Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Indian Immigrants Use Abortion To Enforce Male Sex Preference

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/24/in...ex-preference/

Some Indo-Canadians continue to use abortion as means of “sex selection” to ensure that more male children are born than female.

The Globe and Mail reports that a new study published Monday in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Canada shows that the preference for boys is strongest with immigrants who come to Canada from the Punjabi region of India. Moreover, that preference does not change over time.

“It’s counter-intuitive,” said research scientist Marcelo Urquia, who headed up the study. “We know that the longer immigrants are in Canada, the more likely they are to align to the host country.”

But sex selection continues to be a cultural trait for many Indian immigrants. Women with two female children are most prone to have an abortion in the second trimester of their pregnancy, when they can first ascertain the sex of the fetus. This most recent study is the second phase of a research project initiated by Urquia, who found that 4,400 fewer female children were born to Indo-Canadian parents over 20 years than the statistical average should have allowed.

Urquia’s latest study shows that almost twice as many boys are being born to Indian immigrants than girls: or 192 male children for every 100 female. The average for everyone else around the world is 107 boys to 100 girls.

The difference comes from selective abortions as Urquia’s says nothing else can account for the gap.

Urquia says this distortion will remain the same without some form of intervention.

The preference for boys among many Indian immigrants reveals underlying gender inequities and will not change without intervention, Dr. Urquia said.

Amanpreet Brar, who studies medicine at the University of Toronto and was a participant in the study, says sex-selection abortion was a topic of open discussion in India’s Punjab province where she was raised. But she was perplexed that the practice continues unabated for Indian immigrants in Canada.
    That's just all kinds of awful. Really should ban sex-selective abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post

At the end of the day, Cultural change will be the only way to stop sex-selective abortions.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-04-25 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Without forcing people to answer a personal and invasive questionnaire, there's really no way to do it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Without forcing people to answer a personal and invasive questionnaire, there's really no way to do it.
    There is a way. Don't inform the parents of the sex of the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, there is. Don't tell them the sex of the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really should ban sex-selective abortion.
    And just how are you going to enforce that?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Well thats horrible I never expected Canadians to be so barbaric and sexist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And just how are you going to enforce that?
    By not telling them whether the kid is a boy or girl?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dont tell them..." as in, any time an Indian comes in doctors should just deny them? Do you have any idea how fast you'd get sued over that?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There is a way. Don't inform the parents of the sex of the child.
    You presume they can't ask someone else (e.g. at an ultrasound clinic in the states, where Canadian law wouldn't apply) or figure out how to determine it for themselves (we have this repository of knowledge called the "internet").

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

The mom's body, her choice. It's just a clump of cells anyway. Hands off bigot /sarc

Seriously, once it's strictly up to the parents (and of course in Western culture, specifically the mother), why is one reason more or less valid than any other for choosing to have an abortion? That comes down to personal preference and should be outside the realm of the state to determine what reasons are legitimate and what reasons are not. If the fetus isn't a person, it has no rights. Period.

I suppose you could bring social pressure to bear, but then you risk running afoul of being not sufficiently accepting to other cultures.

Tricky problem, especially with something this objectionable. You'd run into similar issues for crazy people aborting due to transgender too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

Deleted
    Why doesn't this "perfect example of bodily autonomy" get cheered on by feminists and friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Well thats horrible I never expected Canadians to be so barbaric and sexist.
    *points*

Hey Endus, he said something nasty about Canadians. Where's his infraction?!

10+ Year Old Account
    You may not agree with their reasoning but its hard to argue a pro-choice stance while being against the practice. Personally against it, fine. I'm personally against it. One a state level while allowing abortions? If you want to allow it then you might as well bring in the thought police too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You presume they can't ask someone else (e.g. at an ultrasound clinic in the states, where Canadian law wouldn't apply) or figure out how to determine it for themselves (we have this repository of knowledge called the "internet").
    Well the fetal sex determination is about 80% accurate anyway. 100% when the fetus is so old the only way to legally get it out of your body is with a coat hanger.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the fetal sex determination is about 80% accurate anyway. 100% when the fetus is so old the only way to legally get it out of your body is with a coat hanger.
    1. What does that have to do with anything?

2. What precise week mark are you meaning? As in Canada, there have been no criminal laws regarding abortion in Canada since 1988 (R v Morgentaler). It's strictly a matter of medical ethics.

i wonder if sjw and feminist are ok with 1000's of unborn girls being killed.

As someone who is in the middle of the pro choice/life, i want every life to have a chance, but i dont want to tell people they can't get an abortion. But this just feels really wrong. It reminds me of how girls are treated in parts of India, where we're not going to see the abuse anymore, not because they're being educated to treat women fairly, but because they're just aborting them entirely.

to add to that, I dont have a problem with people wanting to pick the sex of their kid, but aborting them based on their sex to me means you're just a waste of life to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    *points*

Hey Endus, he said something nasty about Canadians. Where's his infraction?!
    You'll never take me alive ,coppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Why doesn't this "perfect example of bodily autonomy" get cheered on by feminists and friends?
    Same reason why Pro-lifers don't use "Woman dies during labour while carrying rapist's baby" as part of their ad campaigns.

I don't really agree with their reason to get an abortion....that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    i wonder if sjw and feminist are ok with 1000's of unborn girls being killed.
    No girls are being killed.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-04-25 at 12:58 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I don't see the problem. Either women have bodily autonomy to elect for an abortion or they don't. And personally, I think the reason a woman wants an abortion is none of your damn business.