Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I wonder if someone once told Trump that high scores are better in gold so he think's he's winning?
    Believe me, gold is the best, yugely the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Believe me, gold is the best, yugely the best.
    meant golf o' course.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by MuLLvaD3n View Post
    And Americans prefer this system over a system where tax pays for healthcare?

I don't even want to get into the discussion about what system is the "best", but it's extremely interesting how people can think so different about healthcare just based on what continent you live on, (Europe and USA). Must suck hard time being a average earning person or lower over there and getting sick.
    its generally an attitude of health care not being a right, and take care of yourself (to an extent) not saying which is way is right, but its how its viewed. I know i personally don't want tax payer money used to cover my health care (outside of what i earned via time in the USAF). you also have a fear that corruption in the system would just mask the cost of medicine and where as the pill costs 1,000.00 USD to one person now cost 3,000 USD but since its spread out into the system you only see a cost of 5.00 USD. The horrible state of the VA system doesn't give people much confidence that the gov't could run it either.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    its generally an attitude of health care not being a right, and take care of yourself (to an extent) not saying which is way is right, but its how its viewed. I know i personally don't want tax payer money used to cover my health care (outside of what i earned via time in the USAF). you also have a fear that corruption in the system would just mask the cost of medicine and where as the pill costs 1,000.00 USD to one person now cost 3,000 USD but since its spread out into the system you only see a cost of 5.00 USD. The horrible state of the VA system doesn't give people much confidence that the gov't could run it either.
    Well maybe the US government (bush) shouldn't be starting 2 wars and not planning ahead?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Costs_for_care

The VA's budget has been pushed to the limit in recent years by the War on Terrorism.[19] In December 2004, it was widely reported that VA’s funding crisis had become so severe that it could no longer provide disability ratings to veterans in a timely fashion.[20] This is a problem because until veterans are fully transitioned from the active-duty TRICARE healthcare system to VA, they are on their own with regard to many healthcare costs.

You can't complain about how bad something is while that organization has to deal with 2 stupid wars and not the appropriate funds.

Even if the VA is bad in some ways I was read that it does actually run relatively cheap compared to private insurance

http://economistsview.typepad.com/ec...pitals_vs.html

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well maybe the US government (bush) shouldn't be starting 2 wars and not planning ahead?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Costs_for_care

You can't complain about how bad something is while that organization has to deal with 2 stupid wars and not the appropriate funds.

Even if the VA is bad in some ways I was read that it does actually run relatively cheap compared to private insurance

http://economistsview.typepad.com/ec...pitals_vs.html
    has zero to do with either war in the sense of needing more money, its there for the most part... and is a matter of corruption in the VA and waste of money.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/report-va-s...ry?id=40970667

it also maybe cheaper but general its worse than private care in terms of quality

10+ Year Old Account
    has zero to do with either war in the sense of needing more money, its there for the most part... and is a matter of corruption in the VA and waste of money.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/report-va-s...ry?id=40970667

it also maybe cheaper but general its worse than private care in terms of quality
    You think overloading an underfunded organization with new patients has nothing to do with its poor performance?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    False dichotomy and revisionist history. You seem to live in an alternate reality. How sad for you.
    Their is.nothing revisionist about republican obsyructionism. They tried to repeal it repeatedly and blocked the legislation at every turn.

The fact is you are in favor of giving a tax cut, an extremely marginal tax cut but a tax cut none the less for the richest of the rich at the expense of healthcare for the neediest and most vulnerable in society. You would let them die.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-04-21 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You think overloading an underfunded organization with new patients has nothing to do with its poor performance?
    should not even be a "system" they should stick to paying for needed care, and letting these people use the private healthcare system.
    they would get care faster and better then they are today. But for some reason vets want to hold on to this broken system where people wait years for the care they need

when they miss use the money vs allocating it properly to take care of the surge in patients, yes i do. Its not like the surge was over night they had time to get ready and should have had a plan in place in case of war before either war was thought about.... I mean it is the VA it doesn't take a genius to realize that if a war starts we will likely see an increase in patients so lets go ahead and figure out how we handle said increase and address potential issues ahead of time vs spending millions of dollars in wast and millions of man-hours on other projects such as lobbying, union activities etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    should not even be a "system" they should stick to paying for needed care, and letting these people use the private healthcare system.
    they would get care faster and better then they are today. But for some reason vets want to hold on to this broken system where people wait years for the care they need
    as a vet i dont know a single vet that wouldn't prefer a system were they got to go where they wanted and when vs the current VA system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I dunno, it's probably some strange idea that the organization that sent you into strange lands to get shot at, blown up and sprayed with toxic chemicals should, I dunno, take responsibility for that or something. Seems strange I know. /sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

when they miss use the money vs allocating it properly to take care of the surge in patients, yes i do. Its not like the surge was over night they had time to get ready and should have had a plan in place in case of war before either war was thought about.... I mean it is the VA it doesn't take a genius to realize that if a war starts we will likely see an increase in patients so lets go ahead and figure out how we handle said increase and address potential issues ahead of time vs spending millions of dollars in wast and millions of man-hours on other projects such as lobbying, union activities etc...
    The VA is reliant on Congress to get more funding. If Congress doesn't give them more money, but forces more patients on them, it's not really the VA's fault that Congress won't give them more money.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Why what happens at 100 days?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    why what happens at 100 days?
    Trump turns back into a pumpkin!
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    ON day 101 I wake up and do everything I was doing all the other days.

I dunno, it's probably some strange idea that the organization that sent you into strange lands to get shot at, blown up and sprayed with toxic chemicals should, I dunno, take responsibility for that or something. Seems strange I know. /sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

The VA is reliant on Congress to get more funding. If Congress doesn't give them more money, but forces more patients on them, it's not really the VA's fault that Congress won't give them more money.
    my point is currently i dont see them needing more money, i see them needing to use the money they have on their patients vs millions on statues and art for an office.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trump claims that his first 100 days were the best 100 days of any President, yugely better, let me tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their is.nothing revisionist about republican obsyructionism. They tried to repeal it repeatedly and blocked the legislation at every turn.
    OK, I'll play....what ACA flaws were the direct result of Republican obstructionism? Please be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The fact is you are in favor of giving a tax cut, an extremely marginal tax cut but a tax cut none the less for the richest of the rich at the expense of healthcare for the neediest and most vulnerable in society. You would let them die.
    I laugh at your 'heartless baby killer' mentality....as I wonder about your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    It's disgusting tbh. And then you realise they murder their mentaly disabled prisoners.

Mentally ill man set to die in Arkansas 'conveyor belt' executions
    Within an hour of Rebecca Doss' strangulation death, her killer, Bruce Earl Ward, a homeless perfume salesman, was stopped at the gas station where she worked by a Little Rock police officer who had stumbled upon the crime scene.

The officer became concerned after finding the Jackpot Inc. convenience store empty and conducted a check of the building, later finding Doss strangled in the men’s restroom with the door key inches away from her outstretched hand. Authorities believe the teen was also sexually assaulted before her death.

In a videocassette played for jurors midway through his October 1990 trial, Ward could be heard asking the clerk to help him open the restroom door and telling Doss that the key would not fit.

“I’m coming; hold on,” Doss replied in the recording, before the tape went eerily silent.

A short time after police arrived early Aug. 11, 1989, the officer witnessed Ward walking from the bathrooms on the left side of the gas station on North Rodney Parham Road. Authorities questioned Ward and arrested him as he walked toward his motorcycle.

Weeks before the strangulation, Ward had been selling perfume from a suitcase and living in local homeless shelters. Before that, he had served time in Pennsylvania for the 1977 strangulation of a then-20-year-old woman in Erie, Pa.

Doss’ killing was one of two at Little Rock gas stations over a three-week span that summer. Another clerk, a 35-year-old man, was killed in a robbery-turned-slaying July 24, 1989, at a convenience store off Interstate 30.

“How can you deal with it? An 18-year-old girl lost her life over absolutely nothing,” David Copeland, co-owner of Jackpot Inc., told an Arkansas Democrat reporter of Doss’ death as he stood feet from the bathroom where the teen’s body was found.

Maybe he should get out of prison and come stay with your daughter then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Within an hour of Rebecca Doss' strangulation death, her killer, Bruce Earl Ward, a homeless perfume salesman, was stopped at the gas station where she worked by a Little Rock police officer who had stumbled upon the crime scene.

The officer became concerned after finding the Jackpot Inc. convenience store empty and conducted a check of the building, later finding Doss strangled in the men’s restroom with the door key inches away from her outstretched hand. Authorities believe the teen was also sexually assaulted before her death.

In a videocassette played for jurors midway through his October 1990 trial, Ward could be heard asking the clerk to help him open the restroom door and telling Doss that the key would not fit.

“I’m coming; hold on,” Doss replied in the recording, before the tape went eerily silent.

A short time after police arrived early Aug. 11, 1989, the officer witnessed Ward walking from the bathrooms on the left side of the gas station on North Rodney Parham Road. Authorities questioned Ward and arrested him as he walked toward his motorcycle.

Weeks before the strangulation, Ward had been selling perfume from a suitcase and living in local homeless shelters. Before that, he had served time in Pennsylvania for the 1977 strangulation of a then-20-year-old woman in Erie, Pa.

Doss’ killing was one of two at Little Rock gas stations over a three-week span that summer. Another clerk, a 35-year-old man, was killed in a robbery-turned-slaying July 24, 1989, at a convenience store off Interstate 30.

“How can you deal with it? An 18-year-old girl lost her life over absolutely nothing,” David Copeland, co-owner of Jackpot Inc., told an Arkansas Democrat reporter of Doss’ death as he stood feet from the bathroom where the teen’s body was found.

Maybe he should get out of prison and come stay with your daughter then?
    I coach people who have the same mental illness and i even adopted a young boy who has it. They all get proper care in my country through coaching and medication, and i can tell you they are wonderfull people! So YES, 1 lives "with my douchter"!

Let me tell you someting else you dumb knownothing: the whole problem is that in your backwardly society you leave people to rot in the gutters, and people with these kind of brain disfunction lose all sence of reality when they don't get proper care! So the problem is that those 2 people killed in that gasstation would have still be alive IF THERE WHEREN'T PEOPLE LIKE YOU, but respectfull people who take a little care of eachother. (and a proper healthcare system)

You are part of the problem boy, and you condone killing people who are sick and can be treated for their disease. But then again, you know nothing.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    What's bad about the Republican high risk pools?
    http://khn.org/news/sounds-like-a-go...gh-risk-pools/ does a better job explaining than I can, but tl;dw is that it's either too expensive or it leads to people not getting the care they need, or getting the care they need too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. Someone needs to tell him to just take the L and move on already. The momentum is gone, people saw how stupid the proposals were. Come up with real legislation of STFU about it already.

Congress has gone home to all their constituents, constituents who are telling them how stupid Trumpcare is. If it couldn't get pass when it have the wind at its back, its not going to pass. The best they can do is steer healthcare into failure before midterms so they can blame it all on the Democrats to win seats. IF YOU'RE A SMART REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN YOU DO NOT TOUCH THAT SHIT UNTIL CAMPAIGN SEASON!

But I hope they do so they give up their seats even quicker.

Resident Cosplay Progressive