in game).

Tauren priests and paladins supposedly use the SUN light instead of the holy light, but it is again not represented properly in game.
    So theoretically blizz could make priest-capable classes also have paladins.

Several times over the decade blizz stated that the priests of various races are actually very different but for gameplay purposes they just make them the same.
    In vanilla priests had some unique different spells that kinda flavored it but they got removed.
    I'd love to see that flavor returned; not in the form of separate abilities just because I don't think making it even more difficult for blizz to balance is smart; but I'd like to see the energies/animations altered to fit the fantasy. With the focus of legion being class fantasy, I don't think it'd be so farfetched to have some focus on individual race fantasy in the future. IE:

NE priest spells using a more bluish/white light over the more golden light.
    Humans/Dwarves using the current Golden light
    BE/Draenei using a more pure white light drawing from the Narru
    Tauren abilities receiving a more orange light for the Sun
    Not a damn clue how Forsaken would be altered but you get the idea by now.

Looking at the Paladin followers, Night Elf Paladins are very likely going to be added soon.

Undead Paladins has been talked to death. Lorewise all Undead Priests are Shadows. Very very rarely a undead priest appears as Holy, and thats just in very extreme situations since holy light devours em, inflicting and causing alot of pain and agony when using.

Even if Im a die hard Horde lover fanboy, I never wanna see Undead Paladins ever. It will NEVER make any sense whatsoever. Its just as stupid as giving orcs the priest or druid class.. Equally stupid. While at it, why not add Goblins to the Paladin list. You know why? Because its just ridicilous.

When it comes to Night elf, Im not really sure there either. Night elves gains blessing as priests from their Goddess Elune, not the Light and Naarus. But I guess they can make it work when they magically made it for Taurens...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    ^ Correct.

Alonsus noted the Clerics of Northshire were devastated during the first war and proposed taking the most devout from the Knighthood and training them to use the light; Uther being the first of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Looking at the Paladin followers, Night Elf Paladins are very likely going to be added soon.
    Blizzard should just take my money!! haha

Yeah but... humans already can be both o.O

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Blizz already said that Yrel won't be coming back...

When did they say that?

No, it was. In Tides of Darkness, Foal comes to Lothar and suggests his plan for the Paladins, priests who had been trained in martial combat, Uther being among them.

Also however, Lothar had Gavinrad join as well, one of his soldiers who was a believer in the Light.

Both Knights and Priests could become a Paladin (in lore)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    It was both:

"The Holy Order of Northshire Clerics was devastated during the First War. Seeking to create an order that would suffer less attrition in battle, the Archbishop of the Church of the Holy Light, Alonsus Faol, along with his apprentice Uther, recruited noble knights (to train in the ways of the Light) and members of the priesthood (to train in martial combat). In Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme, Uther was appointed the first of the paladins. He was followed by Saidan Dathrohan, Tirion Fordring and Turalyon (candidates recommended by Alonsus Faol himself)[6] as well as Gavinrad (a candidate proposed by Lord Anduin Lothar.)[7] The Order of the Silver Hand was thus born."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand
    Gamepedia contradicts itself:

"The Archbishop Alonsus Faol had perceived that the pious Clerics of Northshire, who had suffered such terrible attrition in the First War, were ill-suited for the dangers of combat. Along with many of the surviving Clerics of Northshire, he sought those of only the greatest virtue among the knighthood of Lordaeron and tutored them in the ways of magic. Led by the crusading Uther the Lightbringer, it now rested upon the new paladins - christened the Knights of the Silver Hand - to heal the wounds sustained in combat and to restore faith in the promise of freedom from orcish tyranny.[5]"

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Paladin

Anyone got a copy of Chronicles handy? Mines at home.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Wasn't Uther a Priest before he became a pally?
    According to various sources: "Uther was a knight and apprentice cleric".

He was a worshipper of the light before becoming a knight of Stormwind, but only after becoming a knight decided to change his path and become a cleric under Alonsus Faol. Because of his prior training as a knight, the idea of the paladin was born.

I would guess that the path to paladinhood could arise from a background as either a knight or a cleric (priest), but as I understand it, for the most part, paladins were recruited from among the ranks of the knighthood. Which makes a lot of sense since the clerics' numbers were decimated during the first war.

It's a subtle distinction, but the difference is that priests are regular folk with no martial background who take up service to some faith (not just the light), while paladins are warriors who have taken up service to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Gamepedia contradicts itself:

"The Archbishop Alonsus Faol had perceived that the pious Clerics of Northshire, who had suffered such terrible attrition in the First War, were ill-suited for the dangers of combat. Along with many of the surviving Clerics of Northshire, he sought those of only the greatest virtue among the knighthood of Lordaeron and tutored them in the ways of magic. Led by the crusading Uther the Lightbringer, it now rested upon the new paladins - christened the Knights of the Silver Hand - to heal the wounds sustained in combat and to restore faith in the promise of freedom from orcish tyranny.[5]"

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Paladin

Anyone got a copy of Chronicles handy? Mines at home.
    It doesn't contradict itself. The article I linked simply had more information, while the one you linked lacked a piece. Besides, Turalyon himself, one of the first 5 paladins, started off as a priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Anduin is becoming a paladin, and by extension a Knights of the Silver Hand, im gonna make him scrub the toilets in my order hall
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

Next expansion, all Priests will get the chance to upgrade them self to Paladins. Because Anduin could, so everyone should.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore