Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What, like, commission biological weapons, use them against civilian targets, murder the refugees, raise them into undeath, perform human sacrifice to fuel an unholy ritual, make pacts with evil godlike undead sorceresses, or attempt to enslave the head of the valkyr to use to further her own ends?

No, I don't see anything like that ever happening.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He was a member of a neutral faction, if he killed any forsaken, they more than likely instigated it.

He was looking for "the blightcaller", (whom he didn't even know was Nathanos at the time) to kill because because he thought that was the entity that had killed Nathanos.
    "Then I began hearing stories of a horror called the Blightcaller haunting the Marris stead, hunting down heroes of the Alliance who sought to restore peace. I feared this was the creature that murdered Nathanos, and I vowed to take its head."

He knowingly went after revenge against an undead that pretty easily could have been identified as a member of the Horde (hunting down Alliance heroes). He did not seek a neutral resolution, he sought revenge. He chose a side and met his end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    She already is, just a matter of time until we have to kill her, and It's about time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i did expected, and yes, she did. She run a some sort of a deal with Helya and tried to enslave Eyir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

let me add this :

Il'gynoth quote: At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

guess who already died 2 times ?

so yeah she will die and fuck the world doing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    let me add this :

Il'gynoth quote: At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

guess who already died 2 times ?

so yeah she will die and fuck the world doing something.
    She have died 3 times.

-Arthas
    -Suicide
    -Shoot in the head

So people assume its not Sylvanas but the world itself (The Sundering and the Cataclysm)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    She did evil things for the right reasons. To her the ends justified the means. Shes still not Hitler level bad.
    I mean, to Hitler the ends justified the Means. So that is a poor argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    She have died 3 times.

-Arthas
    -Suicide
    -Shoot in the head
    And her 3rd death was during Cata... O.O

I think she would do something heroic and gain some place in the light heaven if exist, if illidan can be that, why not her? But to be honest i would like the forsaken would stop doing shady things that only bring more self destruction about themself

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they are going the redemption route with her. The reason i think this is that most of the things she does is morally grey compared to super evil. Not to mention for some reason two scenes stick out to me. Her at the beginning of the vol'jin cinematic, and her face when Eyir escapes, both having her surrounded by the light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Doesn't this get tiring at some point?
    Her actions defy conventional moral standarts that most races uphold or would want to uphold. Sylvanas is clearly a case of an absolute Anti-Hero with villanous aspects. That can make a great story. It could turn her an somehow enlightened character, if the writers would go the consequent path to say that she serves only her own self-interests and rules in the first place because she meats-shield against death, but be once in their lifetime a little bit smart by questioning if this is a bad thing, as long as she is a competent leader who may only act in her self-interests, but does so in a way that it benefits the Forsaken.

They could let other characters arround her act on the basis of their own cultural moral values, which would mean despise her and her methods and by this show off their own personal hyprocrisy everyone hides by the fact that they still work together with her. She is supposed to be a morally dark Anti-Hero and there are so many ways to do it, but never let the world arround her really react to her actions or forget them immediately after isn't one of them. Sylvanas position as Warchief is so fucking absurd that they have to explain it with "God wants it". Even backin biblic times "God wants it" was the lamest storytelling device ever. Instead they could have done something better that brings out what her character is supposed to be, like letting her become Warchief throuch scheming because she is sure that she is in this situation the most competent person for this position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Are you really saying kidnapping someone so that you can save your species is as bad as mass genocide?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like trying to Enslave Odyn's Valkyr and strike a deal with Helya? oh wait..
    She did evil things for the right reasons. To her the ends justified the means. Shes still not Hitler level bad. Heck I could argue shes a better person than Trump or some other political leaders. Lets not actually discuss politics please.
    Are you really saying kidnapping someone so that you can save your species is as bad as mass genocide?
    What a great case of selective thinking. Yes, enslavement and kidnapping are the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like trying to Enslave Odyn's Valkyr and strike a deal with Helya? oh wait..
    implying odyn is the best guy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    What a great case of selective thinking. Yes, enslavement and kidnapping are the same thing
    I mean, you are still forcing someone to come with you against their will either way. I dont care about the terminology. Sylvanas is miles better than Hitler, and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    "Then I began hearing stories of a horror called the Blightcaller haunting the Marris stead, hunting down heroes of the Alliance who sought to restore peace. I feared this was the creature that murdered Nathanos, and I vowed to take its head."

He knowingly went after revenge against an undead that pretty easily could have been identified as a member of the Horde (hunting down Alliance heroes). He did not seek a neutral resolution, he sought revenge. He chose a side and met his end.

Revenge for a wrong done upon his family, just as any of us would... At that point the entity he was hunting was the one who instigated the feud. He was not hunting it because it killed members of The Alliance, or because it was Horde, or because he was Alliance himself, he was hunting it because it killed his cousin.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    He felt regret cause he was his family.

In the end, the boy did made the forsaken his own enemies (as he killed some of the Forsaken) -It seems he was the part of the crusade that is more Alliance (as he points out that he was hunting for Nathanos because of what he have done to the different Alliance warriors that have been unlucky to find themselves against Nathanos).

The forsaken more than likely instigated the fights, especially if any of the kills happened while Garrosh was in charge... If you recall, he did basically give "kill everything that isn't us" orders, Forsaken during those times wouldn't have exactly been friendly towards a random Human patrolling the Plaguelands.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    I'm expecting she bringing Vol'jin back to life as part of that Helias pact she made. If you don't like Vol'jin, you can consider that evil.
    Vol'jin was burned in the funeral pyre... kind of hard to resurrect ashes..

- - - Updated - - -

If they attack you first it is... The Forsaken, particularly when Garrosh was in charge and gave the "kill everything that isn't us" orders, wouldn't have exactly been friendly to a random Human patrolling the Plaguelands.
    Exactly.. if he was wandering around in someone else's lands he was asking to be attacked.. Self defense and all. If you were an undead and a human paladin (natural predator and prey) came marching into your home would you just ignore them?

- - - Updated - - -

Revenge for a wrong done upon his family, just as any of us would... At that point the entity he was hunting was the one who instigated the feud. He was not hunting it because it killed members of The Alliance, or because it was Horde, or because he was Alliance himself, he was hunting it because it killed his cousin.
    What does Sylvanas care if his revenge was justified or not? He trespassed on forsaken land and killed numbers of her people.

Using the plague is questionable.
    Enslaving a Valkyr even if it was to maybe save her people is also questionable. Shes straddling the line between morally grey and slightly evil imo.
    I don't recall claiming otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Snip
    I wasn't really trying to defend the character. Personally, I don't really care for her much. I was just wondering is posting the same "she evul" lines in so many threads about her doesn't get just a tiny bit tiring at some point?

But thank you for actually taking the time to explain your reasoning for disliking her instead of just continuing the with the "hurr durr evil" stuff. Not a lot of people would have done that.

Well, she sort of created a neo-death knight, and attempted to enslave eyir already