Thread: "Pay to Win"

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not pay to win at all. If you could buy gear from the cash shop that was better then the current mythic raid could offer. that would be what pay to win is. i took a break from wow and played mobile games for awhile specificaly Lords Mobile. If you want to see what pay to win is. look at that game. the best heros are from their cash shop and to max out to the best version of their heros you have to spend $500+ per paid character to max it out. research times are absurd. it would take probably 3 to 4 years for the average player to reach tier 4 troops to attack other players and actually be strong. dumping thousands in gems to get that and be ahead of everyone. most people quit once they hit 20 Million might tier 4 is generaly around 100m to 150m mark and the top player has over 400 billion might. Damn Bren chong...

Deleted
    of course wow is pay to win.

you can officially buy gold (that you can buy lots of power with) and level boosts. if you spent more money on wow, you will win more. it's the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I hope you understand that you pretty much made his day here.
    This is why he makes his posts.
    It doesn't matter. In 10 years he will look back and realize what a fucking joke he is and probably kill himself. He can win now all he wants in the end he will likely be some fat fuck with a fat wife who supports him via SSI checks and fucking blow his brains out at some point so what the fuck do I care?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is YOUR definition of "pay to win"?

As it relates to WoW, do you believe the game is now pay to win, or not at all pay to win?
    No, its not.

There is nothing you can buy with money that allows you to "win" the game or even make it easier to "win" the game.

For me, the game is about raiding. Thats were you need to perform. And no gold in the world will make you beat difficult raid bosses faster, contrary to what some people in this thread say. Crafted legendaries are utterly crap, and a few BoEs here and there in your raid won't make or break a boss kill.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't have Pay to win in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You need to take a break from the computer if you think in any way shape or form that gold in a video game has any relevance to rape and murder.
    And you need to grow the basic intellect to understand that i was merely proving your earlier arguement ("You can't completely stop it, it will always be there.Blizzard would lose money and time fighting it") irrelevant.

Just because you can't stop something doesn't mean you should legalize it - or turn it into a profit.

Wow in its current state is p2w I could pay real life dollars for a wow token then convert that for gold then trade that gold for a mythic carry and get all of the best gear in the game
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Wow in its current state is p2w I could pay real life dollars for a wow token then convert that for gold then trade that gold for a mythic carry and get all of the best gear in the game
    To me though that's not really pay to win, since you could do the same thing without needing to buy the token in the first place or exchanging real world money.

Deleted
    ITT: People who don't know what P2W means

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Tokens=buying gold with real money. You can buy some very powerful BoEs. It's OK to pay for carries with gold. P2W. It's pretty obvious. They just put in a couple extra steps to "hide" it. The fact that people are in here saying this isn't blatant p2w blows my mind.
    The fact that you think it was different with the token shows the willful ignorance which is commonplace around here.
    The token does not introduce a trade in being able to do that which was not present before.
    It was, hence why blizzard introduced a legitimate alternative.

The tokens did not introduce paying cash for equipment, carries, gold, etc.
    It has been around for years before that.
    I can't even remember when I first saw it.

If that is considered "p2w", then the game has always been that, for it has always been possible to do that.
    The token has not made it anything new.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-03 at 04:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Not at all. It's P2HBMP though... that is Pay to Have the Best Mounts and Pets.

It's also P2SK... Pay to Skip Content.

They are milking this motherfucker like there's no tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The tokens did not introduce paying cash for equipment, carries, gold, etc.
    It has been around for years before that.
    I can't even remember when I first saw it.

If that is considered "p2w", then the game has always been that, for it has always been possible to do that.
    The token has not made it anything new.
    You're so wrong. You see, "before" it was indeed possible, but the punishment was death (you could have the account closed for buying gold). Now it was basically allowed directly from Blizzard. It's like the government saying "ok, from now on you can buy all the cocaine you want... BUT you need to buy it from us". This doesn't make cocaine better

Quote Originally Posted by Mosottel View Post
    Not at all. It's P2HBMP though... that is Pay to Have the Best Mounts and Pets.

It's also P2SK... Pay to Skip Content.

They are milking this motherfucker like there's no tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

You're so wrong. You see, "before" it was indeed possible, but the punishment was death (you could have the account closed for buying gold). Now it was basically allowed directly from Blizzard. It's like the government saying "ok, from now on you can buy all the cocaine you want... BUT you need to buy it from us". This doesn't make cocaine better
    Best mounts? They offer no speed bonus compared to the others. And cosmetic wise it's down to taste. My 3 favorite looking ones are Alar, Ironbound Proto Drake and the Jade Cloud Serpent. So again it's not "pay to have the best mounts at all" when cosmetic wise it's down to personal taste.

Also best pets? Funny because most of the pet battle teams I have or have come up against have barely had store pets in them. I remember the Anubisath Idol team in MoP was disgustingly OP and it didn't consist of store pets. I remember one of the other widely used with it was Chrominius.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-03 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    1) Blizzard is not providing this service.. it is provided by other players.
    Blizzard is doing nothing to prevent this from happening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Do they get any sort of advantage over non paying players? No
    Yes they do, they get an advantage over non paying players, that like them, do not take part in raiding or the most demanding parts of the game in terms of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    If I ignore this guy, do I stop seeing his dumbass threads?

Infracted
    Sadly no, they will keep popping up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    For me, the game is about raiding.
    That is the thing, FOR YOU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is YOUR definition of "pay to win"?

As it relates to WoW, do you believe the game is now pay to win, or not at all pay to win?
    I love you.

I know you are being sarcastic of this community.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    You cant actually 'win' Wow cause the name of the game is to keep grinding for the sole purpose of having your ego win on a trade dick waving contest where you can shut someone up by linking your Cutting edge achieve.
    Or for fun with friends. That happens too.

Deleted
    Cosmetics (visuals, appearance, armor skins, other skins) which can be bought in cash shop.

Deleted
    I would like to center the discussion a little.
    I know that the OP asked if the game is or not P2W, which is not if we go by the strict definition of P2W.

But that said, there is a behaviour commonly accepted that people with gold or money can buy boosts to anything from other players.
    I am totally against this design, i think the idea of the game is that if you want for ex heroic raiding gear you should fukin raid, not buy that gear.
    Anyone defending the boosting for gold or real money services, should be ok with blizzard placing an NPC in game that would sell that same boosting services, so that at least scamming could be prevented.
    I am totally against this, and i think blizzard should ban everyone involved in this boosting circus the game is turning into.
    People play their chars worse each expansion, and why not? they have like zero incentive to learn when they can buy nearly all the things they find rewarding in game.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-05-03 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    ofc wow is pay to win right now in some very real aspects
    you can buy large amounts of gold for real life money
    with gold you buy 900+ilvl gear from AH, you buy consumables mandatory for raiding, you can buy tons of differents kinds of boosts that will get you more gear such as full raid runs and m+ 10+ timed runs
    on top of that you can buy mounts pets and transmogs which although may not be viewed by some as 'power' they are first: one of the ways to enjoy the game,
    second: some are competitive collectors of those and try to rank high, which means that since they can buy with real money their way to the top of the ladder again more pay to win