Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So?
    Lets get rid of the plot in favor of something better. (And they should do better) I mean the complaint is the shitty writing anyway.
    Keep Thor as the manly god he's always been, and promote Sif to where she has always belonged; at his side, instead of unseen and unheard. (If they want to promote "equality" then she should get equal billing somehow) And we get an original character to boot.

It's a win/win scenario...assuming they've the talent to write a good story.
    I don't think it would be a promotion for Sif to become Thor's sidekick, and it would be against her character if she joined Odinson as a protector of earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Except no one who has read it has complained about the writing.
    That's the general complaint against Marvel as a whole.
    Or do you agree with Marvel's PR when they said "diversity" was the reason why sales suck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't think it would be a promotion for Sif to become Thor's sidekick, and it would be against her character if she joined Odinson as a protector of earth.
    Well I don't buy the "Odinson" crap...that reflects back to the problem at hand.
    And Sif used to be a regular in the comic book...even buddied up with Beta-Ray Bill for a bit.

That's the general complaint against Marvel as a whole.
    Or do you agree with Marvel's PR when they said "diversity" was the reason why sales suck?
    No, the general complaint is that Marvel keeps doing events and relaunching. Do you even pay attention to what we're discussing in here?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

No, the general complaint is that Marvel keeps doing events and relaunching. Do you even pay attention to what we're discussing in here?
    I think the aggresive approach to diversifying their core characters does have something to do with the recent sales slump along WITH the events and relaunching.

Plus there are other issues, including their aggressive sales strategy with the more popular titles now on a bi-weekly publishing schedule. This puts a huge strain on the artists and we end up with the current climate where artists take turns drawing a title or, even worse, several artists having to share the load and do a handful of pages per issue to keep the schedule going. While a lot of readers may not see this as a problem I think a lot do, especially the older comic book reader. Its comparable to watching the first half of, say, a GoT episode then returning after the break to find different actors playing the parts, the camera work has gone from static camera shots to a shakey, hand held cam technique and everyone is wearing a slightly different costume. Its jarring and lacks, and some may find this pompus, artistic integrity.

There are obvious exceptions, The Vison maxi-series from last year (?) was awesome and is a good example of Marvel giving the creators room to tell a story without the pressure of the events/publishing schedule destroying the vision (pun intended) they had.

The Comics Explained guy on youtube explained it well in my opinion. Basically whenever there is change people will bitch, #1 issues will do awesome, it will go downhill form there, and the best way is to just make new characters and have them debut alongside existing characters instead of replacing them.

Well I don't buy the "Odinson" crap...that reflects back to the problem at hand.
    And Sif used to be a regular in the comic book...even buddied up with Beta-Ray Bill for a bit.
    Yeah, and one of the things they established in the comics is Sif doesn't like Midgard that much. She wouldn't fit well into a story about a protector of Earth who is also a human with human problems.

Sif the cosmic adventurer? Fine. Sif the warrior of Asgard? Brilliant. If your miffed that Sif hasn't been appearing in that role much I suggest.you direct your ire more towards Angela than Jane Foster.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2017-04-28 at 05:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess Marvel just doesn't care if their long-time audience sticks around, or buys as many books as they used to. My Marvel pull list continues to shrink. All of their stunt-casting and PC/SJW garbage has turned me off in a huge way. Hopefully (for their sake) they can pull in a new audience to replace those who drop books in disgust.

Yes, comics have nearly always had sociopolitical subtext. Key word: subtext.

Anyone who preaches at me (in a church, on the streetcorner, or in escapist entertainment like a comic book) gets ignored.

DC seems to have the balance about right. Nightwing, Detective Comics, Batman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman & the Outsid ... sorry "Justice League of America" ( ) , both Green Lantern books, Flash: all good stuff, and I don't ever feel like I've been preached at after I read them.

Marvel? I really like Punisher right now, Old Man Logan, just read the first Weapon X (very good). I attribute Marvel's obsession right now with virtue signalling to 2 people: the Craptastic Duo, Bendis and Quesada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    All writing is political, and it should be. The real value of fiction is how it can show us things about the real world from another angle or in another light.
    No thanks. I can read the latest Noam Chomsky rambling if I want that. Escapist entertainment has its place.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-04-28 at 06:10 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Angela is wasted...pretty badly.

But then there wouldn't be the whole plot with Odin being royally pissed off about the whole thing and Odinson trying to figure out who it is. It allows you to explore existing characters in different ways that you couldn't do simply by promoting Sif to a monthly title.
    Out of curiosity, why was it a mystery? I mean, I can see how it's a mystery for the readers, though not sure how that paid off. But, did they justify why she didn't just tell Thor? The "secret" also seems off to me, but it is what it is.

I think the real problem with Sif (other than they never really show anyone buy Thor at full power), is that she really doesn't have any of the flaws needed to make her more well rounded. It still seems silly to me that they wanted to advertise a female Thor when the Norse Goddess of War is like... right there.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Out of curiosity, why was it a mystery?
    I think it was out of concern for her own well-being (i.e. she was particularly vulnerable when she wasn't Thor); considering Odin's reaction to the whole scenario, it's probably a good idea she kept it secret. It's been a little while since I read it, so I don't remember if a reason was given as to why she didn't want to tell Odinson. I'll check later if I have a chance.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Plus there are other issues, including their aggressive sales strategy with the more popular titles now on a bi-weekly publishing schedule. This puts a huge strain on the artists and we end up with the current climate where artists take turns drawing a title or, even worse, several artists having to share the load and do a handful of pages per issue to keep the schedule going. While a lot of readers may not see this as a problem I think a lot do, especially the older comic book reader. Its comparable to watching the first half of, say, a GoT episode then returning after the break to find different actors playing the parts, the camera work has gone from static camera shots to a shakey, hand held cam technique and everyone is wearing a slightly different costume. Its jarring and lacks, and some may find this pompus, artistic integrity.
    I didn't notice it on this site, but they just fired an artist for inserting some anti-semitic images. The articles I see mention he's Indonesian, but not whether he's actually located here in the USA or overseas. I wonder how extensively Marvel shops out their drawing and stuff to overseas to keep up their pace.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...c-controversy/

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was out of concern for her own well-being (i.e. she was particularly vulnerable when she wasn't Thor); considering Odin's reaction to the whole scenario, it's probably a good idea she kept it secret. It's been a little while since I read it, so I don't remember if a reason was given as to why she didn't want to tell Odinson. I'll check later if I have a chance.
    Thanks, just curious. [spoiler] Not reading the stuff myself, was Jane Foster not really a part of the Thor series anymore before this? Or was she always around and now she got the Power Of Thorness.[/quote]
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I haven't read the preceding comics yet (just got a Marvel Unlimited Sub again and am trying to catch up) so I'm not sure what was going on with Jane before she got the hammer, or whether it was even in the comics that she had cancer.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read the preceding comics yet (just got a Marvel Unlimited Sub again and am trying to catch up) so I'm not sure what was going on with Jane before she got the hammer, or whether it was even in the comics that she had cancer.
    I've been trying to avoid talking about this too, but I just realized today that she has been Thor for like 2 years now. I'm going to just start referring to Thor as Jane. Sorry for anyone who wanted to read it, but I think 2 years is a safe time. So, with that being said...

Jane was diagnosed with cancer in Thor: God of Thunder #12 in 2013. From the wiki:
    Foster is later diagnosed with breast cancer,[22] and accepts an invitation from Thor to represent Midgard in the Congress of the Worlds on Asgard while she undergoes therapy but refuses all magical treatments
    Then Original Sin happened, which is what set us on the path to Jane wielding the hammer. In fact, it shows her picking it up immediately after Thor becomes unworthy I think. Been a while since I read OS. The thing that is most interesting about her story is that her choice to wield Mjolnir is actually killing her more because it doesn't heal cancer (due to it seeming like natural cellular generation) but does cure her of chemo. So in essence, every time she becomes Thor before her chemo has had a chance to really 'work' is letting her cancer spread.

There's basically no way she can live at this point unless she never stops wielding Mjolnir or they deus ex her with magic. Plenty of mechanisms for that, like Doctor Strange, but magic basically just died in this universe and is only slowly coming back. With that reference, you really should go read ALL of the new Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch books that have come out in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-04-29 at 12:00 AM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Sif the cosmic adventurer? Fine. Sif the warrior of Asgard? Brilliant. If your miffed that Sif hasn't been appearing in that role much I suggest.you direct your ire more towards Angela than Jane Foster.
    I'm kinda hoping that in Generations Odinson is going to be handling the Cosmic threats while Thor handles the more terestrial ones. IF this happens I'd love to see Sif and the Warriors Three join him on his travels, at least from time to time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Spoiler for the secret empire free comic book.
    Again spoilers , you have been warned.
    Steve Rogers can lift mjolnir

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Spoiler for the secret empire free comic book.
    Again spoilers , you have been warned.
    Steve Rogers can lift mjolnir
    no shit Sherlock

we all know he can.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    no shit Sherlock

we all know he can.
    It's just surprising he can do it as hydra Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's just surprising he can do it as hydra Cap
    Well if his change is due to a cosmic cube and mjolnir is magic maybe it knows that Steve Rogers himself is still worthy even if his mind/history has been altered
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Well if his change is due to a cosmic cube and mjolnir is magic maybe it knows that Steve Rogers himself is still worthy even if his mind/history has been altered
    Its revealed that this is the Steve Rogers free of his mind/history being altered. The Allies were losing WWII and used a cosmic cube to rewrite history. Kobik restored the real Steve Rogers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its revealed that this is the Steve Rogers free of his mind/history being altered. The Allies were losing WWII and used a cosmic cube to rewrite history. Kobik restored the real Steve Rogers
    Except, I think it's more complex than that: Because that "Memory" was from the world where Steve has been a HYDRA agent since the start... So it's totally possible that Kobik planted that "Memory" in his mind, in case any of his friends were like "Steve, chill! Your history has been rewritten by the Cosmic Cube!" If (or should be say, when) that happens, Steve will just think it's them remembering the "False" history the allies created to win WWII, and he'll go on as he has.

Gods I hate all these false memory stuff... you can never tell what is and isn't true.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30