Poll: If Le Pen wins, is the EU finished?

Thread: If Le Pen Wins

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Care to elaborate on the "where you belong" part? In what way?
    Personally, I moved from Austria to Sweden a couple of months ago simply because I really like it here - and I don't exactly see what's wrong with that. Do I have any kind of obligation to stay at the place/in the country I was born in? If so, why?
    Our founding Father(Willem van Orangje) was from one of the German states, just seems silly to me to box people in like that.
    People have been moving around for god knows how long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Russia and ISIS have nothing to do with a possible collapse of the EU, it's their own fault for not being democratic and simply forcing all kinds of shit on the population of Europe.
    What are you on about? The EU is democratic, or did you forget to vote in the Euro-elections?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What are you on about? The EU is democratic, or did you forget to vote in the Euro-elections?
    The European Commission and the President of the European Council are not democratically elected. That's one of the parts that needs to be reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The European Commission and the President of the European Council are not democratically elected. That's one of the parts that needs to be reformed.
    Commission is nothing more than Civil servants appointed by heads of government and the MEPs slap them down all the time, president is a ceremonial place and if the position was called anything else no one would try to compare it to a position of real power.

Balance of power in the EU goes

Leaders of EU countries who are in place by Democratic means
    MEPs
    Everyone else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    You are asian right? so im guessing that u dont live in a no go zone and ur not on social welfare?.
    Hurray the myth of no go areas still exist in the minds of the uneducated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post

They are.

Unless you want to claim that most West-European governments aren't democratic either because they vote for political parties and representatives and can not directly elect the Prime-Minister itself?

Democracy isn't limited to presidential elections.
    They are democratically appointed, not elected. It's about the technicality term. It does need to be reformed to become more clear.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-04-23 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They are democratically appointed, not elected. It's about technicality term. It does need to be reformed to become more clear.
    Nah man, the only democratic system is the American one where you could lose the election and still become president
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Commission is nothing more than Civil servants appointed by heads of government and the MEPs slap them down all the time, president is a ceremonial place and if the position was called anything else no one would try to compare it to a position of real power.

Balance of power in the EU goes

Leaders of EU countries who are in place by Democratic means
    MEPs
    Everyone else
    Which needs to reflect among the voting population. People don't know that they are voting for the European parties, they vote for the National parties. That's one of the reforms I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

That's a bunch of bullshit, borders still exists and there is no monoculturalism going on - every part of Europe has their own identity just as they had before the EU.

You must not live in the EU to sprout such nonsense.
    Borders don't exist in the EU. Anyone can migrate wherever they want within the Union unimpeded. Brexit was a response to the influx of Slavs. If we see a Frexit, it'll be in response to the Muslims. Tribalism is the natural order of man. No amount of leftist progression will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

That's just retarded, every country has lots of immigrants and it's been that way for centuries - I'm Danish for like 6 generations but on my fathers side I'm Swedish and on my mother side I'm German.

Homeland is a stupid notion - guess all US Americans should leave as well.
    So what you're saying is that your father is from a Germanic tribe and your mother is from a Germanic side so that makes you from a Germanic tribe, and you all speak Germanic languages that come from the same Proto-Germanic root. You're not a product of immigration. You're a product of migration within your own culture group.

And the Americans don't have to leave. They killed millions of natives to make sure of that. That's what happens when you open your arms to an outside tribe. Denmark would still be worshiping Thor if they didn't let the Christians in. Now much of the old ways, your ancestral heritage, has been lost to a globalist foreign religion with a foreign god from a foreign land. And now another globalist foreign religion from that same foreign region is threatening to do it again. But you go ahead and welcome them with open arms. I'm sure you'll make Harald Bluetooth proud.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

As an American, I obviously pay little attention to the lesser continents. But, I'm curious about things I have heard about the EU. Is it true the leaders are not elected by the people?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    But you go ahead and welcome them with open arms. I'm sure you'll make Harald Bluetooth proud.
    All hail mighty Odin! Blessed be his headsets!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    All hail mighty Odin! Blessed be his headsets!
    Actually, Harald Bluetooth, for whom that device is named, was a traitor to Odin and the rest of the Germanic Gods. He converted to Christianity and contributed to its growth in Scandinavia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    They can't be opposed - that's true. Nationalism is more extreme version of patriotism.The question should be - when does patriotism become nationalism. You can have your usual forum goers who spout "the will of the people", "the EU is an undermocratic elected state" and "immigration is bad for the host culture" but that's a very extreme view of things and it borders on jingoism. In regards to Trudeau, I think him and the SNP in Scotland are patriots because they show openness to other cultures while Le Pen and Trump (the latter bordering on jingoism) are nationalists because of their overall message - OUR culture, OUT nation should come first.

For the Germans - Bismarck viewed nationalists as useful idiots, don't know much about Kohl as a person but given Germany's previous history with nationalism I doubt he was that.
    No. Again, patriotism is emotional. Nationalism is ideological. Patriotism is an attachment for your homeland, that pushes you to work for its prosperity, respect its institutions and even fight for its security. Today, the "homeland" is usually the nation. Now, what is the "nation"? Well, it depends of the country. Each country has its own definition of what it is. Nationalism gives the ideological framework in which patriotism expresses itself. One country will lean towards ethnic nationalism, another will favor a civic nationalism or another may even place religion at the center of the nation (like Iran). Pierre Elliott Trudeau (the father of the other boy scout) was a canadian nationalist because he tried to make Canada more independant from UK and USA, he had a nationalist approach to the economy, etc. even though he introduced multiculturalism in Canada. The SNP is nationalist by the sole fact it wants to constitute a scottish nation, independant from UK. The fact that it is open to immigration and Europe does not make them less nationalist. You could say the same with Quebec nationalism in Canada. As for jingoism, it is also on the emotional level and is really extreme patriotism. Patriotism is to nationalism what jingoism is to imperialism.

And let's be realistic here: all nations will put their interests first. No nation will sacrifice its own good for another, unless it gains something in return or is coerced to accept that loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Actually, Harald Bluetooth, for whom that device is named, was a traitor to Odin and the rest of the Germanic Gods. He converted to Christianity and contributed to its growth in Scandinavia.
    What a good man.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    What a good man.
    Not from my perspective, but then again, I'm a filthy Heathen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But, I'm curious about things I have heard about the EU. Is it true the leaders are not elected by the people?
    No.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counci...European_Union and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Council are made up by ministers of member nations. European Council is the name for when the priministers/Equivalent meet a few times a year. While generally not directly elected in general, they are elected by popular vote.
    Then https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament is the legislavtive body.

The Commission is an executive that is suggested by the council and voted for by the Parliament.

People who claim that the EU is filled with "un-elected positions" either are clueless what they talk about. Or don't understand how "Representative democracy" works. Even if there is problems that turn-out to the election to the European Parliament tends to be low.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    No.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counci...European_Union and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Council are made up by ministers of member nations. European Council is the name for when the priministers/Equivalent meet a few times a year. While generally not directly elected in general, they are elected by popular vote.
    Then https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament is the legislavtive body.

The Commission is an executive that is suggested by the council and voted for by the Parliament.

People who claim that the EU is filled with "un-elected positions" either are clueless what they talk about. Or don't understand how "Representative democracy" works. Even if there is problems that turn-out to the election to the European Parliament tends to be low.
    So the leaders are chosen by other leaders? This sounds like the flawed Senate that existed originally in the US, that was chosen by Congress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    You are asian right? so im guessing that u dont live in a no go zone and ur not on social welfare?.

So if you think SD wana kick you out then you are brainwashed by feminazi media here in Sweden.

All they want is controlled immigration like in US Canada and to kick out all that behave badly and illegals.
    Yes I am, so? I've heard plenty of people tell me that I should go back home and that I'm unwanted here. They wouldn't be saying this to white people.
    Last edited by mmoc29c1f4b73a; 2017-04-23 at 06:03 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    8:00 pm in france, election is closed.

forecast is second election attempt between Le Pen and Macron, both somewhere below 25 %.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    A vote for Le Pen is a vote for France and against globalism. Here's hoping france uncucks itself

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    A vote for Le Pen is a vote for France and against globalism. Here's hoping france uncucks itself
    La France suis cucked then.

excuse mois for my bad french.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    I think at this point it is very, very unlikely that she will become the next French president.
    She did not even manage to win the first round; and in the second one she will be up against a lot of voters with an "anything but Le Pen!" mentality. This is true to a much lesser extent for Macron. Traditionally, extreme (right and left) candidates have a harder time getting people that do not traditionally vote for them to do so in run-offs compared to moderates - which she would have to do, though.

Sadly no.....