Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Depends on your goals in the game. If you want to bring your alt in mythic raids or 20'ish m+ groups its quite unfriendly, if not the worst system ever since.
    With the BoA AK your alt can quickly unlock the new 7.2 traits with just a few WQ's. My alt only has 21 hours, 13 mins, and 36 seconds at level 110. I already have two of my artifacts (druid) at 36 and 37 traits. Its an alt I use for healing but I level at feral and unlocked the new traits for feral because I do WQ as feral. The gear isn't mythic raid or m+ but that is because I have only done lfr, heroics, and WQ for gear.

Since 7.2 (and with flying unlocked) alts are easy to catch up. No matter your goals. Obviously to be the "best" content will take a little longer to gear up but you won't really be a hindrance for current content and will easily be ready for Tomb Mythic if you prepare now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Look at all those catches. GG Jay.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    No definitely WoD...which is the one thing I miss from that xpac being able play multiple classes (atleast more than I could now).
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you don't get it ap is only important for those who want to use alts to raid above lfr, what make this xpack really alt unfriendly is the absolute low amount object that are account shared, for example the reps: the suramar one is not account bound this limit the use of the class hall set a ridiculous small thing that need an overblown requirement if you think it's for an alt.
    You can get higher item level gear from broken shore through nether shards. The only reason to have the class hall set is for transmog. The set bonus from them is not worth the lower item level (or the cost of upgrading those lower item levels set pieces to 840). Dauntless starts out at 850.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can get higher item level gear from broken shore through nether shards. The only reason to have the class hall set is for transmog. The set bonus from them is not worth the lower item level (or the cost of upgrading those lower item levels set pieces to 840). Dauntless starts out at 850.
    you can upgrade them to 870 when the wq on BS reward the appropriate token, that said not making the reps shared after so many months make no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

What I wonder is this Eleccy guy is your boyfriend or something? Or just man-in-arms on your crusade of the art of baiting?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'll reply anyway, because this topic pisses me off.

People have somehow gotten the impression that it's alt unfriendly if your alt isn't on par with your main 2 weeks after hitting maxlevel, including having 2 good/great legendaries.

Or that it's alt-unfriendly to actually have to repeat content on an alt without a 10x speed buff just because you've done it before on your main.

You eventually have to come to terms with the fact that you're not supposed to "cap" your characters every week anymore in order to stay at the front like in MoP or WoD where you could juggle 5 max levels without any real issue.

Things Blizzard should consider, if anything:
    -Acc-wide Artifact Knowledge, because at this point it's okay to swoosh through the first 34 and hit the 7.2 traits,
    -Bonus 50-100% Suramar Rep if you've finished the zone,
    -Remove the OH missions that sends you to fetch 5 quest items in order to get your third Relic slot.

But hey, it's very, very easy to forget what happens when the chores and the repeats are removed, WoD that was so alt-friendly and devoid of "things players don't want to do" you had fuck-all to do anyway. Had an alt pretty much get geared and ready to enter heroic HFC within 36 hours /played in 6.2... mostly by queueing from my little solitary Garrison. Bravo.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-04-27 at 05:32 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Cataclysm was the most alt friendly for me. Loved it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

How crazy is it? My newest alt outgears H Nighthold without ever raiding and only a handfull of M+. There's a vendor for 880 gear that WF and TF, a world boss dropping 900+... By the time I tanked an alt run for the guild, I'm already giving away most of my drops - in my first raid!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I hardly ever find time to play alts, there is too much to do on your main. WoD I spent about equal time on every character, because it wasn't anything to do. In other words - I had a lot more alt-time in WoD than I do in Legion. Also gearing in WoD was just as easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

When you stop to think about it... It is pretty alt friendly, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I wonder is this Eleccy guy is your boyfriend or something? Or just man-in-arms on your crusade of the art of baiting?
    Alt or tragic fan, it is embarrassing

15+ Year Old Account
    you can upgrade them to 870 when the wq on BS reward the appropriate token, that said not making the reps shared after so many months make no sense.
    Because its easy to get? I am honored on my alt with out doing any Suramaur quests except for the first intro from Dalaran. Not everything needs to be account wide for alts. Even 870 gear won't be to difficult for an alt to get and these upgrade tokens don't seem that common to begin with from Wowhead data.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Nah I just don't have any respect for those who attack someone consistently without reason. One sided harassment is sad and petulant at best no matter who the person is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-27 at 05:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    -Remove the OH missions that sends you to fetch 5 quest items in order to get your third Relic slot.
    Those missions for my alt only took 1 hour each. The only reason why it took long to get was because I didn't go check and forgot to use the app when I wasn't logged into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    you don't get it ap is only important for those who want to use alts to raid above lfr, what make this xpack really alt unfriendly is the absolute low amount object that are account shared, for example the reps: the suramar one is not account bound this limit the use of the class hall set a ridiculous small thing that need an overblown requirement if you think it's for an alt.
    Why do you need reps that are account wide? No other expansion had reps that were account wide. So you are comparing apples to oranges here.

Why do you need the class hall set the day your alt hits 110?

There should be some level of work required to get benefits for alt characters. Just because you leveled an alt to 110, doesn't mean you are entitled to everything your main has the day you hit 110.

depends on what aspect of the game you consider important for alts

Profession wise. no. Wod was far more (I'd even say to much) alt friendly profession wise

Leveling wise. given that you can change up your zone orders some, I'd say yes

Reputation wise. yes and no, while the tokens can help. and the way its setup doesn't feel as grindy as it has in the past at times, the gating and the rep gain rates feel really off to me

Artifact power, while tomes to buy artifact levels based on your mains level helped a lot. AP is horrible enough between specs little lone alts, but this aspect cant really be compared to previous expansions

overall I'd say in my opinion blizzard failed on the claim that it would be the most alt friendly expansion. but its far from the least alt friendly

I'd still call it the worst despite having been made alt-friendlier with 7.2. As much as I hate Cataclysm, it was the most friendliest for alts as your able to fly at the beginning and finish every zone really fast while you didn't have to worry about any gating. And you could still spam dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Absolutely not.

I'd say Cataclysm was more alt friendly honestly.
    I think you're 100% right.

By the time Dragon Soul hit the second you dinged 85 you could put on crafted PVP gear and get into LFR. It doesn't get any easier than that.

The 3 5 man dungeons that were released with DS between quest rewards and drops had you as geared as if you were doing Firelands for months.

You also didn't have to pay to train flying or alts.

There was no easier time to have any alt you wanted to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Things Blizzard should consider, if anything:
    -Acc-wide Artifact Knowledge, because at this point it's okay to swoosh through the first 34 and hit the 7.2 traits
    This is pretty much the case already. If you are keeping up with AK levels on your main, you can just buy a book that is 5 levels behind on your alts, and you can easily be 34 AP level on day one after doing some surmar quests.

-Bonus 50-100% Suramar Rep if you've finished the zone,
    Why though? Since all the quests are unlocked, you can just do them all one after another and complete the zone extremely fast now. Couple that with doing all the surmar world quests every day, should only take a week or two to hit exalted with Surmar as it is.

Again why? It takes about a week of doing these and other quests after hitting 110 to unlock the third relic. They made it much faster than it was at launch already.