Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    its not really group content when your group hopping and stay in party for less than 2 min without saying anything in chat
    I guess we should dump LFG and LFR too then. Because I have done plenty of those where nobody says a damn thing. You zone in and blitz through the place and leave.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The bottom line is that you are a pretty poor player if you need to group for any of the world quests.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    You can't finish a heroic by yourself because you need other people, right?
    I mean... technically... you can finish it by yourself depending on class.

Couldn't resist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Same way being put with 4 strangers you'll never see again aka LFD makes people not even bother say "hi" anymore, yes. WoW has removed nearly all forms of "necessary interaction" with other players and it's easy to spot what this has resulted in, if you have an eye for it. It's not one singular change that has ruined the social aspect of WoW and turned it into an open world ARPG where actually interacting with other players is optional until you want to raid on a schedule.

I don't. But since this is an MMORPG, asking people to not ruin their own experience in order to progress faster is a tall order. Same stupid argument as flying versus ground mounts. Oh yeah, it sure is technically possible to choose to go by ground even when you can fly, but literally no one is willing to gimp themselves. This is apparent everywhere.. like in the Everbloom dungeon where people got pissed off whenever someone didn't know how to skip a few packs of trash. Fuckers wasting time!!!!1

Uh, how do you know this, exactly?
    Lets see

7.2 Released end of march.

WQGF 2,747,822 Total Downloads

0.23 Beta 7.2.0 - 55,100 8 hours ago
    0.22.6 Beta 7.2.0 - 75,534 1 day ago
    0.22.5 Beta 7.2.0 - 136,292 5 days ago
    0.22.4 Beta 7.2.0 - 87,417 Apr 22, 2017
    0.22.3 Beta 7.2.0 - 34,505 Apr 22, 2017
    0.22.2 Beta 7.2.0 - 77,704 Apr 21, 2017
    0.22.1 Beta 7.2.0 - 237,954 Mar 31, 2017

Unless I screwed up with it being late and I am tired that is a grand total of 704,506 Downloads since 7.2 Hit and even then we had to wait a week for the invasions so you can knock that 237,954 off of that so that is ~466k downloads after invasions hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    The bottom line is that you are a pretty poor player if you need to group for any of the world quests.
    Nobody said anything about NEEDING it just made it a million times better due to overcrowding / faction tagging (Which seriously needs to be removed).

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Kick other people from random groups, no matter what reason you have. You are toxic. Or just don't use this shit. LFD/LFR are all toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9866679#post-6
    I clearly can't see why kicking somebody who is afk on a flying mount getting credit for what other people are doing is toxic.. for me, the toxic person is the one not contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yeah thats why people do it

/s

- - - Updated - - -

the addon is now updated and fixed. It's more manual now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing is seeing all the people who used it to go AFK get really mad.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is toxic when you kick other people from a random group.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9866679?page=1
    Read Horrigan's trolling, you will understand.
    Toxic to kick people?
    Does it make me a toxic player when i kick afkers?
    Are YOU that afking leecher that i kick every so often?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'm so glad you used two smilies???!!!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Updated version is up on Curse now (0.24)

Not as automated as before, but still better/faster than the default group finder

Quote Originally Posted by Couleurs View Post
    Updated version is up on Curse now (0.24)

Not as automated as before, but still better/faster than the default group finder
    seems to work fine, fly into the area, click the button a few times and then accept a group that accepts if there is a group or 1 more time if there isn't to create a group.
    Last edited by BigAssBoy; 2017-04-29 at 05:24 AM.

1. Kicking people across the map who are not contributing is a good thing.

2. Who Cares
    3. Outright BS, Ive been put on PVP and PVE server by it.
    4. Who cares, it worked.
    5. It was much more convenient.
    6. It uses a whopping 1.8mb of memory when I looked, update your potato you scrub.
    7. Who cares, you can work it out, and once you do you're not reading anything.

It's dead now yeah, but your arguments against it are fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    1. Kicking people across the map who are not contributing is a good thing.

2. Who Cares
    3. Outright BS, Ive been put on PVP and PVE server by it.
    4. Who cares, it worked.
    5. It was much more convenient.
    6. It uses a whopping 1.8mb of memory when I looked, update your potato you scrub.
    7. Who cares, you can work it out, and once you do you're not reading anything.

It's dead now yeah, but your arguments against it are fucking stupid.
    The addon isn't dead, just not as automatic now after the update

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Auto-grouping addons are a good example of when too much convenience becomes detrimental to the overall experience. Just another chip removed from the near-dead social aspect of the game.
    I did not like the auto-grouping spamming concept and I'm surprised that Blizzard didn't kill those addons years ago.

Having to click once or twice per grouping attempt should have always been a minimal requirement.

Yeah, I experienced 300ms ping in WOD locations two days ago. Dunno, if it was real problem or this problem was fabricated by Blizzard to justify changes to WQGF addon, but I had never experienced any problems before that day, so may be it was some sudden problem, such as DDOS attack using this addon.

I've never used this addon, so initially I thought, that it was some cheating addon, like RealHop, so my initial position was - yeah, of course this addon should have been disabled.

But then I read some comments and realized, that this addon was providing automatic grouping with other players, as you were entering WQ zone. And I realized that WQ SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING LIKE THAT RIGHT FROM THE START. Simply because manual grouping - is obsolete and outdated tech. All other MMOs in a world already use automatic/implicit grouping for outdoor content. And only Wow still use 12 years old "if you don't press freakin button - then you're solo player" completely obsoleted tech.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've never used this addon, so initially I thought, that it was some cheating addon, like RealHop, so my initial position was - yeah, of course this addon should have been disabled.

But then I read some comments and realized, that this addon was providing automatic grouping with other players, as you were entering WQ zone. And I realized that WQ SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING LIKE THAT RIGHT FROM THE START. Simply because manual grouping - is obsolete and outdated tech. All other MMOs in a world already use automatic/implicit grouping for outdoor content. And only Wow still use 12 years old "if you don't press freakin button - then you're solo player" completely obsoleted tech.
    There has been behind-the-scenes quasi-grouping since the prepatch for MoP, and now we have vastly improved loot rules for ungrouped players which is another step forward. I think the best approach is to continue making the de facto groups of players who come into a zone solo behave more like explicit groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    There has been behind-the-scenes quasi-grouping since the prepatch for MoP, and now we have vastly improved loot rules for ungrouped players which is another step forward. I think the best approach is to continue making the de facto groups of players who come into a zone solo behave more like explicit groups.
    All other MMOs have been doing it for a long time already. GW2, Firefall, etc. You just come to quest zone and do quest. Other players aren't your enemies till some moment, when some artificial "Join group" button won't be pressed - they're your friends by default. Wow - is the only MMO left, where you can compete with players from your own faction.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Lets see

7.2 Released end of march.

WQGF 2,747,822 Total Downloads

0.23 Beta 7.2.0 - 55,100 8 hours ago
    0.22.6 Beta 7.2.0 - 75,534 1 day ago
    0.22.5 Beta 7.2.0 - 136,292 5 days ago
    0.22.4 Beta 7.2.0 - 87,417 Apr 22, 2017
    0.22.3 Beta 7.2.0 - 34,505 Apr 22, 2017
    0.22.2 Beta 7.2.0 - 77,704 Apr 21, 2017
    0.22.1 Beta 7.2.0 - 237,954 Mar 31, 2017

Unless I screwed up with it being late and I am tired that is a grand total of 704,506 Downloads since 7.2 Hit and even then we had to wait a week for the invasions so you can knock that 237,954 off of that so that is ~466k downloads after invasions hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody said anything about NEEDING it just made it a million times better due to overcrowding / faction tagging (Which seriously needs to be removed).
    faction tagging does not need to be removed. but the way that some horde players can faction tag even after you have taken a considerable amount of healt from mobs you had been damaging before them does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's not the bottom line. It's just your ignorant opinion of players.
    name one world quest that was not designed to be done by a competent player alone. I will return a video of it being soloed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Toxic to kick people?
    Does it make me a toxic player when i kick afkers?
    Are YOU that afking leecher that i kick every so often?
    That is what the wow comunity has come to. If there is not a way for something to be done with little or no effort at all the rain starts.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    WQGF is working again

BTW OP people server hopping use a different addon and people still AFK over WQs without WQGF, infact WQGF made it harder to server hop and AFK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The ability to be able to solo them yourself wasn't the point. People didn't need the addon for that. It just made things easier, quicker and more convenient.

Also, to answer your question, World Bosses aren't soloable, which are WQ's.
    There's also the elite WQs that were obviously designed to group