Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Playing my Warrior predominantly for the first time since WotlK, Fury specifically. Hadn't really enjoyed my Warrior much since WotlK and armour penetration at the end of ICC. It feels infinitely better to me than it did in MoP and WoD. While simplistic, it's fast paced and has some glorious animations. My second main/s, and toons I focused on primarily after Wrath were my Frost DK and Ret Pala, both of which I have a lot of fun with in Legion now. I didn't like the Frostscythe build but when BoS become viable I found it much more enjoyable. As for Ret, I'll never forgive them for removing Hammer of Wrath, such an iconic spell. But it's a lot of fun once you've got a bit of gear. As others have said, inquisition was horrific in MoP, as was our over reliance on burst windows to keep up with AW and GoAK.
    I remember you... In the mountains

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Demon Hunter... I guess existing is better than not existing, eh?

But my secondary character is the ret pala I mained in MoP. Legion's iteration of the retribution paladin SUCKS. We're basically a rip-off of arms warrior with a bit of healing.

MoP's 5.4 ret paladin (After they buffed inquisition's duration to... one minute I think it was?) was vastly superior.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-04-29 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo warlock.

As to Legion iteration of Demo being better than MoP version:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

I cry everytime anyone reminds me of what I've lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since the launch of Legion I main an orc enhancement shaman. Does he feel better than in MoP? Fuck yes he does. Enhancement shamans are the one class change I actually really like. One thing I wish they'd bring back though is the use of totems. I miss throwing them out and getting buffed from them and having my trusty Searing Totem sidekick shooting at my enemies. Was really fun.

sub rogue : dont like the changes feels boring as fuck the rotation...

combat rogue: no thanks i dont like this keep rolling rolling rolling ...

blood dk : hell no made me reroll to an other tank , i used to be main tank on my blood dk for years but this was just too much for me :/

Mistweaver Monk: I'd say it's better mechanically (uplift spam was boring) now, but I do really miss fistweaving for actual damage and healing.

Feral

No.

They aren't even following their intended plan for it, and flat out said difficulty won't mean more damage

So what the hell is the point.

mage

no, boring as hell now, pruned to death

Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    While simplistic ... it has some glorious animations
    add some mention of rng on top of rng on top of rng and you have Legion in a nutshell
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-04-29 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main class/spec is Arms Warrior, and it feels roughly about where it was in MoP as far as gameplay--which is night-and-day from the absolute pile of horse shit it turned into in WoD (spent most of what time I was subbed to WoD in Gladiator stance). A few specifics are different, but overall Arms feels like it's in a good place gameplay-wise. Numerically, it still feels a little too high on the high end.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Simple question

I played warrior for 4 expansions and the legion changes made me change mains. So simple question, what do you play and is it more fun than 4 years ago?
    Played ele throughout Cata and MoP. Enjoyed it a lot. Peak of ele for me was SoO though. Probably the most fun I've had playing any class at any given time in WoW (little bias due to gearing though. Had over 100% mastery, 40-45% haste).

Shaman - fuck no. WoD+Legion made it so fucking boring, although it feels the same with other classes (got all to max in WoD). MoP, on the other hand, was amazing. Loved it back then, still miss it.

Also, the answers are bound to be biased to an extent - chances are that a lot of those who despised the changes have quit while those who enjoy class-changes and pruning keep on playing.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-04-29 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Assassination rogue, it's a bit worse than MoP. We got kingsbane but we lost dispatch and i REALLY loved that ability. We are also "forced" to use agonizing poison which i hate, and bag of tricks proc is totally unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    You're an idiot pure and simple. You seem to go into arguments over nothing. You're nothing but a waste of space you useless asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Because he's a retard.
    You could just, you know, reply in a more or less civil manner. But insults will do just as fine, I guess.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Maining an Assassination rogue, play style is pretty good. Having all our major cd's being single target debuffs kinda sucks since we are terrible at swapping targets. Also if you're looking to rank on Warcraft logs knowing whether you rank 60% or 90% depends on rng proc's is really frustrating.

Death knight main and no. The simplification of the rune system is a turn off. The frost mechanics still being in play, the unholy change not panning out to being that enjoyable and blood is overall boring. Bring me back to wotlk when the spec was fast paced but you also had to know how to manage runes that started regenerating after using them. Pretty sure this will be my last expansion if dks aren't actually fixed in many ways for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But my secondary character is the ret pala I mained in MoP. Legion's iteration of the retribution paladin SUCKS. We're basically a rip-off of arms warrior with a bit of healing.
    "Rip-off of arms warrior"
    TFW no big aoe CD like bladestorm
    TFW no insane short term buffs like Battle Cry
    TFW no RNG aside from 4 set and Fires of Justice, which are both super trivial
    TFW no mobility
    TFW defensive and utility abilities

They're similar in that they're melee dps based around windows of power. If that makes them a "rip-off of arms," then so is marksman hunter.

Also if you think Legion Ret sucks you clearly havn't played Ret at all, this is the best iteration literally ever. All of the problems that plagued Ret in the past are gone, the only new problem we've seen is that Ret was so strong at NH launch that it got nerfed a bunch and has no mobility, which is fine cuz neither do DKs and they're just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    "Rip-off of arms warrior"
    TFW no big aoe CD like bladestorm
    TFW no insane short term buffs like Battle Cry
    TFW no RNG aside from 4 set and Fires of Justice, which are both super trivial
    TFW no mobility
    TFW defensive and utility abilities

They're similar in that they're melee dps based around windows of power. If that makes them a "rip-off of arms," then so is marksman hunter.

Also if you think Legion Ret sucks you clearly havn't played Ret at all, this is the best iteration literally ever. All of the problems that plagued Ret in the past are gone, the only new problem we've seen is that Ret was so strong at NH launch that it got nerfed a bunch and has no mobility, which is fine cuz neither do DKs and they're just fine.
    What are people smoking to possibly think that this iteration of ret is anywhere near fun, interesting or all around good?

I've mained ret since MoP and had it as a secondary main for all of cata. This is by far the worst version since I started playing.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-04-29 at 07:06 PM.

Speaking from a pvp perspective, I've pretty much played a Shadow Priest and Hunter. I despised and outright hated the Legion Shadow Priest and Hunter changes that I abandoned both classes. Very quickly, I learned that every single class feels like something is either missing or lacking in pvp. When they gave Hunters their traps back I revisited the class and gave Shadow Priest a fair shot as well.

While I love the new animations for Hunters, I'd still have to sign off on MOP Hunters, they were very strong in MOP (borderline OP even after the nerfs) and very dominant.

A MOP Shadow Priest was also significantly better, however; Mop Shadow Priests had major major major mana issues. So a MOP Shadow Priest was like having Ferrari with the gas tank always pinned on empty. Believe it or not, I'd immediately sign off on a WOD Shadow Priest over MOP (cause of the mana issues) and over Legion.

Demon Hunter definitely feels better than MoP.

All jokes aside, I played a Warlock in MoP and WoD -- Destro/Add -- and I started playing a DH in beta because I absolutely hated the end-of-expansion patch changes at the end of WoD. *Hated* them. I loved MoP Warlock, a lot.

Frost DK and yes. I miss 2h Frost a bit but Legion changed Killing Machine to basically adapt the 2h rotation into dualwield with more Obliterates / Rime procs. It plays super smooth and has very little downtime which is a must for me in melee.

The addition of Breath of Sindragosa last expansion and its refinement in Legion adds a new depth of play. I am quite happy they made that talent viable for frost (unlike in WoD where Frost was the only spec that lacked viability with BoS, despite obvious fantasy meshing).

I wish utility wasn't trimmed so badly but honestly all I miss is Dark Simulacrum because of it was interesting and felt rewarding to use well.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-04-29 at 09:17 PM.