Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimZ-VIII View Post
    It's necessary to stop saying shit, especially on this tier, Gul'dan HC is extremely accessible, even for someone with 880 ilvl and without experience. The problem here is especially that you are not patient.

You'd rather get boosted by 905-910 ilvl rather than think about 5 seconds: No FoS = No kill = No FoS . Are you stupid ?

You just have to enjoy being 900+ to take theses 880 and help them get the first kill, and the FoS, instead of taking other 900+.

This week my team was taking a 879 Warrior, we clean with him without any problem and he got 10 items (HC and HC WF) and now he's 887, with the FoS, and able to run next weeks with us or another guild.

So no, a 880 without exp will not make wipe the group, it's more likely you aren't able to push a 880, you are not good enough with your 900+ ilvl.
    You are clearly talking about a guild run, which is a whole other story. My guild is carrying 4-5 alts at low ilvl every week, no problem.

But this is about PUGs, not coordinated guilds boosting lower ilvl chars. I personally, don't find it amusing to wipe 5-10 times on a HC boss that I could get a one-shot group for just as easily.

If the boss is so god damn easy, why don't everyone have AOTC by now? Just make a quick pug, anyone can join, the boss is super easy, and kill him. That's the logic I see by most posters in this thread.
    But no, that's not what they mean, they just want access to those farming groups that are demanding you have experience and the gear for easy farming. 880 is perfectly fine for killing the boss. 880 with zero experience is perfectly fine to kill the boss. IN a guild, with 19 others with 900+ and experience. Sure it is easy to one-shot him with 880 and zero experience if you are dead-weight in a carry group.

However, if you take 15 880s with zero experience, and walz in there expecting to land a kill that night. Best of luck mate!

And now, I don't rather get boosted by 905-910 ilvl, I just rather make/join groups around my gear level and experience, which is that ilvl. Why would I handicap my self by joining a progress PuG? Or by inviting people who do 200-300k less dps? I've killed Gul'dan on HC since week one on multiple characters, I just don't feel like going back to week one and joining a undergeared pug with no experience just because "it is doable!".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    But this is about PUGs, not coordinated guilds boosting lower ilvl chars. I personally, don't find it amusing to wipe 5-10 times on a HC boss that I could get a one-shot group for just as easily.
    So because you wont find it amusing people can't join and kill bosses ?

I personally find the game more fun by helping pugs without experience to kill bosses that are inaccessible for them, because they dont have 930 ilvl, and they dont have the FoS of the Mythic Tomb of Sargeras to kill HC Gul'Dan.

And because running on a boss with 30 ilevel more than the prerequisite is anything except fun, that feel like run a 737ch McLaren P1 against a stock 1995 Ford Fiesta

Come on, it's a MMORPG, you can't get progression if other players are ignoring you because of ilevel (Which does not mean anything) or achievements (Which does not mean anything).
    Last edited by mmocf2b6c3b75f; 2017-04-21 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimZ-VIII View Post
    So because you wont find it amusing people can't join and kill bosses ?

I personally find the game more fun by helping pugs without experience to kill bosses that are inaccessible for them, because they dont have 930 ilvl, and they dont have the FoS of the Mythic Tomb of Sargeras to kill HC Gul'Dan.

And because running on a boss with 30 ilevel more than the prerequisite is anything except fun, that feel like run a 737ch McLaren P1 against a stock 1995 Ford Fiesta

Come on, it's a MMORPG, you can't get progression if other players are ignoring you because of ilevel (Which does not mean anything) or achievements (Which does not mean anything).
    No. I don't find it amusing to carry people.

And again, if HC Gul'dan is so god damn easy, why don't everyone just make a pug and invite who ever signs up? Oh wait, because it suddenly becomes hard again when you are facing him with a raid full of 880 ilvl people and no body got a clue what to do when he aims Fel Flux, so you wipe on the first phase.

Anyways, you seem do what ever you find fun. All I'm saying is stop crying about not getting invited to farm groups, if you haven't even killed the boss yet. Create your own pug, read up on tactics, explain it to everyone in the raid about 2-3 times so they perhaps understands it, force them to join Voice Com AND hope 50% of the pug doesn't leave on the first phase 1 wipe. That's the reality. I've progressed with pugs before, when I didn't have time for scheduled raiding with a guild. It is perfectly doable to get AOTC as a pug only, but you might have to create those pugs your self.

Don't just come running to a forum crying that no one wants to invite you, because you only got 880 ilvl (Which by the way, is EXTREMELY low, even if you don't raid). Go create a pug, invite whomever you want to invite, as it is your pug. And get the kill. Don't except to be carried. That's what LFR is for.

Also I love the excuse "they don't even check logs!", logs for what? Your LFR run where you can pretty much ignore everything and tunnel the boss? Ye, no.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    I believe I need make a new addon to check their achievement in order to kick them.
    And?

Nothing new?

Some need it due to dicks running the groups?

Seriously, some don't have the AotC just because they aren't permitted to join a NH HC Gul'dan kill, even though they might be geared for it, so no wonder.

Then again, maybe people should get off their high horse? Stop being a scrub? I've always had a main theory that people asking for AotC for the difficulty where you earn it, are either not able themselves without the group, or being boosted or are boosting someone.

Oh, and AotC doesn't mean that a person knows what he/she might be doing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And?

Nothing new?

Some need it due to dicks running the groups?

Seriously, some don't have the AotC just because they aren't permitted to join a NH HC Gul'dan kill, even though they might be geared for it, so no wonder.

Then again, maybe people should get off their high horse? Stop being a scrub? I've always had a main theory that people asking for AotC for the difficulty where you earn it, are either not able themselves without the group, or being boosted or are boosting someone.

Oh, and AotC doesn't mean that a person knows what he/she might be doing.
    Or they are just looking to form a quick group to one-shot the raid for the week.

These requirements are often not enforced as strictly as the full caps leads you to believe. I've gotten in plenty of groups where I lacked the itemlevel or achievement, especially when it's not prime time. Helps that I play a ranged hero with lust though I guess, might be harder if you're demon hunter #8782732

I think its a very simple situation. If you already have 900+ and have done HC Guldan since week 1 it's not unreasonable at all to want to clear H NH as efficient as possible when all you want is AP/TF if for some reason you miss farm day or your guild doesn't do a farm night.

I don't want to spend 2-3 hours on something that has been in farm for 2 months and can be easily cleared in an hour and without any wipes.

Mind you I don't RL or create any pug groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    These requirements are often not enforced as strictly as the full caps leads you to believe. I've gotten in plenty of groups where I lacked the itemlevel or achievement, especially when it's not prime time. Helps that I play a ranged hero with lust though I guess, might be harder if you're demon hunter #8782732
    my 913 DH get insta invites without acm strange ... guess i have luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Or they are just looking to form a quick group to one-shot the raid for the week.
    But then again, it might not be quick? The one with the AotC might just be a boost, or a scrub or not caring? While the one without it, might be more than enough geared, as well as a raiding 'wiz'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I see this all the time it's so annoying, that's why I just warcraftlogs/armory people whenever I'm running a pug

I broke down and fake cheev'd my way to a PUG Gul'dan AOTC after a week of wiping to absolutely inexcusable cluelessness and shittery. It hardly helped. People are still worthless even if they actually did participate in their legitimate AOTC rather than buy it. By the time I finally got it I could do the encounter in my sleep. I think the most satisfying part of it was the reactions to having AOTC pop when he died.

I really need a guild that can clear H NH in a night but doesn't have Mythic aspirations... Heroic is not that hard, especially at this point in the tier where you can basically ignore mechanics on Normal. Pugging Curve is fucking hell. Too bad I'm stuck on Tich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

I try to join guilds into mythic but If i seem inactive I get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But then again, it might not be quick? The one with the AotC might just be a boost, or a scrub or not caring? While the one without it, might be more than enough geared, as well as a raiding 'wiz'.
    If there was two groups in the group finder for NH HC, one "LFM NH HC, come one come all" and one "LFM NH HC weekly farm, 990+ and AOTC is a must". I wouldn't hesitate a split second about which one I would sign up for.

Anyways, this "argument" or what ever it is, is pretty much slimmed down to people saying "nay!" and people saying "yay!".

I've done my fair share of pugging. I've been in both groups of pugs, I've created both groups of pugs. They are two different kinds of pugs. One is to progress through the content, the other one is for those who have cleared it 20 times allready and just want a quick run. Both are amazing, both works fine, and both got their own crowd. But there is always those who come to these forums, and it happens every damn tier, that cries about people demanding "impossible" achievements two months into the raid tier.
    And there is ONE sollution: CREATE YOUR OWN PUG IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES OTHERS MAKES FOR THEIRS. That's how easy it is. And if you can't lead a pug to kill a boss, then you might not have the knowledge of that boss you thought you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    AOTC is fucking awful and needs to be removed from the game. My ilevel is 880 and I can't get into heroic nighthold pugs at all for gear. Not even normal ones anymore. It takes me an hour to find a group. And when I do I start seeing the higher geared people who are just in there for AP start saying ridiculous shit like "ONLY INVITE PEOPLE WHO ARE 900+ NOW" or "PUT AOTC ONLY IN DESC". For normal. There are other measures that can be put in place.
    One can easily get ilvl 900+ equipped just from running M+, without stepping into any raids.
    You're competing with all these people for the raid spot. I'm not surprised you can't get in.
    I think you should find a guild...

I see no problem with faking achievements to get into a pug, if you happen to be shit or not knowing what the fuck to do you will likely be called out and kicked regardless.

On the other hand if you know what to do and you can play your class properly then no one will be the wiser and it really wouldn't fucking matter if it was a faked achievement or not.

Stop necroing threads from 2013....oh wait...