Thread: Is frost op?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Good point. Hold the press, we need to buff Frost because this one dude can't level as it.
    How clever of you!

For your information, my mage is level 107 so I can level with it just fine. There's this thing called "kiting", if you didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How clever of you!

For your information, my mage is level 107 so I can level with it just fine. There's this thing called "kiting", if you didn't know about it.
    Okay.

I'm not the one who decided to pretend like my input on a character I'd put a couple hours into mattered but sure, imagine that I'm the stupid one.

Okay.

I'm not the one who decided to pretend like my input on a character I'd put a couple hours into mattered but sure, imagine that I'm the stupid one.
    If you're going to dish it, prepare to receive it as well. Just sayin'.

Not that I'm sure what you mean, since you tried to attack me claiming I "can't level", and I explained I can level fine. Got issues with your thinking cap or something, bud?

If you're going to dish it, prepare to receive it as well. Just sayin'.

Not that I'm sure what you mean, since you tried to attack me claiming I "can't level", and I explained I can level fine. Got issues with your thinking cap or something, bud?
    Seems I've stepped on a sore toe. I didn't mean to offend, only to point out the error of your ways. Stupidity is a disease best cured by introspection.

Seems I've stepped on a sore toe. I didn't mean to offend, only to point out the error of your ways. Stupidity is a disease best cured by introspection.
    In what way am I "stupid"? There's no introspection going on here, you just tried to attack someone over something silly as "can't level as this class in a game" and that person proved you wrong. Are you really so desperate to make yourself feel big?

Not that there's any skin off my back if you get your validation from the thought that you can level as a mage whilst someone else can't. Your standards for "smarts" are beneath mine at any rate.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-23 at 02:47 PM.

In what way am I "stupid"? There's no introspection going on here, you just tried to attack someone over something silly as "can't level as this class in a game" and that person proved you wrong. Are you really so desperate to make yourself feel big?

Not that there's any skin off my back if you get your validation from the thought that you can level as a mage whilst someone else can't. Your standards for "smarts" are beneath mine at any rate.
    Definitely stepped on a sore toe. Hilarious how you attempt to berate me "trying to make myself big" and then finish off with trying to make yourself seem big. I never attacked, I made a joke and someone with poor confidence got defensive.

Definitely stepped on a sore toe. Hilarious how you attempt to berate me "trying to make myself big" and then finish off with trying to make yourself seem big. I never attacked, I made a joke and someone with poor confidence got defensive.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel good I suppose.
    Again, dish it and prepare to receive.

The "I was just joking"-exit is predictable though and might have worked had you not followed your post up with proclaiming how you're just shining light on "stupidity" over leveling a class in a game.

Doesn't have anything to do with "poor confidence" since I've been playing the class for years, not a few hours during Legion. Instead, it has everything to do with reacting to what you posted, nothing more and nothing less.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-23 at 03:04 PM.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel good I suppose.
    Again, dish it and prepare to receive.

The "I was just joking"-exit is predictable though and might have worked had you not followed your post up with proclaiming how you're just shining light on "stupidity" over leveling a class in a game.

Doesn't have anything to do with "poor confidence" and everything to do with reacting to what you posted, nothing more and nothing less.
    Reacting defensively to what I posted is exactly how you showed said poor confidence.

It was a joke, you reacting defensively is what made me realise it was just stupidity because you showed that you weren't joking.

I also like that you have to over-emphasise, I feel like if we were having this conversation irl you'd be screaming right now.

Reacting defensively to what I posted is exactly how you showed said poor confidence.

It was a joke, you reacting defensively is what made me realise it was just stupidity because you showed that you weren't joking.

I also like that you have to over-emphasise, I feel like if we were having this conversation irl you'd be screaming right now.
    Not at all, just pointing out that you should stand for what you write. People can't be expected to understand "jokes" in text if you do not somehow emphasise that you are indeed joking. Saying "it was a joke" well after the fact? Classic.

It's a common tactic for people to quickly use the "sore toe"-card as well in order to try and deflect, so that's another tick in the predictable box.

Not at all, just pointing out that you should stand for what you write. People can't be expected to understand "jokes" in text if you do not somehow emphasise that you are indeed joking. Saying "it was a joke" well after the fact? Classic.

It's a common tactic for people to quickly use the "sore toe"-card as well in order to try and deflect, so that's another tick in the predictable box.
    Got it. I'll be sure to add "[This is a joke]" at the end of my jokes in future instances when I believe the people I'm joking at are stupid.

Not sure what you think I'm trying to deflect anyway. I don't have any issues with insulting you, I was just trying to make sense out of the defensive response.

Got it. I'll be sure to add "[This is a joke]" at the end of my jokes in future instances when I believe the people I'm joking at are stupid.

Not sure what you think I'm trying to deflect anyway. I don't have any issues with insulting you, I was just trying to make sense out of the defensive response.
    If you think it's a sign of stupidity to not assume that people are joking in written text unless they emphasise it somehow... well. Can now 100% verify that your measurements for intelligence are beneath my own.

I simply assume that people are capable of making their intentions clearly understood in written text. I can see now that my assumption is too generous when it comes to some. I still won't start assuming that people are joking though, that'd be to lower my own standards.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-23 at 03:21 PM.

If you think it's a sign of stupidity to not assume that people are joking in written text unless they emphasise it somehow... well. Can now 100% verify that your measurements for intelligence are beneath my own.

I simply assume that people are capable of making their intentions clearly understood in written text. I can see now that my assumption is too generous when it comes to some. I still won't start assuming that people are joking though, that'd be to lower my own standards.
    Well, autism is a serious condition.

Ice Lance has no cast time and low mana cost, but deals at least about 1 mio damage, up to 5 mio+. With good gear, you have enough procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    To be fair, arcane surpassing all other mage specs is not a new thing because of the way they scale with stats. They are hands down the best scaling specs for mages, so the very last raid tier is going to be arcane unless blizzard change their mind on that
    To be fair, you asked a question and it was answered. Tho, I think the frost OP area was during late MoP with SoO first boss trinket and ridiculous haste you got with the gem proc and bloodlust and so on and on. Living bomb snapshotting, god I miss that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Ice Lance has no cast time and low mana cost, but deals at least about 1 mio damage, up to 5 mio+. With good gear, you have enough procs.
    well it isnt ice lance that is the problem but rather that you can extend IV to the point where its still up when IV goes off cd but it is rather RNG'y and you need very good gear for it like the frost gloves with the change to TV it shouldnt be a problem anymore, id be very surprised if they touch ice lance.

also 5+ mill ice lance is rather exaggerated, 2-3 mill on occasion tends to be the norm when things align altho there seem to be some weird bug on spellblade that sometimes make your ice lance deal like 50% more dmg, maybe thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Molten core & BWL & Ony kappa
    Wasn't frost a go-to spec through the Draenor? I didn't bothered with it and raided fire through whole 6.*.*, but i do recall being called scrub for playing fire over frost, and every single mage in late pugs when my guild stopped bothering with raiding was frost.
    Draenor was all 3 specs for Highmaul (per boss basis), Fire and Arcane for BRH, and primarily Frost into Arcane in HFC. Was probably the most varied Mage expansion we've had, forever lasting HFC farm aside.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2017-04-23 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    5 million? you just made that up. im 913 and ive never seen one higher than ~2.5-3

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    5 million? you just made that up. im 913 and ive never seen one higher than ~2.5-3
    They also brought up mana cost when discussing a frost mage. They don't know how frost mages function.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbound View Post
    linking 99th percentile parses dont mean shit. every top parse is people cheesing fights not doing mechanics.

90th is a more reasonable metric, and frost is 4th. hardly op. now, i would agree that our damage ceiling is very high, but that is because of double ice lance, which in my opinion should be removed. still not as broken as affliction warlocks though who literally only press 1 button for 95% of their damage.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-04-24 at 01:22 AM.