Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem is drain soul never felt like it was a "filler" when running MG. It was 50% up time! A filler spell is something in your rotation you cast when there is nothing else to cast. Drain Soul was our main ability along with UA. The only dot you cared about was agony but only for the shard generation so you can cast more UA and drain them not the actual dmg. Corruption and sl were the real fillers in the mg sc build and were often a dps loss applying them LOL. As a dot spec suffering a dps loss when you waste 1 gcd applying 2 of your 3 main dots is HORRIBLE design.

I don't mind a channeled spell as a true filler like it was during EN with the wia se build. But I want our dots to have weight behind them. Not just be used as shard generation. Hopefully the nerfing of mg and buffing of our dots fixes that problem.
    Last edited by Locks4fun; 2017-04-27 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    It isn't 50%. it is up to 50%, which means that over the course of the entire execute phase, it averages 25%. Given that you get an add to proc value out of ToF on literally every fight this tier in mythic nighthold, it is incredibly safe to say that Twist is better.

As to shadowpriest vs warlock, you've got your head up your ass. Tuning for Tomb hasn't happened yet, so your prediction is factless. Further, Shadowpriest public logs outnumber ALL warlocks on m Gul'dan (and most of the other 19 bosses so far this expansion) prior to 7.2.
    If you had read my post properly you would have seen that I did mention if it was ramping. That said even averaged out, that is stronger than ours at single target. Also tuning is undergoing at the moment and shadow has yet to recieve any changes while warlock has gotten massive changes despite shadow being in a worse spot in 7.2 than warlock(although I suppose from blizzard's point of view the level that warlock was ahead of everyone else was more of an issue than the level that shadow was behind).

How the class performed prior to 7.2 doesn't really have any relevance at this point either although I do know why you had to point that out, as well as pick a specific fight, as otherwise your argument wouldn't really work seeing as right now warlocks sit at the top of nearly every boss while priests are at the opposite end on most bosses. Besides there is no point arguing over changes when the patch is already out, you want to do that before as when 7.2.5 launches that's most likely what we will be going into tomb with. I didn't do any prediction either, I simply stated that as things currently are looking, warlock fills every pretty much every niche outside of mass dispel that priest has, while being better at most other things.

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    These changes are horrid. The fact that most Afflocks couldn't figure out how to use Soul Effigy properly doesn't justify removing it and screwing up my talent choices. Now I have to choose between keeping Siphon Life and a sub30% HP passive execute that will obviously be mandatory for doing any gods damned damage in instances... WONDERFUL. So as a dot-based class, I'm being put BACK into the position of having to choose my dots over being able to actually DPS, and even that will be tied to mobs under 30% HP which means it will boost my overall damage far less than soul effigy did. Are they high?

I finally had Affliction in a place I enjoyed for the first time since TBC, and they go and pull this crap. I can't decide who annoys me more - blizzard, or all the people who play affliction so badly that blizzard needs to keep dumbing it down for them... e_e

Guess I'm glad I've been gearing up my restro/guard druid since I unlocked flight. It was fun while it lasted.....
    lol

"everyone but me is terrible"

lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Death's Embrace could be a placeholder.

Has a dev actually confirmed if it's indeed the replacement for Soul Effigy?

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Death's Embrace could be a placeholder.

Has a dev actually confirmed if it's indeed the replacement for Soul Effigy?
    It is different from the PvP version. So why should they change it if it's just a placeholder?

I don't see any reason for this.

I was playing my S-Priest and really enjoy Shadow Word: Death. I was hoping SE would have gotten replaced with some kind of finishing move, I mean, dealing more damage is good under 30% but I wanted to push a new button.

So i am guessing mobility is looking really good for warlocks?

Run Haunt, Contagion, Phantom Singularity, Burning Rush, Supremacy and either of the 110 talents

The issue I have with it is that losing SE slows it all down as shard generation being cut down by 50% or 40% if you go SC. Losing the set bonus cuts it even farther.

We might end up running NH for titanforges untill next tier or fixes are made.

Deleted
    they should have not remove Soul effigy but redesign it

the idea beyond soul effigy was great: affli is a dot/multi spec, with soul efigy, you'll never have less than 1 target: great idea

but it was too hard to use

if soul effigy worked like this !" instant, transfer 100% damage to the closest target in 100 yards" and a spec tuned to be always at least 2+ target
    you'd have something good, easy to use, and a good QOL

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    lol

"everyone but me is terrible"

lol
    But he has a point, right?

Deleted
    I'm honestly fine if these changes go through, the new talent actually seems a bit too strong at 50%, one thing I'm annoyed about is Phantom Singularity as a spell even existing I'm sure it's use if you looked at Warcraft logs it will almost never be used and now they are putting it on the same row as Sow the Seeds there is just 0 chance it will be used against Sow they should get rid of it and make something new.

Instead of a flat dmg increase, I suggest to make Siphon Life (old lvl 60 talent version) and Soul Harvest baseline.
    Instead of Soul Harvest make a AoE talent "Pulsing Affliction" which makes UA deal X(10%) of it's dmg to enemies in a 8ft radius. (so 3 choises for AoE)
    Instead of Siphon life (lvl100 t) make a talent Siphon Soul, which gives you up to 5 Soul Shards, with a X(3 min) cooldown.
    Rework Soul Effigy: Make it a 1 min debuff (instant/X(3) charges/X(30) sec recharge) on the target which makes Soul Shard generating abilities have double their chance.

So lvl 100 tier is all Soulshard related.

Both those set bonuses are gonna be crazy good for Mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    I'm sorry to pop your bubble but there was an unanimous claim toward channeled filler - wether I speak in plural or not.
    lol @ unanimous. thats crazy cause I was never asked to vote on that, and I don't remember anyone complaining about it at all, and for sure nowhere near as much as people complain/hate drainlocks.

Remove MG, give back DS executing with Shadowbolt. Adjust 100 talents around it. Maybe one talent gives a nightfall proc and the other options give something more 2T, 3T or more based (anyone ever heard of wreak havoc?). If I can think of crappy options in a matter of seconds, there is no reason blizz devs cant come up with something good. Or at least not worse that it already is.
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2017-04-28 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Still with that? Maaan leave me sleep. But I agree on one thing: Nightfall proccs were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post
    I was playing my S-Priest and really enjoy Shadow Word: Death. I was hoping SE would have gotten replaced with some kind of finishing move, I mean, dealing more damage is good under 30% but I wanted to push a new button.
    Another MMO gave its dot spec a powerful, short duration dot that was only available to use on targets under 50% health. It made the rotation a bit more hectic in the execute phase, but felt wonderfully rewarding. I miss having something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping they would make an entirely new talent with a nice spell visual. Figured we'd get some copy pasta left overs.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    I'm also missing Nightfall, the effect overall felt good and exciting, something to spice up a mundane rotation abit.
    Would be cool if they could reintroduce the effect. Give corruption a 5% chance to make your next Drain Soul an instant cast bolt to fire at the target. The actual spell effect could simply the effect of Drain Soul introduced as a DoT effect onto the target. Multipile applications of this procc should also be able to be used on the target.

Shadowbolt+Nightfall back = more RNG, more DMG loss due to RNG movement, more crap overall.

That's what the game and spec needs.... not.

The new bonuses and talents are awesome for m+.