Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeah I realize now...

- - - Updated - - -

one thing i could see happening...

lets say your guild group 3 chests a key and it turns into a +16 cathedral of eternal night. I know my guildies and I would rather go fishing for an hour than do that place..

So i start the key +16 and immediately leave to bring the level down by one until i get a key we want to run?

Deleted
    how about:

new m+ meta for geared guild only groups goes like this..

run +15 within timer collect 3pcs of loot
    deplete key
    deplete key
    deplete key

funzies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    yeah I realize now...

- - - Updated - - -

lets say your guild group 3 chests a key and it turns into a +16 cathedral of eternal night. I know my guildies and I would rather go fishing for an hour than do that place..

So i start the key +16 and immediately leave to bring the level down by one until i get a key we want to run?
    you will have to do cathedral at some point but you can just deplete it down to the level you're comfortable with

yeah I realize now...

- - - Updated - - -

"If you don’t complete the dungeon at all, you’ll have a Keystone for the same dungeon that’s one level lower than the one you just used."

Seriously dude, read the post.

Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn View Post
    How do you get less loot? Are you thinking straight? Do you get more than 1 piece of loot from 3 chests?
    It's two pieces for the group not for each player. Two pieces for the group if you dont clear it, three for the group if you do clear it on time. It's less loot.

Deleted
    Can you tell me whats the second piece of loot? I just did a +5 with 3 chests. I got one fricking ring, one chest had only gold. Are you all crazy? Whats the second piece of loot? Tell me...
    It's for the group, not for you.

yeah I realize now...

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't work that way.

You must complete the +16 (without beating the timer) to get a lower key.

If you immediately leave, your key remains unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    Doesn't work that way.

You must complete the +16 (without beating the timer) to get a lower key.

If you immediately leave, your key remains unchanged.
    If you fail your key, without completing it, it does go down 1 level (of the same dungeon). So you can drop it to a level you're comfortable doing of that dungeon.

I can't wait to deplete keys to 15 seeing as that will be the new max ilvl reward

Typical Scenrio -

Get 5 skilled players together.

Clear keys until you get a +15. Clear that in time to get 3 pieces of loot.

Get your new 16-18 key. Go to that dungeon, insert key, reset instance, insert key, reset instance, insert key, reset instance.

Run the 15 in time for 3 pieces of loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good changes overall

Hmm is the loot personal 2-3 items per person

as someone who does +10-12 carries with 4/5 guildies and a pug key new changes suck.

reducing change at lego by 2/3 (really the only reason other than AP we do carries)

For us time is the commodity. The way these changes are, we will likely stop carrying pug keys and almost exclusively do 5/5 player guild keys. Which is a big blow to the casual players who look for these carries each week for the weekly chest.
    I'm sure Blizzard never intended for "carries" to become so prevalent in the Mythic+ system so far.

"Casual" players having their keys carried every week has two glaring downsides:

- RNG plays a big factor on player progression - those with desirable keys luck out, whilst the unlucky ones will not complete a level they desire for that week.
    - Reliance on 'carries' breeds laziness and extends the skill gap between top caliber players with the "casuals". The system is clearly designed so that players should gradually do harder dungeons as their skill/gear improves, but the prevalence of carries means that the "casuals" simply seeks the easy method of getting geared up without a parallel increase in their skill level.

Of course, adding a financial incentive would still attract carriers and this will bring M+ in line with how raid carries currently work, which is absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Good changes overall
    Because nerfing loot drops that weren't that amazing to begin with is ALWAYS a good change....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    No, that would be too much loot blizz would never do that, its 2-3 items per chest

Can you tell me whats the second piece of loot? I just did a +5 with 3 chests. I got one fricking ring, one chest had only gold. Are you all crazy? Whats the second piece of loot? Tell me...
    They went to other people. You are not guaranteed a single item in m+ and that will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard never intended for "carries" to become so prevalent in the Mythic+ system so far.

"Casual" players having their keys carried every week has two glaring downsides:

- RNG plays a big factor on player progression - those with desirable keys luck out, whilst the unlucky ones will not complete a level they desire for that week.
    - Reliance on 'carries' breeds laziness and extends the skill gap between top caliber players with the "casuals". The system is clearly designed so that players should gradually do harder dungeons as their skill/gear improves, but the prevalence of carries means that the "casuals" simply seeks the easy method of getting geared up without a parallel increase in their skill level.

Of course, adding a financial incentive would still attract carriers and this will bring M+ in line with how raid carries currently work, which is absolutely fine.
    Regardless of blizzard's thoughts about carries ("i.e. they probably couldn't give a shit") hurting the casual playerbase which is the majority of their income from wow is not a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Most likely the group gets 2-3 pieces

Will probably get rid of people wanting 915 for +10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Will probably get rid of people wanting 915 for +10s.
    It won't, people want 900+ and aotc for norm NH, its not about the loot that drops, its about the ease of getting done.

Deleted
    as someone who does +10-12 carries with 4/5 guildies and a pug key new changes suck.

reducing change at lego by 2/3 (really the only reason other than AP we do carries)

For us time is the commodity. The way these changes are, we will likely stop carrying pug keys and almost exclusively do 5/5 player guild keys. Which is a big blow to the casual players who look for these carries each week for the weekly chest.
    Good. That way the lower geared people can do low level keys together, carry their own weight, aim to just finish in time instead of having an incentive to get carried to 3-chest, and earn their reward - instead of getting carried to it.

Much better situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't, people want 900+ and aotc for norm NH, its not about the loot that drops, its about the ease of getting done.
    yes if anything, the nerfs to the amount of loot dropping will make people set even higher requirements to ensure the run is as fast as possible.