Poll: Do you agree that raid chests should be limited to bosses you've already killed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    There is no "fuN" in RNG upon RNG upon RNG. Its just frustrating, and when you finally get something, its either often still just crap. You don#t really feel excited when you get something good, or only a very short amount of time. The prevalent feeling is relief when you get something, but only for a short time, and frustration most of the time.
    Thats not "fun". Thats the exact opposite of fun.

We had much better systems in place that made character progression. valor upgrades for example. They served the same purpose as WF/TF (make you stronger), but you could actually pursue them in the way you wated and made you feel like you are actually steadily progressing. Combined with Reforging, which meant that you could make an mediocre item an upgrade for you, this was a very rewarding and fun system.

The current system on the other hand with piles of RNG upon RNG upon RNG is just plain stupid and not fun.
    See i can get behind the rng sucks argument. What i object to is gutting a source of non raid reward because butt hurt mythic raiders want to feel special again.

Quite simple put that gear (specifically tier but also legendaries imho) back on a vendor.

1. If you don't like the loot you get, delete it.
    2. Why do you care what other people loot?

Deleted
    Yes, and the highest possible loot should come only from the most difficult content. The alternative just does not make ANY sense in an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    1. If you don't like the loot you get, delete it.
    2. Why do you care what other people loot?
    In an RPG it is very important what other people have. Hierarchy is what keeps the role-playing atmosphere alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    In an RPG it is very important what other people have. Hierarchy is what keeps the role-playing atmosphere alive and kicking.
    No, its not. Nobody cares anymore. I've had a fun quiz on my server in /4 chat about what is the top raiding guild on our server and who are its players. Knowing such info was usual stuff back in BC/Vanilla/WoTLK. Nowadays, only a couple of people possess such knowledge, while most just run LFR, kiss squirrels and don't give a fuck. The game is changed, players have changed as well, and there is absolutely no way to return back, so there is absolutely no need to remove the earned reward too.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, its not. Nobody cares anymore. I've had a fun quiz on my server in /4 chat about what is the top raiding guild on our server and who are its players. Knowing such info was usual stuff back in BC/Vanilla/WoTLK. Nowadays, only a couple of people possess such knowledge, while most just run LFR, kiss squirrels and don't give a fuck. The game is changed, players have changed as well, and there is absolutely no way to return back, so there is absolutely no need to remove the earned reward too.
    I know. That´s quite sad tbh. The RPG element is almost completely gone from this game. I´m still actively fighting for it like a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    get rid of the chest altogether.
    why get rid of something that is kind of a fun thing to look forward to?
    Hi

It's been like this since the Garrison loot box in WoD. I always figured it was a technical limitation in that Blizzard can't be arsed to design the loot crate to distinguish every individual players' individual progress and provide loot accordingly. And honestly, it's a box every two weeks so the likelihood you'll get super lucky and get a TF'd piece off a boss much deeper in the instance is just as high as you getting that shitty belt off Skorp which gets disenchanted every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. Quite honestly this game doesn't need any more fun things removed from it. Some people get butthurt because once in a blue moon someone gets a really nice titanforge on an item, or somewhat more commonly they actually get a piece of loot they can use (Most of the time myself and my guildies seem to get the same shit we have, or a piece of loot that's just vendor trash.) - and that's fine. They can just stay butthurt.
    I don't see the point in it, frankly. The random Diablo-esque system needs to die with this expansion. What was wrong with the loot distribution in Mists?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Yes, and the highest possible loot should come only from the most difficult content. The alternative just does not make ANY sense in an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just no. Hierarchy is a player contrived idea and ruins the game. Stop caring what other people have, jealousy is never, ever a good thing. Hierarchy is what keep asshatery alive and kicking.

Deleted
    No. Just no. Hierarchy is a player contrived idea and ruins the game. Stop caring what other people have, jealousy is never, ever a good thing. Hierarchy is what keep asshatery alive and kicking.
    In a true MMORPG this would not be the case. It is a necessary element to feel like an RPG

In a true MMORPG this would not be the case. It is a necessary element to feel like an RPG
    This is the very definition of a No True Scotsman logical fallacy. There is no "true MMORPG." There are no "necessary elements." There is your opinion. And while you're welcome to have it, don't try to lord it over people as if anybody who disagrees with it is questioning the very idea of what constitutes a MMORPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Make an alt, bring that alt only to bosses with very desirable items. Farm chests. You see the problem?

They should remove the chest alltogether. Make bonus rolls guaranteed loot drops, and remove all other sources of current raid gear. Chests, relinquished tokens etc. Those sources of current raid gear shouldn't be there. 925 arcano crystal is insane (from relinquished).
    Hf waiting 10+ Weeks for getting a Chance on the item u want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is the very definition of a No True Scotsman logical fallacy. There is no "true MMORPG." There are no "necessary elements." There is your opinion. And while you're welcome to have it, don't try to lord it over people as if anybody who disagrees with it is questioning the very idea of what constitutes a MMORPG.
    I hope sooner or later you will realize that trying to force facts and science and logical fallacy criteria upon elements of life that people have an emotional connection with is almost a crime (in before logical analysis how it is not a crime lol). It´s like philosophy used to be the father of all fields of study, now it is semioticians and scientists who think they can guide humanity. Does not mean they are better than others, in fact they are more desperately borrowing methods of investigation from philosophers and social theorists right now. If you think a positivistic attitude is the only one through which one can acquire truth, you are indoctrinated. Logical positivism FAILED back in the day, FYI. Have you any connection with epistemology even? If you want to start smartassing around at least don´t run the risk of ridiculing yourself.

I am pretty sure you understood what I meant - the game was different back then and an RPG used to be almost completely the opposite of what it is now. It is an MMORPG only by name where the element of ROLE-PLAYING (where status, hierarchy, time available to play, server communities, group forming etc mattered) has gone completely amiss. If you argue that the current WoW transcends the meaning of an RPG then I shall maniacally cackle at you. It is degenerate.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-04-25 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Careful, this irony is real Jealousy goes both ways

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Lmao, "disrespecting" other raiders. You want to have an issue with current loot in raids, look at heroic items that roll max ilvl, there's the real disrespect. Might aswell
    just farm heroic for titanforged stuff if you're in this game for the gear upgrades.
    Whenever I see a post like this I can only assume that the poster has never actually played WoW and only listens to players like Preach and Asmongold. I've been clearing Heroic since week one and on alts as well. I've seen MAYBE a handful of max level TFs in that time. Seen, not received. And that's on Heroic. The idea that max level titanforges just drop like candy is ludicrous. It's a rarity. It's so far from the norm it's hilarious and yet people whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Trolly troll troll
    Fixed that for you.

I voted yes, but it's not my problem to fix the problems you guys are coming up with. that's blizzards problem.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Whenever I see a post like this I can only assume that the poster has never actually played WoW and only listens to players like Preach and Asmongold. I've been clearing Heroic since week one and on alts as well. I've seen MAYBE a handful of max level TFs in that time. Seen, not received. And that's on Heroic. The idea that max level titanforges just drop like candy is ludicrous. It's a rarity. It's so far from the norm it's hilarious and yet people whine about it.
    I'm 9/10 mythic but nice assumption.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Never liked the boxes myself. I stopped raiding months ago after getting M Krosus down and it feels sorta silly that i can easily get loot from something like mythic Gul'dan if i just go kill Botanist/Trilliax in LFR. But on the other hand the boxes are really nice during progression for extra chances of good items.

Kinda 50/50 on the issue. If it was down to me i'd probably remove them completely.

What a bullshit complaint.

What happens every tier? You end up with 300% as much redundant loot off earlier bosses that goes straight to Vendor/DE and comparatively few and occasionally missing items off the last boss, no matter how long you farm.

The chests do even that out just a hair by being able to select drops from any boss. They're a positive thing.